Winter Haven Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 8, 2018
My time at WHH was enjoyable. As a CNA they always tried to help me in any kind of advancement. The staff I worked with was a good community and well balanced.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
short staffed
geat experience
NURSE TECH (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 5, 2018
there are always patients at a hospital so there was never a dull moment. the staff was friendly and easy to work with. The days were always different due to the setting.
Community hospital merged with large hospital system
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 3, 2017
Winter Haven Hospital was a community hospital with a good reputation and long-term employees. It sustained many changes after becoming part of a larger entity.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
rapidly changing work environment.
Enjoy the people I work with
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 28, 2017
The staff is wonderful and work hard for the same goal....excellent patient care. I would like to see the nurses on the floor better educated as to ancillary departments and what they do.
People you worked with felt like family
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 2, 2017
The area that I worked in was great. Your co-workers felt like family. There was days the job was stressful and busy but that's what happens when working with computers.
benefits
Cons
it was a 24/7 job
Good
Supervisor Lead Transporter (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 18, 2017
Working at winter haven was nice. everyone for the most part was really welcoming and friendly. Most the nurses and doctors were sweet and cared for their patients
It was a good place to work.
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 1, 2017
It was a good place to work. I worked there for 8 years and I am glad that I had the experience working with my co-workers. There have been a lot of changes but it remains a decent place to work. I relocated out of the state when I began graduate school in 2014.
Lots of support
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Call Center for 5 years and I enjoyed the overnight shift because it was less stressful. Working in a hospital is fast pacoand they rely on you to relay important information in a quick, timely fashion.
Pros
Benefits, shifts
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no coverage
Awesome place to work
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 14, 2017
I was fresh out of Nursing school. The culture allowed me to learn while getting a Level II trauma experience. The workforce in the ED was a great team.
Pros
Brand new ED
Cons
Had to relocate
cna
To assist the RNs and LPNs (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 5, 2017
this is an okay place to work. they are staff correctly. they do okay patient care. the management team try to support you if they can. overall not a bad place
Winter Haven Hospital
Physician Scribe (Current Employee) –  Emergency RoomSeptember 3, 2017
In your typical day, it will get extremely busy, but everyone is very nice and respectful. It is a great place, but the salary is low for the amount of work. However, the experience is very good.
Fun
Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 30, 2017
I was actually a volunteer at Winter Haven Hospital but there is a paid position as well. It was a really great experience and very rewarding. You give directions to people and deliver flowers to patiences.
ok
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 29, 2017
ok work place. Used to be an excellent workplace until bought out by corporate Baycare. Poor management and not flexible with school hours and scheduling.
Good Place to Work
Precert Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 25, 2017
Competitive with other Hospitals.
Allows for Family time.
good Atmosphere with co-workers.
collections were stressed at time of service.
co-workers were laid back and helpful.
Pros
lunches
Cons
collections were stressed at time of service
great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 18, 2017
Busy environment. Great people to work with, everyone was always willing to help out (team players) and most of them had a positive attitude. Enjoyed every day I worked at this hospital.
Housekeeping
Environment services aide (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 15, 2017
I cleaned rooms and office spaces..sanitation I leaned that keeping germs down was necessary..management was mediocre..the hardest part of the job was pushing the cart through the hall..
na
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 10, 2017
Management is very poor. NO support for staff. Very "cliquish" most staff on the floor was friends with management outside of work and everyone else was treated like outcast.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 28, 2017
I was able to gain some secretarial experience from volunteering at this institution. My mentors were very nice and supportive I recommend working there to people.
A fun and educational work environment.
Pharmacy Tech and Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 27, 2017
This job was the beginning of my experience in the medical field. Starting out as a Pharmacy Technician, any person would acquire knowledge on medications, prioritizing, teamwork, and customer service. I later took the job title of Office Coordinator that increased my workload and knowledge of working in a large organization. I acquired management skills, assigning and delegating coworkers, teamwork, customer service, and prioritizing. It was a small department with the feel of home. I would never have left, but I needed to transfer to a position that was part-time.
Baycare is amazing to work for but beware whom your manager is!
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 11, 2017
Working at Winter Haven Hospital for Baycare was an amazing experience. I worked with a diverse and extremely knowledgeable staff in the ICUs. Sadly my acting manager was a young and spiteful person. I still recommend Baycare as a company to work for because of their benefits they offer. Just be mindful of who your manager is because they seem to not really screen out the bad apples from the good ones.
Pros
Benefits & wages
Cons
Lack of proper management to effectively run the ICUs