Winter Haven Hospital

Winter Haven Hospital Employee Reviews

Already Reviewed
environmental services (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: no advancement
I already reviewed this job and this company. Chances for advancement were moved to Clearwater when Baycare took over the hospital.
Plenty to learn and to do for our community. I enjoy every single day there.
RN (Current Employee), FLMay 25, 2015
They are a Magnet Hospital which is a recognition given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Is the top recognition that nursing can get which means high quality nursing.They were the first in Polk county, FL to receive this recognition. They have plenty of BSN and Master's degree in nursing so at this present time they are hiring nursing with AS degree as long as they have nursing experience somewhere else, (not necessary hospital experience) positive attitude, willing to learn among other good qualities . I am currently working on the Med/Surg floor and I love it.Six patients per nurse – more... maximum, IV team, Labs, orderly,the CNAs on the floor are very good, the manager, and the charge nurses on the floor know there job very well they keep us inform and always ready to teach, help or get the help we need.The rapid response team, and the house supervisors act FAST in case of any emergency.The housekeeping, and the cafeteria personnel are very helpful as well as the answering service operators and social service team. I have good experience with staffing also.The schedule on my floor is self scheduling... Plenty of support for nurses. I rather have the help to keep my patients safe, my stress low, and my family happy. I had met many staff with more than 10 years of work there....positive attitude and many smiles as I walk through any place in the building. Everyone is willing to help.Definitely top place to work in FL. – less
I liked my job very much and would still be with them if the job was still available.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 14, 2015
When we received calls from the floors that they had discharges we would go to the floors, write up the discharges( on computers) and present them to the patients. We would teach items on patients diagnosis, stroke education , diet, diabetes, and any thing pertinent to their needs.
Great Job
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 10, 2015
Seeking a new career change in order to improve my job skills. Work balance for me is good well managed, great team members to help with bumps in the road. Enjoy working with new team members.
Financial Asst
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Winter HavenApril 8, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: none
Help with billing and helping people get back on track. Do mdcd appication. Also do social security application.I never get tired of helping people. Thats my passon for helping people
Worked in the Spinal Cord Multiple Trauma unit
Staff Nurse-Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FloridaApril 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Neuro, was not a strong suit for me but I jumped in with all fours. I developed a renewed appreciation for the Neurological system and had wonderful mentors which taught me what I needed to know.

I am beginning to get tired, do you need to know all about everywhere I worked? Each place made me a better nurse.
Fast Paced
EMT/Nurse Technician (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 17, 2015
It was the type of job that as soon as you clocked in you barley got a chance to catch your breath. The plus side was that you work as many hours as you could handel in a week.
Hospital you can trust
Imaging Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLDecember 4, 2014
Its like no other, well run hospital. I will miss my co-workers and the other dedicated employee's. Over the 10 Years getting to know the patients and realizing how important they have become to me. The hardest part of the job was the knowledge that comes with knowing what can happen by not getting your of yearly mammograms, and the sadness for the patient. CANCER IS NO LADY
Great place to work, pay could be better.
ER Registration Rep (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: pay
Compared to other area hospitals, the pay is the worst. Good team environment, great coworkers who are supportive.
Love my job working as a neonatal nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 23, 2014
Work in a level II NICU. Attend deliveries and take care of infants on a daily basis. The earliest in gestational age I have taken care of are 29-30 weekers, and I enjoy watching them grow and progress from day one. I see miracles on a daily basis
It's a hospital, busy 24hrs a day. A lot goes on and alot is learned.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 31, 2014
A typical day at work is non stop. Very busy dealing with all different types of people and issues. Very fast paced with a decent amount of team players. The hardest part is when someone loses a loved one. The best part, is co workers who care and are team players at all times. Makes the day better.
Enjoyable
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 16, 2014
There is no typical day at work for this job. There is a different case everyday. Work is never uninteresting. I enjoy meeting different patients and hearing their stories.
Great place to work and grow
Receptionist (Former Employee), Sebring FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great pto hours you can accumulate
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work was this: Opened the office turn computers on got schedules ready and as patients come in I greet them and asked for any information needed to update charts, asked for payments if patient had to pay and secure it properly. Answer phone calls, schedule or reschedule any appointments for Doctors or patients. I learned how to professionally attend people. How to serve others, how to chart patients information.. My co-workers were great, worked together, helped each other and always encouraged one another to do better. The hardest part of the job was none for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was people.
Productive and nice place to work
Environmental Aide (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: working around patients and most of the time just trying to make things comfortable for them.
Cons: some of the people who worked there really did not appreciate their jobs.
I would clean all surgical rooms after use each day. I dusted all surfaces and made sure their were no messes left on any surfaces of any kind. Then I would use a sterilizing solution to clean with to make sure of cleanliness. The hardest part of this job was some of the people who were there just complained all the time. The most enjoyable was it was not a hard job at all and I really liked it.
A typical day
Registered Nurse - Medical Services Unit (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FloridaJune 4, 2014
Pros: patient satisfaction, participating with patient and family in care, learning new things everyday.
Cons: hard to handle patients, doctors not returning phone calls
A typical day on my floor involves a daily safety meeting, report from the night nurse, and prioritizing patient care. First I will check my patients who are diabetics, and administer insulin if scheduled (or extra if needed). I would then review labs, and tests for each patient. If any patients are scheduled to go for tests, I will do their assessments first, pass any meds needed, then finish my other patient's assessments and meds. I round hourly on my patients, checking on them, reassessing pain, helping them to the bathroom, bed side commode or bedpan. I help our techs with baths, linen changes – more... or emptying trash. I also help out other nurses if they need help.
My floor is fast paced, high patient turnover, variety of acuity, and mostly the older population.
The manager has an open door policy, helps out whenever she can, and so does my charge nurse and other nurses. We all work together to maintain patient safety and patient care.
The hardest part of my job would be the types of patients I encounter in my shift and figuring out what to do first. I've had a total care patient with a tracheotomy, peg tube feeding, every two hour turn, with wound care, on isolation, mouth care and consistent suction to a patient with continuous bladder irrigation after a resection of the prostate.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is knowing that my patients received the kind of care I would give to my family. The best compliments I get are when a patient/family member tells me that I actually treat the patient like a human being, they think I've been a nurse longer than I have, and that I keep them informed about what is going on. – less
Overall employment
Assistant Unit Manager in OR (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: staff, physicians, management a joy to work with.
I truly loved working for Winter Haven Hospital and would still be there had I not had to move.
very professional
HIM Internship (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: will pay for your education.
Cons: not a lot of opened positions
This company is pro education. There is a lot of room for growth and promotion.
Place for educational growth
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 23, 2014
All around 3 star rating, This Company is in the process of transfer to another Owner, Baycare. to rate based on previous work experience would be unfair.
SEVERE SMOKING POLICY.
Hard Work and under compensated
CNA (Former Employee), WInter Haven, floridaApril 23, 2014
I worked nights with a lot of co-workers who didn't want to help each other out and there wasn't the proper equipment to provide my job safely
Good place to work.
Volunteer Services Assistant (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLMarch 11, 2014
Assist with Information Desk providing support to patients, visitors, staff and volunteers.

1 2 3