Winter Haven Hospital Employee Reviews

I have chosen Radiography as a career field for three reasons: a desire to help others, a desire to learn, and a desire to be challenged individual.
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Radiologic technology is the most appealing career for me because it is a respected profession dedicated to helping people remain healthy.I am passionate about helping others in my community. I want to touch lives and make an impact. I love working and volunteering in healthcare; and this has dramatically influenced my career choice. Through my experiences, I have developed a strong interest in the medical field and a desire to share the challenges of the modern health care team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Everyone a team player
Front Office Lab (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Everyone was a team player. Entered patient information in the computer. Answer calls from patients and doctors. Pick up stat specimens from inside the hospital or driving to nursing homes to pick up stats specimens. Delivered specimens to the correct part of the lab.
It was hard to work on holidays, but, everyone took their turn to work a holiday.
I enjoyed making sure our patients had the care they needed and got any questions answer if need be.
I learned our patients comes first.
Being a team player and enjoyed the co workers
More fields to work in you learn different things.
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy but it was a very friendly environment. i learned how to do I.V's, how to be carrier, learned how to transport the drugs from one floor to another. The hardest part of the job was training other techs. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday seemed like a new adventure.
Pros
they brought in all types of food
Cons
no cons
The Regency Women's Center was a great work place
Bio-Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 15, 2016
This company was a good place to work. There were plenty of great people to work with during this time. The hospital is a large employer with employment nearly guaranteed.
Pros
Work opportunity was dependable
Cons
Paid Time Off benefit
very poorly run and out of compliance.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 29, 2016
nepotism, favoritism, dishonesty, noncompliance with federal regulations. This place has been a frustrating nightmare to work at. I am trying to find better opportunities
Pros
location
Cons
bad leadership, dishonest supervisors
nothing to say
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 13, 2017
it is the same i said about jt joseph hospital before with some good team members some not as good and some really not goods at all but sometimes 3 bad roaches are noisier than 97 good ones but that is life.
Great rehab unit
Staff PTA In-Patient Rehab (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 11, 2016
Working on joy fuller rehab unit was a great experience, outstanding co-workers, great team work among all disciplines, always trying to get patients back to their highest functional level
Pros
co workers
Why I like Winter Haven Florida
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 16, 2016
I like helping people that are sick and in need of care. It is a nice atmosphere to work. The staff is willing to help when you are in need of assistance.
Excellent work environment
Graduate Nurse to Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 29, 2016
Top notch Emergency Department. Cooperative staff. Comprehensive care profided. Specialty areas of care. Clean environment. Follow-up calls made form staff to assess patient satisfaction.
Pros
Fast tack division of ED available
Cons
Wait time is long
Great co workers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 1, 2016
This was a great place to work with great people. Just needed more opportunities to advance in or outside the department
worked the night shift, a new experience with new challenges
Medical Technologist, Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work on the night shift required many different jobs. That is fine, unless there is and emergency or and accident and then something get left undone because there is only one person working there. Immunology was part of micro in Winter Haven so doing ER immu tests would interfere with the micro. Management understood this and this was their set up, but it was frustrating for me to leave things undone for the dayshift to have to come in and take up the slack. The co-workers were excellent. My manager was excellent. It was just a personal aggravation to leave something undone, but that was how they had set things up. Night shift was for emergencies, and if you got to do cultures, that was great. I wanted to get it all done.
Pros
really good food, understanding management and co-workers
Cons
overworking, trying to get everything done so dayshift wouldn't walk into a mess
Exciting and Productive place to work
Mcaid Payment Poster, Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 4, 2016
Worked many different areas for the hospital which made it a great learning experience while employed there. Mostly in the Radiology Dept. and all the area of that dept. In the Business Office which taught me how insurance part of medical works. Had a great bunch of co-workers in both departments. Greatest part was greeting and helping patients. Really no hard part, really enjoyed working for WHH.
Pros
Time off when needed, scheduled lunch breaks, great benefits
busy place to work
Security/HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 11, 2016
I learned security,hospital operations.
nice work environment,good co workers.I would do this type work again.excellent benefits
Pros
benefits, good enviroment
learned alot
cna (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 13, 2016
I work for winter haven hospital, learned alot and met alot of great peolpe, very good place to work. They offered free education ,
Pros
great insurance package
Cons
sometimes no lunch break
A good place to work if you want to be married to it.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 27, 2016
My days are typically fast paced with extremely ill patients and limited supplies/personnel to treat them with. My managers are rarely ever encouraging and seem to want to point out everything being done wrong instead of the hard work that me and my co-workers put in day in and day out. I used to enjoy this job until patient load, extreme long on-call shift hours, and little recognition for my work made their way as the daily norm. Now I am looking for something different because life is too short to be unhappy with one's occupation.
Great co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 12, 2015
Lacks strong upper-level supervisor/management. Many changes within industry as a whole, but overall a pleasant experience and reliable income.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many politics within upper-level management.
It was a good job and learning experience.
Patient Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work consist of getting report on your patients and doing blood sugar checks blood pressures and ekgs if needed and answering call lights and assisting patients.
Pros
taking care of patients
Cons
not enough help sometimes.
Winter Haven Hospital
Medical Assistant/Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 27, 2013
On a typical day, I ran the Prenatal Clinic that I helped start at Winter Haven Hospital that focused on Medicaid and Medicaid HMO's. I had wonderful co-workers and the company itself is a good organization. They are offer decent benefits since they are self-insured they offer better prices than most other places. I however do not agree with most of the way the management runs things. Some show favoritism, others choose a person that is having problems and in stead of teaching how to fix the problems, they tend to scrutinize that persons performance until that person quits the position. I'm sure that things have changed since Baycare Hospital took over the company.

Noting that my employment ended I loved my patients, I loved taking care of moms-to-be. There is a certain joy in life with you are the one who help nourish life. One of the key instruments to help bring a new person into this world. Matter of fact to know that you have brought a little bit of happiness to someone who is facing sickness or other problems, makes a light shine bright in my heart.
Pros
Retirement program is pretty good and pay is decent.
Cons
Managment does not listen to your suggestions, they tend to self absorbed.
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJune 11, 2016
I love working at Baycare. I don't have anything negative to say about this company thus far. The daily work load is challenging, but it is also very rewarding.
Providing highest quality and most effective care and services.
Remittance Processor (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 2, 2012
Winter Haven Hospital offers excellent jobs, pay, benefits, school reimbursement, advancement. Offers excellent care to patients, respects patient privacy required by HIIPPA Laws.

Family oriented, works with employees and family schedules and emergencies.

Offers healthcare coverage and benefits.
Pros
free birthday lunch
Cons
short break and lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winter Haven Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Winter Haven Hospital Reviews by Location