Winter Haven Hospital Employee Reviews

very poorly run and out of compliance.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 29, 2016
nepotism, favoritism, dishonesty, noncompliance with federal regulations. This place has been a frustrating nightmare to work at. I am trying to find better opportunities
Pros
location
Cons
bad leadership, dishonest supervisors
The Regency Women's Center was a great work place
Bio-Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 15, 2016
This company was a good place to work. There were plenty of great people to work with during this time. The hospital is a large employer with employment nearly guaranteed.
Pros
Work opportunity was dependable
Cons
Paid Time Off benefit
Excellent work environment
Graduate Nurse to Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 29, 2016
Top notch Emergency Department. Cooperative staff. Comprehensive care profided. Specialty areas of care. Clean environment. Follow-up calls made form staff to assess patient satisfaction.
Pros
Fast tack division of ED available
Cons
Wait time is long
More fields to work in you learn different things.
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy but it was a very friendly environment. i learned how to do I.V's, how to be carrier, learned how to transport the drugs from one floor to another. The hardest part of the job was training other techs. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday seemed like a new adventure.
Pros
they brought in all types of food
Cons
no cons
learned alot
cna (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 13, 2016
I work for winter haven hospital, learned alot and met alot of great peolpe, very good place to work. They offered free education ,
Pros
great insurance package
Cons
sometimes no lunch break
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJune 11, 2016
I love working at Baycare. I don't have anything negative to say about this company thus far. The daily work load is challenging, but it is also very rewarding.
It was a good job and learning experience.
Patient Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work consist of getting report on your patients and doing blood sugar checks blood pressures and ekgs if needed and answering call lights and assisting patients.
Pros
taking care of patients
Cons
not enough help sometimes.
busy place to work
Security/HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 11, 2016
I learned security,hospital operations.
nice work environment,good co workers.I would do this type work again.excellent benefits
Pros
benefits, good enviroment
A good place to work if you want to be married to it.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 27, 2016
My days are typically fast paced with extremely ill patients and limited supplies/personnel to treat them with. My managers are rarely ever encouraging and seem to want to point out everything being done wrong instead of the hard work that me and my co-workers put in day in and day out. I used to enjoy this job until patient load, extreme long on-call shift hours, and little recognition for my work made their way as the daily norm. Now I am looking for something different because life is too short to be unhappy with one's occupation.
Exciting and Productive place to work
Mcaid Payment Poster, Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 4, 2016
Worked many different areas for the hospital which made it a great learning experience while employed there. Mostly in the Radiology Dept. and all the area of that dept. In the Business Office which taught me how insurance part of medical works. Had a great bunch of co-workers in both departments. Greatest part was greeting and helping patients. Really no hard part, really enjoyed working for WHH.
Pros
Time off when needed, scheduled lunch breaks, great benefits
Cons
Peers are great to work with.
Collections Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 13, 2016
No longer employed there the Baycare moved the Business Office to
Oldsmar Tampa. Co-workers would good, Management that I dealt with was good.
Pros
great team to work with in the Business Office
Cons
In my position I had no complaints
Fair job
Operating Room Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Not a bad place to work. They were very willing to accommodate my class schedule. Not always the most pleasant work, but that is to be expected at a hospital.
interacting with patients
Hospital Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 16, 2015
Admitting patients into the hospital,verifying insurance,filing,answering phone,team player, additional assignments, assist patients to their assigned room, communicated with doctors
Pros
learning different billing codes, making the patient feel comfortable
Great co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 12, 2015
Lacks strong upper-level supervisor/management. Many changes within industry as a whole, but overall a pleasant experience and reliable income.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many politics within upper-level management.
educational
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winter HavenAugust 24, 2015
wonderful place to work, I am very satisfied with the experience I have had so far. I would recommend anyone to work at this facility
worked the night shift, a new experience with new challenges
Medical Technologist, Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work on the night shift required many different jobs. That is fine, unless there is and emergency or and accident and then something get left undone because there is only one person working there. Immunology was part of micro in Winter Haven so doing ER immu tests would interfere with the micro. Management understood this and this was their set up, but it was frustrating for me to leave things undone for the dayshift to have to come in and take up the slack. The co-workers were excellent. My manager was excellent. It was just a personal aggravation to leave something undone, but that was how they had set things up. Night shift was for emergencies, and if you got to do cultures, that was great. I wanted to get it all done.
Pros
really good food, understanding management and co-workers
Cons
overworking, trying to get everything done so dayshift wouldn't walk into a mess
Great place to work with many challenges to overcome
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Center for Behavioral Health, Winter HavenAugust 6, 2015
Great group of co-workers all striving to help the area clients to become their best self thru counseling, medication, special programs to their needs.
My typical day included auditing of the prior day's medical charts, counselors notes on appointments with clients, data entry of billing, filing, faxing, assisting Medical Records department when needed.
Pros
Great benefits and hours
Cons
Recent buy-out by another major company
Great coworkers
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 3, 2015
Coworkers and other non management employees were fabulous. The managment does a incredible amount of micromanaging their employees. The FHC's management are more worried about patient numbers than patient care.
great work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartiow flJuly 9, 2015
I worked for a company who would go in and do new construction clean up, the best part was being able to go to different job sites, i worked with a great team
Pros
making new friends
Mental Health Tech.
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 23, 2015
Worked on the Psychiatric unit (CFP) of the Winter Haven Hospital with many different types of mental disorders. Did vitals several times a day and documented the results. Did daily group cessions to ensure the resident knows and understands the rules and responsibilities while on the unit. Assisted with skills of daily living to the patients that required it. Served each resident breakfast lunch and dinner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winter Haven Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Winter Haven Hospital Reviews by Location