Winter Wyman & Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great company culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 11, 2014
Terrific community, just make sure you know the entirety of the job requirements. Best in the business of a tough business to crack.
Pros
in-depth training, tremendous support, community involvement
Cons
sales is sales
One of the few that keep you working
Billing Auditor/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 20, 2014
I have worked for Winter Wyman in two assignments. I was notified continually if something came up that I was a good fit for. I was in regular contact with them, something I cannot say about other agencies I've interviewed with for openings they had. Many never call again, once you meet with them.
Pros
they keep you on their radar.
Contract work
Contractor, Broker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Contract work for a broker at a bank. Calls to back off and filing and trade processing.
Pros
contract work
Cons
contract work
Great Temporary Agency
PBX Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 8, 2013
Great recruiters willing and ready to find a great place of employment.
Multiple Negative Experiences
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  boston maSeptember 12, 2013
Negative experience with three different recruiters. I found them to be the worst to deal with in the New England area. They asked for personal references up front before having a specific position, then they used my references to solicit business for themselves.
I found them all to try to force fit recruits for their clients and not be very be honest. There are much better staffing firms in the Boston area.
Cons
unethical
Avoid at all costs
Temporary Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 14, 2013
I've worked on and off with Winter WHYman for years and am astonished that they are still in business. How a company who lies to their contractors and to the companies who are their clients and still stays in business is a miracle.
Typical:
A candidate applies for a job, a phone call between the candidate and WHYman occurs, the candidate is scheduled to meet one of the WHYman headhunters. When the candidate arrives, they wait and wait and wait for the interviewing process to begin. When it does, said candidate is told that the job they had applied to is no longer available...BUT...that the candidates' resume will be kept on file for future employment opportunites and thanks and have a nice day.
My company used to work with this joke of an agency and has since given up due to the shoddy customer service, terrible candidates and extremely high fees.
Bottom Line: Use ANY other temping agency on earth and get 100% better service.
Pros
none that i can think of
Cons
awful customer service, completely useless staff, bad placements and huge fees. they are the bottom of the barrel.
Avoid Winter Wyman recruiters and keep your current Job.
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  BostonJune 29, 2012
Winter Wyman recruiters are very convincing and supportive but, they will do everything to keep their client happy. And they give least amount of support just to get you get you hired so that they can get paid. Regardless of how bad the situation at the employer side. My advise: don’t give up your day job !!

I’m currently working through their placement but I was mislead into accepting this position for 5K more in salary - yearly. However, I came to work with bunch of unprofessional, High school graduates who’s main motive is to make you fail on a daily basis.
Pros
provide you with guidance in resigning your current job, get you faster to the unemployment line.
One of the most highly respected accounting placement firms in the greater Boston area.
Temp to perm accountant. (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 5, 2011
Outstanding reputation for quality accounting assignments from temporary to full time direct hire with full benefits.
Pros
excellent reputation, excellent contacts.
Cons
no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winter Wyman & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8