Winterwood, Inc Employee Reviews

No training
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KYFebruary 16, 2018
I inherited a mess at the properties I managed, but was expected to hit the ground running and clean it up quickly with little to no training. I was never given a performance appraisal, but was let go because things weren't happening as fast as the corporation wanted them to happen.
Pros
was able to get overtime
Cons
had little to no training
Family
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2017
I always felt like family with Winterwood. They could use help with asset manager training, but everyone else pretty much did there jobs. I really hated to leave, but since they don't have any property in Georgia
Pros
Annual meeting
Cons
healthcare was not good
Great place to work. still there today
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Crittenden, KYMarch 23, 2017
Best company I have worked at for sure. Seen some negative reviews but I will just say that I have always been treated great here and I am not related to anyone at Winterwood but I do my job well and they always noticed it and praised myself and my entire team.
Pros
Flexible, excellent upper management, always rewarded for your work
Cons
None to speak of
Great place to build a work family
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2017
Caring and helpful management team and great opportunity to meet and help prospecting customers find new housing but it can get tens if a prospect or resident is in happy with property rules, staff or pricing, ext you will be required at times to dismantle tension an frustration in a appropriate manner. At the end of the day it's a great job environment to feel accomplished.
Pros
Loose Management and great benefits
Cons
Environment can get tens without warning
laid back
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisa, KYFebruary 28, 2017
Review all reports, stay on top of delinquency and recertifications. It can be a fast paced environment in certain circumstances. Work ahead as much as you can to stay on top of all your work so you don't fall behind and you can stay stress free.
With the little to no supervision on site you have to be responsible enough to get the work done.
Pros
work/life balance is great. Little supervision so you don't have anyone breathing down your neck.
Cons
on call for residents 24 hours a day
Interesting place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 20, 2015
Interesting place to work. Do not have a set schedule of what needs to be done on a daily basis because it can change from on second to the next. Meet a variety of people.
Pros
Not constantly monitored
Cons
Bed bugs
Maintenance Supervisor disrespectful and lazy
Maintenance tech, painter (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleFebruary 18, 2015
Was asked to cover oncall all the time because the Supervisor was never available on his rotation.

Was like high school. Only way to advance is to be buddies with someone. They let certain maintenance men to do work as contractors most are all related. Maintenance spends an hour a day smoking cigarettes before starting work. Then take naps on the clock.
Pros
its a job
Cons
double standards, favoritism, poor maintenance supervision. and disrepectful
This Job is demanding of strong customer service skills.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2013
This job is very demanding you have to have great customer service skills and problem solving skills. This job will help build character and a real since of responsibility.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Time management, pay
Poor Supervisor
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYAugust 30, 2013
Supervisor was inadequate in regards to training mangers which led to mistakes, managers took the fall. Supervisor and program micro managed and took control over stepping boundaries. No support from upper management. Family is intertwined in this business which plays a big part as to accountability and fairness.
Pros
Program beliefs
Cons
lack of support, and training
Unsupportive management staff.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYAugust 25, 2013
Pay was acceptable. Benefits were not. Atmosphere was not conducive to good employee moral. Upper management was very quick tempered with no logical thinking skills.
Pros
Hours were good.
Cons
Bad working environment.
Loved working for this company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYJanuary 16, 2013
Moved to Alabama to help take care of my mother, but would not have left this company. They are a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
i could schedule my time as needed.
Cons
can't think of any.