WinterWyman Employee Reviews

not productive
Human Resources Benefit Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
winter wyman is a staffing agency located in Massachusetts, they tend to fill up their client's roles by sending people without not knowing the work environment.
November 20, 2017

I'm sorry to hear your perspective on WinterWyman is not favorable. Our business is built on relationships, and a huge part of that is knowing our clients, their company's and the roles well. We will take your feedback and share it with the team to ensure we are doing the best job every time, with every candidate. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we wish you the best in your contract role.
Director of Candidate Experience
WinterWyman

Good Recruiters
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Great Company to get a first job or more professional and more experience. Would recommend this company to other people who are looking into the field of IT
September 5, 2017

Thanks for the kind words about WinterWyman and our recruiters! We think they are pretty amazing too. We wish you continued success in your career and thank you again for taking the time to write.

All the best,
Director of Candidate Experience at WinterWyman

Temporary Agency
Payroll Specialist/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 22, 2017
They work hard to get you working and keep you working. Recruiters call back whenever you have a question. Advocate on your behalf. It's hard to write a review for a staffing agency.
Pros
Excellent Recruiters
Cons
No paid Time Off
August 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with WinterWyman. Of course we are pleased to know your calls were returned and you felt supported by our team! We wish you continued success and hope to work with you again in the future.
All the best,
Director of Candidate Experience at WinterWyman

Great way to find contract HR work
HR CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Greater BostonAugust 17, 2017
Winter Wyman placed me with some great companies for contract assignments. They checked in frequently to see how things were going, and were proactive about helping me look for my next opportunity when an assignment was nearing its completion.
August 21, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about working with our firm. It's great to hear that your assignments went well and that your experience with our recruitment staff was so positive. Thank you for trusting us to find the right career opportunities for you. We look forward to partnering together again in the future.

Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2017
Limited in advancement opportunities in the corporate realm however workplace culture and integrity of CEO is bar none. Focus on "doing the right thing".
May 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for contributing to the culture that we are so proud of. We truly believe we are a best place to work, and as you mentioned, strive to always do the right thing - for our employees, clients, candidates and the community. If you have suggestions on how we can improve, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or another member of the Employee Engagement team. ~Michelle Roccia, EVP of Employee Engagement, 781-530-3070, mroccia@winterwyman.com

Agency
Human Resources & Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
I was send in assignment to a good place, I was waiting to find a permanent position but my agent left the company. Place were I was send good with a good room to grow
Pros
Temporary position
Cons
no benefits
April 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review WinterWyman! We are so pleased your experience was positive. Wishing you continued success.
Director of Candidate Experience

Great staffing firm
Administrative and Executive (contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I learned a lot from WW, albeit my assignments were short. I did get to do a few quick stop in's at some great companies and get my feet wet.

This is also where I learned my beginner admin office skills to take the next steps forward.
Pros
Works with good companies
Cons
Limited opportunities
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 21, 2016
This is a great company, is very ethical and they put the employees consultants and clients over profit. Upper management is great you can walk in their office and talk to them anytime. The training is great and they really work hard to help you succeed.They also make sure to keep the culture fun as well as charitable. We are allowed to give worktime to help our charities
Pros
Cons
Tough industry
Good job placement
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 14, 2016
very good employment agency. Managers really take time to know employees. I had a sup who traveled from Boston to NY to take a group of temps to lunch .
Pros
Good job placement.
Great Mission Statement
Senior Recruiter - HR Search Division (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 21, 2015
The organization has a strong culture of giving back. Leadership is is transparent and they have a strong open door policy.
Pros
Cons
limited upward mobility
Worked as consultant. Get paid on time.
BI-Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
WinterWyman (Contracting division) as the (only) middle layer between the end-client is pretty decent in this day an age of consulting.

The best thing is they are legit and you could trust them with your information. Also, you get paid on time as a consultant. In this day an age of consulting just having this much is a big deal.
Pros
Trust worthy, and Legit. Not overly aggressive.
Cons
They seem to have a very limited accounts(clients). (I could help them out here:)
Fun
Business Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
MLB client
The hardest part of the job is very poor communication and sharing of requirements and information which led to difficulty in gathering requirements and relationship building with the users. Since the project is so large, adequate ramp up and sharing of requirements is central to project continuity.

The most enjoyable part was sitting with my co-workers in one room. They are nice people.

What I learned- strategy for requirements gathering based on the user types and their working styles...document everything at meetings [meeting minutes] be persistent in getting the information you need and don't assume that other co-workers have your best interests in mind.
Pros
Good pay, fun co-workers
Cons
Very poor communication and ramp up
Great company culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 11, 2014
Terrific community, just make sure you know the entirety of the job requirements. Best in the business of a tough business to crack.
Pros
In-depth training, tremendous support, community involvement
Cons
Sales is Sales
One of the few that keep you working
Billing Auditor/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 20, 2014
I have worked for Winter Wyman in two assignments. I was notified continually if something came up that I was a good fit for. I was in regular contact with them, something I cannot say about other agencies I've interviewed with for openings they had. Many never call again, once you meet with them.
Pros
They keep you on their radar.
Contract work
Contractor, Broker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Contract work for a broker at a bank. Calls to back off and filing and trade processing.
Pros
Contract work
Cons
contract work
Great Temporary Agency
PBX Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 8, 2013
Great recruiters willing and ready to find a great place of employment.
Multiple Negative Experiences
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  boston maSeptember 12, 2013
Negative experience with three different recruiters. I found them to be the worst to deal with in the New England area. They asked for personal references up front before having a specific position, then they used my references to solicit business for themselves.
I found them all to try to force fit recruits for their clients and not be very be honest. There are much better staffing firms in the Boston area.
Cons
Unethical
Avoid at all costs
Temporary Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 14, 2013
I've worked on and off with Winter WHYman for years and am astonished that they are still in business. How a company who lies to their contractors and to the companies who are their clients and still stays in business is a miracle.
Typical:
A candidate applies for a job, a phone call between the candidate and WHYman occurs, the candidate is scheduled to meet one of the WHYman headhunters. When the candidate arrives, they wait and wait and wait for the interviewing process to begin. When it does, said candidate is told that the job they had applied to is no longer available...BUT...that the candidates' resume will be kept on file for future employment opportunites and thanks and have a nice day.
My company used to work with this joke of an agency and has since given up due to the shoddy customer service, terrible candidates and extremely high fees.
Bottom Line: Use ANY other temping agency on earth and get 100% better service.
Pros
none that i can think of
Cons
awful customer service, completely useless staff, bad placements and huge fees. they are the bottom of the barrel.
Avoid Winter Wyman recruiters and keep your current Job.
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  BostonJune 29, 2012
Winter Wyman recruiters are very convincing and supportive but, they will do everything to keep their client happy. And they give least amount of support just to get you get you hired so that they can get paid. Regardless of how bad the situation at the employer side. My advise: don’t give up your day job !!

I’m currently working through their placement but I was mislead into accepting this position for 5K more in salary - yearly. However, I came to work with bunch of unprofessional, High school graduates who’s main motive is to make you fail on a daily basis.
Pros
provide you with guidance in resigning your current job, get you faster to the unemployment line.
One of the most highly respected accounting placement firms in the greater Boston area.
Temp to perm accountant. (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 5, 2011
Outstanding reputation for quality accounting assignments from temporary to full time direct hire with full benefits.
Pros
excellent reputation, excellent contacts.
Cons
no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinterWyman. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8