Winthrop-University Hospital

Winthrop-University Hospital Employee Reviews

A family orientated work place
Administrative Secretary, Tumor Registry (Current Employee), Mineola, NYAugust 27, 2015
Staff are helpful and warming to new employees but its hard to get in the hospital to work. I love going to work everyday. This hospital is focus on treating cancer and everyone works together for a resolution.
Productive and fun work place
Placement Worker (Current Employee), Mineola, NYAugust 10, 2015
provided a great work environment. Allowed you to work independently with excellent support from management and staff.
Exciting place to learn
Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Great colleagues and managers, great leadership
Exciting place to learn. Manage a case load of about 88 members, coordination of patient care. UAS reviews
Nurse focused
Maternal Child RN (Current Employee), Mineola, NYJuly 10, 2015
Nursing driven hospital. Great place to work. LIRR location at the door. Pay is good however the experience from this hospital and teaching you receive is of a high standard.
Co-operative and supportive workplace
I.T Help Desk Associate (Current Employee), Mineola, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, competitive compensation
Cons: high stress environment, little opportunity for advancement
Winthrop Hospital is a good place to work, if not a place where people become comfortable in their roles and don't move on/up very quickly if at all.

Management is usually very helpful and understanding, – more... but again, their is little room for advancement for new employees because of the excellent benefits provided.

Co-workers, for the most part, are easy to work with, except in a hospital setting, there can be high-stress days/weeks depending on what's going on in the hospital. – less
Dirty enviroment
Payroll Rep/ Admin (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYJune 17, 2015
Maintained an accurate invoicing system , performed all data entry
Performed all bank transactions, kept track of all cash receivables and performed daily collections
Established and maintained all accounts payable/ accounts receivable
Recorded and kept track of all stock, placed necessary orders
Assisted customers, locate parts needed, performed write-ups
Working at a nursing home
Nursing assistant (Current Employee), Queens at nursing homeJune 10, 2015
A typical work consist of 8 hours . I learned to be nice to the patients and co- workers. The co-workers are very nice well sometimes. The hardiest part of the job is lifting patients and giving them baths. Going home from a long day of work.
Great job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mineola, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Going out to lunch on our break
Cons: None
Great experience. Working in NICU could be very stressful; however, my coworkers and I became a family. We would help each other personally and professionally. The managers would work and try to make the work environment pleasant and professional.
Great
Diet Technician (Former Employee), Mineola, NYMay 25, 2015
Great place to work. Employees/staff very professional, welcoming and patient. Amazing learning environment with many opportunities to grow.
Best place to work at
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), mineola, nyMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: none
A typical 9 to 5 . Great team effort and would stay here if I could.
The team works well together and the managers are very accomadating
Transporter (Current Employee), Mineola, NYMay 10, 2015
Pros: benefits are decent for full time employees.
Cons: parking is real bad after 9am and promotions to different positions or departments are very rare.
My experience working at Winthrop hospital has been good. co workers work together and management is good. I learned a lot of patient relations skills working at the hospital and being around so many people.
Wonderful workplace and people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mineola, NYMay 3, 2015
This was a volunteer position. I worked on Saturdays, midday for three hours. A typical day at work consisted of picking up the phones, directing visitors, as well as delivering gifts to patients' rooms. – more... My co-workers were very friendly and it was always a joy to work alongside of them. The hardest part of this job was that before entering, I would usually have softball practice. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients when we delivered gifts and how their faces would light up. – less
Wonderful place to work and learn.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Mineola, NYApril 21, 2015
This was my first job out of college and I learned so much. I work with amazing RN's and really love my job. Wonderful place to work.
Ugh it's an okay work environment
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Mineola, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great group of people to work with
Cons: Cheap on their compensation/bad insurance
This hospital is located in a very diverse area but administration isn't diverse at all. But the people you work with are great
Friendly atmosphere to work
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee), Mineola, nyMarch 12, 2015
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: no comment
Getting to know the patients and being friends with them. Learned more in depth of medical billing and currently learning to post Urgent care visits. Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
challenging, ever changing.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), Mineola, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Winthrop University Hospital was a small community base hospital when I arrived there. It grew quickly to enjoy a confidence rating which was very high in the area. This is a culturally diverse area, and – more... Winthrop kept up with the changes. Nurses typically worked 12 hr. shifts, and had ongoing communication with management. The hardest part of the job was giving compassionate end of life care to those patients too ill to survive. The most enjoyable part was watching new graduates practice skills, observations, and implement organization that the more senior staff taught them. – less
Great experience
Student Clinicals (Former Employee), Mineola, NYFebruary 12, 2015
My student clinical experience here was a wonderful learning experience. I am grateful to have been a part of a wonderful organization which seeks to provide a high standard of quality patient care
Great Hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 30, 2015
Large regional hospital. Intelligent, friendly staff. Great experience working here and having opportunity to learn many new things.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Contract Nurse- Level 1 Trauma Emergency Room (Former Employee), MINEOLA NYJanuary 23, 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK ON LONG ISLAND. MANAGEMENT CARES ABOUT STAFF.

GOOD PLACE TO WORK A TEMP CONTRACT/AGENCY

HIGHLY RECOMMEND, BUT BE READY TO WORK, AND WORK HARD.
nursing RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mineola, NYJanuary 12, 2015
typical day include 7 med surg patients; lots of admission during the week; great team work
stressful situation capable of managing it with great supportive team great educators; managerial support. hardest part is floating to other units.