Winthrop-University Hospital

Winthrop-University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Co-operative and supportive workplace
I.T Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 6, 2015
Winthrop Hospital is a good place to work, if not a place where people become comfortable in their roles and don't move on/up very quickly if at all.

Management is usually very helpful and understanding, but again, their is little room for advancement for new employees because of the excellent benefits provided.

Co-workers, for the most part, are easy to work with, except in a hospital setting, there can be high-stress days/weeks depending on what's going on in the hospital.
Pros
good benefits, competitive compensation
Cons
high stress environment, little opportunity for advancement
New Opportunities filled with positive reinforcement
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Winthrop University Hospital is a great place to start a young career in healthcare. It is a great place to learn, even if you aren't proficient in a certain aspect of your job Winthrop will give you the proper training necessary to excel in your position and better yourself. With Winthrop always expanding with new buildings there are new career opportunities always available and they encourage growth within employees. It is nice where your supervisors/managers do all they can to see their employees excel in their desired field.
great place to work
Medical Surgical/Telemetry Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Being a nurse will always have its ups and downs but working here made it more bearable. Great coworkers and management. Always an opportunity to learn from peers or great nurse educators.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYMay 10, 2015
My experience working at Winthrop hospital has been good. co workers work together and management is good. I learned a lot of patient relations skills working at the hospital and being around so many people.
Pros
benefits are decent for full time employees.
Cons
parking is real bad after 9am and promotions to different positions or departments are very rare.
Nice Place to Work, Clarity in Job Expectations Could Improve
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 6, 2016
Winthrop is a nice company to work for however, depending on the job position, understanding job expectations can be challenging at times. No true training program for billing position implemented yet but improvement could be on the horizon.
Productive work place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 6, 2016
Complete vital signs on all patients amongst other medical procedures

Multitasking

Manage Physicians during a difficult day

Team Work amongst co-workers

When working alone can be difficult

what I enjoy about my job is when a schedule is not over booked
Pros
when working together
Cons
Lack of help
Management aren't really nice. Coworkers seem to be unhappy.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYSeptember 24, 2015
The hospital is great. The time that i have been working here, I see a lot of people complaining about their current position. I believe it is not a great look on those who are starting a new position. Higher management aren't so friendly. And there needs to be more organization implemented.
Growing and productive workplace
Medical Secretary/ Medical Assistant Peds surgery (Current Employee) –  Mineola NYAugust 28, 2015
A very productive, energetic and caring facility. Our patients and their families are very valuable to the institution we povide quality health care all patients are treated with dignity and respect. The most enjoyable moment are when my patients come in for post op follw ups and they have made great healing progress. Management is very supportive and willing to health out in any way possible.
Great workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYMay 13, 2016
My internship at Winthrop University Hospital was very rewarding. I learned the functions of the radiology department and got to sit in at numerous meetings. During my internship I was responsible for numerous tasks such as data entry and processing finance forms.
Everday is a learning experience
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 7, 2016
A variety of patients and supportive staff members. In the 14 years, at this faculty, I have observed cutting edge advantage from expansion of the hospital's library and ED including additions of trauma rooms .
Great team players in the SICU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 10, 2016
Great coworkers. Winthrop has motivated me to continue to be a lifelong learner. Free parking is appreciated. Assistant nurse managers are hands on. Great physician assistant staff, easy to work with, very respectful.
great staff
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYMarch 10, 2016
learning laboratory work put a insight of my field of nursing, this is a way to experience scientific terminology. learned how to do many things and provided privacy
Productive workplace
Senior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 19, 2016
My co-workers were helpful and kind. This is a great place to work and engage in healthcare. Learned more about how to interact with patients and healthcare providers through this experience.
Productive and Learning-based Work Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 22, 2016
A learning environment with rewarding experience. Kind and understanding people, and learning is both skill based and personally based. Definitely recommend.
great place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYApril 21, 2016
Everyone on the job is always happy an welcoming they make you feel at home right away an theirs never a dull moment. Ive learned to mind my own business an stay to myself to stay out of trouble
Great work enviornment
Sr. System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 20, 2016
Productive and progressive work enviornment
great work life balance
strong job culture
Challenging tasks
Open communication envionment
Forwarding thinking approach
Radiation Therapist
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 1, 2015
Great Place to work wonderful staff and management. If I didn't want to relocate from NY I would never leave this job. I was a student here the subsequently hired when I graduated. We are a close family of co-workers.
Co-workers were very helpful. Fun place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 3, 2015
I only work there for a few months due to relocation. Management was supportive and accessible. I really enjoyed working there and taking care of my patients.
malverne
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Great place to work, Wonderful students and great staff. Learned a lot about myself. Enjoyed everyday I was there. Would not change my experience there for anything
Continuing to expand
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Volume driven, expanding hematology/oncology infusion center with ambitious director of oncology. Busy practice.

4.2