Winthrop-University Hospital Employee Reviews

fun prodctives
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYOctober 8, 2017
go in find out rooms i have go see the patients let them know i will be caring for them for the day take vital see what the needs are for the day and assist them with it
i love caring for people
diverse
to loss one of the patients
getting to learn new things
Pros
lunch free sometimes
Cons
health care
A good starting point, to my career.
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 2, 2017
While doing volunteer work in Winthrop University Hospital, I took was taught various clerical tasks, from creating folders an charts, to organizing and alphabetizing, to data entry and data retrieval. The Head of the Senior Volunteer program was charming, personable, reasonable, and compassionate. The Home Health Care staff and Human Resources staff just as much. They would usually have me work only one day a week, however.
Pros
Ease of larning tasks, friendly staff, work flexibility
Cons
non-paid volunteer position, not enough hours, not enough days.
Good place
OB/GYN Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 1, 2017
This was where I began to work when I first started my family. My children were seen by Winthrop doctors and my second child was born at Winthrop. I enjoyed working there but the work culture proved to be difficult and oppressive at times but I pushed forward and made it a rewarding experience.
stressful and undestimated
Medical Practice Billing (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 1, 2017
Too many unnecessary regulations, while the main focus is productivity vs Ethics
Employees ae not treated with equality, each manager have their own set of rules and there is not balance. some employees work more than others. More focus and following the rules set on paper than what makes the most sense.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Streesfull
great environment to excel
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 29, 2017
Great work it environment. I learned a lot in areas I wasn't strong in and all my go workers were knowledgeable and good to work with. Weekly inservice tests to make sure we have a clear understanding of different things.
Pros
always an opportunity to move up
Cons
when it's really busy your breaks are cut short.
a job
Registrar, Emergency Room Department, Admission (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYSeptember 27, 2017
I have my views on what I don't like, but at the end of the day it is a job, so I won't tell the things that happen to me at this hospital.. You have some good benefits as far as your health insurance, I think that Winthrop hospital has some great people working for them, I worked in the Emergency room and the staff is amazing, when it comes to the care of there patients
Worked there for many years. Great place to work
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I worked for Winthrop for many years. Excellent hospital with great patient care. Receptive to new ideas. I was a nurse manager for over 25 years on a surgical/stepdown units
fun place to work
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
It was fun to work here. The people were nice and friendly. Always met new people. People coming and going. From all over the place. the other workers helped with whatever they could if you needed it. Overall i loved working for them.
Great job
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYSeptember 3, 2017
I love my job at winthrop I love my coworkers and I love my management team very fair very approachable I look forward to going to work every day I love to help people and take care of people I learn so much about people every day I'm so thankful for the opportunity to work there
Best Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 27, 2017
CNA get about 7-8 patients, the nurses are helpful and eight hour shifts give enough work/life balance. The nurses would help me with my school work (nursing school) and they're very friendly.

At Winthrop you can take the monitor class and broaden your skill set or even go to the unit secertary position. Usually never understaffed and my manager was absolutely the best. Good to use for reference and the assistant managers were nice as well. 11/10
Pros
Breaks, Patient ratio
Cons
Cafteria prices

Want to know more about Winthrop-University Hospital?

Ask a question
Executive Assistant
, Executive Assistant to VP Development (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 23, 2017
Overall , I like my job because my colleagues. I think that upper management could be better. Management did not know how to delegate duties properly and were not clear on the their wants or needs at any given time
Pros
Organization/people
a great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 14, 2017
a great place to gain hospital experience and people skills. I was a volunteer working in the hoag floor, a great place to be to gain patient experience. I was also a secretary at the front desk, a great way to earn people skills.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Employee health departmentAugust 9, 2017
Works for a enthusiastic, knowledgeable and understanding Director. Co-workers are like a family make it easy to perform any task, even on a difficult day.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 7, 2017
Volunteering was an excllent experience for me. I worked with mostly the nutrition department. I would go to different sections of the hospital, and read patients their menus. Once I made my rounds, I logged in the menus, and made sure patients received their proper nutrition.
Not a good experience
Dietary Aide/ Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 7, 2017
The manager of Dietary needs to be reviewed thoroughly, the only manager throughout the whole hospital that has the most complaints in HR, and she is still there!
Pros
Decent food
Cons
A lot of broken promises for changes
Miscommunication and unprofessional
Medical Secretary I (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 19, 2017
The Internal Medicine practice I work at is a "nice work environment." There are several unprofessional and lack of communication issues. The management does not follow-through on the requests the employees give. It is not an environment for a young, drive, ambitious, smart individual to be in.
Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 16, 2017
Great experience working there on the cardiothoracic unit. Good working and learning environment. Worked with a great team and was able to learn a lot.
Excellant place to work.
Faculty Practive Manager, Div of Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 15, 2017
Winthrop University Hospital is an employer who encourages advancement of their employees by offering many training classes to help them achieve their goals.
Great Employer!
Emergency Room Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJuly 11, 2017
Excellent Employer!! I am very grateful to have my job here at this time as I continue to learn new things through experiences every shift. I would recommend others to work here.
It's ok
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  GardenJuly 11, 2017
I've been here for 12 years and the benefits are what's keeping me here. There is no overtime in my office and if you're over your time you are forced to leave early.
Cons
No overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winthrop-University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2