Winthrop University Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 27, 2017
Winthrop University is a fun place to work. I answer routine calls for service as well as train new officers. Management is overall good but like to micromanage. That's the hardest thing to deal with. I've learned that the college setting is more laid back than actually patrolling an entire town. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the student body and other faculty members.
Pros
Interaction
Cons
Not compensated well
Consistant work, poor pay
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 23, 2017
The job itself isn't too tough. Usually enough to keep you busy during the peak months. Winter gets slow. Pay is the biggest issue. Similar position at other companies/organizations start out with higher pay.
summary
Desk Host (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 21, 2017
Great student job to develop professional skills in management and customer service. Management willing to work with you on hours as you are a student first.
Pros
see review
Cons
see review
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed it. Good people. Nice location. There has been turnover since I worked there but I've heard that things are going well. Good opportunity for a young person.
Productive, family oriented and flexible
ASSISSTANT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Target was full of joy and there was always something new. While working this job I polished up on my people skills as well as patience, I really enjoyed my co-workers and managers they made me feel like family. If I had to chose something that was hard about this job it would be confronting customers about theft, I had to be mentally prepaired for the outcome of the situation. I enjoyed everything about working at Target, I was sad to leave.
Pros
comfortable work enviornment
Cons
I wasn't able to work additional shifts for my coworkers if they needed me to
Great University
Member of Alpha Kappa Psi (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 21, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time there as an undergrad. I met a lot of great people and friends. The workload was hard and I was the happiest when I walked across the big stage.
Productive and Educational
Lab Technician & Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 7, 2016
I worked under my research mentor who was always willing to help and increase our knowledge in lab. Usable data is always the most difficult thing to gain in a lab environment and there are many setbacks. However, the environment was very positive and I learned many different scientific skills needed to work in a cell/molecular biology lab.
Great
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 18, 2016
Winthrop University is a great place to work depending on where it is. This university takes the time to prepare you for real life work experiences. Winthrop is AWESOME!
Friendly atmosphere
Arts & Culture Editor (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 6, 2016
Working as an arts & culture editor for The Johnsonian, Winthrop's weekly newspaper, was one of the best journalistic experiences I've had. I learned a lot about working in the newspaper business and established relationships with fellow student writers.
Good experience for future career
Copy Editor for The Johnsonian (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 9, 2016
I had to read and edit about 10-12 newspaper articles that my co-workers posted on shared Google documents each week. The newspaper came out every week, and we had one meeting on Sundays each week. The editor-in-chief ran the newspaper really well, and it actually won awards this past year. A lot of my co-workers didn't show up at the weekly meetings on Sundays, and a lot of the articles were put together so quickly that they weren't very written. I had plenty to edit and became more detail-oriented and well-versed in AP style. I enjoy editing, though, so it was pretty fun. A lot of my time was spent in my room on my computer, not talking to people as much as I would like to when I work.
Pros
Free snacks on Sunday meeting nights
busy fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 7, 2016
working at Winthrop was very fun and exciting, a lot of events are held throughout the year this shaped my organization skills very well
Good on-campus job
Information Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 25, 2016
I love working at Winthrop in the student center be it is close to my apartment, so I can walk to work. I also love interacting with students, faculty and staff, and parents/visitors.

I learn to keep track of the items that I check out and I am responsible for contacting people and/or addressing the problem if an item is broken, lost, or missing.

As an info services specialist, I am also responsible for keeping track of the daily revenue that we make from pool, movies, faxes, copies, and lamination.
Pros
Close to my place of residence, flexible hours, get to interact with people
Great workplace
Office Host (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 8, 2016
My job as a a desk host is enjoyable because it is set up through my university. My boss and the hours are great. The work is manageable and I am able to get homework done when it is slow.
Productive and fun workplace
Social & Behavioral Research Lab Caller (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Winthrop provided a fast-pace job that really helped my customer service skills. Management was super helpful and friendly and hours were flexible.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Working at WUH
ED Tech/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYOctober 27, 2015
WUH was a great hospital to work at. ts a great learning hospital or a long time career. You have to have a heart working in the medical field and enjoy taking care of sick patient and Winthrop was great at it
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough room in the ER
Fun Working with camps
Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 18, 2015
Awesome camps with great kids who love sports and want to learn from the best. great atmosphere. Great school. Great campus.
On- campus jobs
ACC Lab Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of an on- campus job is creating your own schedule. As an ACC Lab Operator, one is self- employed. There is no one there criticizing the moves you make. The hardest part is not knowing where to turn to find an answer a guest may ask.
College
Student (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 21, 2015
-4 year Social Work Bachelor's program
-typical day is going to two 3 hour classes and then studying the rest of the day.
-hardest part was time management
Winthrop
Graduate-Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 16, 2015
Student Athlete here for 4 years and then international ambassador and graduate assistant while acquiring my masters. I had an amazing experience. studying working and playing soccer, making history for the university soccer team.
Fast paced and great team work!
Set-Up Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 7, 2015
Set Up and Facilities Management is a great opportunity for team work and positive interactions. The day is typically fast paced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winthrop University. Our community is ready to answer.

Winthrop University Reviews by Location