Winthrop University

Winthrop University Employee Reviews

An amazing Internship opportunity that ended unremarkably
Web Development Intern (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMay 31, 2015
Internship was a great way to hone skills, and the environment and job culture were nurturing and engaging.

Coworkers were talented and cohesively worked on projects effectively.

Management invested minimally in continuing work with interns.
great staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Mineola, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: Management
The unit is a great work place but management is not as compitant as they should be .my learning experience was great the nurses are more than willing to help and educate.the staff at the Mineola branch aare the best .
Fun work place refing intraumral games
Intramural Official (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 1, 2015
I referee intramural games of students at night time. I work only during the school season, and the director is great. It is really enjoyable because I am really interested in sports.
Great benefits
Technical Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: tuition benefits, insurance, retirement
Although my position was through a temporary grant and I actually did my daily work with another state agency, Winthrop University offered a great benefits package that included up to 6 credit hours of free tuition per semester (after one year of employment).
Good place to learn skills
Payroll Data Coordinator (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Learning environment
Cons: State position
Opportunities exist to learn more skills and increase knowledge. Common and frequent interaction with others across departments. Campus is beautiful.
Winthrop University is a good place to work at special with a lots of avitivity take place on campus.
Custodian (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free picnic, parties, cook-out, family-day etc.
Cons: president day's election coming up
A Good day work is when there is not to much to do so you can be at your own pace . I learned at lots a work because you enteract with young people who have a lot of fact to learned about the real world and i can give them some real fact to what to expect and the unexpect. My co-worker is no the problem we get alone fine and commcation with one another and solve the problem if and but more of the time the day ruin very smoother daily.The hardest part of the job is when the student are taking their finals exams and we have lots and lots of trashs everywhere.The enjoyable time on the job is when it done and i have done my best and no complain that the enjoyable parts.
A typical day
Editor/Curator of Art for The Anthology (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 11, 2015
Included me engaging with customers and finding answers to their questions. Providing excellent customer serivice and keeping busy during down times that improved the quality of service I could provide.
Great faculty and wonderful atmosphere
Graduate Assistant for the Dean's Office (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCFebruary 22, 2015
A great set of faculty, very good with work/life balance, co-workers are very helpful and friendly, the most enjoyable part of the job probably being in a setting where I can learn everyday.
Productive and high performance work and academic place.
Graduate Associate (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: access to newest technology in academic endeavors
Cons: healthcare absentee.
A typical day at work started by running students academic performance ports to the dean of faculty. Assisting faculty in creation of rubrics and lesson plans. Data of students grades and overall performance. Instruction and training of Livetex program to students.
Management and co-workers were helpful and collaborative. Worked as a team member to reach department of education goals.
Overall the job presented a pleasant and enjoyable profile, where goals were met on timely fashion and accuracy.
Fun workplace
Athletics Operations Internship (Current Employee), Rock hill, SCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: internship
Very nice people, work with your schedule speciality if you are in college taking classes.
Productive and Learning environment
Assistant Director for Residential Services (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free tuition, health insurance, eye insurance, dental
Cons: low salary
Winthrop, being a place for higher education doesn't just stop with students. As a professional staff member I was able to take classes at Winthrop as well as professional development events.
College Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMay 18, 2014
Typical minimum wage job on campus. Spare time to do homework and study.
Great school
Winthrop University Dietetic Internship (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 30, 2014
Enjoyed the internship, learned a lot, great support. Vast amount of experience.
Great place to work for
Research Assistant, Dr. Christian Grattan (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 1, 2014
I have enjoyed doing research and am grateful for the opportunity to work at Winthrop.
It was a great place to work
Instructional Technology Center Associate (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: loved it. could do homework
Cons: n/a
It was a great place to work. Completely understanding. I would recommend anyone to go there to work. I loved it. I have worked there for two years.
Fast-Paced, Customer Service
Sporting Events Volunteer (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 27, 2013
Great time assisting with my alma maters sporting events. I would work the ticket booth or provide customer service as in guest relations.
Great experience
Behavioral Research Specialist (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: making a difference
Cons: limited hours
This was something that I had a natural calling for, helping others.
Peaceful and tranquil workplace at Winthrop's Social and Behavorial Research Lab
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: trust between supervisor and staff, tranquil environment, predictable work routine
Cons: monotony
I earned minimum wage and no benefits, but that is to be expected for a temporary work-study job. For similar reasons, I do not have much to say for job security or opportunities for advancement. So, I have no complaints.

I performed the exact same function for each shift. I showed up at the appointed time, sat at my desk, plugged in my headphones and microphone, made the phone calls (phone numbers were randomly generated by the computer), asked the interview questions, recorded the answers, and then repeated the process. At the end of each shift I cleaned and sterilized the keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc., and left. Then, I logged my hours onto their website.

During my time at this job, I learned how to persuade reluctant interviewees to take the interview.

I gave the management an above average rating because I remember two times when he could tell that the staff was getting bored with the monotony of the work, so he gave us all a spontaneous 10-minute break and took us outside to play games (Frisbee, Simon says, etc.) This manager knew very well how to balance work and play in a professional environment.

Most of my co-workers seemed friendly and sociable, but this position did not allow for significant interaction with them.

The hardest part of the job was the monotony of doing the exact same thing for 4 hours at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the peaceful, tranquil environment, the predictability of the work routine (an upside of monotony), and the mutual trust between supervisor and staff (we were allowed to take water and bathroom breaks at our leisure, provided we were not using them as an opportunity to goof off, and this trust was never violated).
A great place to get work experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 12, 2013
I really enjoy working at Winthrop University. Working at the computer and helping students really was the delight of my days.
Allows creative thought
Instructor of Chemistry and Physics (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 7, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of permanent positions
Improvements and necessary changes easily implemented
great group of folks to work with

Winthrop University Salaries