Winthrop University Employee Reviews

Beginner position
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 21, 2017
Good start for production in the sports field. Camera, bug op, replay; great understanding for the basics of the field. Management ok to work with. Pay could be better
great place to work
Administrative Coordinator - Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 11, 2017
Great opportunity to work with faculty, staff and make a difference in the lives of students that will shape their careers and lives in their future..
Good school
Full-Time M.B.A. Student (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Winthrop is a good school to attend. Most of the professors are good and the school offers lots of amenities. The down side is the lack of parking for commuters. Beware of where you park. The tickets can add up quickly.
Flexible, Cohesive and Fun
Assistant Professor of Exercise Science (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 1, 2017
Winthrop University is an excellent institution. My department is very supportive of my endeavors. If you want a student-focused university then this is the place of for you.
Wonderful experience in my field
Darkroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 30, 2017
I was a darkroom lab monitor which was great, I got to maintain the photo chemicals, keep the darkroom clean and organized and helped other students with developing film and printing using the enlarger.

It was a nice experience in my field. Communication with the professor was stellar since he was there most of the time anyway.
Pros
In my field, set own hours
Cons
Sometimes slow
Encouraging environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 28, 2017
The working environment is very conducive to current students. They encourage growth and development. The other graduate assistants are very supportive of each other as well.
Wonderful
English Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SC 29733July 28, 2017
I loved working at Winthrop! The faculty is amazing! I enjoyed working with the students and teaching them to think critically and synthesize various sources of information. We worked with research and critical thinking skills.
Pros
Faculty and students
Cons
Great place for student interns
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 20, 2017
Loved working here while I attended Winthrop. They worked with my school schedule, and at slow times I was able to so homework. I gained a lot of experience working directly as a student intern in the President's Office. They taught me good customer service skills, how to manage active calendars , and appointments for those working in the office.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay
Great environment to work, employees are very friendly and helpful
Internship (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 29, 2017
I started an internship here and it has been an excellent experience. I have learned a lot about the health care industry and the ins and out of working in an office environment.
Relaxed College
Adjunct teaching Advanced Video (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 2, 2017
One of those do your work no drama places. Worked doing graphic design and social media promotion. Was in an office at a computer. Easy job with no interruptions or in office politics.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
low pay
Wonderful University to attends and work for
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 21, 2017
Wonderful University to attends and work for. As an RA I was able to utilize all student facilities and some faculty. Additionally was about to enjoy my time as an undergrad while taking on the responsibilities of being an RA without feeling under appreciated and overwhelmed.
Positive environment
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 27, 2017
*constant public interface
*learned teamwork skills
*management skill was encouraging
*Hardest part of job is consistently on your feet and physically engaging
*public interactions and responses kept me engaged and interested
As far as graduate work goes, it's great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 11, 2017
Very flexible and supportive staff in the social work department! Great job for a graduate student. Pay isn't what I'm used considering I worked full time before school started, but it's not bad considering other positions.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not the best pay, but it is not bad!
Fun work place
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 27, 2017
Winthrop University is a fun place to work. I answer routine calls for service as well as train new officers. Management is overall good but like to micromanage. That's the hardest thing to deal with. I've learned that the college setting is more laid back than actually patrolling an entire town. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the student body and other faculty members.
Pros
Interaction
Cons
Not compensated well
Consistant work, poor pay
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 23, 2017
The job itself isn't too tough. Usually enough to keep you busy during the peak months. Winter gets slow. Pay is the biggest issue. Similar position at other companies/organizations start out with higher pay.
summary
Desk Host (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 21, 2017
Great student job to develop professional skills in management and customer service. Management willing to work with you on hours as you are a student first.
Pros
see review
Cons
see review
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed it. Good people. Nice location. There has been turnover since I worked there but I've heard that things are going well. Good opportunity for a young person.
Productive, family oriented and flexible
ASSISSTANT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Target was full of joy and there was always something new. While working this job I polished up on my people skills as well as patience, I really enjoyed my co-workers and managers they made me feel like family. If I had to chose something that was hard about this job it would be confronting customers about theft, I had to be mentally prepaired for the outcome of the situation. I enjoyed everything about working at Target, I was sad to leave.
Pros
comfortable work enviornment
Cons
I wasn't able to work additional shifts for my coworkers if they needed me to
Great University
Member of Alpha Kappa Psi (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 21, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time there as an undergrad. I met a lot of great people and friends. The workload was hard and I was the happiest when I walked across the big stage.
Productive and Educational
Lab Technician & Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 7, 2016
I worked under my research mentor who was always willing to help and increase our knowledge in lab. Usable data is always the most difficult thing to gain in a lab environment and there are many setbacks. However, the environment was very positive and I learned many different scientific skills needed to work in a cell/molecular biology lab.