Wipaire, Inc., a general aviation industry leader in diversified aviation services recognized for quality products, services and technological innovations, has an open position. Wipaire is a privately held company that has been in business for over 50 years. We provide a truly unique and rewarding work environment that values employees, along with their contributions to the success of the company. Our offices are located in South St. Paul at Fleming Field Airport.
Position: Director of Manufacturing
Responsible To: President/COO
Details: Full Time, Exempt
The Director of Manufacturing has overall responsibility for the performance of the department and achievement of operational and financial goals through the direction and utilization of all resources including: manpower, materials, plant, and equipment. This position is responsible for ensuring all manufacturing parts and products meet both quality standards and customer expectations for timely delivery.
1. Provides leadership to the entire Manufacturing department.
a. Inspires, motivates, and develops a trained and skilled workforce in order to achieve both operational and financial goals.
2. Ensures all production work maintains Wipaire’s defined standard of quality and that product and parts are then delivered on time.
3. Evaluates operational and financial results through Wipaire systems and other operational reports.
4. Maintains effective relationships with Manufacturing department managers and staff, along with other Wipaire managers and staff.
5. Responds to inquiries from the President/COO and other Wipaire managers regarding Manufacturing results, special requests, etc.
6. Ensures compliance with all FAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and county regulatory requirements pertaining to the manufacturing department.
1. Develops production plan in coordination with President, CFO and Sales Manager and executes approved plan.
2. Develops annual budget for manufacturing and evaluates manufacturing performance and expenses against budget on an ongoing basis.
3. Participates in corporate strategic planning and implements approved manufacturing plans to achieve strategic plan goals.
4. Leads, delegates and manages direct staff while overseeing all manufacturing employees through the management structure.
5. Performs miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as requested by management.
- 4-year degree in Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field required.
- Five years’ minimum experience in management required.
- Progressive work experience in a manufacturing environment required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices, processes and equipment operations to meet defined quality and quantity standards.
- Able to measure, evaluate and redesign work processes using technology to achieve organizational goals. Able to use appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Strong leadership and management skills; able to function well as part of the organization’s leadership team, communicating and interacting proactively and professionally to ensure the organization’s operational and strategic needs are being met.
- Able to supervise employees, set objectives and work goals and standards, give direction, delegate to, and motivate employees.
- Possess a valid Minnesota drivers’ license with good driving record, and proof of valid insurance. Must have reliable transportation to travel between different Wipaire facilities.
Wipaire offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package. Please e-mail resume or mail/fax resume to our office. No calls or walk-ins please.
Wipaire is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer