Wipaire, Inc., a general aviation industry leader in diversified aviation services recognized for quality products, services and technological innovations, has an open position. Wipaire is a privately held company that has been in business for over 50 years. We provide a truly unique and rewarding work environment that values employees, along with their contributions to the success of the company. Our offices are located in South St. Paul at Fleming Field Airport.
Position: Line Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Location: Fleming Field – Hangar 1
Responsible To: Customer Service Manager
Details: Full time, Hourly
The Line Service/Customer Service Representative provides customer service to Wipaire customers by safely moving and storing all aircraft on Company premises, and safely storing and securing customer belongings. This role also supports the entire company in the movement of product and other items as needed. This position will work Sunday-Thursday. Hours on Sunday are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; hours Monday - Thursday are 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
1. Provides customer service to local, customer, and/or transient pilots and aircraft by assisting customers in various ways.
2. Safely moves customer-owned and Company-owned aircraft between service departments and to storage hangars. Assists all departments in the movement of various items.
a. Works as a team with other department members in moving aircraft, product, and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- May operate tug-tractor or act as observer, guiding tug-tractor operator, as assigned.
- Maneuvers the tug-tractor and towed aircraft through crowded hangars with narrow passageways.
3. Aids in service to customers regarding aircraft acceptance and deliveries, inbound and outbound.
4. Assists Wipaire departments with various requests as needed.
Qualifications/knowledge, skills, abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid Class C or higher Driver’s License required.
- One or more years’ experience in moving aircraft preferred.
- Knowledge of tug-tractor controls for starting, stopping, and maneuvering the tug-tractor and towed aircraft in congested areas and through hangars strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of aircraft, types, basic mechanics, and appropriate storage spaces for them strongly preferred.
- Frequently stoop, bend, reach, and move arms and legs to operate tug-tractor controls.
- Lift customer belongings and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment is usually outdoors, with exposure to inclement weather when driving to and from aircraft. There is also exposure to dirt, dust, grease, fumes, and loud noise.
Wipaire offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
Please e-mail resume or mail/fax resume to our office. No calls or walk-ins please.
Wipaire is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer