Wipfli LLP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Wipfi Rice Lake
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIOctober 25, 2017
The Rice Lake office is a very small office, under 10 employees there total, and because of that I really enjoyed the job. You always had someone that you could ask with enough knowledge to help you or could tell you to go to the next office and get the answer you were looking for.
Wiplfi
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2017
At Wipfli my day started off by greeting Renee our receptionist. I had a daily task witch was to check the conference rooms, set up for meeting, cover the receptionist on her breaks also I worked with tax doing exel work and tax projects.
Pros
great co-workers
Large public accounting firm.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJuly 16, 2017
My personal preference - I am not comfortable within large organization. Long hours during tax season. Salary and benefits are not great compared to other companies.
Opportunity
Chicago North Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 15, 2017
Wipfli LLP has grown much to fast in the Chicago Market. They show to be a promising firm in the future but right now they still need to get through their growth years.
Productive and fun place to work.
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 5, 2017
Work life balance is great at this company. Employees are welcoming and glad to help each other and their clients. Management is great and care about you, with opportunities to advance in field.
Mostly decent with great home life balance.
Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 31, 2016
Pay well, good benefits, but job security may be an issue. Friendly people right up until the end. No direction. No real warning will be given if you are needing to improve. If warned, it's very possible that it's already too late.
Pros
Better than average compensation and home/work life balance.
Cons
Expectations without much direction.
Excellent place to work
Seasonal Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 14, 2014
Work with students to accommodate their schedule. Employee friendly. Require a lot from their employees, but benefits are positive. Always training and encouraging employees to continue education.
Good first time job in public accounting
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIAugust 27, 2013
Tasks would vary from day to day. Learned a lot about the auditing process in general, especially in the governmental sector. Management seemed okay, at the time I was with the company they were really pushing for expansion, and you could see they were excited about it. Hardest part of the job was traveling and of course tax season. Best part was working with some amazing clients.
Good Company
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIMarch 29, 2013
Good company with a mix of big firm/small offices. You have access to all the research tools you need along with support and guidance provided by a big firm with the ability to customize audits based on clients.
Wipfli cares about it's clients and customer service is top priority
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILJune 22, 2012
A day in never typical. It is always changing, which I love.

We have gone through a merger and it was kinda a rocky experience. Most of the staff felt that some issues should have been addressed and looked at before proceeding with the merger.

The management is for the most part is good. However there is very little room for advancement and some people hold positions that they are not qualified for. Their lack of schooling is very unprofessional and shows.

The hardest part of this job is tax season. Where we work almost 4 months non-stop 12-14, hours or more a day. You have no home life during this time. The pay checks are great (we are allowed to work as much overtime as we can handle) I work in the office that handles 3-4 thousand tax returns a year. We handle the most tax work than any other office (22 offices plus 2 in India).

We have a fun group to work with and we help each other as much as possible. I enjoy the customer contact the most. We have a vast range of cliental from very elderly to high school adults. This place is always moving at a fast pace.
Pros
free baseball games, parties for the summer, annual golf outings, christmas parties, community service days

Want to know more about Wipfli LLP?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wipfli LLP. Our community is ready to answer.