Wipfli LLP

Wipfli LLP Employer Reviews

Good first time job in public accounting
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Rhinelander, WIAugust 27, 2013
Tasks would vary from day to day. Learned a lot about the auditing process in general, especially in the governmental sector. Management seemed okay, at the time I was with the company they were really pushing for expansion, and you could see they were excited about it. Hardest part of the job was traveling and of course tax season. Best part was working – more... with some amazing clients. – less
Good Company
Senior Auditor (Current Employee), Rhinelander, WIMarch 29, 2013
Good company with a mix of big firm/small offices. You have access to all the research tools you need along with support and guidance provided by a big firm with the ability to customize audits based on clients.
Wipfli cares about it's clients and customer service is top priority
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dixon, ILJune 22, 2012
Pros: free baseball games, parties for the summer, annual golf outings, christmas parties, community service days
A day in never typical. It is always changing, which I love.

We have gone through a merger and it was kinda a rocky experience. Most of the staff felt that some issues should have been addressed and looked at before proceeding with the merger.

The management is for the most part is good. However there is very little room for advancement and some people – more... hold positions that they are not qualified for. Their lack of schooling is very unprofessional and shows.

The hardest part of this job is tax season. Where we work almost 4 months non-stop 12-14, hours or more a day. You have no home life during this time. The pay checks are great (we are allowed to work as much overtime as we can handle) I work in the office that handles 3-4 thousand tax returns a year. We handle the most tax work than any other office (22 offices plus 2 in India).

We have a fun group to work with and we help each other as much as possible. I enjoy the customer contact the most. We have a vast range of cliental from very elderly to high school adults. This place is always moving at a fast pace. – less