Wipro Employee Reviews in United States

Best Oppurtunities to explore but no compensation or benefit provided
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Best place to explore opportunities but the compensation and benefits are very low. The employee is not respected with his contribution and proficiency. The top management is not supportive and has a political grounds.
Pros
Good Oppurtunity to Explore
Cons
Low Compensation and Respect
Superb company to work for
Sr QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2015
Wipro is one of the best company to work for in India as well as getting visa and travelling to any foreign countries.
Wipro has really good working environments and a very good place to develop skills.
Cross skilling is a culture and to people keen to learn new are given good opportunities.
Pros
good management, onsite opportunities
Cons
compensation for new joinees
Technical growth, lots of good leaders
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 4, 2016
good leaders, fun technologies, hard working co -workers, new technologies, good business ethics,Technical growth, lots of good leaders
Pros
good work environment
Cons
salary
o Working as Technical Architect/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
If one is aware of all company policies, It's a nice place to work.
One can get varity options to build up his carrier in wipro
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Compensation
Wipro Review
ITIL Consultant - Global Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 13, 2016
Very good organization with presence across the world with major clients. Best to work in pressure and learn new technologies
Pros
Technical Knowledge
Cons
Salary
Module Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Transparent policies
Very good people friendly managers
Great work life balance
Lot of exposure and learn assured
More opportunities to handle responsibilites
Benefits
Wipro - Average work environment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Management not open to discuss growth opportunities. just keeps focus on current goals no long term plan are discussed.
Cons
Low Compensation
no job security
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2015
The company name Wipro you think of company that is structure and well balance (maybe in India). In Atlanta, the executive leadership team is not leading. The compensation is undesirable, I don't think that they cater too much to their employees, which in my opinion should be done. They are focus more so on number and not about growing and developing their employees. On a daily basis, I manage my team of at least 25 agents by coaching and performing side by sides in order to develop them into better customer service representatives.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good company to work
Senior BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 22, 2015
good work life balance
nice compensation
great benefits
nice development projects
very process oriented
no micro management
Pros
good clients, many projects
Cons
strict on reimbursements
busy
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
answered calls quoted codes and benefits to provides process paper and electronic claims. medicare billing and EOB files. kept data sheets and spreadsheets of all files and callers
Your experince with the company depends on your team
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 23, 2015
Wipro is a huge organization, so not all teams have the same work culture. Your experience with the company will greatly depend on the team you are working with. If you interview with the company please make sure that you have met/interviewed with the direct team you will be working with and are happy with that. I have met people who had a horrible experience; and people who've had great experience with the company purely based on what team they were part of. Also, please negotiate your pay upfront before joining, since there will be very minimal salary progression once you join.
Very disorganized management.
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wipro TechnologiesAugust 20, 2015
If you are not Indian you will have a very hard time working for this company. As soon as there is lack of work assignments they will let you go, this happens at a very high rate. They do not pay you to sit on the bench. They promise to pay for expenses but then try to get you not submit travel expenses. They are also are slow to reimburse your expenses. They a are typical IT services company that push work offshore to India. Companies need to realize you get what you pay for,you want cheap IT support thats exactly what you will get with these type of companies.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, Poor benefits package.
excellent culture
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianola, TXNovember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management .lot of opportunities for growth and development. decent ammount of politics but this is expected out of big company
Pros
lot of opportunities for growth and development
Cons
low salary
A Six Sigma Company, Opportunities to learn new technologies
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJApril 4, 2016
I have been working at Wipro (More than 8 years). Employee oriented and good work environment. I have gained very good work culture as well as experience. Exam pattern for ratings, long working hours
Pros
It's a good company to start your career, lot of projects are there with different technologies, always try to propose best solution to the customers
Cons
The growth is slow
Large diverse client base. Known for application development, support and outsourcing.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 18, 2016
Provided administrative business support to SVP/ VP, and other members of the management team.

Reliable professional who is able to work well independently and as a solid team player

Maintained heavy calendar, planned, scheduled meetings, teleconferences, and telepresence.

Arranged heavy international and domestic travels.

Streamlined, processed, and reconciled expense reports for reimbursement.

Professional development course coordinator.

Event Planner - CEO quarterly review, office, offsite team meets, and conferences.
Pros
Customer Satisfaction is always first and foremost!
Cons
Work life balance
Safe Workplace with lots of learning opportunities
PMO Lead (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 14, 2015
Wipro is a safe workplace with lots of learning opportunities.

I started my career with Wipro and have grown through the Ranks.

A typical day in Wipro starts at 8:00 in the morning till you go off to sleep.

I handled various roles during my tenure with Wipro. During the past years, I have played various hats. Sky is the limit with Wipro as far as learning opportunities are concerned.

Wipro is a people friendly organisation, we all work as a big happy family.

Hardest part of the job is there is no work life balance being a part of Wipro and the compensation is not as per the market standard which sometimes makes life difficult.

Enjoyable part of the job is you have freedom to do things your way. Till the time, the work is done, management is happy.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
No Work Life Balance and Less Compensation
Good Co-workers
Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  deerpark IllinoisSeptember 27, 2015
You get good co-workers to work and always be supportive.
Most of my learning at the company was by doing work and interacting with my co-workers
Pros
Job security, Strong Internal database to refresh your technical skills
Cons
Compensation, No scope/sponsor for external certified course, less opportunities
Fun place to work at and very nice people and environment.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2016
My role incorporates all aspects of facilities management as well as managing the administration team. The day would usually start with organizing work such as arranging rotas and cover for switchboard and reception, reviewing reports and checking the tasks that were completed the previous day. The big part of my day would also be spent liaising with the suppliers and service providers, this would involve different aspects such as problem solving, sourcing new suppliers or negotiating the prices. I regularly attend internal and external meetings, so my day is always varied and sometimes presents me with a few surprises!
Pros
Free lunch (every so often), laidback environment, nice people and great cafe food.
Cons
Healthcare, traffic, parking, restrooms and cummute.
Wipro is a progressive organization with an aggressive management
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  USAMay 19, 2015
My typical day begins at 7 AM and goes on to 10 PM. I manage and engage with teams across multiple geographies. In my tenure with Wipro, I have honed my leadership skills and changed my management style. I am now able to delegate more effectively as well as manage work across various roles and skills. I work within a unique entity in Wipro which caters to a niche market and business segment. My co-workers keep providing me with challenging requests and the opportunities are abundant. The toughest part of my job as a product manager is to bring people into consensus on agreeing to a common business idea. Over time, I have enjoyed the freedom to explore opportunities within a growing organization and have grown from being an individual contributor to managing a team of 50+ SMEs across multiple countries.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, growth and a world of opportunities
Cons
Poor compensation, work life balance is missing
excellent
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 11, 2016
• IBM DB2 Database Administrator on Z/OS with overall 9.5 years of experience.
• Worked in Onshore and offshore environments with creative, flexible and efficient work habits. Enjoys teamwork and able to work independently.
• Have executed end-to-end project delivery for securities, Retail and finance & banking Customers.
• Experienced as Application & Production Support DBA.
• Hands on experience in Data Integration, Performance Tuning and troubleshooting problems. Exposure to Complete Software Development and Maintenance Life Cycle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wipro. Our community is ready to answer.