Wipro
3,359 reviews

Wipro Employee Reviews

Tend to view employees as disposable.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 28, 2015
This company tends to oversell themselves. I was a contractor for a company that they took over the IT services for and was laid off after the transition. I was brought back by the original company less than a month later to help fix several issues that they created.

I took a job with this company solely to continue working for the original company.
You will see yourself progressing well as long as your deliverables are good
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Wipro Benefits Plan
Cons: Salary Hikes
1. Good work culture
2. Ease of progress if the deliverables are good
3. Learning new things are relatively easy
4. Collaboration within the teams are good
5. Management is good. Of course it varies from Team to Team, with person to person
6. Not good pay packet though. Salary hikes are very less
Wipro is a progressive organization with an aggressive management
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), USAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities, growth and a world of opportunities
Cons: Poor compensation, work life balance is missing
My typical day begins at 7 AM and goes on to 10 PM. I manage and engage with teams across multiple geographies. In my tenure with Wipro, I have honed my leadership skills and changed my management style. I am now able to delegate more effectively as well as manage work across various roles and skills. I work within a unique entity in Wipro which caters to a niche market and business segment. My co-workers keep providing me with challenging requests and the opportunities are abundant. The toughest part of my job as a product manager is to bring people into consensus on agreeing to a common business idea. Over time, I have enjoyed the freedom to explore opportunities within a growing organization and have grown from being an individual contributor to managing a team of 50+ SMEs across multiple countries.
Worklife
Teradata Lead (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 17, 2015
The job is very challenging interms of requirements gathering and complex access method involved. Very good environment to learn new technologies and process.
Challenging Environment & Changing Requirements
Lead (Technical Consultant) (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJMay 17, 2015
Pros: Freedom to learn
Cons: Compensation & Commitments
Provide Consulting, Operational and Tactical directions to medium and large businesses to minimize the potential risk to meet the business objectives by synergizing my multi-skill set of business acumen, technological expertise, leadership qualities and research-based thinking.
Safe Workplace with lots of learning opportunities
PMO Lead (Current Employee), New JerseyMay 14, 2015
Pros: Learning Opportunities
Cons: No Work Life Balance and Less Compensation
Wipro is a safe workplace with lots of learning opportunities.

I started my career with Wipro and have grown through the Ranks.

A typical day in Wipro starts at 8:00 in the morning till you go off to sleep.

I handled various roles during my tenure with Wipro. During the past years, I have played various hats. Sky is the limit with Wipro as far as learning opportunities are concerned.

Wipro is a people friendly organisation, we all work as a big happy family.

Hardest part of the job is there is no work life balance being a part of Wipro and the compensation is not as per the market standard which sometimes makes life difficult.

Enjoyable part of the job is you have freedom to do things your way. Till the time, the work is done, management is happy.
Productive work pklace
Technical Service Analy/IT Projects Leadership (Current Employee), Des Moines, IA USAMay 12, 2015
Cons: One hour break is great
It is great to work for company like Wipro. I got a lot of experiance and training, so I earned knowledge. I'm working projects, this apportunity can't anyone get it. So I'm very glad.
Nice place to work
Tech Lead (Current Employee), ST LOUISMay 12, 2015
Nice place to work with good culture. Where i have involved in different project with major client . Worked for fortune 500 companies . Majorly i have good knowledge in financial domain and other domain knowledge.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2015
Handle inbound and outbound calls according to defined quality, standards, policies and procedures. Deliver excellent customer service and ensure customer satisfaction in all calls. Ensure accurate documentation of each call Attend to customer queries, concerns and complaints and provide first time call resolution. Escalate calls to proper parties following proper protocols also includes customer information confidential and secured. Assist other representative with purchasing, troubleshooting the client concerns
Good for Freshers
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: Good place to start with
Cons: You will realize that you have to move on...
There is lot to learn here, if you are lucky you will be under a good management else you have to fight it out, eventually you will become strong.
Technical consultant for Reconciliation on IntelliMatch tool. Good with SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL programming
Technical consultant in Wipto (Current Employee), New York, New YorkMay 9, 2015
- Development of new Nostro and Depot Reconciliation
- Infrastructure and environment set up
- SQL programming, Writing complex Stored procedures for reporting and enrichment of data.
- Creating triggers and functions in SQL.
- Designing Report in Business Objects tool for the end users to view daily breaks, Matched and proof report.
- Fixing production issues and provide post go live support
- posses good Control-M knowledge for batch design and automation.
- VB script writing for file preprocessing.
- Hands on experience on ETL tool Informatica.
A good Place for Beginers
Lead - Design and Development (Current Employee), 55401May 9, 2015
A good place for beginners to learn and groom. Great and Friendly Atmosphere.
Awesome possibilities for initial growth and recogonization
Productive and Fun work place
Tech Lead (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 7, 2015
Installation and configuration of 3rd party technological components like Integration Server, Broker Server, Optimizer across various environments including production.
Managed code migration across environments
Configured Partner Profiles, Processing rules, Document types and SSL certificate configuration in B2B and DMZ environment.
Typical india heritage firm
Confidential (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 5, 2015
Nice folks
Focus on customers and really attempt to serve them with integrity, no matter what the situation is. Not perfect, but do try to rectify any errors.
Not a great place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Compensation, management, politics
There is nothing much to say. Typical service based and salaries are based on service to managers. Work life balance is good if you are in onsite. There are good opportunities and projects if you are lucky you will get into one but most of the times it will be other way around. Fun part is no body is happy but still wont leave.
One of the worst
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Nothing good.
Cons: One of the worst company ever
One of the worst company, Management is pathetic, work culture is of lowest standards. HR do not have much powers so managers literally harras employees. Only few good managers are left, most of them are partial.
better prospects
EMC-Avamar Specialist (Current Employee), Painted Post, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good working here, work evnviornment and culture is nice. Lot of process oriented work environment which helps us to make our profile complete as per current market standards
Interesting large company environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Addison, TXApril 29, 2015
A typical day was the identification and resolution of issues, involving improvement of processes for a smoother performance. I learned about infrastructure. Management was supportive. Co-workers bonded well and worked as a team, The hardest part was finding resolutions to complex problems. The enjoyable part was finding resolutions to complex problems
Going through reorganization
ENU Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
Lack of leadership, they are going through a reorganization that will hopefully straighten everything out. There are a lot of good people working in the Houston office and I hope to see them succeed.
Good Work Culture
Techonology Lead (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 27, 2015
Good Work Culture,
Job Security/Advancement,
Good Management,
Need to Compensation and Benifits

1 2 3 4 5

About Wipro

Wipro Ltd (NYSE:WIT) is a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company with 156,866 employees serving clients – Read more

Wipro Salaries