WireCo WorldGroup Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Strander Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 15, 2017
WireCo and all its employees step up and help all new hires learn there and jobs to the best of there ability.
It is a 12 hr swing shift, and all new hires must start off on night shift.
Pros
great team mates
Cons
12 hrs night shift to work there.
worldwide comoany
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSMarch 26, 2017
Being a world wide company, you deal with foreign currencies which adds an interesting layer to the job.

The culture is varied with people from all over.
High call volume quoting to distributors and provide documentation and test results
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, tXJanuary 17, 2017
Manufacturer selling to distributors that will ultimately provide as is to end user or modify into other rigging items and sold to end user. High call volume so days tend to move along quickly.
Pros
Central Location
Cons
Sometimes difficult to address concerns due to availability of corporate leadership
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSJanuary 14, 2016
Management was extremely disconnected from their employees, and never gave any direction. Many employees have quit due to the lack of leadership.
Not fun
Closer/strander overnights (Former Employee) –  Sedalia missouriSeptember 23, 2015
To many chiefs and not enough Indians. If you did something wrong everyone turns on you. If you are smart don't work for wireco world group.
Stressful and Overly Micromanged
DOMESTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2015
The co-workers were awesome the bosses were micro-mangers. They keep changing CEO's. It is a good salary and you talk to wonderful people on a daily basis. You are co-trained but not enough to actually do the other job. The hardest part was to keep up with the changes ad work put on you.
Educational and interesting place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 29, 2015
It is interesting to watch the machines make wire rope and to know about all the different applications it is used in.

Wire rope is used to stop the navy planes on ships. It is used for the San Francisco cable cars, mining for gas and oil, bridges etc...

It can be hot or cold sometimes but the end product is great when you see it going out on the trucks to customers.
Pros
Good benefits, pay is good.
Cons
can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter
Not fun
FIRST CLASS MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 26, 2015
There has been changes over the years,the company is going the wrong direction.

Poor cummunication
To many changes in management
Co workers ok
We could use better mahines
I do like to work
Currently employed
Domestic Customer Care Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2015
It is a very fast past and can be extremely stressful. I work in Customer Care and we have a lot of pressure to get detailed and sometimes difficult quotes out very quickly. It is hard to learn the job because of the difficulty of business and the nature of wire rope. It takes about a year to feel comfortable to perform your job effectively.
WireCo WorldGroup gave me opportunities to grow in my career and to see the world!
Senior Business Analyst (International) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 25, 2014
The people were the best part of working at WireCo. I enjoyed both learning from and sharing knowledge with everyone around me from Executive Management to those that I was directly and indirectly responsible for. The idea of providing World Class Service to our customers and making sure we had the information, support, and motivation for our staff to provide that was my goal 24/7. After 12 years of 60 hour work weeks and frequent travel, I had the opportunity to take a leap-of-faith and follow my dream to run my own company.
Pros
I was able to learn from an incredibly talented and knowledgable group of people!
Cons
The demands of work frequently overshadowed the needs of my health and family.
Rewarding Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MoNovember 9, 2014
Exposure to many high-level executives and global perspective of business. Hard working environment with rewarding, impactful projects.
Fast paced, results driven
MPS Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Great company with a results driven, past faced environment at a high level of visibility. Hardest part of the position is the constantly changing work load and the extended travel abroad.

Best part of my position is the team atmosphere and a very supportive direct report. My co-workers were always there to lend a helping hand when needed.

I learned extensive knowledge of Lean Six Sigma procedures, global responsibility, better time management and coping with high level initiatives.
Pros
Great team enviroment
Cons
Extended travel
Rewarding and challenging work environment that changes daily.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 14, 2014
I have gained many different skills working in Human Resource department. I have great co-workers and I have learned a lot from my fellow co-workers and plant employees.
Pros
I work with people and helping them with benefits, training or personal issues is very rewarding.
Loved Working Here
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOFebruary 12, 2014
I loved working at WireCo and I would go back here and work in a minute, but I had to finish my schooling.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Stress Level
High Paying Job in Sedalia
Machinist Operator/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 4, 2014
I would come in and inspect my fork truck and do bobbin count at the start of shift. I learned that this company has a lot to do with who you know and not how hard you work on the job. You don't receive raises for working hard. Everyone gets a raise possibly every year and it's not a very secure job. The company was talking about lay-offs before i left. The co-workers are nice to a point unless you don't do something their way and then they hold grudges against you. The hardest part about the job would have to be dealing with management. Managers there are based off of how long they've been there and not their work ethics. The most enjoyable part about my job would have to be the shifts.
Pros
Incentive Bonuses Every Month
Cons
Management routines, and co-workers and lead men
Bad
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOOctober 10, 2013
the guy who runs the place will do everything he can to exploit his people
Learned the different types of wires
Strander (Former Employee) –  RosenbergTxSeptember 18, 2013
Working at Wireco was a job that I enjoyed working at and learning new things every day.There at Wireco I was a strander.
The word Team was not always used
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOAugust 12, 2013
I liked this job, i came to work and left with a completed job at the end of the day. Co-workers were nice to work with.
the hardest part of the job was working with a person that their way was always the right way and did not expand their horizons to new or added suggestions.
Pros
Monday thru Friday job
Cons
unpredictable job force, based on the economy
A very challenging environment
Director, Global IT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2013
A typical day is busy designing solutions to the business challenges of a typical global manufacturer and distributor of highly engineered products.
Average Company
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 7, 2013
I was not particularly happy working here. Management was borderline unethical at times, and didn't always appear to have the employee's interests at heart. Hardest part of the job was all of the acquisitions they were doing and the accounting surrounding these. I did like my boss.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
unable to stay on top of everthing due to inadequate staffing level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WireCo WorldGroup. Our community is ready to answer.