Wiregrass Georgia Technical College Employee Reviews

Productive and educative
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 10, 2017
A typical day was always rewarding. Everyday was a learning experience. Management was supportive at times. The workplace culture was what you made of it. The hardest part of the job was the fear of not being able to reach an individual. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping an individual achieve his or her goals.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Pay
Faculty Member
Instructor of English, Business Education Division (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 17, 2017
Looking from the outside in at such a beautiful campus and website, I thought working at Wiregrass would be a wonderful experience and decision; boy was I wrong. Faculty work staff hours which are usually a minimum of 8 hrs daily, not including a mandatory 30min lunch and 10 hours Monday-Thursday during summer. Faculty must work 40hrs weekly with 8-11 classes weekly. The morale is low. Some faculty travel between campuses to teach as well as teach at high schools. The work ethnic for students is non existent because there are little standards especially for high schoolers. High schoolers are expected to pass no matter what. On a better note, the Irwin, Fitzgerald and Cook Campuses are lovely and offer better morale than. Valdosta however. Be careful making a decision to work at this college if you expect academic freedom and the sense of faculty scheduling. The turnover rate is also alarming which is another concern I should have considered.
Pros
Low cost services for faculty and staff, free parking, health benefits, nice classrooms.
Cons
Pay (not based on education), hours (must use personal leave for holidays), micro management, high school students.
With all the internship
Student (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 2, 2017
I learned alot about big and small hospitals. I felt the hardest part of the job was working at a big hospital and feeling rushed. I prefer the atmosphere of a small hospital where you can give one on one with each patient
Workplace
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 8, 2017
I had this job while I was taking classes there. I enjoyed working with the admissions department as we assistant current and potential students with the enrolling process.
Great Place to Work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 4, 2017
While I was employed here, it was a great opportunity for the college students. They worked with your school schedule and outside life. I loved my supervisor and co- workers that I got a chance to know!
Wiregrass
Student (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 28, 2016
I had a good college experience. As a student it is important ne on point and be up to speed with information. They provided every avenue for u to be on top of your classes as well as financial aide. They make very easy to register each semeter.
The best job I have ever had.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 3, 2015
Education is so important, and with a campus full of employees that go above and beyond the call of employment. I have enjoyed every area of this School. From the class room environment to the actual job positions, this was the best group of individuals that I have ever encountered. Caring, devoted, inspiring helpful group. Never left rushing to go home. Absolute positive experience.
Pros
Learning all around you
Cons
I wish more people wanted to learn a new trade.
productive and fun work place
Bookstore Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 12, 2015
On a typical day at work we have several customers come in and out the book store. We help them find books, school supplies, and other items. My manager and co-workers are amazing and are always willing to help out in any way they can. I think the thing i enjoy most about working here is the many faces I get to see and the many things I've learned and will continue learning.
Great Job
Bookstore Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 23, 2015
Customer service is a big thing learned how to work in a timely matter management was great coworkers was very intelligent
Lacking professionalism in the cosmetology department
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 1, 2015
The school as a whole is ok. There are a few deans who are under qualified for the position especially the professional services dean. the cosmetology department is a waste of time and state money. The coordinator is unprofessional and not qualified as well as most of the teachers they hire whose boyfriends, husbands, children and personal clients "hang out" in the department. Not to mention the instructors who are servicing their private clients on the school's dime. 5 out of 20 students actually go to state board and work in the field.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Waste of time
Change in leadership has created unstable work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 20, 2015
Due to recent restructuring, there has been a shift in focus from student success and rigor to streamlining instruction. What used to be an organization that encouraged professors to be creative and offer multimodal instruction has been changed to favor of standardization. There is little room for instructor discretion. There is a feeling that faculty is disposable and little emphasis is placed on effective teaching style and student achievement.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Telecommunication and Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GaOctober 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference. This is a very enjoyable place to work. Good friends.
fun work place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GASeptember 23, 2014
I loved working at this College. The people and the work was nice and would love to work in that kind of environment again.
Pros
The people were great
Cons
the pay could have been better
Great school to attend.
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJuly 17, 2014
Enjoyed working here as a work study student. Great co-workers, very understanding, and concerned about each other and the students that attended the school. I learned how to work in a very professional environment.
Pros
Convenient.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Very fun learning experience
Federal Work Study Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Sparks, GADecember 2, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Wiregrass; I answered telephones, greeted walk-in customers, directed students to the correct departments, assisted Economic Development, inventoried supplies, and filed and created documents. I enjoyed my co-workers because they treated me like any other employee instead of just a student employee. The hardest part of the job was being a full-time student and working at the school.
Pros
Work experience, great co-workers
Decent Employer
Student Success Coordinator/Testing Specialist BHI (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJuly 3, 2013
Decent employer. Job security lacking as is based on state budget which continues to be cut.
Fundraising and friendraising
Executive Director of Institutional Advancement (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 27, 2013
My day is spent networking with prospects for donations for the college, and also some accounting and detail work for the Foundation books
Excellent Workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 13, 2012
Wiregrass was a great place to work! There are many knowledgeable and kind co-workers, namely ALL OF THEM.
Opportunity to change lives
Director of Campus Life (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GANovember 27, 2012
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is a wonderful place for students young and old to receive education and hands on training that will improve their lives. The faculty and staff are amazing people and believe in the mission of the college.
A typical day for me is never "typical". Each day brings new challenges and allows me to work quickly and to make decisions to provide solutions to problems. I work directly with students in our various organizations/clubs. I enjoy the interaction with the students.
I also oversee a budget of approximately $500,000. I plan and organize all student activities...from large to small. I also organize and accompany students to various conferences and competitions. I enjoy the fast pace and diversity each day brings.
Pros
excellent co-workers