Wiregrass Georgia Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

The best job I have ever had.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 3, 2015
Education is so important, and with a campus full of employees that go above and beyond the call of employment. I have enjoyed every area of this School. From the class room environment to the actual job positions, this was the best group of individuals that I have ever encountered. Caring, devoted, inspiring helpful group. Never left rushing to go home. Absolute positive experience.
Pros
Learning all around you
Cons
I wish more people wanted to learn a new trade.
Lacking professionalism in the cosmetology department
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 1, 2015
The school as a whole is ok. There are a few deans who are under qualified for the position especially the professional services dean. the cosmetology department is a waste of time and state money. The coordinator is unprofessional and not qualified as well as most of the teachers they hire whose boyfriends, husbands, children and personal clients "hang out" in the department. Not to mention the instructors who are servicing their private clients on the school's dime. 5 out of 20 students actually go to state board and work in the field.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Waste of time
Great Job
Bookstore Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 23, 2015
Customer service is a big thing learned how to work in a timely matter management was great coworkers was very intelligent
Change in leadership has created unstable work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 20, 2015
Due to recent restructuring, there has been a shift in focus from student success and rigor to streamlining instruction. What used to be an organization that encouraged professors to be creative and offer multimodal instruction has been changed to favor of standardization. There is little room for instructor discretion. There is a feeling that faculty is disposable and little emphasis is placed on effective teaching style and student achievement.
Opportunity to change lives
Director of Campus Life (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GANovember 27, 2012
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is a wonderful place for students young and old to receive education and hands on training that will improve their lives. The faculty and staff are amazing people and believe in the mission of the college.
A typical day for me is never "typical". Each day brings new challenges and allows me to work quickly and to make decisions to provide solutions to problems. I work directly with students in our various organizations/clubs. I enjoy the interaction with the students.
I also oversee a budget of approximately $500,000. I plan and organize all student activities...from large to small. I also organize and accompany students to various conferences and competitions. I enjoy the fast pace and diversity each day brings.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Very fun learning experience
Federal Work Study Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Sparks, GADecember 2, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Wiregrass; I answered telephones, greeted walk-in customers, directed students to the correct departments, assisted Economic Development, inventoried supplies, and filed and created documents. I enjoyed my co-workers because they treated me like any other employee instead of just a student employee. The hardest part of the job was being a full-time student and working at the school.
Pros
work experience, great co-workers
Decent Employer
Student Success Coordinator/Testing Specialist BHI (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJuly 3, 2013
Decent employer. Job security lacking as is based on state budget which continues to be cut.
Great school to attend.
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJuly 17, 2014
Enjoyed working here as a work study student. Great co-workers, very understanding, and concerned about each other and the students that attended the school. I learned how to work in a very professional environment.
Pros
convenient.
Cons
not enough hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Telecommunication and Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GaOctober 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference. This is a very enjoyable place to work. Good friends.
fun work place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GASeptember 23, 2014
I loved working at this College. The people and the work was nice and would love to work in that kind of environment again.
Pros
the people were great
Cons
the pay could have been better
Fundraising and friendraising
Executive Director of Institutional Advancement (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 27, 2013
My day is spent networking with prospects for donations for the college, and also some accounting and detail work for the Foundation books
Excellent Workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 13, 2012
Wiregrass was a great place to work! There are many knowledgeable and kind co-workers, namely ALL OF THEM.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8