Wireless Advocates, LLC

Wireless Advocates, LLC Employer Reviews

Good entry level managment opportunity
Wireless Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay, benefits, flexible schedule in some locations
Cons: open door policy enforced often, pay is adjusted often, budgets unrealistic, constantly changing the importance of different product
The bottom line with this company is all about meeting the budgets/goals. The company has good values however there are several managers who push bad tactics that do not truly benefit customers. As a manager, you are in complete control of scheduling, staffing, assigning goals, reviewing results with employees, motivating staff, maintaining operations – more... such as banking and inventory control, and reporting often (sometimes hourly) to your next level manager. This is a sales job. If you can't push product you will not last long. – less
Stressful worst place to work !!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Shaw AfbApril 15, 2014
This job was the worst there is no chance at moving up. The upper management are rude to there employees they never give help when you need it even after pressuring you to sell unwanted and very expensive products to customers. This company does not take care of their employees it's always an excuse as to why they will not help you but then you as the – more... employee get written up for it. The upper DM and GM will constantly call you out your name and then make it seem like you are doing wrong when you are doing your job. Employees who have worked there for 2 years and more are still stuck in the same place and the ad on here is false they start you off at $8.25 and then your commission checks at shaw Afb will never be more then 200-300 dollars because this base is a retiree base and there is never any traffic. My overall expierence working at this company was the worst. They will replace you before even notifying you and will lie on your write up. – less
worst place to work!!
sales representative (Former Employee), californiaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: pay.
Cons: they don't abide by their own harassment policies, management, the system is too slow so a lot of customer complaints
I worked for the company for almost 2 years. Moved to a different location then had issues with another associate including sexual harassment. I told HR they did NOTHING. I put up with harassment from this associate and I was fired! Not to mention I worked on a military base and this associate constantly bad mouths the military. This associate also – more... seems to have an issue with women. So I ended up getting fired. This company states they have a zero tolerance policy to sexual harassment but they do nothing. This associate has gotten 2 women fired in the last year and I guarantee he will get more fired. The only good thing was the pay especially for the area. But honestly it was not worth it. A company should help someone who is being harassed instead of firing them. – less
Dish sales in costco
Dish sales (Former Employee), WashingtonFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: none? coworkers
Cons: unrealistic goals, pay, boring, door to door type sales, promotability, dealing with costco problems and not getting their benefits, i can go on
******* just don't do it, better ways to waste your time*****

Probably the most boring job I have ever had. I was slowly watching my life tick by until I was off work.....everyday..... All day.... Just watching the clock....

Got this job under the pretense that I would be making 17-20 bucks an hour.... False. 10/hr plus commission for every person – more... that you sign up ($25). Store I worked at was extremely slow and spent pretty much all of my time walking in circles. Now those kind of numbers are possible but not really attainable for the average dish employee.

Also the quotas that the set are not even possible. My quota was always about 4-5 times as many sign-ups as anyone had ever gotten in the history of the kiosk being there. Everyone knows they are unobtainable but for some reason they don't get changed. Gets the manager in trouble, gets you in trouble etc.

There is also NO job security. I drove to work everyday not knowing if I would leave that day with a job.

They only way I can describe this job to people is I was like those people at the mall that want to straighten your hair or get you to try their lotion..... Had to be super pushy and harass people to even stop and talk with me. I would watch as customer would purposely walk 2 isles over just to avoid talking to me.

Also I spend 99.8% of my time telling people that I don't work for costco and no I don't know where some product is. No I won't go get you this weeks ad. And no I don't want to talk to for 20 mins about what TV your friend told you to get. Everyone assumes that you work for Costco and just starts right in on their rants. I have spent countless hours listening to people yell at me about how costco should do this or they should mark down their display more blahhh blahh blahh.... I always wait until they are done and then tell them that I don't work for Costco and that there is nothing I can do for them. they should go find someone in a red vest.

In the end I stayed at that job for 3 months and moved on. People I worked with were pretty cool and I would say that is the only redeeming quality about this job. – less
Worst job ever. Don't wast your time
WSE (Former Employee), MontanaOctober 9, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: everything
I have worked here part time for two years. I have the best numbers at my store. (GPD+activations) My reward for this????
New regional manager comes in and cuts my hours form 24+ to 12. Do not waste your time here. Loyalty means nothing to this company.
Benefit of learning
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Union Gap, WASeptember 15, 2013
At Wireless Advocates, they gave me the chance to learn about three different cell phone companies. There's also place for advancement.
Great company to work for but only with the right management (Costco Kiosk)
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee), Rocky Mountain regionAugust 23, 2013
Pros: management when it's good, commission is the best in the business, $25-50 a month personal phone service. phone reps for all companies
Cons: management when it's bad. no respect for tenure in company, constant missed lunch breaks
Most days will be filled with trying to sell 3 (of the 4 major carriers)
80% of the time on weekdays will be filled with standing around trying to pull in customers to buy or upgrade a phone while 20% will be actual work and setting up service or helping the customer. It made for an alright workflow but some day/months would drag (mostly the "off time" – more... for the cell phone sales....from January to April)

Before this job I worked as retail support (If kiosk like this had issues they would call me for assistance) so going to this job was easy to pick up and I already had more background then most new hires. Now the manger that I first worked with was one of the best, Trained me on everything, Improved my work ethic, I didn't miss a thing. Though all good thing will come to an end.

My first manager went to a better position in another larger company a week before.....Black Friday!

That left 3 of the 4 employees to work on the busiest day of the year...Well 1 co-worked didn't show up a few days. So that left me and a brand new employee on Black Friday... a week after the new employee transferred out of state due to non work related issues

That left me alone to work the kiosk for 2 weeks, Open to close...77 Hours a week.

My second manger was THE POLAR OPPOSITE!
Didn't do any auditing, training for new employees... Didn't care about work (like all things there is an underlying story where he was "teased" with becoming a kiosk manager, He was told that he would become manager after the person before him became manager of another kiosk....well they ended up hiring 5 others outside of the company and 2 years later he became my kiosk manager)
We hired another Part-Time employee and he did well but still made the schedule tight and no one could really take off time.
our manager got demoted and transferred to another kiosk

So I took this time to show my interest to our district manager (Who was also great to work for) for a Kiosk Manager position and was told that they were already hiring a new manager from out of state. I took the benefit of the doubt and thought they know what they were doing! I would repeatedly ask for training to become manager and would be told that they are setting up something for that and launching a program for people interested

Now my current manager is great... very reminiscent of my first manager. In fact he is nice enough to take us out for a NICE dinner if we are 100% over goal each month.
He rehired a old employee and everything was great and good in the company and I've now been here for a year and the highest tenure non-manager at the kiosk.

He set up goal for whoever had the most sales and least amount of error or missing paperwork would get the Full-Time title. It drove sales and helped everyone. I won by a close margin. The day after I was told this..... District and Regional management changed.
With in a week we were forced to hire a employee with no cell phone experience at all and mostly automotive sales. As a full time employee no questions asked

I'm thinking "Ok... well there goes that title and hours...thankfully I'm still getting 30-35 hours a week"

Well I was told I'm going to train him on everything and show him the ropes (sweet... this means i'm getting close to becoming manager!.......)

Nope... I hour kiosk hours as a whole where cut to 105 a week from 140ish

So thinking how I've been here the longest....i'm getting the most amount of sales at my kiosk by a large amount and training the new employees I would still get around the same hours....Right?

Nope. 11 Hours a week.

While everyone at my kiosk gets 30-40 hours a week.

Even after explaining I have a family and rent to pay while everyone other then my manager lives rent free.

and this is how quickly bad/good management can change things with this company and shows that just because you work hard, stay with the company and sell sell sell doesn't mean it matters to your new management.

----------------

Pay was great but like all commission based jobs that can greatly vary. July through December is peak sales time and the average employee would make 30-60 sales a month while the top will make 80 to 100 sales. This will also vary on location.

Expect $1000-2500....$5000+ (if your really good!) a month depending on:
Where you are
How much you sell
What time of the year it is
---------------
Hardest part of the job:
T-mobile.... and if you have it to sell...Direct TV/Dish

Why?
T-mobile and constant changes with plans and who you can sell to. Dish/Direct TV: People really don't want to deal with a TV provider when they already are dealing with cell phones...
----------------
Most enjoyable?

Working with good management and co-workers. Most kiosk's are tight-kint and you make life-long friends

Also the fact that you get to see the smile of new customer and their first smartphone...or when you fix something that's been bugging them for awhile

Contests: Nothing like getting a free Note II, HTC One and other goodies
------------------ – less
Not recommended
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 10, 2013
Less than average benefits & compensation. No career paths. No respect for employees.
positive and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaOctober 22, 2012
great company to work for. i learned about a variety of wireless service providers and their respective plans.
Not enough room for advancement
Retail/Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2012
Limited options. Perimeter selling is what I dislike the most. Customer service is what I prefer.
Fair Retail Experience
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJAugust 30, 2012
Pros: dealer line, cheap food (costco), great commission
Cons: short breaks mandated (30 mins for 8 hr shift), always standing, unprofessional kiosk manager
I've been with the company for a year. As a Wireless Sales Expert, I would be happy to provide customers with information on a cellular product, and I had a blast, building rapport and eventually making lots of commission sales. This allowed me to demonstrate my knowledge about the cellular scene, and provide support to those with product issues.

An – more... issue would be scheduling. This was painful as I would give notice in advanced, and management would bicker and complain about inconveniencing the kiosk. It was clearly evident that typical kiosk days could be run with one person, and two people were inefficient for the time I would request off. Discussion with coworkers prior to management revealed that it was not an inconvenience to them to shift schedules, so there should have not been an issue. This particular manager lacked of professionalism in dealing with this manner. – less
Its a good company if you just want to make extra money
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), (private)August 16, 2012
Pros: good base pay, plus commision
Cons: boring!!
Work was soooooooo boring! I hated it. I hated having to sell phones to people who were NOT interested in phones when they came in to buy paper at Staples. I didnt learn anything. I stayed for 3 months tops. Management sucked he quit a week after I did. Sometimes I wondered how they made money because I didnt sell a thing. My co-workers were cool they – more... were ver helpful, but you work by yourself at the kiosk a majority of the time. Hardest part was just going there knowing I was just going to stand around and try to get people to buy phones, most enjoyable was getting paid houry plus commission for not really doing anything. – less
Wireless Advocates
Mobile Consultant (Current Employee), Timonium, MDJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good commission and pay rate, customer relations, income not fixed
Cons: potential for too much down time, potential negative relations with staples management, hard to reach direct manager, can be difficult to meet daily goals depending on location.
Wireless Advocates is a company with potential. It needs to work out some issues with its Staples partners and its employee retention.