Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

Okay job
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJDecember 11, 2017
Okay job
Easy as long as you’re enthusiastic
Full time benefits
Flexible hours
Traveling for work is paid
Compensation needs work
Enjoyable and fun
I worked here many years ago.
Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 9, 2017
When I worked at this company it was a very good place to start a sales career. They didn't pay a ton, but there was benefits and good people running the company.
Good resume builder
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2017
Wireless advocates is a third party company that works as a vendor inside Costco selling phones. Typical day is spent talking to members/customers trying to persuade them to visit your kiosk and buy a phone.
Pros
good benefits and off most major holidays
Cons
you have to work weekends but they are shorter days
Good Company that has a Management Issue
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 5, 2017
This is the case with a lot of retail work. Middle management can make or break your experience. I have a couple of good to great district managers that made business easy. The last year however I had 4 DMs in 13 months. It is really difficult to be successful when you don't have consistent leadership and what you do have is new to the company and doesn't understand how to communicate to the corporate offices effectively. I would recommend giving it a try if you have a chance, the pay is decent and they have good benefits. But know it may change on a whim if the management changes.
Pros
decent pay good benefits
Cons
occasional poor management
Great place to work and gain many different experiences
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work would start off with opening up the kiosk and getting prepared for the day. Reviewing sales goals, auditing and getting ready to sell. I would make inspect the kiosk and clean up if necessary for the day. I learned a lot of management and structure to the wireless business. Working inside of Costco is a great environment. I don't believe there is a very difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part is being able to talk to everyone and positioning wireless services for them with just about anything that they need. Plus, all the people and life experiences you get to meet is definitely enjoyable!
Pros
discounted wireless services
Cons
Difficult to move up after a certain point w/o relocating
DSR direct sales representative
Mobile Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 2, 2017
I attempted to sell/upgrade people with cell phone companies 24 month contracts for deals on android phones. Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
All from inside a Staples Office Supply
Poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDNovember 30, 2017
Poor management, lack support, very poor people skills. Forced me to work as many 75 hours in a week, every day, open to close. Work as many 12-15 days in a row.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Toxic Work Environment, Clueless Upper Management
Sr. IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 29, 2017
Upper management is extremely reactive which leads to constant fires, no processes were ever followed, everything was always done by the seat-of-the-pants. The company always talked about making it a better place to work but NOTHING ever came to fruition. They seem to hire bottom of the bucket employees so if you are in any way skilled in your career, you will stand out. Unfortunately nothing will come from doing well, as the company runs too low of margins to ever pay anyone a reasonable wage for the area (Seattle). I worked for the company for more than 3 years.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Toxicity, stress, management, the company as a whole
challenging and motivatiing
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
a typical day at work consists of a variety of phones and deals leading to a large potential in sales! I learned how to talk to people and fix problems in non conventional ways. Management is very helpful and present in the company. Hardest part of the job is staying motivated when rejection is present that day as well as learning how to engage with members. Best part of the job is how diverse and ever changing it is! If you like change and something different everyday this is definitely a great job for you!
Pros
free tickets and food
Fun environment for people with Corporate experience
Sales Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2017
Having come from another HQ of a big company this company was very similar in size and function. They were very strict about hourly/salary work which became an issue for me. They won't pay any work done outside the building for hourly employees, but require a corporate email account, and supervisors who email requests for information, and statuses at any hour of the day or night. This creates a work/life balance issue especially if they are unwilling to pay for the extra above and beyond work done for the company.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Only good if you are a salary employee
Terrible place to work.
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 28, 2017
I've spent the past 7 years with this company only to be underpaid and over worked since I'm one of the last few that actually know how everything works. They'd rather hire a new employee that's okay with low pay than to compensate their tenured employees. You get to work with snobby entitled members all day, and if you don't produce then you get to hear from your clueless manager about some new metric that some overpaid analyst has decided to brew up. I can't wait to leave, its truly a bummer because I'm good at what I do.
Pros
Good hours, free samples.
Cons
Pay, management, job security, stressful, no set schedule
Most customers just walk by us unless they need a cellphone.
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  West Homestead, PANovember 24, 2017
Attempting to get Costco members to buy a new cellphone can be a stressful situation. I learned that no matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone. Management here is under a lot of pressure to produce the correct numbers and motivate all associates. I was there almost 2 years and felt the dignity and respect I deserved I did not receive. There was about a 4 month stretch where the mgr and I were the only employees. Dependability was always one of my strong points. With a full crew the schedule could change due to the whim of the mgr. The hardest part of the job is hours standing with no or little interaction due to people not wanting to be bothered. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the look in a member's face as they walk away with a new cell phone. I admit my sales dropped after a surgery causing me to miss about 4 weeks. When I came back the high costs of the top models I could no longer reccomend with conviction. It was tough seeing people throw their money away.
Pros
Possible income with high sales of the kiosk (changed 8/1/2017)
Cons
Schedule subject to change often, No Shows, Possible comm loss.
Sales Associate
Retail & Sales Associate Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 23, 2017
Meeting my daily goals.
Management was very flexible.
Workplace culture is very friendly.
Most enjoyable part is satisfying clients needs and working one on one with clients.
it was on okay job
Ca (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 21, 2017
I loved my manager he was the main reason i stuck around. He was always very helpful training us with anything new we had to know. The job itself could get hard at times when people wanted everything for cheap.
Sales job, job relied on sales numbers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 14, 2017
Very little training, very cut throat business. Training was spent on a computer while interacting with customers. My job was to sell Dish Network, if I had any questions i would have to call the tech available at the time. There was no one in house that knew enough of the answers from customers.
Pros
Many people to meet.
Cons
Little training.
Great company for contract workers
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2017
I had worked on many contracts with Robert Half Technologies. They had a very easy to use interface for the contractor to navigate. Pay was always on time and the staff was excellent in all manners.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, excellent contractor support
Fast paced environment with few perks
Sales Representative, Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 8, 2017
Very small work Not designed with employee comfort.

Old office equipment in constant need of repair causing delays in processing sales documents.

Poor technical support in order to assist clients.
Pros
Cons
chaotic and unorganized
Wireless Sales Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CANovember 8, 2017
you have to greet all members passing by and convince them to get phones at costco over all other places. they use older systems but they are pretty easy to use. the district manager was horrible and hr didnt do much about it.
Pros
good commission
Cons
have to make good sales in order to make good money
Amazing Company
Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CANovember 6, 2017
Loved every second of working there...Mostly because of my amazing District Manager John Day. Great environment and great compensation. I strongly recommend this company
It used to be better
Costco Wireless, Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2017
They've made some changes that only benefit you if you are able to sell a lot, but when it's slow its either the same as before or worse in pay. Not the happiest, but you can make a lot of money selling phones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8