Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

Sales Rep
Sales Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 22, 2017
First time in sales. It didnt take me long to get the hang of sales.Fun and can be very busy at times. Learned a lot bout the devices and helped people save money and knowledge with there devices.
Good company but not for students
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Good environment if you have a manager like I did. However as a company, if this job is not your only focus, not a healthy environment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, poor employee benefits
bad upper management
Exceptional sales (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAFebruary 16, 2017
management does not support employees, and disconnect with corporate. the company does work with you schedule as a student is a plus.
awesome company
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAFebruary 15, 2017
good place to work for no better place to sale than costco difficult to remeber evrything though great managment always really good support
Pros
hour lunches relaxed
Cons
401k matching start out part time
Temporary
Wireless Sales Representative November (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 9, 2017
It's a good company to work for if you are looking for something temporary. I've been with them for 4 years and I've had a ton of issues. They should pay a higher commission, they're a little unorganized with payroll and scheduling and require that you do a lot of unnecessary task throughout the day.
Awful management with worse internal structure.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mt. Prospect, ILFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day at work was never typical. Customers constantly arrived needed assistance with the several mistakes other associates would make. I learned that taking advantage of the 90 day trial period is a must. The hardest part of the job was doing the required tasks with no training.
Fun times
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAFebruary 8, 2017
As a people person a typical day of consists of interacting with people from all over the world. You gain experience relating with an unlimited amount of people from everywhere. I learned how better to motivate a team to meet goals, exceed expectations and enjoy the rewards. Management at my store was fair and balanced. Hardest part of my job, is looking for another job and leaving those behind. The most enjoyable part of my job is my team. I believe in making them like your family away from home, learn with them and succeed with them and fail with them. It builds a unity unmatched. Its what I will miss mostly about my current position.
Pros
Fun
Cons
lots of travel
Selling cell phones is hard.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2017
As far as banking and selling phones is not for everyone including me. Micro Vision Optical was cool warehouse to work in, but they went out of business.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
selling product that people dont need it just for comission
Endless commission
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 6, 2017
This company is great if you're a people person. If you have no probably greeting random people as they pass by to do their shopping and to convince them to somehow buy a cell phone or tablet, then this is the job for you. You can make a lot of money too.
Pros
No caps in commission
Cons
Small staff
It isn't worth it
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 30, 2017
The headache that you have to deal with is not worth the small pay. They never give raises and the cut back on commission every year. Also they are grown people (management) that sit on the "conference calls" every day talking about and belittling the workers under and above them. Never seen such disrespect and fakeness at a work place. We should be a team and its never like that. Also, you won't ever be able to get a higher up position than where you start unless you kiss the upper management back side and talk about people just like they do. You would think that they would go off performance but they don't. I was hired PART TIME and for 3 years, I outsold the full timer that got hired the same time as me, but they always had an excuse to why they would never make me full-time.
Good coworkers. Sales expectations too high for location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brick, NJJanuary 24, 2017
I would sell cellular devices to customers. My coworkers were fantastic and a blast to work with. Wish the commissions were larger. Workplace was relatively laid back.
Because they're making me
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 13, 2017
Wireless advocates has been a good company to me over the past year my employment you have the ability to make an hourly wage along with uncapped commission on everything that you sell
Good company overall
Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDJanuary 6, 2017
not a bad place to work management always changed high turnover rates needs more clear succession planning for advancement
Worst Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Working here was fine at first. I was excelling very well, however the turn over rate was extremely high and there wasn't a really good role for management.
Pros
Working on Post
Cons
Poor working environment
The Quickest Way to a Dead End
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2016
I worked for WA as a Kiosk Manager on two separate occasion, once in 2010 and again in 2016. What a difference six years makes! The company culture has devolved into one where both Costco members AND employees are valued as much as some gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe. The pay for KMs has been reduced to that of a typical third party retail associate, there are NO annual performance pay increases, and although monthly goals are easy to attain, the bonuses have been cut by so much they barely make it worthwhile using WAs deceptive sales tactics to attain them. WA lacks vision, organization, and a culture that merits performance based on BOTH customer satisfaction and sales numbers. They only care about sales.

Don't believe me? Look what their customers are saying on social networks. Want to know what it's like to work there? Check out their reviews on job boards. The company uses archaic Point of Sales systems to enter transactions instead of advanced CRM programs designed to market to current and potential customers, uses antiquated processing methods that waste expensive office supplies like paper and ink, and if you aren't prone to sycophantic behaviors, don't expect any recognition for accomplishments. Overall this company is one of the worst in the industry for deceptive practices on mail in rebates, forcing Costco members into products they don't want, and delivering on promises they cannot keep.

By the way, if they try to make you sign an arbitration agreement - DO NOT DO IT! The company has been sued multiple times and lost or settled for violating numerous
  more... labor laws.

Apply today if you want to feel like an expendable number, work EXTRA hours during holidays with NO holiday pay (meaning when you get the day off for Christmas, you have make the day up or you will NOT be paid for it), force unwanted products upon Costco's trusting members, and have no resources to address Costco member issues when YOU guarantee a WA promotion but the company fails to deliver it, and have ZERO work to life balance.
Pros
Benefit are OKAY
Cons
Low pay, ancient systems, no accountability from management and corporate, too many others
job was great the management team was horrible
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Timnath, CODecember 11, 2016
worked there for almost 4 years and then i met the manager from one of the stores and i could not believe the way that he was treating customers and getting away with it. so i chose to move on and get into another side of the industry.
Heavy Results Oriented Position in a Limited Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2016
Very specific clientele due to being inside Costco. Limited in scope from being third party. Could not sell only devices or prepaid. Direct management tended to favor their employees, but anyone above saw you as expendable. Fired for taking a vacation despite planning it a month in advance and scheduling around work.
Pros
Commision, Working inside Costco
Cons
Low Commision, Minimum Wage, No benefits
wireless advocates
WIRELESS SALES EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 5, 2016
Good starting job for sales and great management to help you understand and to strengthen your sales game. Money is commission based and very competitive among the sales reps.
Poor Comapny
WSE (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 2, 2016
Company does not listen to employees for issues and does not give any benefits. They will never give a raise unless you get a promotion. They pay minimum wage and do not care about their employees.
Wireless Advocates
Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2016
Very long hours with subpar management that blames others for their mistakes. Very hight turnover rate and long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9