Wireless Advocates

Wireless Advocates United States Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJApril 9, 2015
Pros: Incentives and Discounts on products
Cons: Health Insurance and Location
A typical day at work is dealing with customers and selling them their desired device and appropriate plan.

I've learned to build a rapport with customers that is based on trust and solid products. I've also learned how to increase sales for the company with customers.

Management was very hands on and always on the floor working side by side with my co-workers and I.

My co-workers worked as a team regardless of our individual goals and sales quota.

Meeting a customer that is not happy with the company's service and having to neutralize the situation is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having a satisfied customer that utilizes me as their go to person.
overwork/ unpaid
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee), Avon, OHApril 6, 2015
Pros: commision
Cons: everything
The company wants you to go all out and the management is truly clueless. You stand on your feet all day and the changes lunch and breaks like crazy.
Great company to work for
WIRELESS EXPERT/ ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
Was your typical salesman job. Worked on Commission.

Sold Phones and you were ranked in your district. Everyone can see how you performed for the month so there was a little incentive to work harder and not look like a failure.

Company did many workshops on how to become a better salesman and offered a lot of free things.

Best part was the work life balance and flexibility for taking vacations and/ or school.
customer service skills a must
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), ft blissMarch 10, 2015
very good company with a fast paced environment. Multi-tasking and being able to communicate well with customers needed.
Fast paced job with commission rates.
Wireless Expert (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay for even part time position.
Cons: poor management and sacrifice of any social or extra carricular activities.
This job is great if you are looking for quick and good money. The hiring process took 3 months however from the point I was hired to the time of my first shift. I learned countless lessons in time management and a new definition of focus. Co-workers were in and out of employment, the turnover rate is pretty high.

The hardest part of the job is split between high goal demands and overwhelming customers due to understaffing. The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely the paycheck if you take control of your day and blow the goals out of the water.

Management is rough with employees, but knowledgeable of the how to's of the job and questions that come in.

I became overwhelmed and overstressed as the kiosk's veteran and temporarily only employee apart from the manager. I was expected to work overtime hours without overtime pay at a part time position.
Productive yet challening
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), McGuire AFB, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: knowing you don't have a secure position
I thoroughly enjoy what I do on a day to day basis and the majority of the people (customers and coworkers) I've met while working her a very pleasant. Of course like any job there were bump in the beginning but as time went on I've gained so much knowledge on the cellphone industry, from their systems to the device accessories.
Exciting and Rewarding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexable schedual and amazing management
Cons: wont ever get a raise on hourly
This place was very flexible and since it was on base the customers were the best not only because they serve, but because they have a great attitude.
high pressure sales with no place to hide from the public (kiosk)
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: my fellow workers and other costco workers
Cons: part time, no health care or vacation
minimum wage job with a small commission. People walk up with problems or needs that are met at the kiosk or need new lines of service or renew old lines of service. Management is absent, for the most part with a working manager on site that is more interested in personal goals than team goals as historically there are high personnel turnover. Staying focused when the commission rate keeps dropping would be the hardest part and the most enjoyable part is actually helping people with problems or situations that are frustrating them.
Enjoyed my time there
wireless manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the people.
Cons: down sized.
I really enjoyed my time with wireless advocates. The people I work with was really good people and hard working. this experience I will take with me to the next job and so on.
Medium Job
Wireless Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: micro-management
My job with this company was just a little compelling simply because of the micro-managing of the DM and the RVP. This over all company seemed to be heading in the right direction at the time I was working there just lack the support of trust with certain upper management. Would probably still be there if this did not play a big roll in my own life of goals I had set for myself. Was very much looking to advance with the company but opt out because of the micro-managing.
Good Place to Venture into Wireless
Sales Lead/KM (Former Employee), Seattle WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits, decent commission, flexible hours, awesome customer base, money to be made!
Cons: poor management, communication, consistently shoddy equipement, still beleives its a start up
Wireless Advocates operates as a start-up offshoot of Cartoys, Offering telecom solutions to members of costco, AAFES military exchanges, and previously Staples.

A good place to learn telecom and make some money doing it, Costco customers are prime customers to be able to access, you can do well here.

Upper management and particularly owners/leaders/Home Office is not connected with whats happening on the ground, poor communication, outdated equipment, and a completely fly-by-the-pants culture is a consistent Achilles heel that if this company overcame, would go a long way to achieving unseen results at their front facing kiosks.

I consider this a stepping stone opportunity into Telecom, a good place to start.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CAJanuary 9, 2015
got some good experience on the sales floor met some great people management was great and wish cared more for the job but it got me to learn how to keep myself motivated and more outgoing
Multi vendor 3rd party store with unlimited customer acquisition potential
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounted cell phone (1 per provider), compensation, free costco food samples during break
Cons: work by yourself or with 1 person, not the greatest health care package, kiosk is not visible from main isle
A typical work day would consist of canvassing the store, greeting customers and creating opportunities to present new products and services.
I learned how to break the ice, start up a conversation and segway into casual sales discussions.
Management was always accessible in the event we needed support in order to close a deal with a customer.
Co-workers were always supportive and provided education and assistance.
The hardest part about the job is being able to overcome the significantly larger percentage of "No's" vs the "Yes's".
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new people every day.
NOT A BAD PARTTIME JOB
Wireless Expert (Former Employee), Northridge, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: easy sells
Cons: youre only a small space
BEING THAT ITS INSIDE COSTCO THERE'S A LOT OF TRAFFIC TO HIT SELL GOALS AND SOMETIMES YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO BRING LUNCH BECAUSE THERES ALWAYS SNACKS
Great Job
Wireless expert (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJNovember 17, 2014
Good paying job, Selling Wireless phones such as iphones,androids and ipads. I also sold wireless hotspots for at&t, t mobile and verizon.
fast paced environment
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Staples GlenmontNovember 14, 2014
hard work, but fun...lots of interacting with people and selling
Kiosk environment
Salesman (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: commision based sales
Cons: not many hours.
A lot of selling management was good at training. Learned a lot about the different phones and companies.
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee), arizonaOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work where management wants you to succeed. Hours are flexible depending on your manager. I was able to balance school and work.
Fun and difficult at the same time.
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great hours and off hollidays
Cons: district manager micro managing the district
The job was fun and working inside Costco was great. However the upper management was very big into micro management. With that being said it was not impossible for me to handle it just made things more difficult. They want me to run my store but in the manner they use to do it or want me to do it. It was not always ideal since not all stores are the same. A typical day was always busy and my co workers are great, the hardest part was putting up with my DM always changing his mind on how things should be done. I really enjoy the members, Costco hours , and the way I feel after helping a customer with a tough situation.
productive, fun, and profitable
Sales Expert (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2014
Pros: being challenged
Cons: moving away
I loved coming into work, setting up my kiosk, reading emails, seeing what new product we have, and embracing a new challenge every month. I had an amazing team from managment to my co workers. I loved being able to come up with sollutions for my guess, and have positive feedback from them... Loved everything about this job, the hardest part was to leave because i was moving.

1 2 3 4 5