Wireless Advocates

Wireless Advocates Employer Reviews

Great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKAugust 18, 2014
Cons: lots of standing
Definitely a great first time job for anyone getting back into the workforce.
Different type of work envrionment.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Palmdale CAAugust 11, 2014
Good company to work for if you like a challenge. A typical day consisted of bringing product to customer attention and ensuring they received everything they were looking for.
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Lead Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, North CarolinaAugust 11, 2014
I have enjoyed working for this company very much. They strive on ways to help make the buisness grow. Engaging with potentioal customers and showing them the great deals we had to offer always keeps you busy on a day to day basis. This company has helped me grow in my confidence for sales and with interacting with people. Things are constantly changing – more... and they are very accomidating in makeing sure we are well trained with the right information. I learned quickly and was very pleased with the team I was able to work with. The hardest part was overcoming the obstacles but also the most enjoyable. You feel a sense of accomplishment when you succeed. – less
great place for self starters
Wireless Mobile Consultant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2014
great oppurtunty to work independently! great for students or as 2nd job
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2014
Excellent place to work with a friendly environment. As a manager in this location, this job treated me very well and paid great. I enjoyed working with the associates I had and truly have no complaints about the job.
A very counterproductive company to work for.
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee), VAJune 30, 2014
The managers and assistant managers never communicate with each other so you end up doing twice the work for nothing. Very stressful.
Military Sales Job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2014
Pros: met great people, commission, fun.
Cons: no benefits or vacations for part time employees.
Every day I learned to build trust, credibility and rapport with each and every customer. We matched customers with the handset, accessories and protection for each of their devices. The Wireless sale Manager was always professional and made sure to educate all employees with the proper etiquette. The hardest thing about working for Wireless Advocates – more... was certain times of the day you were by yourself and if its a slow day then you know how uneventful that may seem. The most enjoyable part was helping happy customers and hearing how helpful you were. – less
Come in and hit company Goals
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Brookhaven, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: pay is good, schedules stay set
Cons: n/a
Averge day at work is to look at todays goal, and work on the aisle. I enjoy working for our company, I take pride in my work and thrive to sell as many items as i can that we have to offer.
average
Mobile Consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 16, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: short breaks
after working here for a few months there seemed to not be any way to move ahead in the company. there was no goal or motivation for my hard work, and I could not see myself working there full time.
Very fun and healthy work environment.
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee), Robins Air Force BaseJune 15, 2014
High paced and very knowledgeable work place. Amazing work environment with an amazing boss.
Still a new company
Kiosk Sales Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: work life balance, culture, boss
Wireless Advocates is a newer wireless indirect company and has many things to change. The culture was terrible, all employees for the most part are part time which makes dependability difficult for a manager, my boss was never in the field...
Delivering The Goods
Sales Expert (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 8, 2014
Promoting and selling wireless products to Costco customers. Selling new phones or upgraded eligible customers to those looking to do so.
Integrity not needed.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Offutt Air Force BaseMay 31, 2014
Pros: working with technology
Cons: working for wireless advocates
Wireless Advocates is an unstable company with very high turn over both in the store locations and at the corporate headquarters.

One of their guiding principles is "integrity", however through the expectations, to succeed, I was expected to push unneeded products to meet and exceed the sales for the previous year. The previous year contained sales – more... figures from the previous manager who was, according to both the AT&T rep and the Verizon rep, making borderline fraud sales by misrepresentation. My district manager knew of these issues with the sales figures I was expected to meet or exceed and did nothing to help adjust these sales numbers.

VERY poor support from corp.

I worked 33 days with a bad case of bronchitis, begging for relief to be sent to my location and was told it will be two weeks. That time passed and was told again two weeks. During this time period, I called in sick twice when I was actually vomiting and was told I can no longer miss any days. When I started, my location had no other employees. I was not told this before accepting the position.

Overall, this was the worse job I have ever had. – less
Good people with a wealth of information.
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Clarkston, WAMay 27, 2014
Pros: educational, fun
Cons: lots of standing
There is not much to say aside from it's a good place to work. Friendly co-workers and managers. Very informative and always eager to help improve your performance.
Leadership ??
SHQ (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 23, 2014
leadership? culture? still lack a president? Things just continue to spiral downward at.............
Love the job and People
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 20, 2014
Love the job and people but the management stinks wages suck you work off commission so if you don't sell you don't get paid
Easily earn commision
Wireless Manager (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 18, 2014
Pros: fun people to work around
Cons: working holidays
Other than having to work retail hours the job is a great at expanding your income. Base pay and commission, you make as little or as much as you desire. I would defintely stay if I weren't going to try and go to school part time. You dont have alot of personal time when you're the manager.
Wireless Advocates is a well rounded job that consistently tests ones ability to perform essential job duties.
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee), Independence, MOMay 17, 2014
A typical day at work consist of greeting customers and building rapport with them to see what their needs are in the wireless world. I've learned from working at Wireless Advocates how to calm and positive attitude when sales are low and when customers get upset as well.
Kiosk Sales Manager
Sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2014
Pros: customer traffic, discount cellphone plan, basic paperwork
Cons: no employee loyalty, stand up long periods of time, district manager shows favoritism, shrinking pay
This you to be a great place to work. Overtime I seen my income slip over $10,000 and I was selling more products in the end. Located inside of Large retail chain there was alot of potential customers to sell to how ever you spent most of your day competing and comparing the products for them to leave and still try to figure things out expected in retail – more... sales. Depends on what city you live in you might get a down to earth district manager that helps and mentors you or you might get a high pressure manager who only comes around when you do something bad and tries to paperwork you out of the system. I spent 6 yrs there and realize the company isn't loyal to anyone. You also have a small crew so if someone calls in sick chances are that you will cover the whole shift and it isn't appreciated most of the time. In closing if you want to work for them keep in mind they expect alot from you and don't expect the same. – less
A lot of free time on your hands
Mobile Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaApril 22, 2014
While working for WA, I was the Mobile Consultant in a local Staples. The two companies had a partnership. Staples thought they could get on the smart phone train and cash in. Well, they failed. With a lack of advertising and not carrying the iPhone, customers who came into Staples had no idea smart phones were sold there. On top of that, customers – more... were coming into staples to buy office supplies, not a new smart phone. So, as a mobile consultant, I found myself helping customers locate their favorite pen or type of paper. Sure, I sold a few phones. But, not as much I would have sold if I was at a Verizon or AT&T store. – less

1 2 3 4 5