Wireless Communications Employee Reviews

Work Flow
Manager - Direct Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 3, 2017
The company is actually no longer there. On a typical day we would do anywhere from 10-20 phone activation's per day. There were days where it could be very stressful due to hold times on the phone and trouble activating a line, to days where it would be very relaxed and slow paced. It was a family owned business so everyone got along. The hardest/stressful part of the job would be if the system was down and people needed minutes on their phone and we could not get them on fast enough until the system would come back up.
Age discrimitory
Sales / Technical and customer support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 24, 2017
Out of business and for good reason. I was one of the oldest sales reps, but among the best. The younger managers were not comfortable working with an older person who should be their management.
fun work place
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Responded to customer inquiries; processed customer requests; resolved issues related to equipment, billing, roaming and service; revised customer agreement.
Sold Sprint, Nextel cellular phones: entered customer orders in computer system; provided customers with product and service information.
Answered general customer inquiries, invoice questions, and customer questions. Greeted customers in a professional, friendly, and timely manner, including answering phones and directing customer inquiries to appropriate parties as they arrived.
Troubleshot equipment issues for customers, processed repairs, provided loaner phones, shipped equipment, and completed the repair cycle.
Updated customer accounts after every customer interaction.
Processing Payments: Received and processed payments, handled cash, and made deposits.
Detailed oriented
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 23, 2016
The hardest part of this job was calming customers down when the corporate store would make a mistake on their bill that the independently owned stores were not able to correct for the customer.
Pros
Sales commission
Cons
Never knew when a break would come
Enjoyable work enviroment and friendly coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bonaire, GAJuly 7, 2015
A typical day consist of outbound phone calls to potential customers to get them into the store. Showing custumers all products the are for sale and encouaging them to buy other accessories or products.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation
Customer Service Representative
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
giving customers amazing customer service and the opportunity to walk out the door with a new phone and saving money on their plans.
i dont agree with employees are placed in danger
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 17, 2015
a lot of responsibilities, hostile work environment with break ins. a lot of changes could be made for work better environment.
Pros
co-workers/ team with in store
Cons
security, pay, how often paid, appreciate employees better, listening
High energy, Great place to work if you value being able to take true care of your customers.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be to open the store (I usually have mornings shifts). My store is not extremely high volume, So I am able to handle my duties such as follow up with customers, scan customer agreements in our system, clean the store, update our store numbers etc... When our rush starts to happen then typically we spend the day truly helping out our customers by maximizing stakeholders and seeking out the best way to consult customers so they are able to benefit from their service with Verizon. This can range from bill pay all the way to activating new lines for a family the list of things we do are endless and it varies with every customer that steps in the door. My co-workers rock! I have grown really close to some but overall I love my team. Everyone is defiantly helpful and we all look out for one another. To be honest I have to say everyone that I have encountered are all high-energy and I have no problem calling anyone from any one of our stores to ask for help, WC team are all helpful. One thing I have to say about management is although everyone is helpful at the same time there could be a little more work that could be done concerning who is qualified to mange certain stores. Personally at my store all the managers I`ve had are awesome sales representatives, but not fit to be managers. Hardest part of my day is when a customer comes in, and what should be a simple fix to a problem turns out to be a 3-4 hour problem depending on what it is. Finally the mot enjoyable part of my job is that I get to be myself with my co-workers and my customers, by  more... nature I am a caring person and I have no problem taking that extra step to help people out and with this job I am able to. I love the fact that I am building my own reputation with customers and when people have a problem with anything they come to see me personally because they loved how I took care of them.  less
Pros
Excellent teamwork, Meeting people everyday!
Cons
Need improvement with management, Hours
No room for growth
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  SCJuly 7, 2014
A job where they don't pay you enough money to deal with the day to day hassle of customers. Also if you are looking to move up the ladder this is not the place for you. They expect you to take on managerial responsibility with out a pay increase or title change.
Pros
Pays my bills most of the time, get to work in a field that I love
Cons
Shorted my check more than once, management changes almost every month, pay is not that good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 18, 2014
company still new
no structure
unorganized
I am not going to elaborate
Bad management and company!! HIGH turnover.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GAApril 9, 2014
Don't trust this company or anything that management tells you!! They will lie to your face!! They don't keep their word and they lie to customers. All they care about is selling more phones and making sure customers are happy and keeping Verizon off of their backs!! Employee's are treated like trash!!! They are based out of state and don't expect to go far or make much money!!!
A lot of talk not much action
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  In a store near youFebruary 24, 2014
Wireless Communications is a company started in 2004. They have grown from 1 store to at the time of this to about 37 stores. This is about all of the positive that there is to say.

This company is micromanaged by the owner and CEO. You can tell that by every aspect of the business. Inventory to sale is often slim, the leaders are untrustworthy and the expectations are too great for the rewards.

Speaking of rewards, if you are expecting to make a decent income...look somewhere else. In the interview process they wow you with great expectations however always find a way to deduct money from your pay.

This is a good job if you are a student who can live on minimum wage but would rather wear a shirt and tie rather than a uniform at a fast food restaurant.

Don't buy into the hype, the promises and the flash that they give you upfront. The turn over rate is through the roof... Please don't be just another name tag of past employees sitting in a drawer somewhere.
Pros
Get to experience a genuine sales experience.
Cons
Pay, POOR Leadership, untrustworthy.
verizon
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 2, 2014
this company no longer exists
It was not a great working experience, it was draw-based commission which was extremely difficult to understand.
It was a nice place to work
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2013
I enjoyed being with my customer the most...It was by far the one of the best experiences that I have had
Great company
Sales Representative/Trainer/Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 8, 2013
The company was a small business when I worked there and they seemed to be growing. I was thankful to be apart of something that was growing. I helped the company with a lot of driven sales. Management helped me succeed.
Converged Solutions Company
Retail Sales Associate/ Tech. Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crabapple, GAMarch 13, 2013
In my typical day, I assist the management team with various duties ranging from; Inventory, Cash management, as well as opening and closing procedures. Currently i'm in a sales position, however occasionally assist customers with tech support and billing related issues.
It was a great atmosphere to work at
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Metter, GAOctober 26, 2012
Waiting on customer, setting up their cell phones, taking payments, making sales for cell phone and accessories, managing the money draw. deposit, keeping book ledgers, keeping the store clean and setting up decorations for sales. I enjoyed waiting on customers and helping them with their cell phones. I have learned to be very patient with customers and explain things to their understanding. My most enjoyable part of the job is when my customer are very satisfied with my performance and attitude it makes me fill good inside that I can help people and knowing they will be back to see me.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no health care benefits
Company to watch for!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 9, 2012
Sales leaders gets on conference call three-four times a week with all locations and encourages front-line agents to focus on current day's and weekly sales goals. All districts are on Kakoa chat to communicate with eachother about sales for the day.
Many of the co-workers are new at sales so getting them down to sales process is a challange.
Pros
fast growing company run by very focused and energetic leaders
Cons
does not have corporate infrastructure to keep up with the fast growth.