Wireless Express Employee Reviews

Poor place of business
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 26, 2017
Unsteady pay at best. 8 an hour plus commission. Averaged about 650 bi-weekly. I tried to be civil and put in a formal notice that I was actively looking for other employment. The DM in East Tennessee received my notice and fired me immediately after receiving it. Very unprofessional way to handle things in my opinion and really shows a lot about his character personally as well as the company's if they allow that level of pettiness. Just really unprofessional in my opinion. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Responsibility to pay rate ratio very unbalanced. Underpaid.
a typical work day
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 27, 2017
A typical work day for wireless express is taking bill payments, driving new business, and making sure current customers are happy. Day to Day operations with phone inventory and sending off old phones.
Pros
Having a great team to work with
Cons
Low staffing
Really happy at this location
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 16, 2017
Although I wish training was easier, I really like it here. If you're sales-driven than this is the place for you. You can earn as much money as you want.... if you're looking for a job to coast through and collect a paycheck, I wouldn't suggest it here.

I like management, and the District Manager is awesome and super helpful.

All around, I really like working for wireless express. It sucks the reviews are bad on here... My experience is great at this location (:
Pros
awesome management, flexible hours, commission, employee discounts
Cons
customer issues, a lot to learn
Great opportunity if you are willing to work at it
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2017
If you like a fast paced environment in a great industry, this is a good company to work for. 80% of what you can make is determined by your personal effort and skill, which is not common in retail. They have a good benefits package with health, dental, vision, matching 401K, paid holidays, and more. The commission plan is very fair and the company does a good job of providing incentives to sell. This company is growing fast and management seems to be interested in promoting from within. If you are willing to put in an honest effort every day, you will be really happy here. If you don't have a good work ethic, wireless probably isn't for you.
Just don't waste your time honestly, you won't get anything for it.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2017
Probably the worst job I ever had. First 2 months were great then everything changes. Horrible management, they leave you with no time for a social life, they expect over time and then get mad at you for it when it happens, commission was great then it drops after that. You are also blamed for everything that is wrong with the store you work for and the company. Please don't waste your time.
Pros
Uhhh... Still trying to think of one.
Cons
Everything aboout this job
April 3, 2017

We understand the need for a work/life balance and we know that retail is not for everyone as well as being paid on performance, it's great when sales are good, and isn't when they are not.

Sales oriented company
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 12, 2017
This is a fast paced always changing work environment. Customer service is huge with this position, and being able to communicate accurately with customers.
Terrible
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILFebruary 4, 2017
Unless you don't have a family, don't bother. This place expects everything out of you without proper compensation. Family emergency? Write up. Someone else has an emergency? Your responsibility. Commission? They take every opportunity to NOT pay you. Management could care less about the employees.
Avoid at all costs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 16, 2017
Basically the name of the game is trying not to lose your commission which is impossible. Due to the fact that they hit you with so many decelerators for not being profitable enough per hour due to all the mandatory overtime, and not selling enough overpriced accessories and tablets.

Management ignores troubled understaffed stores. And when we complain about working 50 to 70 hour weeks we are told to suck it up or "people who won't help will not be around for long".

Basically your looking at the fast food of the cellphone industry. Making 8 dollars an hour while the company takes away your commission. My advice is to avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no lunches or breaks and basically no commission
Love my job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 4, 2017
Definitely one of the most rewarding jobs I have had. Company is growing and is thriving. We have a competitive comp plan that is very lucrative. We offer a great benefit package and many perks.
Pros
Awesome upper management, Great leadership, Always changing and growing, Flexible with scheduling and family time.
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 30, 2016
One of the most respected places i have worked for.
Great hospitality. Very friendly laid back environment.
Attention to detail is a must with this Job.
January 4, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful feedback!

Wireless Express (Sprint) Human Resources

Only incentive is to not lose your money
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 12, 2016
Commission structure is based off trying not to lose your money. Little to no incentive for those who go above and beyond. Company wont think twice about charging you back money for things that you have no control over. If you're desperate for a job with poor benefits and basically working for $8.00/hour, this is the job for you.
January 4, 2017

Thank you for your review on indeed. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience and welcome your feedback if you would like to call us directly and talk further about it in the HR department, we are happy to do so. The commission structure is based on sales and audits to put it simply. Our Associates earn a base hourly pay for all hours worked (plus overtime) plus commission - so basically $8.00 would be the lowest amount you could make if you aren't selling phones, service or accessories. When there are audits (meaning customers who buy phone services but decide they don't want to continue the phone service before a certain contract date, then Sprint receives a negative audit and therefore that audit is passed on to the employees because of that-This is a common sales commission practice in many sales organizations that sells residual services that end before the customer's contract period ends. Our Associates do have control over this process in that they should ensure they are selling the right phone and service by asking customers questions to ensure they are buying the right service for their needs and they should call and follow up with customers after the sell to ensure they are happy with their purchase to rectify any problems or concerns they have. This prevents customers terminating their service before the contract date and ensures our associates earn a nice commission check on a monthly basis, setting their income considerably higher than other retail competitors.
Our company offers health, dental, vision, 401K with a match as well as discounted  more... phone services for our associates and employee perk rewards. I am sorry to hear that you didn't value the benefit package that we provide to our associates, however, we offer an extremely generous benefit plan compared to others in our market. Again, we welcome your feedback and are here if you would like to discuss anything and we wish you the very best in your career as you move forward.

Company doesn't value employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2016
Stay away unless you like uncertainty and lousy paycheck for the amount of time you put in. Company changes comp plan with minimal warning (changes always benefit the company never the employees). Company only wants to hire great employees, but great candidates won't even accept a job offer here and good employees will leave soon after they realize how terrible the company is. Only 5 days of PTO "earned" in first year=no PTO until 12 months with the company, what a joke. Benefits are expensive and hardly worth it. Managers and District Managers are great and helpful but the company's executives are clueless on how to run the company. Wireless Express is heading in the wrong direction and unless changes are made they won't have even have mediocre employees working there.
Pros
Sales competitions
Cons
Pay, hours, benefits
Don't waste your time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 12, 2016
When they bought a different dealership they basically ruined morale and lost long term employees due to being dishonest and creating hidden agendas. Definitely not a "About the employees " company.
Pros
No leadership
Cons
No leadership
January 4, 2017

We do care about the employees at Wireless Express and are very sorry that you had an experience that led you to believe otherwise. We not have "hidden agendas" of any kind. We enjoy seeing our associates prosper at our company because when our associates succeed, the company succeeds. We have no reason for wanting to see our associates fail.

typical day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be helping customers with the needs they have. Try to help them as much as you can in getting what they want and what they need. throughout the whole day you learn to be in all kinds of scenarios. Co-workers will help you if you really need their help and get along. One of the hardest part of job is understanding what your customer really wants. The enjoyable part of the job would be getting them what they need and making them happy.
January 4, 2017

Thank you for your review on indeed!

It is nice to hear that you embody what is first and foremost in being a successful sales associate in our company and that is taking care of your customers! We are also very glad to hear that you have learned a lot in your position with us and enjoy your co-workers!

Poor benefits
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 22, 2016
Wireless Express offers very poor benefits and the pay does not compare to similar cell phone retailers. I would not recommend.
January 4, 2017

Our company offers medical, dental, vision, cell phone discounts, 401K match, PTO, holiday pay and a perk rewards program. The insurance plan that is offered to our associates is what is referred to in the insurance industry as a "Cadillac Plan" which is almost unheard of at any company these days-- I am sorry you felt that we don't offer great benefits, however, when doing competitive analysis of other retailers and cell phone dealers, we have found that we actually offer significantly more.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and wish you the very best in your career as you move forward.

Fun and inviting
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 25, 2015
The company ended up downsizing, I'm not sure if they are still around or not. The people were great to work with. I learned a lot about phones witch has been useful.
Great company.
Sales Representative/ M anager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMJune 13, 2015
Leader in cell phone sales in New Mexico area. Learned a lot working for this company. Great sales and communication experience.
Challenging and Rewarding Environment
Multi-Unit Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 19, 2014
Sprint culture is different from any other retail environment. The company is open to accepting ideas from everyone employed with them. The pace is always high as are the expectations. Rewarding, challenging, and fulfilling environment with fantastic people to work around. Technology knowledge and understanding is a must, as well as adaptability, as change is constant.
Not so good
Assistant Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 30, 2013
They are all about the money there. They don't care about their employees at all. They will do anything that they can get away with, legal or not.
good sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IndianaAugust 26, 2013
Cash handling, managing contracts, outside sales and marketing , networking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Express. Our community is ready to answer.