Wireless Lifestyle Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company with Amazing Culture
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 4, 2015
I worked for Wireless Lifestyle for 8 years and lived through the growth of a small company into a moderate sized company that cares about its people. The Executive team is strong in the fast changing environment of Sprint retail, but there can be some disconnect between Sprint and the company as they are run separately.

Through growth of the company, it opens additional career opportunities for those in the company looking to move up. The teamwork atmosphere really stands out.
Pros
Strong leadership and opportunity for growth
Cons
Fast moving environment due to the wireless industry
best company i've ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2016
everything from top to bottom was stellar about this company, the commission structure the management the operations, best experience by far working in any company was working for this company
Good starter job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Good place to get your feet wet in the sales industry. You have to stay on top of promotions more so than any other industry. Great for people who are friendly and are fgood at the face-to-face.
Wireless Lifestyle
Retail Sales for Sprint (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
Served as a customer advocate; assisted customers with billing and expense management, post sale customer education on wireless service and equipment, issue resolution, and technical troubleshooting. Supervised administrative functions, inventory, cash flow, merchandising and operations.
Added growth to management skills
Service & Repair Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville CaliforniaJuly 15, 2013
•Responsible for running the Service and Repair Center with up to 3 employees directly reporting to me.Coached and trained employees while ensuring they are maintaining company standards
Worked one on one with store manager to display/teach leadership and problem resolution skills to motivate and inspire team to be the best in all service and repair metric
Co workers were dependable and open to constructive criticism
Hardest part of job was training on your own in all repair techniques
most enjoyable part of job was working together as a team for the good of the customer.
Pros
personal growth in management
Cons
no room for growth or advancement
Terrible place
I've done it all.. up to store manager (Former Employee) –  kansas cityAugust 24, 2013
Was a 5 yr employee and was a pinnacle top salesman for years. The company rewarded top performers early in my career at wl, as time passed the company grew bigger and got more greedy. Pay continued to decrease as job duitys kept increasing. We became the face of customer service and let customers walk all over us. This is NOT a corporate structure! You are in charge of everything as a manager and have no upper management to go to for help. This company will promise you advancement but will not come through! Take my advice and dont waste your time.
Pros
learn how to sell or your a** is gone!
Cons
everything, you are a wiping mat for customers and company still expects quotas to be met
It's a good job, but very tough to make a career out of
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  4600 W KelloggJune 24, 2015
I honestly would enjoy this company much more if not for the location I was put in which was a kiosk. Working inside a kiosk made it rather difficult to sell to customers due to the already negative stereotype that kiosks have.
Pros
Hour lunches, Hourly + Commission
Cons
Hard to move up, Harassed by management
Good money, tough business.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CA 93612May 8, 2013
Constant multitasking was a regular part of my day at WL. From beginning to end, I was on the go. I learned new aspects of management responsibilities, as I was an assistant manager. There was no official store manager, so I considered the employees "my crew". We had a great working relationship. The job was stressful. The hardest part was making sure that everyone reached their sales quota for the month so it wouldn't fall back on me. The thrill of the sale was always the best part of the job for me.
Pros
commission & benefits
Cons
constant changes in upper management.
Good Starter Job
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
Fun Pl ace to work. Would get 5 stars if hourly and commission was better. Work place was safe and clean. Great Coworkers. You have to work hard to advance but the opportunity is there.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
poor compensation
Paper work, Phones and Plans
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2015
Wireless Lifestyle is a great company to work for. On a typical day my job duties are to learn and study on how to repair, harvest and take apart any and every Sprint phone. I've learned that everyday is never the same and at the end of the day paper work is absolutely number one important thing that matters. Our management team is great because they really do listen to what we have to say and give feed back. Everyone who works at the store brings something to make the team better which makes us one of the busiest store in our district. The hardest part of the job is the customer. They can be very impatient at times and even when you have done everything you can to help them, they still aren't satisfied. The most enjoyable part about work is helping a customers . Nothing is better then having someone come up to you a ask you for your expertise about phone and asking you can help me with my phone.
Pros
cheap cell phone bill
Cons
n/a
Fun and productive!
Retail Store Manager in Traing (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
Helzberg Diamonds has a fun culture and is involved in some of the most precious moments in people's lives. It is exciting and rewarding to be a part of someones history. The hours were not demanding and the merchandise was fun to look through on down time. The only con is the low compensation for selling such high ticket items.
Pros
hours, culture, discount
Cons
low compensation
Stay away
n/a (Current Employee) –  kcJune 24, 2013
Started with WL when they had 30 stores. Management above the DM level is a complete joke. They tell you one thing, others the opposite. All they care about is sales but preach every metric under the sun. Tons of lawsuits, small company pretending to be big while sucking the life out of everyone to make their money.
Cons
pay, benefits, horrible management rd and up
Would rate 0 if possible
RSA (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes market- STE districtOctober 22, 2014
This is by far the worst company ive worked for and i was a repo man for 2 years. Ive never seen this much Bulls*** and sketchiness from 1 company. No one in upper management cares about you or your personal life. They have all sold their souls to the Wireleas Lifestyle devil. They dont have time for their own family so they surely dont care about yours. You will constantly be micromanaged and yelled at for everything you do. My district manager is probably watching me write this review right now over the cameras. No matter how good your sales are there is always something more you could have done. You will never make upper management happy. Im a current sales associate in the STE district and i have hit every monthky quota thrown my way and was not compensated the way i was promised when i got hired. I saw this job post while searching for a new job on my lunch break and didnt have the heart to let someone else be suckered into taking this job. Read the reviews and take the hint. STAY AWAY FROM WL!
Pros
1 hour lunch break to hunt for a new job
Cons
every. single. thing.
Fun and Active work Atmosphere
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 20, 2014
a typical day at work for me would be Opening and or closing the store fallowing with checking in inventory as well as putting away, Cleaning, and taking down the Deposit to the bank.

I learned that being in Retail can be a fun but Challenging environment when you have multiple co-workers with quotas

The Management was not to good when I first started but got better the longer I worked there

The co-workers I worked with were fun and made it a comfortable place to work

I would say the hardest part of my job was to try to and make a sale due to everyone is different so you have to have multiple sales pitches to open and close the deal with customers

what made me enjoy my job is that the customers would come back in months after the bought there product and told me they love it and that they are happy I helped them out
Could Be Better,
Account management (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2012
When i first began working for Wireless Lifestyle, i was overwhelmed with the eagerness to train. WL is very behind training their associates to be the best they can be. However, As a Sales Associate there are misconceptions in the amount of money that will be provided when commission comes into play. WL has a strict "dock commission" policy that has left me struggling for bills more often then i would like to admit. In addition to this, the hiring from within to help one build a career is equivalent to holding ones breathe. i am looking for something a little more progressive that rewards employees for hard work rather then just rewarding them with the pay they are already entitled too.
Pros
fun environment, lots of training available.
Cons
healthcare, advancement, pay
retail sales associate
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 8, 2014
Created and launched new outside marketing strategies that resulted in sales increase.
• Coached new sales associates.
Completed all point of sale opening and closing procedures, including counting the contents of the cash register.
• Alerted customers to upcoming sales events and promotions.
• Cleaned and organized the store, including the checkout desk and displays.
• Priced merchandise, stocked shelves and took inventory of supplies.
• Operated a cash register for cash, check and credit card transactions with [100]% accuracy.
Nice Job Horrible Career
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Great Job Horrible Management
9 Hour Work says
horrible work environment
benefits
Cons
no structure
Avoid this company!!!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2013
They expect unreasonable hours and quotas from their reps and store managers. Everyone is expendable and they do not value any of the hard work or dedication you put in. I unfortunately had to terminate many great individuals for unreasonable issues. The DMs are over worked, the SMs are over worked and underpaid BADLY and not valued one bit. They are very proud of a set of "core values" but it's a joke because those actually mean nothing to them. The VP has the attention span of an 8yr old crack head with ADD and it's obvious when you try to talk to him that he has no interest in what you have to say, can hardly make eye contact and is agitated because he wants to go check out his fantasy sports teams or watch sportscenter, he will only visit when he can go to sporting events. The CEO however is a very motivating and inspirational person, it's just a huge disconnect from his values to what actually happens in the field. When I left this company 80% of all the reps, Store Managers and DMs reached out to me to see if they could get a job with me, I would avoid this company like the plague.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
your working for a terrible company that does not value anything you do.
No time for family
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2014
Expected too much for too little. They do not care if you have a family and never give you a day off. You are expected to achieve high results and bashed if you have a rough month. Not a good place to work! Regional Directors have no clue on what they are doing and have the tendency to micro manage every person below them. They really do nothing except call you every hour to see how things are going. Most of the time they are on their couch thinking of ways to bash you and to push you harder.
Cons
the company does not know how to treat or keep their employees. turnover rate is in the 80% range
Great place to work, and have fun while getting the job done
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2012
Good place to work and if you take care of business they will recognize you and there is going to be advancement opportunities come up for sure.
Pros
everything
Cons
retail

2.9