Wireless Lifestyle Employee Reviews

Wireless Nightmare
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MONovember 15, 2017
You can make good money so long as you are assigned to a busy location that has buying traffic. It's sales so there is no perfect science to traffic patterns, but if your store has a staff of only a few people compared to busy stores that have a 6 person headcount you aren't going to make any money outside the holiday season and sales you go make on the street and get appointments for. You can also be docked commission on future checks if your customer cancelled in under 6 months or even later if they don't pay their bill on time and get suspended. A typical day is filled with people coming in with issues on their bill needing fixed. Unfortunately Wireless Lifestyle is only an authorized dealer and getting errors on the billing fixed means you call and talk to the same foreign call centers that the customer came in to avoid. At which point the customer gets upset that you can't fix it faster. Everything you do can generate a text survey to your customer 24 hours later. The manager and you lose out on money when the customer gives anything less than a 9 on a 0-10 scale. The question unfortunately asks the customer how they would rate Sprint and doesn't clue them in at all that the grade is actually for you and affects your pay. If you're lucky you get to the end of the month expecting a nice bonus only to lose it because someone comes in at the end of the month to pay their past due bill and gives a 0 on the survey because they are mad about the price. Every customer is mad about the price because Sprint's target Customer base is to people mad about their bill with their current  more... carrier.  less
Pros
1 hour Lunch, comfortable inside job
Cons
Overtime can be mandatory, high inflated quota can keep you from making any commission
Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 2, 2017
The work environment is good. I did not have a problem working there. I did not voluntarily quit..it just did not work out there. I would recommend working there.
na
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 2, 2017
it's cool at first but then you start to notice the lack of professionalism the management has. instead of promoting people that deserve it they give the job to the people who still need training. favoritism!
never again
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 27, 2017
horrible place you could work rain sleet snow u had to be there they didn't care about you or ur family nor anything else I never got to see my kids I was always at work
OK at Best
Service and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
This position was ok. Pay was decent and the store environment was cool since the staff got along and we did our best to make it fun. Management was lazy and really did not care. They just wanted to get their check and that's about it.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
lack of good managment, hours, work/life balance
High turn over, quick advancement
Trainer (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2017
There is a high turnover rate in all positions which turns those that get chosen to advance/promote are not ready or properly trained. Decent work life balance if you are in upper management but not as balanced on a store level. Compensation needs attention. Management is decent, but because there isn't sufficient training or development they are unable to be fully successful.
Pros
Amazing incentives for Sales Associates, Store Managers, District Managers, and Regional Directors
Cons
Management does not listen to Associate's ideas or suggestions and vice versa
Great Company
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 10, 2017
Wireless Lifestyle is a great company to work for, while the pay leaves a little to be desired, the company really cares about its employees. The work/life balance is a little rough, especially in management.
You will dread going to work everyday
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MissouriApril 3, 2017
Management is constantly coming up with new pitches/techniques. I was taught to never give the customer the option for insurance, it was put on every phone sold regardless. There are some pretty shady things that go on in a certain market. KCW

No matter how many new lines you sell, you should have always got more, or sold an emerging product with it for christ sakes!

This company does not give a shi& about you, only the $$$$.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Hourly pay, commission, management
Good Company Just Bad Management Practices
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  779 E Yosemite Ave Suite B, Merced, CA, 95348March 18, 2017
Management is still green in the region and spread way to thin. Managment in my opinion needs to have more of a leadership mentality rather than having a "boss" mentality. The company has a very high turnover rate due to the unreasonable sales quota expectations and upsell quota expectations in an extremely small window of "allowable" time per customer. In the course of my 7 monnths stint with Wireless Lifestyle I made the company a projected $750,000.00 in gross sales on my own, yet I was paid peanuts and only grossed my own $10,2000 in wages. That's 1.3% of the money I made them. The company has a great idea, but poor execution here in the central valley.
Pros
Great Ideas
Cons
Poor management and execution
Fun Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMarch 10, 2017
The job was fun, the people you work with are fun, the management makes certain that the job is unbearable however. Meeting your quota is easy if you're even an average salesman, but it'll have little effect on your paycheck since the commission is so terrible. Good for college students that don't mind being disrespected on a regular basis.
Rough like a dog
Retails Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des PeresFebruary 15, 2017
They got mad when I went to HR Harassment, then got mad when I tried to help disgruntled employees. Instead of trying to help these employees become happy, they wanted to point fingers. I walked around a store that was said to multiple customers, :"this is our big happy homosexual store,: referring to everyone but me. Guess what, three of the four are gone, and the fourth will be gone by spring. You can only throw this junk against wall so may times, and hopes it sticks. It was serious enough, I have talked to a lawyer.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
where so you begin, lol?
Unaintainable Living Wages
Retails Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 20, 2017
I think Sprint as a company is a great company when it comes to wireless services. I worked in a store where I was in a minority for being straight, and this was not taken seriously when taken to management. They instead just used a loophole to get me out. I had $200 taken from a check because of a court clause with my daughter for healthcare and didn't find out until the day I got paid my paycheck. When I found out, I was in shock, as I had rent due. When addressed to HR, they said, "oh, I meant to send that to you that that money was going to be taken out." They are only about the numbers, not about the employees. I hit my goals every month, with a tumor on my pancreas, but it was more important for them to see bigger numbers and not care about me as a person. The commission wasn't even that great either. The guy that hit number two in the whole region, only received a $400 commission check. Not worth it unless you are desperate.
Pros
You get an hourly check
Cons
Read above
Sprint
Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
The environment at Sprint is really amazing. Co-workers always enjoy a little friendly competition and come into work ready to get the day going with sales. The hardest part of the job is selling emerging products such as a tablet or a pocket Wi-Fi. The most enjoyable was being able to go to work events and the spiffs and rewards for being a good salesman. There is room for growth and opportunity and the job is pretty fun. I gained a lot of knowledge on selling and products and customer service.
Pros
Hour breaks, paid vacation, etc.
Cons
Parking and store hours.
Stay Away
Sprint Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 9, 2017
Not a good place to work if you have family. If you have no family no life and don't care about your employeer taking credit for your work then this is the place for you.
Stressful, long hours, but you get insurance so thats nice
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I started with sprint a few years ago and the job has changed ... A LOT. Back in the days of 2 year contracts the job was simple two plans to pick from and flat rates for most devices. Now its very different. The job itself is not difficult but it is very stressful . The hours are long unless you do part time. An average day for a full time employee is either from 9 to 6 pm or worse 12 to 9 pm. And as a closer 9 pm could mean 10. you have to keep track of A LOT of plans, promotions, competitor rates. Customers can be terrible a lot of the time and stress follows you. Management is on your you about hitting quotas and making sales consistently, If you do bad or even average you hear from management constantly. If you do great or even ABOVE AVERAGE you'll get a gift card at the end of the year for $20 bucks as a thank you because you made the company 60% more money than most other employees. Its offensive honestly. Employees gossip and chat about each other constantly but you get that at any job really. There is potential to move up but it takes a while and unless your looking to becoming a DM or relocating to KS the highest you'll go is a store manager. If you value your sanity and peace in your life i would work past part time. Pay us very average compared to other companies and commission is very below average.
Pros
insurance, discounted phone rate, working with electronics
Cons
long hours, not very good management, bad omission checks
laid back stress free environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 3, 2017
a typical day at work included coming in setting up and managing any transaction making sure everything is done correctly and in a reasonable amount of time
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WI 54650December 1, 2016
Wireless Lifestyle s one of the best companies to work for honestly, everyone is treated like family and everyone works together as a team to reach our goals.
Terrible upper management
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2016
The pay is low compared to the rest of the industry, the stores are constantly understaffed by two to three people, management any higher than store level will all be involved in your daily operations as a rep, and often give or ask for conflicting information. The necessary tools for the job are frequently not provided, including functional internet speeds in most of stores, crippled further still by a whitelist internet filter, set with only a handful of internal sites you're allowed to go to. The people who work in the stores are typically very friendly, and you can definitely make some life long friends, and interacting with customers can be fun.
Good sales experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 2, 2016
Expectations without good compensation. Worked sixty hours a week until it made me so sick i couldn't work. Higher up management was great. In store managers were the absolute worst. Good startup for people wanting sales experience.
Have Fun and Create new ways to sale!! Have your own pitches!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 11, 2016
During my shifts at work I constantly think of new ideas on how to improve. I take down notes when I hear advice from peers. I read over my notes and apply them to my sales pitches. I also ask as many questions during the day so I can be better. I like to role play with my co-workers about certain scenarios. It really helps me to visualize how to interact with customers. I also do online training about policies, learn about new products and new promotions. The most enjoyable part of the day is after I look at my total sales for the day. It is a good motivator to keep doing what I am doing.
Pros
Commission Checks
Cons
Hours/Shifts