Wireless Lifestyle Employee Reviews

Rough like a dog
Retails Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des PeresFebruary 15, 2017
They got mad when I went to HR Harassment, then got mad when I tried to help disgruntled employees. Instead of trying to help these employees become happy, they wanted to point fingers. I walked around a store that was said to multiple customers, :"this is our big happy homosexual store,: referring to everyone but me. Guess what, three of the four are gone, and the fourth will be gone by spring. You can only throw this junk against wall so may times, and hopes it sticks. It was serious enough, I have talked to a lawyer.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
where so you begin, lol?
Unaintainable Living Wages
Retails Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 20, 2017
I think Sprint as a company is a great company when it comes to wireless services. I worked in a store where I was in a minority for being straight, and this was not taken seriously when taken to management. They instead just used a loophole to get me out. I had $200 taken from a check because of a court clause with my daughter for healthcare and didn't find out until the day I got paid my paycheck. When I found out, I was in shock, as I had rent due. When addressed to HR, they said, "oh, I meant to send that to you that that money was going to be taken out." They are only about the numbers, not about the employees. I hit my goals every month, with a tumor on my pancreas, but it was more important for them to see bigger numbers and not care about me as a person. The commission wasn't even that great either. The guy that hit number two in the whole region, only received a $400 commission check. Not worth it unless you are desperate.
Pros
You get an hourly check
Cons
Read above
Sprint
Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
The environment at Sprint is really amazing. Co-workers always enjoy a little friendly competition and come into work ready to get the day going with sales. The hardest part of the job is selling emerging products such as a tablet or a pocket Wi-Fi. The most enjoyable was being able to go to work events and the spiffs and rewards for being a good salesman. There is room for growth and opportunity and the job is pretty fun. I gained a lot of knowledge on selling and products and customer service.
Pros
Hour breaks, paid vacation, etc.
Cons
Parking and store hours.
Stay Away
Sprint Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 9, 2017
Not a good place to work if you have family. If you have no family no life and don't care about your employeer taking credit for your work then this is the place for you.
laid back stress free environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 3, 2017
a typical day at work included coming in setting up and managing any transaction making sure everything is done correctly and in a reasonable amount of time
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WI 54650December 1, 2016
Wireless Lifestyle s one of the best companies to work for honestly, everyone is treated like family and everyone works together as a team to reach our goals.
Terrible upper management
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2016
The pay is low compared to the rest of the industry, the stores are constantly understaffed by two to three people, management any higher than store level will all be involved in your daily operations as a rep, and often give or ask for conflicting information. The necessary tools for the job are frequently not provided, including functional internet speeds in most of stores, crippled further still by a whitelist internet filter, set with only a handful of internal sites you're allowed to go to. The people who work in the stores are typically very friendly, and you can definitely make some life long friends, and interacting with customers can be fun.
Good sales experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 2, 2016
Expectations without good compensation. Worked sixty hours a week until it made me so sick i couldn't work. Higher up management was great. In store managers were the absolute worst. Good startup for people wanting sales experience.
Have Fun and Create new ways to sale!! Have your own pitches!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 11, 2016
During my shifts at work I constantly think of new ideas on how to improve. I take down notes when I hear advice from peers. I read over my notes and apply them to my sales pitches. I also ask as many questions during the day so I can be better. I like to role play with my co-workers about certain scenarios. It really helps me to visualize how to interact with customers. I also do online training about policies, learn about new products and new promotions. The most enjoyable part of the day is after I look at my total sales for the day. It is a good motivator to keep doing what I am doing.
Pros
Commission Checks
Cons
Hours/Shifts
Wireless Lifestyle
Retail Sales for Sprint (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
Served as a customer advocate; assisted customers with billing and expense management, post sale customer education on wireless service and equipment, issue resolution, and technical troubleshooting. Supervised administrative functions, inventory, cash flow, merchandising and operations.

Want to know more about Wireless Lifestyle?

Ask a question
best company i've ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2016
everything from top to bottom was stellar about this company, the commission structure the management the operations, best experience by far working in any company was working for this company
Good starter job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Good place to get your feet wet in the sales industry. You have to stay on top of promotions more so than any other industry. Great for people who are friendly and are fgood at the face-to-face.
Great Company with Amazing Culture
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 4, 2015
I worked for Wireless Lifestyle for 8 years and lived through the growth of a small company into a moderate sized company that cares about its people. The Executive team is strong in the fast changing environment of Sprint retail, but there can be some disconnect between Sprint and the company as they are run separately.

Through growth of the company, it opens additional career opportunities for those in the company looking to move up. The teamwork atmosphere really stands out.
Pros
Strong leadership and opportunity for growth
Cons
Fast moving environment due to the wireless industry
It's a good job, but very tough to make a career out of
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  4600 W KelloggJune 24, 2015
I honestly would enjoy this company much more if not for the location I was put in which was a kiosk. Working inside a kiosk made it rather difficult to sell to customers due to the already negative stereotype that kiosks have.
Pros
Hour lunches, Hourly + Commission
Cons
Hard to move up, Harassed by management
Good Starter Job
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
Fun Pl ace to work. Would get 5 stars if hourly and commission was better. Work place was safe and clean. Great Coworkers. You have to work hard to advance but the opportunity is there.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Poor Compensation
Paper work, Phones and Plans
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2015
Wireless Lifestyle is a great company to work for. On a typical day my job duties are to learn and study on how to repair, harvest and take apart any and every Sprint phone. I've learned that everyday is never the same and at the end of the day paper work is absolutely number one important thing that matters. Our management team is great because they really do listen to what we have to say and give feed back. Everyone who works at the store brings something to make the team better which makes us one of the busiest store in our district. The hardest part of the job is the customer. They can be very impatient at times and even when you have done everything you can to help them, they still aren't satisfied. The most enjoyable part about work is helping a customers . Nothing is better then having someone come up to you a ask you for your expertise about phone and asking you can help me with my phone.
Pros
Cheap cell phone bill
Cons
n/a
Great Company, Small Company
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 30, 2014
This company treated me great. The relationships built along the way were great and the feel of a small company is second to none.
Pros
Cheap Phone plan, Contests w/ incentives
Cons
Low Pay, Low Inventory on Products
Would rate 0 if possible
RSA (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes market- STE districtOctober 22, 2014
This is by far the worst company ive worked for and i was a repo man for 2 years. Ive never seen this much Bulls*** and sketchiness from 1 company. No one in upper management cares about you or your personal life. They have all sold their souls to the Wireleas Lifestyle devil. They dont have time for their own family so they surely dont care about yours. You will constantly be micromanaged and yelled at for everything you do. My district manager is probably watching me write this review right now over the cameras. No matter how good your sales are there is always something more you could have done. You will never make upper management happy. Im a current sales associate in the STE district and i have hit every monthky quota thrown my way and was not compensated the way i was promised when i got hired. I saw this job post while searching for a new job on my lunch break and didnt have the heart to let someone else be suckered into taking this job. Read the reviews and take the hint. STAY AWAY FROM WL!
Pros
1 hour lunch break to hunt for a new job
Cons
every. single. thing.
Fun and productive!
Retail Store Manager in Traing (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
Helzberg Diamonds has a fun culture and is involved in some of the most precious moments in people's lives. It is exciting and rewarding to be a part of someones history. The hours were not demanding and the merchandise was fun to look through on down time. The only con is the low compensation for selling such high ticket items.
Pros
Hours, Culture, Discount
Cons
Low Compensation
company closed
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2014
company closed, was fun to work for people great but sad to work at the same time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Lifestyle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8