Wireless Zone

Wireless Zone Employee Reviews

Productive and a good place to work i learned a lot there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Connecticut, NYJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting customers with their purchases and problems they might have with selection of items. At wireless zone i learned the value of working as a team other than apart, management treats everyone with the respect they deserve. Hardest part of the job is assisting noncooperative customers, The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers leaving happy & satisfied.
Great owners and company
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Essexville, MIMay 20, 2015
Pros: great to work for everyday
Cons: none
I loved working here. Only left for a better opportunity to expand my experience. They tought me how to operate through verizon's network, learned eRoes, and cellsell
Wireless Zone = mmmm
Sr Sales Rep / Acting Manager (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: no benefits at all.
Wireless Zone is a franchise, and because of that each store is different and dependent on the individual owner. The owner's I have heard of and worked with are super cheap and don't pay good money. It's also not a corporate type of franchise, so there are no uniform rules or benefits. It's just a mess of a franchise. The franchise also does everything they can to take more money from the owners. This in turn makes it so employees can't be fairly compensated.
Fun work environment, fast food pay
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Huntingdon, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Lenient Schedule, Fun working environment, benefits
Cons: Management, pay
This company especially the one in Huntingdon is a joke. It never use to be like that but then you hand the company over to a young greedy adult whose never ran a business before, it can quickly turn into a disaster. They promise a high pay based on performance (up to $50,000/ year), but nothing is individualized you can work your butt off for them and your pay will reflect whose on the bottom of the totem pole ($25,000/year). Do not recommend !! A bunch of broken promises. If your from Tyrone and know someone you'll probably have a better experience.
Everyday duties
Store Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2015
• Achieve personal and store sales goals
• Assist associates with building strong customer relationships and making excellent
recommendations
• Push sales performances by motivation, training, and other forms of creative techniques
• Maintain the high visual standards of the company
• Maintain the daytoday
operations of the location including: inventory, paperwork, deposits,
and scheduling
• Train and develop a team and make staff changes
• Oversee the implementation of new store policies, codes, and programs
• Stay current on all of the technology that we have to offer
Terrible, Unprofessional Place to Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAApril 7, 2015
I had the unfortunate experience of working for the Wireless Zone on South Main Street in Blacksburg (in the First&Main Plaza). I only kept the job for 2 weeks before I just couldn't take anymore of the unprofessional environment and rudeness that I was receiving, not only from the employees (WHO WERE SUPPOSE TO BE TRAINING ME), but also the manager and owner.

The employees who were suppose to be – more... training me were incredibly rude and not helpful at all. They gave off the vibe that I was a burden and they didn't have time to put in the effort to train me properly. I don't think I've been treated this poorly by any job before. When I tried to contact the manager about my concerns, he just told me that I seemed to be struggling with the job and told me it probably wasn't for me anyway. WHAT? He didn't even attempt to resolve the problem I was having with the other employees.

Finally, after one of the employees shooed me out of the way when I was trying to wait on a customer but needed help logging into my employee account, I was DONE. I walked out and never looked back. Dealing with all of that was not worth 7.50 an hour (full-time hours) with no benefits.

On top of all that, this business is very poorly managed. The employees sit around all day like they are miserable. The owner or manager are rarely ever there. And they purchase cheap accessories off of Amazon.com and sell them to unsuspecting customers at outrageous prices.

My advice? BEWARE!

This is definitely not the place to work if you value your sanity. – less
horrible place to work
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windham, CTApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Management is horrible, job is horrible, pay is horrible. The culture is of a cult following, yet the pay is like Mcdonalds.
Good Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMarch 31, 2015
Good place to work while it was open. Customers were easy to deal with. Positive work environment. Eas job tasks to learn and do.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Derby, CTMarch 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be opening the store making sure all display phones were clean charged and working cleaning and sweep around the store waited for customers to arrive and made my monthly phone calls for customers who were ready for an upgrade or adding lines. I've learned to be more patient and the customer needs are always first. My manager was bright and friendly with an ambitious side to him and wanted his employees to strive for more. My coworkers were excellent and very understanding and always helpful. The hardest part of my job was making the quota and upselling. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Overall great company to work with
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Hockessin, DEFebruary 24, 2015
Flexible
Fast paced
Something new everyday
Develop close relationships with employees and customers alike
Average paid time off and benefits
Great opportunity to work for a locally owned Verizon Wireless store.
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Medway, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: locally owned
Cons: lack of management
The two biggest parts of this job consist of selling Verizon Wireless products to customers, and to provide customer service to Verizon Wireless customers. There are different commission structures depending on if you are part time or full time but both depend on the gross profit you take in each week. The hardest part of this job was not having a manager or owner in my particular store when I was working. This made it difficult for stocking inventory, when there were questions about the computer systems, or other general questions. It is nice knowing the person that signs your check, as many other Verizon wireless retailers have a much more corporate feel.
Very laid back and pretygood pay at the time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Emmaus, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, built customer repor
Cons: cant really think of any
was very close with the owner of the store had no issues great work environment laid back decent pay at the time commission totally helped
Fun, challenging and ever changing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Howell, MIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, fun, ever changing
Cons: making cold calls, the fluctuation of pay
Co-workers, managers and owners are great. Fun place to work. Hardest part of the job is staying on top of the ever changing technology and promotions. Most enjoyable part is being able to help someone whether its with a setting on a phone or a billing issue.
Commission based income is just not suitable for my current situation.
This could potentially be a very fun and productive environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJanuary 2, 2015
The management of the company isn't the best or most organized group. The company is flooded with gossip and rumors about the management. Overall, it wasn't, to me, the kind of place you wake up and want to go to everyday.
Great team environment, no room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), New HampshireDecember 29, 2014
if you surround yourself with the right team, this a great place to work but it offers no room for growth.
amazing place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Burlington MADecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay, great team
Cons: long hours, long drive
The ownership group is one of the best teams I have ever worked for. The team truly cares about each employee and you are not just another number to them. The pay is good and the harder you work the more money you can make. The days are long and some days are better than others but overall this is one for my favorite jobs I have had
Nice work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), o'connor, txOctober 8, 2014
Nice work place with plenty of opportunity to learn. Loved working at Wireless Zone.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Manager & Installation Expert (Former Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: low pay
Great company- great owners...would definitely work there again, still in contact with owner to this day and he still wants me to come back and work there!!!
Productive busy sales environment
Sales (Former Employee), Newport, VTAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with the customers every day. I opened the store daily. I learned a lot about sales and had to learn the sales systems in the computer. I am a very fast learner. I had only one other full time employee and we worked very closely as a team. I am very reliable and easy going.
Good company to gain experience
Assistant mgr/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2014
Good company to gain experience. the room for advancement has increase seeing that its a growing company

1 2 3