Wireless Zone

Wireless Zone United States Employee Reviews

Everyday duties
Store Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2015
• Achieve personal and store sales goals
• Assist associates with building strong customer relationships and making excellent
recommendations
• Push sales performances by motivation, training, and other forms of creative techniques
• Maintain the high visual standards of the company
• Maintain the daytoday
operations of the location including: inventory, paperwork, deposits,
and scheduling
• Train and develop a team and make staff changes
• Oversee the implementation of new store policies, codes, and programs
• Stay current on all of the technology that we have to offer
Terrible, Unprofessional Place to Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAApril 7, 2015
I had the unfortunate experience of working for the Wireless Zone on South Main Street in Blacksburg (in the First&Main Plaza). I only kept the job for 2 weeks before I just couldn't take anymore of the unprofessional environment and rudeness that I was receiving, not only from the employees (WHO WERE SUPPOSE TO BE TRAINING ME), but also the manager and owner.

The employees who were suppose to be training me were incredibly rude and not helpful at all. They gave off the vibe that I was a burden and they didn't have time to put in the effort to train me properly. I don't think I've been treated this poorly by any job before. When I tried to contact the manager about my concerns, he just told me that I seemed to be struggling with the job and told me it probably wasn't for me anyway. WHAT? He didn't even attempt to resolve the problem I was having with the other employees.

Finally, after one of the employees shooed me out of the way when I was trying to wait on a customer but needed help logging into my employee account, I was DONE. I walked out and never looked back. Dealing with all of that was not worth 7.50 an hour (full-time hours) with no benefits.

On top of all that, this business is very poorly managed. The employees sit around all day like they are miserable. The owner or manager are rarely ever there. And they purchase cheap accessories off of Amazon.com and sell them to unsuspecting customers at outrageous prices.

My advice? BEWARE!

This is definitely not the place to work if you value your sanity.
horrible place to work
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windham, CTApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Management is horrible, job is horrible, pay is horrible. The culture is of a cult following, yet the pay is like Mcdonalds.
Good Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMarch 31, 2015
Good place to work while it was open. Customers were easy to deal with. Positive work environment. Eas job tasks to learn and do.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Derby, CTMarch 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be opening the store making sure all display phones were clean charged and working cleaning and sweep around the store waited for customers to arrive and made my monthly phone calls for customers who were ready for an upgrade or adding lines. I've learned to be more patient and the customer needs are always first. My manager was bright and friendly with an ambitious side to him and wanted his employees to strive for more. My coworkers were excellent and very understanding and always helpful. The hardest part of my job was making the quota and upselling. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Overall great company to work with
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Hockessin, DEFebruary 24, 2015
Flexible
Fast paced
Something new everyday
Develop close relationships with employees and customers alike
Average paid time off and benefits
Great opportunity to work for a locally owned Verizon Wireless store.
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Medway, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: locally owned
Cons: lack of management
The two biggest parts of this job consist of selling Verizon Wireless products to customers, and to provide customer service to Verizon Wireless customers. There are different commission structures depending on if you are part time or full time but both depend on the gross profit you take in each week. The hardest part of this job was not having a manager or owner in my particular store when I was working. This made it difficult for stocking inventory, when there were questions about the computer systems, or other general questions. It is nice knowing the person that signs your check, as many other Verizon wireless retailers have a much more corporate feel.
Very laid back and pretygood pay at the time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Emmaus, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, built customer repor
Cons: cant really think of any
was very close with the owner of the store had no issues great work environment laid back decent pay at the time commission totally helped
Fun, challenging and ever changing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Howell, MIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, fun, ever changing
Cons: making cold calls, the fluctuation of pay
Co-workers, managers and owners are great. Fun place to work. Hardest part of the job is staying on top of the ever changing technology and promotions. Most enjoyable part is being able to help someone whether its with a setting on a phone or a billing issue.
Commission based income is just not suitable for my current situation.
This could potentially be a very fun and productive environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJanuary 2, 2015
The management of the company isn't the best or most organized group. The company is flooded with gossip and rumors about the management. Overall, it wasn't, to me, the kind of place you wake up and want to go to everyday.
Great team environment, no room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), New HampshireDecember 29, 2014
if you surround yourself with the right team, this a great place to work but it offers no room for growth.
amazing place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Burlington MADecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay, great team
Cons: long hours, long drive
The ownership group is one of the best teams I have ever worked for. The team truly cares about each employee and you are not just another number to them. The pay is good and the harder you work the more money you can make. The days are long and some days are better than others but overall this is one for my favorite jobs I have had
Nice work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), o'connor, txOctober 8, 2014
Nice work place with plenty of opportunity to learn. Loved working at Wireless Zone.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Manager & Installation Expert (Former Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: low pay
Great company- great owners...would definitely work there again, still in contact with owner to this day and he still wants me to come back and work there!!!
Productive busy sales environment
Sales (Former Employee), Newport, VTAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with the customers every day. I opened the store daily. I learned a lot about sales and had to learn the sales systems in the computer. I am a very fast learner. I had only one other full time employee and we worked very closely as a team. I am very reliable and easy going.
Good company to gain experience
Assistant mgr/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2014
Good company to gain experience. the room for advancement has increase seeing that its a growing company
unorganized work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hackettstown, NJMay 29, 2014
people were great but they under paid and the workspace was always cluttered
Slow but fun with a good group of people.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Laplace, LAMay 5, 2014
Most of my days at work were very slow. It wasn't very many people coming in the store with so much other competition around. I spent most of my days making sure the store was correct and clean for our customers. I learn a lot of management skills. I already knew about phones and how to present the products to people. Ones the manager and all the workers quit, I had to run the store alone for 3 months. I trained workers and managers along the way. All of my coworkers were very good people. They worked hard and together my entire experience. The hardest part about my job was bringing in customers. Because the competition was so high and our advertising was bad, we had a hard time getting the public to buy from us. So the company shut a lot of the stores down. The most enjoyable part was just being at work. I'm so fascinated by phones and technology being at work was like being home. I love being around people making them smile so putting those 2 together is like giving me cake and letting me eat it too.
Good commission, room for advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Torrington, CTMay 3, 2014
Pros: commission is good. trainings and gas mileage is paid for/reimbursed
Cons: not much traffic comes to the store and the fact it is not corporate limits business.
The company is a premium retailer of Verizon. The days drag unless it is holiday season. You have to have a social and confident attitude. You also have to have a knowledge of all the products and services.
Nice company to work for
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Norwich, CTApril 5, 2014
Payroll, A/P, A/R, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales. Co workers and owner of company are all great people to work with. Enjoy working here

1 2 3