WIS International

WIS International United States Employee Reviews

Terrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: *If you have a pule, you're hired. They hire EVERYBODY. *Interesting people *Most of my managers were cool.
Cons: *Unpaid travel, very odd work hours, VERY low pay, no paid time off, no benefits, dirty stores, dirty vans, overall negative environment, CPH system
Typical day at work- spend hours in a dirty van, do the boring job, get back in van, hate life when you get back home. Even a short shift feels like forever. The shifts are anywhere from 2-18 hours.

What I learned- that this company does not care for its employees AT ALL.

Management- The managers are all right; it's not their fault the company is terrible. I'm talking about the people on top. They couldn't care less. It's all about the bottom line.

Co-workers- Best part of the job; interesting people, and a lot of new hires. Most WIS workers are genuinely good people which makes me sad that they for for What Is Sleep.

Hardest part of the job- getting motivated to actually do the job, and the odd hours and the travel. Often you get little sleep. And the company does not care about you.

Best part- like I said, the co-workers.
PATHETIC
Counter (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Paid travel
Cons: EVERYTHING
I could write pages on how bad this company is to work for. I only worked there 2 days and I'm surprised I stayed there that long. HORRIBLE bosses and HORRENDOUS co-workers who care nothing about doing a quality job. Half assed everything we were supposed to count and half of my coworkers went to the PARKING LOT of the stores we were counting at to smoke weed and when we pulled in at a gas station to get gas, 2 of my coworkers even got out of the car beside the SUPERVISOR pumping gas to smoke weed. Directly on the main road. It was just pathetic. And to top everything off, they jipped me a day of work. I contacted the main boss 9 times via email and made about 100 phone calls and never received a deposit.
Stressful environment and management
Driver/Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Driver pay
Cons: Odd hours, pay, stress, and management
Very stressful place to work for. Minimum wage pay. Very odd hours and lots of traveling. No room for advancement. Very hard to want to strive for perfection.
Inventory clerk
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was very simple . It consisted of counting really and multiplying . I learned you have to work quick ,you have to get adjusted to different work areas . The managers were very understand to my needs and about my transportation . The co workers were very helpful and understanding. The hardest part about the job was the location .
Not my ideal job
Area Recruiter Trainer (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 29, 2015
Working for this company was a learning experience. Hardest part was the hours and being on your feet all day and there was no personal time for yourself and the pay is not good.
FULL OF OUTGOIN OPENMINDED PEOPLE.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: HOTEL STAY
Cons: N/A
WORKING AT WIS INTERNATINAL COMPANY WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT I ENJOYED TRAVELING TO DIFFERNT PARTZ OF THE CITY MEETING OTHER PEOPLE WHERE EVER WE WOULD GO AN ESPECIALLY VIEWING THE SITES LOVELY.
the job is horrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: discounts on some stuff
Cons: short breaks, horrible management
work early mornings sometimes only for 2 hours. no commitment to their employees. poor quality shirts. horrible staff.
No day is the same as another
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 27, 2015
Pros: company provides transportation to/from job site
Cons: no healthcare provided for MA workers
We have the opportunity to travel out of state in order to count product in different retail establishments. Company provides shirts. Hardest part of job is when you are trying to count some merchandise and the customers get in the way.
If I could give no stars I would
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Get paid weekly, Don't have to interact with people
Cons: The hours, The people you work with, The pay, No benefits, No paid time off
A typical day at work is some sort of drama. It's just like high school all over again. Everybody is so busy in other people buisness and trying to make relationships nobody works.The managers show favoritism, the co-workers do whatever they want. The hardest part of the job is trying to not get into any of the drama. I've been here for a couple years and I would not recommend my enemy to work here. The managers act like they are scared of the employees and the hours are very crazy you never know when you are going to get home and sometimes you have to leave out your house 3 and 4 in the morning to have the drivers pick you up late this is a bad company. They do hire people with a criminal background though.If you are going to work here good luck.
Great Team Spirit with Just Enough Friendly Competition
Traveling Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Paid Travel
Cons: Occasional inter-team Drama; Long hours
The average day is pretty simple. You have to be able to deal with doing a fairly repetitive job that changes little from day to day, however. This is a fast-paced environment that encourages you to your best. The hardest part of the job is managing to to be fast enough to keep up, especially since you are on your feet and going the entire day. The hours can be really long, sometimes 13-15+ hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people. Your entire team, co-workers and management, are all there with you and keeping you pumped up throughout the day. The spirit of teamwork was amazing, though you do occasionally have to deal with drama and gossip.
flexible
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 25, 2015
good hours , good pay, flexible. if you need an over night job this would work best for you. six month annual assessment and raises.
Fun but tiring
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Corona, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Fun, new environments
Cons: excessive travel with low pay
WIS is a cool place to work at is you wish to meet a lot of different kinds of people and see many different places, but the pay in not worth the travel that is required. Also the excessive travel and shifting schedule does not allow much time for other activities
The job was easy once u got the hang of it
inventory clerk (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaApril 23, 2015
Cons: more mini managers than employees, they were messy
No training, they expect you to know things. Managers were rude, disrespectful. Employees like to gossip, very unprofessional
Enjoyable job
Nick Cooper (Former Employee), 2775 S. Rainbow Blvd Suite 101-B Las Vegas, NV.April 22, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced
Cons: The driving
Nice to go into so many different places and just count inventory for other companies.
I seen inventory from a different view
Management was great
Co-workers made it enjoyable
different places
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: unorganized
This job was a first and last time experience in this line of work. They were very unorganized and family oriented. They didn't understand the meaning of team work. The best thing was we got to travel.
If you have other options, STAY AWAY.....
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Healthcare package, You meet some good people
Cons: Area and Regional Managers, Hours, Pay
If you have a family or any type of hobbies or social life then this place is not for you. As a Inventory Manager expect 10 plus hour shifts with ease. Expect to come in at 3am and not end your day until 7pm, then have to be back in at 3am again the next morning. If the job is out of town expect to be forced to drive the crew while you are still exhausted, while everyone else including the Area Manager sleeps (nice to hear those snores for 2 hours). No formal training when you start, you are thrown in left to figure things out and help with no clue. As a manager that's not a great perception to the inventory staff, but you try. They rather have you in stores standing around versus taking the time to learn the business in a nice training platform. Your training class is at home on your own personal time...No Pay...you're on salary they got you now...

Not a great compensation amount for what they expect from you. Now if you are a loner and don't sleep much, then this is perfect for you...

I'm in a long list of Inventory Managers that have come and gone. Once I heard from the staff that have been around for years, about how they've seen so many IMs leave and they are surprised that you are still there...RED FLAG...it's almost a running joke.

Prepare for some office politics, working with a few ex-cons, some staff with poor personal hygiene, a junky office, junky work vans and of course the many equipment breakdowns that will mess up your day...

I did meet quite a few people that were great to talk to, and connect with. I did have a few very solid days, – more... just not enough balance to make things work for me.

Trust me I'm not a angry ex employee, I did not get fired...I left on my own choice and my own terms and I feel sooo much better for doing so. You look at the website and you see a lot of good things happening around the country at WIS, its just not happening at this office. I bought into the hype the dream that was painted during interviews..but was deflated very quickly. I never put reviews for things, even things that I buy but I feel I should let the next person know exactly what to expect here.

Best of luck, you may be the one that can make it work. – less
Productive and respectful place
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2015
taught me how to do inventory, the managers were nice and respectful, the hardest part is fixing the discrepancies, the most enjoyable part was traveling
low pay, most all coworkers treat each other terrible, no sleep, no days off, no gratitude.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIApril 13, 2015
Pros: Sometimes meet cool people.
Cons: Terrible work environment, lack of sleep, drama, don't have to receive break, too much van time, no personal time whatsoever.
If you want a job where work (sucky work at that) is your entire life, then this is it. You will spend all your time in a van with too many people who basically hate on each other all the time and in stores. You lose two hours of pay just driving to and from stores. Your raises depend on how fast you are at counting. You might get a machine that works properly, you might not. You'll almost never be sincerely praised for anything you accomplish. Raises and promotions usually only come when no one else is available to do the job, or if they just don't want you to quit. There is no productive communication. You are not paid nearly enough for the amount of work they expect you to do. They do not take your family life into account at all. They don't care if you get sick, you'll just be scheduled less because you didn't show up, so there goes your money. This is a terrible job, and really only good for those who have absolutely nothing else to do and no friends or family to spend time with.
Horrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Pennsauken New JerseyApril 10, 2015
This is just not a good company to work . Not good hours or good managers. They need to be more proffesional and not stuck up.
bad hours and no hours
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Lake City, FlApril 6, 2015
Pros: part time job
Cons: no break no hours a
you inventory huge stores and each store has a manager that wants it done a differnt way. once you learn to get the job done fast and right you are fine. the bad thing is you only work about 4 hours a day so this is better as a part time job and work starts at 3am

1 2 3 4 5

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Salaries