WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

Every day was an adventure, and great team effort
Pharmacy inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Folsom, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Raises every three months according to how much work you got done, I got a raise every review.
Cons: gas and tolls
Since I was Pharmacy specialist, I worked with just one other team member first half of day, counted whole pharmacy, then went out on the floor to help team finish store.

I learned how to accurately finish a very monotonous job in a high pressured atmosphere in a timely manner .

Management was good at keeping team on task.

My co-workers were respectful of the stores employees, managers, our managers, and other team members. They also eventually learned to help each other to get through an issue one was having despite it slowing their time.

The hardest part of the job was travel.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing both mine and my team's work was perfect.
great place to work for part time or extra $
inventory supervisor (Current Employee), denver, coMay 28, 2015
Pros: always in a different place with different people
Cons: doesnt pay enough
always a different environment, hours are very flexible. Just wish it paid more. Plenty of opportunities for growth in the company
Overall, it was an awesome job
Traveling Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Cairo, WVMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch every now and then
Cons: not enough breaks
The pay was nice, travelling was nice, and everyone was just.. nice. :)

We didn't get paid for a few travel hours here and there, and some wait time wasn't calculated into our paychecks (like coming in every morning 30 mins early for a meeting), but the inventory went fast and i got a raise early.

I learned a lot of good skills here: quick and accurate counting, physically demanding inventory tasks, professional and respectful treatment of others in a team based environment, and how to fix my constantly breaking handheld machine :p

Time flew while having this job, which was important to me at the time. You make fast money and never get bored. There are many opportunities for growth. I was in charge of my own department within 2 months, and got an appreciation award for it. Looks good on resumes :)

Some bad parts were the drama between some of the workers, and moving them to different departments for a "time out," but staying out the drama wasn't hard anyways.

LOVED THIS JOB
If I hadn't gotten pregnant to start a family with the love of my life, I don't think I ever could've quit.
It was an ok place to work.
Driver/Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2015
I like to drive, so my overall opinion is that the job was good for me. I was able to train people. I was also able to learn different things about inventory.
WIS: Store inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Not knowing when you're getting off and sometimes where you're going.
Waking up at 3am to meet the van that took us to particular job site. I learned how to take inventory in a major store setting. Management was ok and my co-workers were fine. The hardest part of the job was not being in a stable location going all over the state of Virginia not knowing what time your shift would end. The experience was the most enjoyable part, learning something new.
productive, team environment, always busy
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: road trips, each job is a new environment, team workforce
Cons: low travel reimbursement, benefits
I loved that the job consisted of working as a team, the structure of having a goal to achieve and meeting those goals. I built a friendship with alot of the employees and enjoyed the road trips to out of town stores.
easy but no pay
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: no hours, no pay
It is an easy job. But the pay sucks. You make 8.50 an hour but they expect you to rive over an hour to work less than 4 hrs, They do not pay you for millage or gas. The management is okay for the most part but you have some in the litter that are just awful to be around.
Great company if you get with the right management teams
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Possibility of up to a fifty cent raise every six months
Cons: Hours weren't always consistent
During a typical work day the job consisted of long hours of very tedious fast pace work. Accuracy is a definite must have to be good and excel with the WIS company. Management from personal experience was not always sure of operation plans. Many times we would be on the road far longer than was originally planed. The hardest part of the job was to be gone on the road for up to two weeks at a time and then getting scheduled a week or two off. Hours weren't always consistent.
Fun place to work if management got on the same page
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2015
My first job I love math so I thought it would be a breeze learned it was a challenge not because it was hard but because of the people whom I worked with. I felt like high school all over again.
Nice place to work
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Signal Hill, CAMay 12, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no set hours
With the use of a scanner inventory is counted piece by piece until entire store is completely counted, the hardest part is when scanners dont work properly and not knowing what time you clock out.
A good job to supplement a current job or if you are open & willing to do mounring wokr
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Bronx,NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay, Driven to job site via company van & you are payed for travel in company van, Get to see differnt area in the Northeast of USA
Cons: No training or prior training before 1st work day
For this job all you have to do is count a stores inventory item using a small company device & using simple math, If you can count fast this is a job to look for.
Productive and Fun work days
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMay 9, 2015
A typical day at work is accurately taking inventory at the choosen store location for the day. Management is great. Ive learned how to use Wisard550 & 750. Learned how to operate some of the software that is used. I like my co-workers we all get a long and make the day fun.
Company was an unorganized mess
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Lowell, MAMay 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
There were many problems with day to day work. I completed the training and only worked for a few days after that. There were frequent problems with scheduling, they made you travel with the company but didn't pay you for travel time. Also you were only paid until your section was complete then you were not allowed to leave until the entire company was done so often times you were sitting around for 6+ hours not getting paid for it.
Easy work not enough hours
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: low pay, no guarenteed hours
Basically we met at various locations in the area but occasionally we were assaigned jobs out of town where we would meet at the main office and be transported to the jobsite. the work was very basic and easy yet the hours depended on the store size and size of the employee group. I didnt like the fact that i would never be able to tell how much i would make and i never recieved more than about $200 a week. there were also several days without lunch breaks
Terrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: *If you have a pule, you're hired. They hire EVERYBODY. *Interesting people *Most of my managers were cool.
Cons: *Unpaid travel, very odd work hours, VERY low pay, no paid time off, no benefits, dirty stores, dirty vans, overall negative environment, CPH system
Typical day at work- spend hours in a dirty van, do the boring job, get back in van, hate life when you get back home. Even a short shift feels like forever. The shifts are anywhere from 2-18 hours.

What I learned- that this company does not care for its employees AT ALL.

Management- The managers are all right; it's not their fault the company is terrible. I'm talking about the people on top. They couldn't care less. It's all about the bottom line.

Co-workers- Best part of the job; interesting people, and a lot of new hires. Most WIS workers are genuinely good people which makes me sad that they for for What Is Sleep.

Hardest part of the job- getting motivated to actually do the job, and the odd hours and the travel. Often you get little sleep. And the company does not care about you.

Best part- like I said, the co-workers.
PATHETIC
Counter (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Paid travel
Cons: EVERYTHING
I could write pages on how bad this company is to work for. I only worked there 2 days and I'm surprised I stayed there that long. HORRIBLE bosses and HORRENDOUS co-workers who care nothing about doing a quality job. Half assed everything we were supposed to count and half of my coworkers went to the PARKING LOT of the stores we were counting at to smoke weed and when we pulled in at a gas station to get gas, 2 of my coworkers even got out of the car beside the SUPERVISOR pumping gas to smoke weed. Directly on the main road. It was just pathetic. And to top everything off, they jipped me a day of work. I contacted the main boss 9 times via email and made about 100 phone calls and never received a deposit.
Stressful environment and management
Driver/Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Driver pay
Cons: Odd hours, pay, stress, and management
Very stressful place to work for. Minimum wage pay. Very odd hours and lots of traveling. No room for advancement. Very hard to want to strive for perfection.
Inventory clerk
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was very simple . It consisted of counting really and multiplying . I learned you have to work quick ,you have to get adjusted to different work areas . The managers were very understand to my needs and about my transportation . The co workers were very helpful and understanding. The hardest part about the job was the location .
Not my ideal job
Area Recruiter Trainer (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 29, 2015
Working for this company was a learning experience. Hardest part was the hours and being on your feet all day and there was no personal time for yourself and the pay is not good.
FULL OF OUTGOIN OPENMINDED PEOPLE.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: HOTEL STAY
Cons: N/A
WORKING AT WIS INTERNATINAL COMPANY WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT I ENJOYED TRAVELING TO DIFFERNT PARTZ OF THE CITY MEETING OTHER PEOPLE WHERE EVER WE WOULD GO AN ESPECIALLY VIEWING THE SITES LOVELY.

1 2 3 4 5

About WIS International

WIS International is growing, and needs your help! If you enjoy working in a new location every day and being part of a dynamic, – Read more

WIS International Salaries