WIS International Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible job!
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 21, 2016
I liked that i got paid every Thursdays. Some of the employees i worked with were nice and very helpful. The job all together is horrible to work at. I wouldn't recommend no one to work here. The only good thing about it is driving out of town and getting paid every Thursday's.
Not typical for a person with a family
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHJuly 21, 2016
Great job and pay, however if you have a family this would not be the job for you. The hours are varied and your day could be a ten hour day however you only get paid for five hours, that's just an example but it mostly happens often.
Pros
Great experience, good pay
Cons
Hours you put in aren't the hours you get paid for
Nice Place to work for.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 20, 2016
I traveled doing inventory for this company. Some of the employees were a bit sketchy I think. But still was a fun place to work for.
Decent job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 18, 2016
The job isn't too hard, but it does involve physical work if you're a counter or "inventory associate". You won't know when the job will end, unless the manager or supervisor has done the store beforehand and this will throw you off your schedule. So don't plan on having one if you're working that day. The social environment is very diverse, so take that as you will.

I feel like managers (in my opinion) are greedy and they really don't care about you. We don't get vacation or sick days, which I find fairly vital to any job. However, there is a bit of a leniency with scheduling, so that somewhat makes up for it. Overall, the job keeps you busy and it's nice to travel around and meet new people.
Pros
flexible scheduling, traveling, social environment, active work
Cons
lack of sick days and vacation, poor management, unpredictable hours
Very simple job
Inventory Count (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2016
Inventory count for numerous stores and half of the time traveling out of town just to count. easygoing job.
Great place to work!
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 14, 2016
Great work environment and awesome management. Only down fall would be the hours vary week to week. Overall great place to work for part time.
fun place to work at times
Counter (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 13, 2016
Hour can be a down fall you may work 1 or 2 hours today and 5 or 6 the next day. It is a part time part time job some time you may only work 6 hors a week. it is a good second job.
Pros
People
Cons
not enough hours
Not too shabby
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2016
For a first job ever, it's not too bad! Yeah, transportation was an issue for me but if I had a car, it would've been an alright job for a time.
Pros
Great travel pay
Cons
short lunchtime
The Job itself is eventful and always changing but not profesional
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHJuly 11, 2016
We get to travel everyday and is different everyday so you are never bored. I learned a lot about a field I knew nothing about and still able to learn something new everyday. Unfortunately nobody is ever held accountable. There are several no call no shows each day. Some of the employees cause a lot of drama within the crew and with store employees and never are held accountable. Harassment is a big issue and when brought to upper management it is dismissed without a second thought. I love what I do and I am very upset that I cannot fully do my job to the high standards I hold myself to with all the very unprofessional actions of employees and management. I would love to move up in the company but would never be able to do the job to the best of my ability with the lack of support from upper management. We do travel a lot but we also do not receive payment for travel so long days but not fully being paid for the time we are away.
Pros
Different every single day and a fast paced environment
Cons
No health care and are away from home without fully being paid
poor work environment
associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2016
They don't have shuttles, just vans. They allowed about 13 people to ride in the 2 back seats of the van.. that was unsafe and the hours are ridiculous and unworkable.
Productive work place.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2016
A typical work day would be showing up and getting straight to work with my team and at time working individually. I would have to scan each item in my section which put in the computer how many items where there. I would also count them out by hand to double check my work. Management was great there.
not flexible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2016
the people that work there seem friendly enough but I sent multiple emails requesting to change my availability but I never got a response and was written up for missing days when I reported that I was unable to work certain days well before the required 24 hours before the scheduled work day.
kinda ok
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 3, 2016
it was an ok company the management sucked the staff was kinda ok...I was let go for not having the proper training and I was let go thru a text message from my head manager after I got home from a day of work
An underpaid, unpredictable hour, de facto full time job without benefits.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 2, 2016
Working with WIS International was a challenging but unrewarding experience. Although the Inventory Associate position was technically part-time, the amount of work hours required made it feel more like full time without benefits. Days have highly variable work hours; one day you might have to leave for work early in the morning, while another may require you to leave late at night. Long, unpredictable hours would be acceptable if not for the lack of benefits and low wages.

If you can't count quickly, aren't fluid enough for random work hours, or believe you deserve better than de facto full time without benefits, this is not the job for you.
loved it.
Crew Counter/Pharmacy Counter (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 30, 2016
I miss this job for the most part it was easy work and I loved pretty much everyone I worked with. If the hours were compatible with my school I would still work there.
WIS International
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 30, 2016
It's your typical job where not everyone is a team player, sometimes your not appreciated for the work you put in. Some people are favorited not even based on their experience more or less based on whether or not they like you which I believe is wrong.
Pros
Good hours sometimes
Cons
Some of the people are favorited.
N/a
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
I have nothing to say about that company. I barely got any hours to working there. I didn't like the other work or management they were rude and disrespectful.
great workplace, a lot of traveling
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Learned how to do inventory for different retail stores, learned great customer service. traveled a lot, management was great, great work place and approachable, nice co-workers.
Pros
company payed hotels to stay while traveling
Cons
hours
Long hours and bad management
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 27, 2016
Show up at the office between 2-4am, get in a van to drive 1-3 hours to inventory a store for up to 8 hours. no breaks unless you go over 6 hours then you get a half hour break. If it takes 10 hours to count a store you only get one 1/2 hr break. then back in the van to drive back to the office.

Too few drivers who are overworked and tired. The drivers speed, text, and eat while driving with very little sleep.

your hours per week depend on not how well you scan but how well you play the kiss up game. And most importantly you must stay on management's good side or you lose hours.
Pros
New places, different states
Cons
long hours, no breaks, poor management
Travel to different stores to take inventory count accurately
Access Information Protection Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256June 27, 2016
A typical day for me at Wis International would be for me to travel either to different stores a day in Jacksonville Fl or travel to different cities and take inventory at the different stores there.

2.7