WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

Too much dedication, with little compensation.
Acting Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Illinois and Indiana regionFebruary 4, 2016
Lower to middle management is great, while some upper management can be very easy to work with. The demand from upper management, with little recognition, makes it really hard to maintain motivation. Limited staffing puts a lot work on a few people with little back up.
Inventory specialist
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Taking inventory at fine retail locations, as well as outlets on military compounds. In addition to private institutions we also performed inventory control to many commercial chain institutions. The hardest part of this job was the constant change in working time frames. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with so many diverse cultures and many different locations.
Pros
The hours allowed time for school or other employment.
Cons
The wages were too low.
Just an average job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 3, 2016
It's a simple and easy job. Decent minimum wage pay. You can get to travel. Although you will be on your feet for awhile, but you do get one lunch break.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Crazy hours
Early birds
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Usually it starts around 3AM (unless asked to come in earlier) then you count inventory (from frozen all the way to greeting/holiday/birthday cards) to about 11AM, and that's your entire work day. It isn't bad, but it's the constant heckling of the management that made it not worth going. People take that job way to serious especially for what you're doing. Counting.
good job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 28, 2016
it has goood hours and theres always something to do. we travel and give out wonderfful customer swervice . its not the ideal job but it keeps money in your pocket and keeps your days going.
fast work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 27, 2016
this job was very unprofessional and inconsiderate. I worked for the rancho office but I' m sure the experience and any other office is a little different.
Pros
you get paid every week
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional, less hours
Nice Place
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Good place to work, but require a lot of travelling and driving....Sometimes with lots of fatigue and you will be required to drive the crew members to work. Their vehicle has speed monitor and will transmit your speed to the cooperate for review.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Always on the road
fun
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2016
it was fun traveling to different parts of Florida, seeing different people and learning how they worked. In the end, I found out some tings about me that will help me become a better person in life.
Interchangable work enviroment with the same goal in mind.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Employed with WIS international I got to see a lot of relevant merchandise to society before recording the store amount by count and restocking that merchandise for sale.
fun work place
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 22, 2016
the job itself is ok but the management shows favoritizism to certain employees. a typical work day consist of waking up early 3am the store start at 5am (walmart) and we uasually dont finish the store till 6pm. the hardest part of the job is the management being bias.
Pros
traveling
Cons
living in hotels all week long
Office setting and working with the public
Area Recruiter and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Provide internal and external customer service, review resumes and employment applications, multi-task between daily work and weekly/monthly deadlines, work with staff at all levels, orientate and train new employees, assist as administrative support in the office.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Not having set hours
A good way to supplement income
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILJanuary 12, 2016
This job is pretty intense but, it is also an easy job. The work involves using inventory machines to scan all merchandise in a store to get an accurate count. The time I would work for depended on the size of the store and the amount of people assigned to it.
Pros
Travelling pays well
Cons
sometimes very long days
Do not work here !!
inventory counter (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I worked 1 night for this company when I first arrived at Dillards I noticed everyone around me and they all looked young with pants hanging half way off their butts and very unprofessional. Once we got on the floor people where cussing and using such bad language I just couldn't believe the language coming out of their mouths. We worked for 9 hours with not any breaks my machine kept breaking down and I am NOT going back at all !!! DO NOT WORK HERE IT IS AWFUL AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL !
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Horrible Place To Work
inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 12, 2016
The most ratchet job I've ever worked at they are so unprofessional dress attire does not meet the dress code they will just hire anyone of the streets the schedules are all over the place meet time early in the morning when you get to the meet spot you have to wait over an hour just for the van to come we were late to almost every store we did inventory at if you have an outside life & kids this job is not for you if your homeless with no life or bored this job is for you I wouldn't recommend nobody to work for them
Pros
NONE
Cons
No breaks & broke down vans
Loved It
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJanuary 12, 2016
Its a great way to travel and its a laid back job just need to know how to count easy going people but the hours are crazy but i didnt mind because it paid very well
Pros
Travel Money
Cons
Hours are Crazy
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 11, 2016
I only made like 5.00 the whole year. That was two checks. The first was three dollars and sum and the second was ninety six cents.
Hectic Schedule
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 11, 2016
They never listen to employees on their schedules.
Never had a solid work schedule.
When it was a over-night they wouldn't get a hold of you for the over-night until the day of it
Employees must work very quickly with minium error.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day at with WIS International would consist of arriving at a department store early in the morning to count inventory. All of the products that are tagged must be scanned and counted with a hand held machine.
37 Years service -
Region Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  worked in the US and the UKJanuary 7, 2016
Good company to work for if you have the ambition and flexibility to take on opportunities. Re-location is a big factor in upward mobility since there are limited office locations, but plenty of opportunities.
I started out as an inventory specialist and quickly worked my way up the supervisory ranks. Each promotion coincided with a move, additional responsibilities and challenges.
Sucked
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Long days, short breaks. Work is inconsistent. Not a great way to pay bills. Standing in one place all day. I, personally, can be on my feet all day, no problem... if I'm moving.