WIS International

WIS International Employer Reviews

Fun part-time job
Inventory Counter (Current Employee), Merriam, KSMarch 23, 2015
Scaning all items in a retail store, how to work the scaning machine. co worker are fun and all ages and races.It hard to work 5 days a week and only have 20 hours total. Van rides are great laughing talk with one another.
Very unprofessional,real dont care bout Family needs...a ripoff on pay
associate (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay weekly
Cons: short breaks..no lunch..unprofessional mangr...
I love my coworkers. We work very well as a team. The hardest part is not given time wit the schedule. less then 24 hr.that u have a job the next day.an a RIPOFF in PAY
Inventory
Counter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: light working hours
Cons: scheduling and support
We went into retail, grocery and warehouse to count products on their shelves. Most times, we were well staffed, rarely short. Management were well trained but there was an undercurrent of mistrust. The hours worked varied. Sometimes early in the morning. others late at night. You had to have your own transportation except when the store was out of town, then you met up at the office and they would drive you there. You got paid to travel but they took 45 minutes, each direction, for the use of their vans. IF you drove yourself, you don't get anything back for it, other than being able to leave without waiting for the manager to finish up the paperwork.Co-worker didn't really help each other out, i.e. make the team faster by giving tips.
PRODUCTIVE
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Cons: sometime you get breaks sometime you don't not even a short one
IT IS A COMPANY BASED ON HOW FAST YOU ARE AT DOING WHAT THEY WANT DONE. YOUR RAISES ARE NOT ON HOW GOOD YOU, DO BUT HOW FAST YOU ARE AND WHO YOU KNOW. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR COMPUTER TO KNOW IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO WORK OR NOT. SOME PEOPLE ONLY WORK CERTAIN DAYS DEPENDING ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN THERE. YOU HAVE YOUR CLICKS BUT THAT IS ANYWHERE. I ENJOY THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE CAUSE I CAN WORK WITH ANYBODY. BUT ONE THING SHORT STAFF OR NOT WE DO GET THE JOB DONE.
enjoyed
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company for the most part. My only complaint is that the hours are long and the pay isn't the best.
Work
Inventory associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2015
i worked at wis international in Jacksonville Fl. When i first went to the interview everything went fine. They email me later and said i had the job and the orientation is in a week, so on and so on. I went to the orientation, the orientation only suppose to last for 45 mins - 1 hour. Our orientation extended into three hours because one of the supervisors who was doing the orientation kept stopping the video to talk on the phone with one of her "friends" whose also an supervisor at Wis international. As me and several other people waiting for her to start the video, she goes on for several minutes talking about eat some type of oysters at some club. OMG so unprofessional. None of the supervisors like one another. They were always speaking bad about each other every time they had a chance. i was so tired of the negativity and bad energy that i just had to quit. and never quit at anything.
Productive and fun workplace
traveling inventory associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: hotel rooms are provided for us
Cons: only two 45 minute breaks
A typical day at work involves counting the inventory for Wal-Mart stores. We start at 5 am and don't leave until the store is finished. the best part of my job is talking and laughing with my co-wokers so even if we have a 14 hour day it goes by with ease
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), USAMarch 3, 2015
Supervisor was very helpful in the work field and helped me with day to day activties. With this job didnt see any co workers unless we had a big job to do that required it.
Good for a single person with no kids
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: interesting work place
Cons: treated like slaves by store management and home office
I liked my job, however traveling to ME on a daily basis had it's toll. The job itself was ok, some work practices were too barbaric. Driving 4-6 hours working 8 then driving another 4-6 hours was too much. I worked 100 hours a week with little to no sleep. It was fun seeing the retail world from another angle.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Managers are disorganize. Cutting hours not getting paid for hours I have worked Best important part of the day is completing the job task on time and cleaning back up
Good nation wide company
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: very rushed work, not a lot of breaks, very demanding managers.
Lot's of counting, co-worker's were very easy to get a long with. Only conflict I had was the manager of the Springfield, MA office, he was very unfair with distributing hours evenly among all employee's.
inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2015
The job was easy but the commute to the various location was crazy. Plus they don't pay for wait time. the hardest part of the job is doing the inventory on the freezer.
fast paced
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: breaks are on time
Cons: sometimes long hours
A typical day with this type of work includes a lot of counting, and recording product inventory. Co-workers in this company are very easy to get along with and also to work with. In my opinion your job can be stress free if you are able to get along with co-workers. The hardest part of this job I would have to say is sometimes the hours because they can be long. The most enjoyable part of this job is the traveling that can be done.
Laids back
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Westminster, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: the pay for allthe work you are doing
The job can be sort of confusing at times. But as long as you can count you will be good. Their are not a set number of hours to work and the pay is only $9. That is pretty low for all the work that has to be done.
non-communitive company
Part-Time Inventory & Merchandising (Former Employee), worcester, massFebruary 12, 2015
horrible horrible horrible
got hired in february 2014
never got an assignment til
july 2014 and then it was
pulling teeth to get help
regarding store and assignment
inputs to log hours and for pay
WIS (what is sleep) international
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: get to see alot of new places and alot of new faces.
Cons: having to watch payroll very closely.
If you are ok with working weird hours and no sleep wis is a place for u. Up late at night and have early mornings. Also management could be better, very unorganized and there is never enough staff. Company vehicles are meant for youre transportation but not always comfortable, safety is also questionable.
Not a good company to work for
Inventory Associate/Driver (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: seeing various parts of oregon.
Cons: management and coworkers
I would transport people to various job sites to count inventory for various stores.

I learned how to deal with all types of people.

The management and coworkers were not professional in their work or behaviors.

Dealing with the lack of professionalism was the hardest thing for me.

Getting to see different areas of Oregon were great.
Flexible work schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: pay not very good.
The job is a part time position. The work schedule is up to you and your availability.You don't have to report to an office, all of your work schedule is posted on website. Management is very easy to get in contact with. I like being able to work my schedule. Training for other projects going on can be a little tough to get.
Fun and exciting place to work with daily travel
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: paid travel
Cons: limited healthcare, no paid vacation
Flexible work hours. Traveling and meeting new people everyday. Awesome management team. Off on Holidays.On hand training provided for upper management positions. You pick your own work hours with a choice of having weekends off. Company provided optional transportation to and from work place. Paid travel time, gas and mileage. Fun place to work with great team leadership and co workers. I was awarded for my years of hard work and given a recognition of outstanding and dedicated service.
My first hand experience with this company.
Area Manager and everything in between (Former Employee), USAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free shirt
Cons: no life, bad pay, horrible work culture
I would like to just start out in the beginning and make very clear this my experience as a manager with this company. I was hired as an Inventory Manager and shortly after was promoted to Area Manager. Although I never held the title of inventory associate (counter) I can say I have done this job also.

My initial position of Inventory Manager started out actually somewhat enjoyable. The end of the year is the slow season for inventories so my schedule was actually very acceptable. I ran a few inventories and helped with the hiring/training of new employees. This process should have clued me in how my experience was going to be with this company. I can honestly say I rarely got to know my new hires because they were gone with in a month. I have to say this is not just the companies fault. For every good employee I hired there were 9 other employees who were useless. They would all be excited to work and when the time came for their first shift, no show!

After a few months I was "promoted" to a position similar to Area Manager. All the responsibilities of that position, but very small change in compensation. My boss had just up and left the company like so many other managers do. This was just in time for the start of our incredibly chaotic first of the year. As the only manager in my office it became my responsibility to do everything.

Every office in this company has hourly supervisors that run certain inventories and help with running crews at large inventories. Now you would think they could come in and help train new employees or even just help with some of the overwhelming – more... responsibilities of running your own office. Sadly, they are hourly so the company would apparently implode if they did anything other than those assigned inventories.

As time went along I learned how to schedule my employees better and use the tools that were offered to me. I will give the company some credit here, they do have a lot of resources online for their Area Managers. Once you find them on your own it really does make things a little bit easier.

I know this review has dragged on and I really am trying to be as up front about everything that I experienced. You need to know there will be almost no home life once you start this job. This is true for every position within the office. If you are hired as a manager you WILL drive to almost every inventory. They hire drivers, but they have to be paid more. You WILL constantly be up early in the morning (some days 3am) and you WILL work late into the night.

The days you have "off" are actually work days. Please do not let them trick you into thinking you will have your own time. Go ahead and take a day off while an inventory is going on and not answer your phone. You will see how quickly you are yelled at for not being available.

There really is no point in telling you what office or district I worked in. This is a very standard experience for everyone. If you work 40 hours a week as a manager, then you probably are just not showing up to scheduled inventories.

Last little bit of advice, if you are young, single, willing to travel, and enjoy work over living.......Then apply for this job. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos