WIS International

WIS International United States Employee Reviews

fast paced
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: breaks are on time
Cons: sometimes long hours
A typical day with this type of work includes a lot of counting, and recording product inventory. Co-workers in this company are very easy to get along with and also to work with. In my opinion your job can be stress free if you are able to get along with co-workers. The hardest part of this job I would have to say is sometimes the hours because they can be long. The most enjoyable part of this job is the traveling that can be done.
Laids back
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Westminster, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: the pay for allthe work you are doing
The job can be sort of confusing at times. But as long as you can count you will be good. Their are not a set number of hours to work and the pay is only $9. That is pretty low for all the work that has to be done.
non-communitive company
Part-Time Inventory & Merchandising (Former Employee), worcester, massFebruary 12, 2015
horrible horrible horrible
got hired in february 2014
never got an assignment til
july 2014 and then it was
pulling teeth to get help
regarding store and assignment
inputs to log hours and for pay
WIS (what is sleep) international
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: get to see alot of new places and alot of new faces.
Cons: having to watch payroll very closely.
If you are ok with working weird hours and no sleep wis is a place for u. Up late at night and have early mornings. Also management could be better, very unorganized and there is never enough staff. Company vehicles are meant for youre transportation but not always comfortable, safety is also questionable.
Not a good company to work for
Inventory Associate/Driver (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: seeing various parts of oregon.
Cons: management and coworkers
I would transport people to various job sites to count inventory for various stores.

I learned how to deal with all types of people.

The management and coworkers were not professional in their work or behaviors.

Dealing with the lack of professionalism was the hardest thing for me.

Getting to see different areas of Oregon were great.
Flexible work schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: pay not very good.
The job is a part time position. The work schedule is up to you and your availability.You don't have to report to an office, all of your work schedule is posted on website. Management is very easy to get in contact with. I like being able to work my schedule. Training for other projects going on can be a little tough to get.
Fun and exciting place to work with daily travel
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: paid travel
Cons: limited healthcare, no paid vacation
Flexible work hours. Traveling and meeting new people everyday. Awesome management team. Off on Holidays.On hand training provided for upper management positions. You pick your own work hours with a choice of having weekends off. Company provided optional transportation to and from work place. Paid travel time, gas and mileage. Fun place to work with great team leadership and co workers. I was awarded for my years of hard work and given a recognition of outstanding and dedicated service.
My first hand experience with this company.
Area Manager and everything in between (Former Employee), USAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free shirt
Cons: no life, bad pay, horrible work culture
I would like to just start out in the beginning and make very clear this my experience as a manager with this company. I was hired as an Inventory Manager and shortly after was promoted to Area Manager. Although I never held the title of inventory associate (counter) I can say I have done this job also.

My initial position of Inventory Manager started out actually somewhat enjoyable. The end of the year is the slow season for inventories so my schedule was actually very acceptable. I ran a few inventories and helped with the hiring/training of new employees. This process should have clued me in how my experience was going to be with this company. I can honestly say I rarely got to know my new hires because they were gone with in a month. I have to say this is not just the companies fault. For every good employee I hired there were 9 other employees who were useless. They would all be excited to work and when the time came for their first shift, no show!

After a few months I was "promoted" to a position similar to Area Manager. All the responsibilities of that position, but very small change in compensation. My boss had just up and left the company like so many other managers do. This was just in time for the start of our incredibly chaotic first of the year. As the only manager in my office it became my responsibility to do everything.

Every office in this company has hourly supervisors that run certain inventories and help with running crews at large inventories. Now you would think they could come in and help train new employees or even just help with some of the overwhelming – more... responsibilities of running your own office. Sadly, they are hourly so the company would apparently implode if they did anything other than those assigned inventories.

As time went along I learned how to schedule my employees better and use the tools that were offered to me. I will give the company some credit here, they do have a lot of resources online for their Area Managers. Once you find them on your own it really does make things a little bit easier.

I know this review has dragged on and I really am trying to be as up front about everything that I experienced. You need to know there will be almost no home life once you start this job. This is true for every position within the office. If you are hired as a manager you WILL drive to almost every inventory. They hire drivers, but they have to be paid more. You WILL constantly be up early in the morning (some days 3am) and you WILL work late into the night.

The days you have "off" are actually work days. Please do not let them trick you into thinking you will have your own time. Go ahead and take a day off while an inventory is going on and not answer your phone. You will see how quickly you are yelled at for not being available.

There really is no point in telling you what office or district I worked in. This is a very standard experience for everyone. If you work 40 hours a week as a manager, then you probably are just not showing up to scheduled inventories.

Last little bit of advice, if you are young, single, willing to travel, and enjoy work over living.......Then apply for this job. – less
Interesting workplace
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long distance places
At first I liked working for this company because I got the chance to visit many stores and see what it was like working at those places. On the other hand the hardest thing about this job was traveling to different locations just to work for few hours. It was an easy job and team-oriented environment.
Not a good place to be
Van Driver/Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: you would get plenty of hours because people quit all the time.
Cons: no time to rest before the next store, everything else.
The location in Indianapolis is NOT a good office to work out of. Two cars, including my own, were stolen out of their parking lot. The only thing my boss asked me when told was to ask if I was still going to finish out my two week notice. We later found out that other cars, catalytic converters and gas had been stolen from the very same lot. Not only was this information not given to us before we started, they refused to do anything to increase security at the location. There are no cameras in the lot and half the lights don't work. Another thing that happens is you would work from the evening of the day before until around 2am, go back to the office only to get back on another van leaving at 3am that generally would not get back to the office until well after noon. Drivers wouldn't be allowed to rest before driving the crews out which is very dangerous. Half the vans were either already broken down in the lot or broke down at the store. The rest would have missing headlights, nonfunctional door handles, heaters wouldn't work right, the drivers seat would be stuck back at a horrible angle and the level to make it move would be broken off. I do NOT recommend the Indianapolis location to ANYBODY. Stay away.
Tedious and monotonous work with little advancement possibilities.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Typical day of work would start very early in the morning, before most stores opened for business. Included marking all products that needed to be counted for inventory, setting up units that collected all the information, and brief the team that was being lead on our time constraints. Very high turn over rate with inventory counters, not much area to advance once in the company. Hardest part of the job was making sure the inventory count of the entire store was accurate and expedited in a timely fashion before the store would open for normal daily business. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork and camaraderie that was present when a count was moving swiftly.
OK place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: odd hours
At Wis there were no typical days. Everyday was different. We had various managers that we answered to. The co-workers were nice, but basically it was a solo job. The hardest part about the job was the odd hours of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling.
Needs new management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay, travel opportunites.
Cons: horrible management
Everything was great at first until after the first month. Most workers got lazy which made the rest of us work even harder because we had to pick up their slack but never got any advancements for our work.
Management is just horrible. Manager would tell us to not listen to the supervisors but would leave and have them in charge so it would leave the rest of us confused as to who to really listen to on that work day. Managers are cold hearted, for a lack of better words, and forced me to chose between taking my injured child to the hospital or leaving her alone and go into work. I called the manager 90 minutes before I had to come in and explained to him the situation as to how I was the only one at that time who could take my child to the hospital but he told me "if you don't come in on time today then don't come back at all" so I left that company and refused to come back even after he contacted me to come help them with a major store because I felt disrespected to force a man to choice between his injured child and his work.
Unproductive and micromanaging atmosphere.
Area Manager (Current Employee), ANYWHERE, USJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: cell phone reimbursement.
Cons: just about everything.
I would work about 16 hours every day during the busy time of the year, up to six days of week. During the "less" busy time of the year, I would work -- at the minimum -- 65 hours a week, which includes the incredible number of hours traveling from one forgettable town to the next. Honestly, there was a horrible life/work balance, and I will not miss it whatsoever.

Upper management is out of touch with the younger generation of workers that have come to be the most prominent base of their counting force -- relying on their old-school tactics to handle situations poorly. The amount of micromanaging is incredible as well, e.g. I could barely go two hours during my stressful mornings without a barrage of texts "asking" for updates.

Corporate would rather pay someone minimum wage coming into the company, slap them into real-time inventory situations without proper training (in most offices, but not all), than schedule someone that has been around for years and knows every account because that veteran makes too much money. They view someone that has been with the company for more than 20 years as expendable because they make too much for an hourly employee -- often times trying their damnedest to make sure that they never see their name on any of their inventory schedules by giving that employee an ungodly CPH (Count Per Hour) to attain. But, hey, after 20 years I'm sure that employee would love to receive a commemoration plaque from a company that could care less about him/her.

Oh, and every employee better be at 100% of their CPH come appraisal time though, or else that employee will probably not even be considered for a raise.

All-in-all, avoid this company.
I wasted years of my life here
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Southwestern OntarioJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: sometimes the office had magazines to read
Cons: the job and all the unethical things that came with it
I started off needing a job and liked the opportunity to travel and visit other areas of the country, but then after so much time I realized I was never really getting anywhere. Wage starts off as minimum with semi-annual raises of 15-30 cents so there's no incentive for pay. Company works on a CPH system which is how much you can count per hour. Management works on RPH system which is how much money the company makes per hour off of the employees. Because of this influx inventories are rushed so the employee works less hours and the RPH for the company goes up. This hurts all businesses because inventories are not accurate, management has a who cares/let's just get out of here attitude. Management pushes you to guess quantities of products and will schedule you less if you are slower trying to provide accuracy. For AQ1 I was told by my management to scan the same product consistently instead of each and every one like the store manager's wanted. Most shifts are incredibly early in the morning and only last 3 hours. Most weeks you work 20 hours. Travel for job locations less than 48 minutes away is never paid. Most days you have to fight for a break as breaks hurt the RPH. I was asked by my manager to use a rolling ladder with broken wheels that clearly had a sign on it that said Do Not Use and he said don't worry about it, it's safe and you don't have to roll it. Minutes cut off of every shift without warning or explanation.
productive and fun work wise and employees
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2015
working for WIS International was an amazing experience. Although the hours were haywire, i was sick because i didn't have time to rest, i was up and down with working full time, and on top of that barley ate because i was working so much, after one job was done i was on to the next, my managers were amazing though. i couldn't have asked for better colleagues and managers.
inventory control
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 20, 2015
counting all different materials, clothes, things at mall and stores. drive to different stores
Pretty much the most painful work experience I've ever had.
Inventory Supervisor / Manager On Record (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: money... when the payroll is correct
Cons: lack of sleep, 12, 14, 16 hour or more shifts, lack of respect from management...
Painful for your body and your mental state. Many times I finished a 12 to 16 hour shift and had to leave to do the same three hours later. Eventually worked my way into management, did the secondary background check and the urinalysis test... Then two months later had to take them again because my boss let the time limit to submit the information lapse. Then finally was a manager running stores and doing all the computer work and time sheet stuff but after two months never got my managers raise and was only making as much as a new hire. Still felt bad about quitting but at the time I did all the new managers at my office.. Including the ones who got promoted before me were still waiting for their raises. HR gives very dry mechanical responses and after waiting three days to hear why I had no raise and no laptop to run my stores on... I quit. I did'nt want to because despite all the bad I actually enjoyed a lot of the people I worked with. But I upheld my end of things and they didn't . I guess thats pretty much. What you can expect from WIS.
productive job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), richland hils,txJanuary 19, 2015
I come in early morning, meet at various different stores to collect inventory at there store. This job is a great job because you get to work with great people.
Productive and fun with abundance in diversity.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: travel and lodging
Cons: inconsistant working hours
A typical early workday. Learned many pricing variations with variety of products. I enjoyed management even when situations seem a bit intense. My co-workers though seemingly overworked seemed to come together on common ground to get the job completed in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is getting up early enough. The most enjoyable part of the job is the travel. Getting an opportunity to see different cities and seeing different retail stores.

About WIS International

WIS International provides inventory management and merchandising services for retailers of all sizes, as well as to a range of – Read more

WIS International Photos