WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job
Nick Cooper (Former Employee), 2775 S. Rainbow Blvd Suite 101-B Las Vegas, NV.April 22, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced
Cons: The driving
Nice to go into so many different places and just count inventory for other companies.
I seen inventory from a different view
Management was great
Co-workers made it enjoyable
different places
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: unorganized
This job was a first and last time experience in this line of work. They were very unorganized and family oriented. They didn't understand the meaning of team work. The best thing was we got to travel.
If you have other options, STAY AWAY.....
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Healthcare package, You meet some good people
Cons: Area and Regional Managers, Hours, Pay
If you have a family or any type of hobbies or social life then this place is not for you. As a Inventory Manager expect 10 plus hour shifts with ease. Expect to come in at 3am and not end your day until 7pm, then have to be back in at 3am again the next morning. If the job is out of town expect to be forced to drive the crew while you are still exhausted, while everyone else including the Area Manager sleeps (nice to hear those snores for 2 hours). No formal training when you start, you are thrown in left to figure things out and help with no clue. As a manager that's not a great perception to the inventory staff, but you try. They rather have you in stores standing around versus taking the time to learn the business in a nice training platform. Your training class is at home on your own personal time...No Pay...you're on salary they got you now...

Not a great compensation amount for what they expect from you. Now if you are a loner and don't sleep much, then this is perfect for you...

I'm in a long list of Inventory Managers that have come and gone. Once I heard from the staff that have been around for years, about how they've seen so many IMs leave and they are surprised that you are still there...RED FLAG...it's almost a running joke.

Prepare for some office politics, working with a few ex-cons, some staff with poor personal hygiene, a junky office, junky work vans and of course the many equipment breakdowns that will mess up your day...

I did meet quite a few people that were great to talk to, and connect with. I did have a few very solid days, – more... just not enough balance to make things work for me.

Trust me I'm not a angry ex employee, I did not get fired...I left on my own choice and my own terms and I feel sooo much better for doing so. You look at the website and you see a lot of good things happening around the country at WIS, its just not happening at this office. I bought into the hype the dream that was painted during interviews..but was deflated very quickly. I never put reviews for things, even things that I buy but I feel I should let the next person know exactly what to expect here.

Best of luck, you may be the one that can make it work. – less
Productive and respectful place
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2015
taught me how to do inventory, the managers were nice and respectful, the hardest part is fixing the discrepancies, the most enjoyable part was traveling
low pay, most all coworkers treat each other terrible, no sleep, no days off, no gratitude.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIApril 13, 2015
Pros: Sometimes meet cool people.
Cons: Terrible work environment, lack of sleep, drama, don't have to receive break, too much van time, no personal time whatsoever.
If you want a job where work (sucky work at that) is your entire life, then this is it. You will spend all your time in a van with too many people who basically hate on each other all the time and in stores. You lose two hours of pay just driving to and from stores. Your raises depend on how fast you are at counting. You might get a machine that works properly, you might not. You'll almost never be sincerely praised for anything you accomplish. Raises and promotions usually only come when no one else is available to do the job, or if they just don't want you to quit. There is no productive communication. You are not paid nearly enough for the amount of work they expect you to do. They do not take your family life into account at all. They don't care if you get sick, you'll just be scheduled less because you didn't show up, so there goes your money. This is a terrible job, and really only good for those who have absolutely nothing else to do and no friends or family to spend time with.
Horrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Pennsauken New JerseyApril 10, 2015
This is just not a good company to work . Not good hours or good managers. They need to be more proffesional and not stuck up.
bad hours and no hours
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Lake City, FlApril 6, 2015
Pros: part time job
Cons: no break no hours a
you inventory huge stores and each store has a manager that wants it done a differnt way. once you learn to get the job done fast and right you are fine. the bad thing is you only work about 4 hours a day so this is better as a part time job and work starts at 3am
Fast paced environment with minimal customer interaction
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 5, 2015
While working at WIS International the company would travel to corporations to do inventory management and loss prevention. This required late nights and averaged 10-12 hour shifts. I enjoyed the job but I was unable to stay as my children required my presence more often than I was able.
Travel. Customer Interaction
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIApril 1, 2015
We would travel to locations, sometimes out of state to do a job. We would do inventory on a store and use a scanner to scan the bar code. I learned how to do accurate counting in inventory. The management wasn't that great because they weren't at half the jobs most of the time. The co-workers were hard to get along with. The hardest part of the job was that you had to be very flexible because inventories could happen any hour of the day or night. The most enjoyable was store associte interaction because some of them got to know me.
Good Team Work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 29, 2015
A typical day at work was meeting my team at our designated meet spot early in the morning. I learned how to do inventory. The managers were fun and outstanding and reasonable. I had good and nice co-workers. The most enjoyable part of this job was traveling to different states counting inventory.
Fun part-time job
Inventory Counter (Current Employee), Merriam, KSMarch 23, 2015
Scaning all items in a retail store, how to work the scaning machine. co worker are fun and all ages and races.It hard to work 5 days a week and only have 20 hours total. Van rides are great laughing talk with one another.
Very unprofessional,real dont care bout Family needs...a ripoff on pay
associate (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay weekly
Cons: short breaks..no lunch..unprofessional mangr...
I love my coworkers. We work very well as a team. The hardest part is not given time wit the schedule. less then 24 hr.that u have a job the next day.an a RIPOFF in PAY
Inventory
Counter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: light working hours
Cons: scheduling and support
We went into retail, grocery and warehouse to count products on their shelves. Most times, we were well staffed, rarely short. Management were well trained but there was an undercurrent of mistrust. The hours worked varied. Sometimes early in the morning. others late at night. You had to have your own transportation except when the store was out of town, then you met up at the office and they would drive you there. You got paid to travel but they took 45 minutes, each direction, for the use of their vans. IF you drove yourself, you don't get anything back for it, other than being able to leave without waiting for the manager to finish up the paperwork.Co-worker didn't really help each other out, i.e. make the team faster by giving tips.
PRODUCTIVE
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Cons: sometime you get breaks sometime you don't not even a short one
IT IS A COMPANY BASED ON HOW FAST YOU ARE AT DOING WHAT THEY WANT DONE. YOUR RAISES ARE NOT ON HOW GOOD YOU, DO BUT HOW FAST YOU ARE AND WHO YOU KNOW. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR COMPUTER TO KNOW IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO WORK OR NOT. SOME PEOPLE ONLY WORK CERTAIN DAYS DEPENDING ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN THERE. YOU HAVE YOUR CLICKS BUT THAT IS ANYWHERE. I ENJOY THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE CAUSE I CAN WORK WITH ANYBODY. BUT ONE THING SHORT STAFF OR NOT WE DO GET THE JOB DONE.
enjoyed
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company for the most part. My only complaint is that the hours are long and the pay isn't the best.
Work
Inventory associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2015
i worked at wis international in Jacksonville Fl. When i first went to the interview everything went fine. They email me later and said i had the job and the orientation is in a week, so on and so on. I went to the orientation, the orientation only suppose to last for 45 mins - 1 hour. Our orientation extended into three hours because one of the supervisors who was doing the orientation kept stopping the video to talk on the phone with one of her "friends" whose also an supervisor at Wis international. As me and several other people waiting for her to start the video, she goes on for several minutes talking about eat some type of oysters at some club. OMG so unprofessional. None of the supervisors like one another. They were always speaking bad about each other every time they had a chance. i was so tired of the negativity and bad energy that i just had to quit. and never quit at anything.
Productive and fun workplace
traveling inventory associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: hotel rooms are provided for us
Cons: only two 45 minute breaks
A typical day at work involves counting the inventory for Wal-Mart stores. We start at 5 am and don't leave until the store is finished. the best part of my job is talking and laughing with my co-wokers so even if we have a 14 hour day it goes by with ease
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), USAMarch 3, 2015
Supervisor was very helpful in the work field and helped me with day to day activties. With this job didnt see any co workers unless we had a big job to do that required it.
Good for a single person with no kids
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: interesting work place
Cons: treated like slaves by store management and home office
I liked my job, however traveling to ME on a daily basis had it's toll. The job itself was ok, some work practices were too barbaric. Driving 4-6 hours working 8 then driving another 4-6 hours was too much. I worked 100 hours a week with little to no sleep. It was fun seeing the retail world from another angle.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Managers are disorganize. Cutting hours not getting paid for hours I have worked Best important part of the day is completing the job task on time and cleaning back up

About WIS International

WIS International is growing, and needs your help! If you enjoy working in a new location every day and being part of a dynamic, – Read more

WIS International Salaries