WIS International Employee Reviews in United States

Early birds
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Usually it starts around 3AM (unless asked to come in earlier) then you count inventory (from frozen all the way to greeting/holiday/birthday cards) to about 11AM, and that's your entire work day. It isn't bad, but it's the constant heckling of the management that made it not worth going. People take that job way to serious especially for what you're doing. Counting.
Its not what i was looking for and working crazy hours and not getting paid sometimes
Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 6, 2016
I worked for a new office in Melbourne.The pay is $8.50 and i was told it was full time hours and you get to travel.I thought great but not so much We did travel all over the state and sometimes you wouldnt get paid the correct hours because you sign in and out on a piece of paper.Half the time you travel maybe 10 hours for a job and on your paycheck its 3.Or sometimes they dont even give you that.Also dont have kids or a life here cause their all over the place you can be traveling so much.Their was a few times where i didnt come home for 2 days going from one job to the next sleeping in the van.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Horrible management no room to advance no hours
inventory manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 26, 2015
I put a year plus in this company and worked very hard.they never give raises and treat their employees with no respect.the area manager talks to you like a child don't recommend to anyone.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short breaks no pay
Disorganized
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNOctober 29, 2015
The general culture of WIS international is dismissive of the core associate. The attitude is that they can always find another body to put into your place. Even as a supervisor, there was no sense of job security or worthiness.
WiS International
Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 7, 2015
My typical day at work would start of early in the morning before 6:00a.m. I reach the office at the time given to me then later carpooled on a van with other employers. Once we get to the job site we scan each item in the store to check the current inventory of a store. I learned the wizard behind the curtain on how people check inventory, the respected names of the items in the store, and used a terminal to scan each item. The management at WIS is great! They have great pesonalities, they are down to Earth, and they are hard-working managers who encourages us to keep going even if you are dog beat tired. From my experience each co-worker that I worked with are phenomenal. The experienced veterans will give you pointers and advice on to become more proficient with your work. Even with all of the great recognition that I'm going on about the work itself could be very tiresome. Nonetheless at the end of the day you ride back in the van and have a great time sharing jokes and stories on the way back to the office.
Productive job based on production
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 15, 2016
The job consists of managing a team of counters during an inventory. Making sure they count products accurately in a timely matter. The manager conducts audits and makes adjustments to errors to ensure the count is accurate.This job requires a vehicle, you will have to drive a lot, which includes driving to ohio alot. also the inventories start as early as 5 am. So you have to adjust your body to waking up like 3:30, 4:00 depending on how far you have to drive.
Pros
Some days are short like 3 hours.
Cons
Long days can go up to 13 hours. Your start can be as early as 5am.
Fun traveling in company van to other cities.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 17, 2015
I wasn't treated fair by my ex-employer, because of my beliefs. No benefits. The goal requirements was how fast and accurate you can count. They wanted you to count 13,000 items in one store sometimes. You work with 20-30 other people. Every six months you have a chance to receive a bonus .50 cents more per hour. In order to receive the bonus you must reach the goal requirement. The goal is constantly changing.
Pros
Transporteed to a pacific location and back. Bonus every six months.
Cons
Highly unlikely to meet the goal requirements.
work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 6, 2015
I enjoyed learning and new career opportunity, the hours where to much for me very inconsistent..the people who do work there do work harder and could use better work environment.
Pros
rides
Cons
work hours
Too much dedication, with little compensation.
Acting Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Illinois and Indiana regionFebruary 4, 2016
Lower to middle management is great, while some upper management can be very easy to work with. The demand from upper management, with little recognition, makes it really hard to maintain motivation. Limited staffing puts a lot work on a few people with little back up.
The Best Job Ever, Except....
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2016
This job is the easiest job you can get in the world. Basically, you getting paid for doing really so little. Can you count--you are in, simple as that. But(there is always but) the biggest WIS International problems that needs to improve is rate and transportation. Are you willing to travel 30-mile-range? or more? Are you able to start at $10.25 rate? or lower? Is like you are working for your gas! If you really dont worry about gas or even rate, but worry about simplicity, then this job is for you.
Pros
Very simple/Easy
Cons
RATE+TRANSPORATION
Retail Inventory Assoicate
Retail Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 4, 2016
As you as we arrived to a sight. We immediately grab a inventory wand that's used to scan different items total. hand by hand, we have to use step ladders to scan some items that are high upon the shifts, and sometimes has to sit on the floor to count items. The job is not an difficult job at all and the most enjoyable part of the job is that the company provides transportation.
Pros
Transporation, paid weekly, half hr breaks, and flexible schedule.
Cons
Not enough hours, sometimes no breaks, and held pass your dismessal time
Okay if you just need work here and there.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 31, 2016
Started working here beginning of may... while being advertised at part time work with full time hours...it does not exist..travel pay is only 7.25 and you only get an hour of it to and from job site. 8.50 to count paychecks every thursday and not to mention managers are kinda shady. No legit training, just thrown into job and expected to know what should be done. Most jobs ive receieved a week has been 3 and the hours vary.
Pros
Great if you like busy work
Cons
Over worked for little pay, early unconventional hours.
fun work place
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 22, 2016
the job itself is ok but the management shows favoritizism to certain employees. a typical work day consist of waking up early 3am the store start at 5am (walmart) and we uasually dont finish the store till 6pm. the hardest part of the job is the management being bias.
Pros
traveling
Cons
living in hotels all week long
work
associate (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 22, 2016
it was the job that is easy to grasp, the atmosphere was okay it could have been a lot better as for coworkers well if you like being around people that would make you think about staying drunk just to cope with them then this job is a excellent place to work

the hardest part of this job was not enough sleep
the easy part of this job was no set hours

management she is pretty understandable and reasonable if she was my boss for another other job that would be alright certain need people like that in management
Pros
got plenty of breaks
Cons
no health care
not a fun place to work at but if you really need a job they hardly turn you away
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 24, 2016
This job is for if you really need a job to earn some side money wouldn't recommend making it a career move there is little room for advancement and some of the other supervisors can be really mean and there are not someone you can respect. if you are not in good with the managers they schedule you less jobs.
Pros
you can meke money when you are schedule for jobs
Cons
short breaks, real slave driver mentality, don't really cae for their employees
Horrible
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2016
They Are Not Organized. in orientation the lady told us black pants black shoes blue shirt .. so my first day i had black stretch pants on and the district manager clocked me out n said i wasn't in uniform after two hours of being there i tried to explain that the orientation coordinator didn't specify what type of pants they had to be she didnt care she removed me from the building and we were in river oaks calumet city , and i live on the south side of Chicago..she put me out with no way back home and in the rain.
Do NOT work here unless desperate
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 10, 2016
Don't get paid for hrs u work. Schedule is changing always. No training or mature management. Drug users work here. Low pay. Payroll always get messed up and u won't get paid!!!!
Cons
wis international was a bad experience
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2016
the hours are poor , the money was not consistent enough to live on. the management was very poor. witch made it hard to enjoy working
Pros
travel
Cons
hours
Unsteady hours, low rate of pay, low chances of getting raises.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 28, 2015
Very few opportunities to advance, no chance for full-time employment, some supervisors severely lack in people skills when it comes to dealing with the associates.
Pros
Variable schedule allows for time off. Good people to work with, for the most part.
Cons
Lack of opportunities, lack of raises, lack of training, lack of cross training, power hungry supervisors.
Okay place to work not a career maker
ART (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 22, 2016
Its not something to make a career out of. Its an okay job just not the best. The manager is rude and not very friendly. The co-workers are cool and down to earth