WIS International Employee Reviews

Found 1,391 reviews matching the search
Very Stressfull enviroment
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 18, 2017
I have worked for this company for several years, they expect a 5-6 hour turn around going to work with lack of sleep. Company expected their employees to lie to their customers.
Pros
Pay checks are great
Cons
Have know home life, lack of sleep and very stressfull work enviroments
Honest Review
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 17, 2017
What you will get from this job will be knowledge of how to use a scanning machine and a part time job that will keep you busy and pay you if you really need money. However, this job is underpaid. All associates make a non-negotiable 10 dollars an hour for an (expected) 6 hours of work time, but it's not guaranteed. You won't be paid for the travel that they provide as well.

My time working with these people has been unfortunate. Many of the managers and employees are rude and uneducated. Be aware of this before applying. It's not a job for making friends.

Advancement is (apparently) possible in this job, and unless you really mess up, your job is secure.
Pros
Easy, repetitive
Cons
Little to no break time, rude coworkers and managers, favoritism in management, terrible pay, insane hours (i.e. 8PM to 4AM)
productive
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 16, 2017
very easier and fast hire, as long you pass background check you will be good, will be alot of traveling and counting with your eyes and not hands very quick
Great company,early morning hours,provides transportation,online job schedules.
Area Recruiter Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 16, 2017
Making phone calls/setting up interviews in the office. When I am on out of the job Training/helping do inventory with early hours such as 3:00 AM Van times/driving work crew to and from job

I have learned patients goes a long way.

Management( A lot Favoritism)

Work culture is being inside different stores, working with different employees everyday.

The hardest part of the job would be the early hours, but I have been with this company 4 years. I am use to it..

The most enjoyable part of this job is, being able to see my work crew/friends working together as a team to get our job done, and go home for the day.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
Early morning hours .
everything is correct
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 15, 2017
At wis I loved that the fact I get to travel out of town and go to different stores in different cities to do there inventory that's very easy and moving at a fast pace
Fast pace, always a different scene
Invemtory supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 14, 2017
This was not at all what i was told it was goinf to be and when issue arise further assistance to speak to corporate was like a secret. My direct supervisors offered me no help nor would they allow me to have the number to corporate.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
High supervisors lacking to comminucate
I liked it.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14228July 14, 2017
I enjoyed WIS International. It was fun and fast paced. I like to do the long rides to whatever store we inventoried. Ilike the fact that we traveled outside of Buffalo alot.
Ok
Inventory/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  CheyenneJuly 14, 2017
Lots of travel, long days. Travel for days. Ok managers. Standing for up to 12 hours. No health benefits, ok pay. Good worker's, good store manager's.
N/a
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 14, 2017
Days can vary from 1 to 4 days a week different hours including late night to early morning. Management needs to invest to offices on why people are having problems with Area Managers
Pros
Cons
Work hours, Money
lots of work but management and coworkers suck
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2017
You have to get used to the crazy hours but once you do its pretty nice. there is always work so you don't have to worry about that. My boss was very forgiving but coworkers sucked. Many of my coworkers would try to start drama with people and my boss was forgiving and let the bullying and harassment continue. I would stay at this job but the hours are exhausting and i'm starting college soon so i need stable normal hours and i'm sick of being around drama starters
Pros
Always work
Cons
coworkers are trash
Very unprofessional
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2017
Checks were never accurate. Missing hours and never compensated. Supervisors were very disrespectful. Hours were ridiculous. Associates were tooken advantaged of.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Payroll
Good Experience
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 12, 2017
A great place to start.

Crazy hours, crazy work days, good memories.

Travel all across the state, see cool stuff - good fun.

Great people.

Would work here again, and likely will.
Pros
Easy, Good Pay
Competitive work place
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 12, 2017
Your days at WIS start out very early morning hours meeting at the office with your team of anywhere from 10 - 80+ employees. You drive to your destination anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours away to perform an inventory that may last anywhere from 1 - 18 hours depending on the customer. As the manager you do not release your crew or yourself until the customer you are servicing verifies all items and is satisfied.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, short crews
productive workplace
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 12, 2017
The management was very honest and encouraging. There was always opportunity to gain more shifts. I learned to count quickly and efficiently. It was a rewarding atmosphere.
Customer Services
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 11, 2017
With an extensive knowledge in Customer Services and Retail Wis International overall is a good company. Based off your work ethics you will be eligable for a pay raise every 6 weeks allowing you to be able to move up in the company.
bad experience
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
at WIS while the traveling, pay, work culture and teamwork was all off the experience i cant take back. i had the pleasure of using a counting gun that i would go on to use in almst every warehouse after the fact.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything
Very fast paced work environment with unpredictable scheduling.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJuly 10, 2017
The hardest part of being employed with WIS International is; the fact that there is no financial stability with their unpredictable scheduling. The most enjoyable part of being employed with WIS International is; we have the ability to travel the surrounding area and experience the opportunity of working in different locations.
Associate Merchandiser
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJuly 10, 2017
Few hours, lot of driving, company lost contracts limiting hours available, easy work. Not much advance warning or training on anything. They have benn looking to fill my job since 2016.
I will never work for them again
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2017
I will never work for them again. The only thing that was good was the travelling because I love to travel. But the pay sucked at that time and I couldn't pay any bills and have any money until the next pay day.
its ok
Area Recruiter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 10, 2017
Its ok to work here-Depends on the location is what type of manager you will deal with. My direct Manager was great to work with but the district manager was not the best people person.

Work hard for low wages- and again it depends what location you are in since the pay is different from office to office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7