WIS International

WIS International Employee Reviews

Not a good place to be
Van Driver/Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: you would get plenty of hours because people quit all the time.
Cons: no time to rest before the next store, everything else.
The location in Indianapolis is NOT a good office to work out of. Two cars, including my own, were stolen out of their parking lot. The only thing my boss asked me when told was to ask if I was still going to finish out my two week notice. We later found out that other cars, catalytic converters and gas had been stolen from the very same lot. Not only was this information not given to us before we started, they refused to do anything to increase security at the location. There are no cameras in the lot and half the lights don't work. Another thing that happens is you would work from the evening of the day before until around 2am, go back to the office only to get back on another van leaving at 3am that generally would not get back to the office until well after noon. Drivers wouldn't be allowed to rest before driving the crews out which is very dangerous. Half the vans were either already broken down in the lot or broke down at the store. The rest would have missing headlights, nonfunctional door handles, heaters wouldn't work right, the drivers seat would be stuck back at a horrible angle and the level to make it move would be broken off. I do NOT recommend the Indianapolis location to ANYBODY. Stay away.
Tedious and monotonous work with little advancement possibilities.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Typical day of work would start very early in the morning, before most stores opened for business. Included marking all products that needed to be counted for inventory, setting up units that collected all the information, and brief the team that was being lead on our time constraints. Very high turn over rate with inventory counters, not much area to advance once in the company. Hardest part of the job was making sure the inventory count of the entire store was accurate and expedited in a timely fashion before the store would open for normal daily business. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork and camaraderie that was present when a count was moving swiftly.
OK place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: odd hours
At Wis there were no typical days. Everyday was different. We had various managers that we answered to. The co-workers were nice, but basically it was a solo job. The hardest part about the job was the odd hours of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling.
Needs new management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay, travel opportunites.
Cons: horrible management
Everything was great at first until after the first month. Most workers got lazy which made the rest of us work even harder because we had to pick up their slack but never got any advancements for our work.
Management is just horrible. Manager would tell us to not listen to the supervisors but would leave and have them in charge so it would leave the rest of us confused as to who to really listen to on that work day. Managers are cold hearted, for a lack of better words, and forced me to chose between taking my injured child to the hospital or leaving her alone and go into work. I called the manager 90 minutes before I had to come in and explained to him the situation as to how I was the only one at that time who could take my child to the hospital but he told me "if you don't come in on time today then don't come back at all" so I left that company and refused to come back even after he contacted me to come help them with a major store because I felt disrespected to force a man to choice between his injured child and his work.
Unproductive and micromanaging atmosphere.
Area Manager (Current Employee), ANYWHERE, USJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: cell phone reimbursement.
Cons: just about everything.
I would work about 16 hours every day during the busy time of the year, up to six days of week. During the "less" busy time of the year, I would work -- at the minimum -- 65 hours a week, which includes the incredible number of hours traveling from one forgettable town to the next. Honestly, there was a horrible life/work balance, and I will not miss it whatsoever.

Upper management is out of touch with the younger generation of workers that have come to be the most prominent base of their counting force -- relying on their old-school tactics to handle situations poorly. The amount of micromanaging is incredible as well, e.g. I could barely go two hours during my stressful mornings without a barrage of texts "asking" for updates.

Corporate would rather pay someone minimum wage coming into the company, slap them into real-time inventory situations without proper training (in most offices, but not all), than schedule someone that has been around for years and knows every account because that veteran makes too much money. They view someone that has been with the company for more than 20 years as expendable because they make too much for an hourly employee -- often times trying their damnedest to make sure that they never see their name on any of their inventory schedules by giving that employee an ungodly CPH (Count Per Hour) to attain. But, hey, after 20 years I'm sure that employee would love to receive a commemoration plaque from a company that could care less about him/her.

Oh, and every employee better be at 100% of their CPH come appraisal time though, or else that employee will probably not even be considered for a raise.

All-in-all, avoid this company.
I wasted years of my life here
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Southwestern OntarioJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: sometimes the office had magazines to read
Cons: the job and all the unethical things that came with it
I started off needing a job and liked the opportunity to travel and visit other areas of the country, but then after so much time I realized I was never really getting anywhere. Wage starts off as minimum with semi-annual raises of 15-30 cents so there's no incentive for pay. Company works on a CPH system which is how much you can count per hour. Management works on RPH system which is how much money the company makes per hour off of the employees. Because of this influx inventories are rushed so the employee works less hours and the RPH for the company goes up. This hurts all businesses because inventories are not accurate, management has a who cares/let's just get out of here attitude. Management pushes you to guess quantities of products and will schedule you less if you are slower trying to provide accuracy. For AQ1 I was told by my management to scan the same product consistently instead of each and every one like the store manager's wanted. Most shifts are incredibly early in the morning and only last 3 hours. Most weeks you work 20 hours. Travel for job locations less than 48 minutes away is never paid. Most days you have to fight for a break as breaks hurt the RPH. I was asked by my manager to use a rolling ladder with broken wheels that clearly had a sign on it that said Do Not Use and he said don't worry about it, it's safe and you don't have to roll it. Minutes cut off of every shift without warning or explanation.
productive and fun work wise and employees
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2015
working for WIS International was an amazing experience. Although the hours were haywire, i was sick because i didn't have time to rest, i was up and down with working full time, and on top of that barley ate because i was working so much, after one job was done i was on to the next, my managers were amazing though. i couldn't have asked for better colleagues and managers.
inventory control
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 20, 2015
counting all different materials, clothes, things at mall and stores. drive to different stores
Pretty much the most painful work experience I've ever had.
Inventory Supervisor / Manager On Record (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: money... when the payroll is correct
Cons: lack of sleep, 12, 14, 16 hour or more shifts, lack of respect from management...
Painful for your body and your mental state. Many times I finished a 12 to 16 hour shift and had to leave to do the same three hours later. Eventually worked my way into management, did the secondary background check and the urinalysis test... Then two months later had to take them again because my boss let the time limit to submit the information lapse. Then finally was a manager running stores and doing all the computer work and time sheet stuff but after two months never got my managers raise and was only making as much as a new hire. Still felt bad about quitting but at the time I did all the new managers at my office.. Including the ones who got promoted before me were still waiting for their raises. HR gives very dry mechanical responses and after waiting three days to hear why I had no raise and no laptop to run my stores on... I quit. I did'nt want to because despite all the bad I actually enjoyed a lot of the people I worked with. But I upheld my end of things and they didn't . I guess thats pretty much. What you can expect from WIS.
productive job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), richland hils,txJanuary 19, 2015
I come in early morning, meet at various different stores to collect inventory at there store. This job is a great job because you get to work with great people.
Productive and fun with abundance in diversity.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: travel and lodging
Cons: inconsistant working hours
A typical early workday. Learned many pricing variations with variety of products. I enjoyed management even when situations seem a bit intense. My co-workers though seemingly overworked seemed to come together on common ground to get the job completed in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is getting up early enough. The most enjoyable part of the job is the travel. Getting an opportunity to see different cities and seeing different retail stores.
fast
Inventory specialist (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Analyzing and sorting income tax files. I loved working there I liked that it was constant work no down time.
Not a job I would recommend
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: everything
Not only was I provided a with wrongful information about the job the District Manager was by far the worst I have worked for. My immediate boss however was one of the best and we shared most of the same responsibilities and problems that we were promised. One being we would be able to create our own standard of living and schedule which of coarse was a lie because we had to cover most of buffalo and Syracuse's stores to which lead us to a lot of 6 day work weeks. Not to mention they are CHEAP! don't pay their employees squat. REGIS pays more then them.
traveling to different patrs of the city
inventory (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: hotel stay
Cons: short breaks
a great day a the work place traveling I learned how to use a scangun got along well with my coworkers the hardest part of the job was keeping balance on the ladders.the most enjoyable part of the job was breaks at the hotels.
fun job
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Good job once you get the hang of it. Inventory can be very tedious but gets easier the more you do it.
Strict Professional enviorment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 11, 2015
WIS International was a great place to work. You got very close to co-workers because of trips taken together. Although once at a site all got serious and professional that's how it should be.
Tedious and boring, but one of the easiest jobs you'll ever have!
Inventory Auditor, Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: easiest job you'll have
Cons: full time hours with part time pay. sketchy travel reimbursement.
Typical day at work consists of counting, counting, more repetitive counting! There is a bit of a learning curve for learning the machines, but after a week you get the idea and work out the program glitches as you work. Simplest but least exciting job you'll encounter.
Flawed scheduling system where jobs are posted online for you to "confirm" your attendance, however if you don't confirm that doesn't mean you cant show up, it counts as a no-show. These always-required job schedules will sometimes not be posted until the morning before, causing havoc on your personal life.
UNPAID TRAVEL! They will advertise you get paid for travel, but the fine print is that they will refuse to reimburse for an hour's worth of travel in either direction to out of city locations, and also refuse to reimburse if you chose not to utilize the cramped, stinky, hot/cold, unsafe vans that are provided.
Promises of advancement were humored but not honored; went through the training for manager and was never reimbursed for the training hours nor granted the position as promised.
They will hire anyone, as long as you don't have violence or larceny on record.
Hardest part of the job was the pay, dealing with the unpaid travel and assorted missing reimbursements (Class action lawsuit filed, and we won).
Most enjoyable part was interacting with coworkers and store employees (our customers), and befriending them out of the workplace, as most everyone is the same age group.
My time at WIS
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Rancho CucamongaJanuary 6, 2015
A typical work day was between 4 and 8 hours. I would get to work, due my work, then go home. I was normally left alone by the supervisors and managers because I learned how to excel in my field very fast.
Inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Belpre, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Went state to state doing Inventory in stores much as Walmart dollar stores.. Very thing in the store had to be scanned.
productive company. learned alot and understood what was taught to me,
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), memphis tnJanuary 6, 2015
Our days mostly start off at 5am in the morning or before depending if we have to travel. One thing i enjoyed the most about the company was my co-workers and traveling to places i never seen or heard of. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the wisards. But after a short period of time i came natural to me and i was able to show others who had questions about the terminal.

About WIS International

WIS International is growing, and needs your help! If you enjoy working in a new location every day and being part of a dynamic, – Read more

WIS International Salaries