WIS International Employee Reviews

Found 1,389 reviews matching the search
Don't Waste Your Time.
Area Recruiter and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2017
If you get hired here, you are nothing more than a number. You will be expected to basically give up your life to work here. Don't even apply if you have small children, enjoy sleeping in, if you have another job, or want to work another job while working here. The schedules won't work out.

This job just isn't for most people. It felt like I was hiring for a temp service more than anything. I would hire people and most would quit within 2 weeks of getting hired. The point very quickly got lost.

It is very hard to find people who can work from 2:00AM until the job is finished (Sometimes 5-6 pm at night.)

If you do get hired, you will be working with other people who can't get hired anywhere else. Just think about that....

Try it out if you're brave. Just be prepared to work hard and sweat for a little more than minimum wage.

Also, if you are not a salaried manager, you won't get any hours beginning mid-late November. Work slows down towards the end of the year near Christmas, when you need money the most. Be prepared to get a seasonal job around that time.

Insurance is available, but all employees (unless you are upper management) are part-time, meaning you are not eligible for sick time or vacation time.

If you just need money, be sure to show up for work, learn how to use the handheld counting machine, and count fast. The Inventory Associate and Driver jobs are perfect for kids just out of school, or retired people.
Pros
Had most holidays off (unpaid)
Cons
Overtime Not Available, even when it was needed, Unpaid Holidays off. No Sick/Vacation time for Part-Time Employees
Good job for younger people
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 6, 2017
This can be a great job for someone who doesn't have a family. The hours are long and erratic. There isn't a set time to get off you go home whenever the inventory gets finished. The hours are all over the place and sometimes from from night to the next morning. You travel to a lot of different locations. Management is easy to work with. Sometimes your schedule runs into your next scheduled day when an inventory runs long. Also at times an inventory will be cancelled while you are there and you missed that days work
Pros
You driven to your locations.
travel job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2017
the only benefit about this job is the fact that you can travel. if you like to travel this job ids for you. if you like to wake up at 4.am this job is for you
Flexible scheduling
Inventory Associate/Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77506July 5, 2017
You have a flexible schedule to work with.
Jobs start really early in the morning with no specific end time and you don't receive a lot of hours
It's a very relaxed environment with different people to interact with
Managers are easy to talk to
Pros
Paid travel time
Cons
Not a lot of hours, could go days without jobs
Structure
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 4, 2017
Your job had you require other people to work faster than you did, or you all wouldn't succeed. A lot of times our quota was not met which required long strenuous hours.
busy and always on point with slackers here and there
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 3, 2017
with wis international the job wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard either. I would say that the times are flexible, but then again they aren't. the big bosses need to realize that a good work environment will only happen if theirs enough employees to take on a job like G by guess, or Polo, or Bath and Body works. You cant just simple have everyone who couldn't work the night shift to call out of work and only have 12 crew members on deck. That's beyond me.
Pros
Traveling to different places
Cons
no leg room in the vans!!!!
Wis
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 1, 2017
The hours are long and work environment was difficult. The conditions I had to work in were not good, on your feet and bending for approximately 6 hours. And the travel time to each location were at time 3 hours in one direction.
seasonal slow down
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 29, 2017
Traveling inventory team. jobs were put on a schedule for us to accept or not. around the holidays jobs slow because retail stores dont want to do inventory during the holidays.
very understanding employer
inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 28, 2017
management was very understanding. Residents and family were first priority. enjoyed all aspects of job. I learned to handle all kinds of mental and medical situations
Very interesting
Supervisor (Inventory Counter) (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 28, 2017
I learned to adjust every morning to different complicated situation counting over my crew mistake looking over my crew learning my crew was an great experience
it was productive
auditor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 28, 2017
I liked i tried to call the job but they cut my hours from 20 to about 10 a week. I got sick and i tried to call out but there was no one to reach. the number i tried to call was disconnected.
Too much
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  VAJune 28, 2017
Orientation doesn't really show one how to preform the job. There is no formal intro of the managers or supervisors. I guess we just supposed to know who they are. Too much attitudes and drama going around between teams. Some wanna work; some don't. Which keeps people longer on the store. You may think it sound good, but its not! Travel is alright if they paid more than 9.25 to commute a hour or more to work. Beings that they don't. Traveling sucks! No headphones, but people talk all day and loudly. I don't understand that! Stores be extremely hot, because they don't turn on the AC until the store open to the customers. I heard several refer to it as a plantation. You get dirty and dusty.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short breaks, attitudes, power tripping, long hours, Hot, dirty and dusty, low pay
It was a very positive work environment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 28, 2017
It was a very memorable and fun experience while i was there although some managers were rude, obnoxious, and unprofessional.
The compensation was legit, but the hours were sporadic.
Pros
traveling
Cons
extremely early hours sometimes
Nice to see new places but hardly ever see family
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 26, 2017
The crew was nice. They say flexible scheduling but that is obviously a lie. Long hours on the job and leaves you screwed if there is an emergency at home.
Pros
see new places
Cons
too many lies
Its a great experience. New places and new faces
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 26, 2017
I enjoy my managers and our working crew, I appreciate the van ride share service. The pay card is convenient and a lot less hassle than giving your routing numbers and bank information.
Pros
ride help
Cons
location of meeting point
Great place to work.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 26, 2017
Wis offers opportunity for growth, you grow based on your productivity. You don't show up for work one day within the first 90 days probation period, you get terminated, however, since they give you your schedule two weeks in advance, they need you to put in a three weeks notice to enable them get you off the schedule for the day you won't be available.Everyone is re-evaluated every 6 months in the company,they have all the benefits one can think . They communicate more by email than phone calls. They also have discounts with every retail company in America, after 90 days you pretty much qualify for most of the benefits and in 6 months you have access to it all. Now if you cannot stand for long hours and do not like to get up at 2am or 3am to catch a van, this is not the job for you, they pay travel time pay on every job that's an hour or more mile radius from their Norcross office location.
Great place to work.
Cons
short breaks(30mins)
If you have open availability a good place to work
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 25, 2017
Hours are not set. Starting times are anytime within a 24 hour period. Some days you work 7 hrs the next could be only 3. If you do not have family responsibility's this would be a good job for you
Pros
travel
Cons
no benefits, weird hours
Worst job ive ever had
Traveling Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonne Terre, MOJune 24, 2017
If you want to go up and down on ladders all day scanning Barcodes as quickly as you can then you might like it. My first day I went through 4 machines for scanning and it was so stressful. You get one hour for lunch and that's the only break you get all day. The training was very poor. Other employees had to show me things the managers never bothered to show me. Also the managers sit and chit chat all day while the crew is busting their butts trying to count an entire store. Would never recommend it for anyone. The pay is terrible as well.
Pros
Cons
Not enough breaks. Boring. Repetitive.
It was an awful job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80909June 24, 2017
It was an awful job that didn't try to work with its employees. Sometimes I wasn't even paid on time and this a job that makes you travel around for it's sake.
Traveling different places
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2017
Get paid every week traveling to different places get good break time . very long hours .but don't provide good pay very difficult timeing I have a start time but don't have a finishing time
Pros
45 min break transportation
Cons
Work long period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7