WIS International Employee Reviews in United States

Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 19, 2015
A typical day working here started about 4am driving to the company van and then riding and extra 2 hours or so to the location you were going to inventory. Most jobs started between 6am-8am and you could be there till 5pm-8pm on a typical day. The worst part about this job is the base pay is minimum wage so by the time you filled your tank with gas and bought yourself food for lunches for the week you have very little left to pay any bills. In order to get a raise you have to move faster, it doesn't matter how long you have been there. You could try harder every day but if you don't meet your counts and exceed you do not get a raise and the raises are normally only $.25 on top of it all. The best part of the job was the work environment. You get to drive all over and see new faces each day and work with a variety of people. Everyone's attitudes are typically chipper and filled with cheer except for the days that you are scheduled for two separate inventories right after each other and then another one first thing in the morning. Most of the time you have to take cat naps on the van just to get some energy back.
Pros
Cheerful environment
Cons
Low pay
N/a
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2015
it was fun while I had it some people was ok to work with just didn't like the hours either work you day or night you just had to be available
terrible and unfriendly management
inventory (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 2, 2015
Hands down worst place i ever worked at, training was terrible, and the one day i worked, The supervisor was rude and very unprofessional. after working for 6 hours, i had to wait for the manager for 2 hrs outside, to go home in the shuttle. And yet the worst part is that they never paid me, after speaking with the recruiter and manager. Worst company ever!!!
Pros
great job
Cons
management, schedule, time unpaid for wait time and travel
Very flexible, simple, fun, GREAT!
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2015
Management is laid back and awesome!, the work is oh so simple, get to travel, promising advancement options for the right persons. scheduling with a family, with a single mother, and one vehicle is just a little far fetched sometimes. Over all this job in my opinon is best for college students, very part time, or second job, just need some extra cash or to catch up on a few past dues kind of thing!! Very Awesome experience though, and great company!
Pros
very flexible, understanding, laid back type of company
Cons
schedules, hours, and pay are not that great, for a single mom, with multiple kids, and this as the main source of income. what doesn't get in the way of the times scheduled, will definitely kick your butt in hours!
Only if you need a check
driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 26, 2015
I'm not a disgruntled ex employee. I want you to know that this is not a good place to work. If you just need some income in a transitional period, then yes, but otherwise keep it moving. The pay is terrible, and only management gets benefits. You may get 8 hours, you may get 4, depends on the store you're counting. Sometimes you will have a 20hr check, and although rare, you may get 36hrs. If you drive, you make more than the rest of the crew. So try to get a driver position. It also keeps you from being sardined into that van. I believe in chances, but they take it to the extreme. No drug tests, all felonies welcome. I was literally working with two guys that had just finished doing serious felony time. (20+ years) You do travel a bit, but its rarely out of state. Oh yeah! The driver gets a nice hotel room while you're in the store slaving away. He's gotta be fresh to drive. Yes I was a driver.
Pros
If you can count, you can work
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no background checks, careless management
If you're willing to slave, then this joke of a job is 4 you
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2015
Where do I start? The pay is $8.50/hr, they are soooo unprofessional, management is a joke. My 3rd time working on the job, we went to an location, kohl's in VA, which was an hour away from Baltimore, I WAS LEFT ON THE JOB. THEY HAD ABOUT 20/25 ppl cramped into a van. Smh THAT'S THE DAY I QUIT
Pros
No drug test, start working immediately
Cons
EVERYTHING
Review
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 24, 2015
Inconsistant pay and hours with no family life when working but there is consistant time off with the ability to move up when desired
Pros
time off, ability to move up, raises
Cons
no insurance, no family time and inconsistancy in hours and pay
Time passes quickly
Inventory associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 23, 2015
Counting merchandise for various types of clients to their specifications. Speed and accuracy are the emphasis of most jobs. Requires excellent math and problem solving skills.
little room for advancement low wages
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Penn Hills, PANovember 21, 2015
I would not recommend this company for anyone looking for more than a paycheck. No clear path to advance. I do not think they really expect people to stay so they aren't prepared to discuss anything more than a few months at a time.
Not a good place to work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 18, 2015
Was so unorganized managers are very rude, co workers was nice I like the job a little because we got to work independently ..
Fun traveling in company van to other cities.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 17, 2015
I wasn't treated fair by my ex-employer, because of my beliefs. No benefits. The goal requirements was how fast and accurate you can count. They wanted you to count 13,000 items in one store sometimes. You work with 20-30 other people. Every six months you have a chance to receive a bonus .50 cents more per hour. In order to receive the bonus you must reach the goal requirement. The goal is constantly changing.
Pros
Transporteed to a pacific location and back. Bonus every six months.
Cons
Highly unlikely to meet the goal requirements.
Productive and a great traveling experience
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2015
The most enjoyable thing about the job is the traveling experience. Wis allowed me to see a little more of the world and also try different restaurants in different cities. The actual inventory counting is fun also. The store has to be counted as quickly and accurate as possible. Overall Wis International is a decent to work if you love to travel.
Pros
Paid Traveling
Cons
Healthcare
Inventory company
Inventory Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2015
Managed and counted inventories for large warehouse and retail stores. Counted and reconciled inventories for other companies
Cons
long hours, little pay, work in and out door.
review
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2015
long days and nights,learned about inventory, helpful co workers,travel, burn out running from one job to another,too much management.
Pros
travel
Cons
long days and nights
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 12, 2015
a typical day at work was always busy, which was a wonderful thing. My time here was short lived, as a result, I don't have much of a review to give.
calm environment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work consist of counting inventory. Something I learned was how to count merchandise. The managers there were helpful. My co-workers were respectful and we all worked together as a team. The hardest part about the job was making sure the tags were done at a certain time. The part about the job I enjoyed the most was getting long hours and traveling.
Pros
free hotel stay
Cons
bad management
Never Home
Inventory Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSNovember 9, 2015
We were always out of town helping another area in our district. Do to poor hiring skills Omaha NE never could keep a full crew to do there inventories. So Kansas City KS was always going up north for weeks. Never home with families.
Pros
company van, gas card, laptop and other equiptment
Cons
Never home with family
Ok job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
Didn't really like job because of the low pay. I met some great people working at this job though. Still friends until this day.
Pros
Great enviorment, Travel.
Cons
Low pay
Ok but could be better...
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2015
Not enough pay, Management expects high counts but doesn't know how or where to place people on the job. Four hours or less work days and not enough job to be covered for the week.
Cons
4 hr or less work days, not enough pay
most enjoyable part
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 8, 2015
going to work getting the job done and able to work with different customers daily. different locations working with different supervisors and customers
Pros
different customers daily. variable hours
Cons
na