Wisconsin Events

Wisconsin Events Employee Reviews

Awful
Event worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2012
Pros: ability to travel, can move up quickly, nice coworkers, lots of energy
Cons: travel far, not honest, unflexible
Wisconsin Events is a pyramid scheme, by all means. They try to build you up by playing games, doing quizzes and what not. You start off the day by showing up at 8am, staying til around 9am, and then you either are sent off to your Sam's Club, or you get to go home for 2 seconds before starting a shift at 12 and working til 8-8:30. There is no work/life balance. Didn't get paid how I calculated (commission was WAY off, even though when they explained it, based off that I would've gotten more). I worked a week straight, no half days or anything right when I started---I wouldn't have minded except for the fact that all other brand new employees had time off, and I was scheduled for another full week the next time.

Heckling people to buy products they didn't want was awful. It's great if you're the type to get "sales" that way, but when the company promises you that you're NOT selling anything, that is a lie.
Great opportunity to grow
Team Manager (Current Employee), Greenfield, WiNovember 15, 2012
Pros: paid travel, accelerated management program, fun/professional coworkers
Cons: a fair amount of driving between events
This company has helped me reach my personal and professional goals by listening to what I need and want to accomplish and then does whatever they can to help me along the way. Learning time management is cruicial though. I have learned so much about marketing, consumer behavior, how to manage people, and how to interview effectively. What you get out of this job is what you put in!
Misleading
marketing associate (Former Employee), Greenfield, WINovember 8, 2012
Pros: commission can be good if you are a sales man
Cons: horrible hours, ridiculous expectations, wastes a lot of time
The way they make it sound is that this is a dream job that will advance you so quickly it will blow your mind. They also tell you that you will get days two days off a week no matter what but what they failed to mention is that if you don't come in on your days off anyway you are then looked down upon.

Walking around Sam's Club trying to convince people to buy products they don't need is annoying. The good thing is that if you are a natural sales person then you will make pretty good money. The travel opportunity is pretty cool but the discouragement of hanging out with your co-workers was also unrealistic.
It is not what it seems
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2012
Pros: you learn marketing (kind of)
Cons: you sell stuff at sam's club and get treated like a child
When you first go in they make it seem fun and exciting. It really isn't. They give off some sense of professionalism but it soon fades. There are a million details they don't tell you but are suppose to know. You sell stuff in Sam's Club to members who don't want it. But if your pitch is right, they'll buy it. They scheduling is awful. The "owner" gave me my schedule just to have one of her managers call me on my day off to tell me I was scheduled. She said I had to come in and work.....I was over an hour away on a day trip with my family and she was on the phone asking how soon could I be there. I could go on and on...Enter at your own risk. The pay is poor and so are the hours unless you are someone's favorite. Side note: There is a lot of gossip, like high school.
Productive & fun environment to learn & advance!
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2012
Pros: travel opportunities, rapid advancement / growth opportunities, great people, pay
Cons: must be good at time management
Working with Wisconsin Events has been an amazing opportunity! You learn so much in such a short time period! I excelled quickly through the program and have met a lot of other successful and fun people while working here. Everyone is very positive and has great attitudes. Best part about working here is by far the people! The relationships made here are great. Hardest part is being patient. Not everyone learns at the same pace so being patient with myself and others was a struggle for me personally. The management is great they understand/are flexible in different situations and explain why things happen instead of just telling you to do something, so everything is a learning experience.
There is no work/life balance
Developing Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2012
You learn a ton of information from the Office Manager. There is very little advancement and the pay is base off of your performance.

September 28, 2012

This review is way off... Not sure what company this is really supposed to be for, but all Wisconsin Events does is help their employees GROW and LEARN to ADVANCE! That's the main goal to teach and train others so they can be successful in the marketing/promotions field.