Wise Regional Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXDecember 6, 2015
Great place to work. People and friendly and great benefits. The hospital is a growing facility. Great hours and wonderful upper management.
Steady job with set schedule. Gym is a plus to have on the premisis.
Admissions Representative/Switchboard (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXAugust 25, 2015
Love working the schedule that I have been given. Have tried to advance with being told I would under no circumtances be transfered or moved up due to being to much of a help to my supervisor and boss. Would love to move up as I strive to do the best of my abilitly and have as much advancement as possible. I love giving my all plus more to my job. Any help I can give is a plus for me. I will work when called in if possible. I have put things that I have had planned in the past in order to work when called in at the last minute. I will give 100% plus more. I am a fast learner and strive to learn as much as I possiblly can. I would love to be given the chance to prove myself.
Pros
If an emergency arrises my boss does see that she will work with me as possible.
Cons
No advancement will be given to me and I feel stuck in a dead end job.
Excellent Health Care Establishment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Wise Regional Healthcare. My Supervisor is great to work for. I really liked helping clients in their Physical Therapy.
Productive, fast pace, enjoyed my position
Referral/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 23, 2015
Going on 10 years. Great place to work. Begin my day with double checking the previous procedure for the day before. Print out the schedule for 2 weeks at a time and verify medical benefits and obtain authorization if needed for CT/MRI/NUC meds.
Pros
High patient flow, always busy, great atmosphere, good peoples
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome!!!!!!
ER Admissions (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TxApril 24, 2015
Great place to work. People are welcoming and treat you like family! Cafeteria is fantastic (omelettes are the best) I do not want to leave but I am relocating.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday, treat you like family
Cons
alot of gossip around Wise county
Close knit community hospital
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXOctober 20, 2014
Close knit community hospital. Great place to start in career and learn and grow
poor
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  surgeryOctober 18, 2014
the hospital was divided on two sides of a main highway diffacult to get supplies from one side to the other
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great small hospital
LVN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 22, 2014
was a great small place to get your skills up, and got to interact and really feel connected with the patients, unlike bigger and busier hospitals
Pros
environment
Cons
called off alot
Learning environment
RN-Interventional Radiology (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXJanuary 24, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Wise Regional for approximately five years. I have worked in three different departments which have allowed me to learn a variety of skills. I've learned to take care of post heart cath patients, post CABG patients, ICU patients, Interventional Radiology patients. Interventional Radiology has been particularly interesting since I've become very familiar with moderate sedation and recovering patients. The hardest part of the job is learning time management with the variety of different patients and large influx of patients in my current department. We not only do procedures, but we consent and start IV's for CT, we do infusion services, we do Lexiscans, and a variety of other things that hit our doors.
Pros
work with strong nurses, good manager
Cons
often not having time for lunches, 12 hour shifts
Icu / ccu
ICU / CCU (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXDecember 10, 2013
I worked in ICU for almost 10 years. Our unit was taken over by CCU and that boss. The old boss was good but did play favorites, The new boss and his assistant made work unbearable. Like another person said, drama and clicks. I did not take the benefits because they are to expensive and my husband has better insurance. As the units merged they said they would not change schedules but that was a lie. They changed my schedule totally and when I said I work my schedule /days for a reason they said "we don't care" work it or go somewhere else. I put my notice in but was told to leave before my 2 weeks and was denied unemployment. CCU bosses VERY RUDE and difficult to work for!! As far as I know there are 31 people gone from my old unit.
Pros
was close to drive to
Cons
was miserable to go to work after merger!
I feel WRHS is a assest to this area.
RN casemanager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXApril 23, 2013
I enjoyed working for WRHS until the last year of employment
Pros
state of the art technology with a friendly atmosphere
Cons
supervisor
Productive and fun workplace. People were friendly and easy to work with.
Bariatrics-Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXDecember 13, 2012
I enjoyed working at the hospital and being around friendly people.
typical day at wise
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXAugust 6, 2012
on a typical day at wise, it can be quite enjoyable or flat out miserable. I have been employed for over a year, the health insurance is not that great it has a very high cost as well as it costing alot in copays, the vacation time/benefits are not even worth the pay that its gonna cost. I started out making less money than anyone else in my department and it has gone down since last year. Management is never happy and therefor make it miserable for everyone else. SO MANY CLIQUES! Its a lot of drama for the most part. I really do enjoy my job but would never suggest this hospital, if you stay late its a huge issue but if you leave something unfinished its a huge issue. Its a issue either way and it makes everyone miserable after a while. if someone wants to work for a hospital in this area go into downtown fort worth its worth the drive over this place, more money and better benefits.
Pros
job security
Cons
benefits cost too much, drama, and shift hours are difficult to keep up with as they change often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wise Regional Health System. Our community is ready to answer.