WISE SNACKS Employee Reviews

The place is a dump!
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAOctober 4, 2017
As a maintenance mechanic at wise, expect to be lied to from the interview forward. They'll tell you "We work a few weekends" . That means 7 days a week, wether there are jobs/work to be done or not. Guaranteed, you will have no home life, and plan on 12 hour shifts if it's anytime during the spring or summer. They are completely understaffed in the maintenance department and refuse to hire on more for shift coverage, so plan on working by yourself if someone calls off. There is no preventative maintenance program and they refuse to buy parts, all the equipment is rigged together "for now" until the parts come in, and they never do. The department is full of "old timers" that will tell you to your face that they aren't there to work, they are just collecting a paycheck. And the list goes on.... If you value your sanity and family life, steer clear of this dump, it's a waste of time.

It is however a good place to work if you just need a paycheck until something better comes along.
Pros
Great place to lay over until something better comes along
Cons
To many to list
Fast Paced
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach SC areaSeptember 20, 2017
Fast paced environment. Making my own times to work is nice for flexabilty. Can be in and out very quickly. Like being in several areas in a day. The faster I work the more Money i can make for my time.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Traffic
Aweful
No job title (Former Employee) –  BerwickJune 17, 2017
They have a compamy who does the indeed job postings which wise does not check. Their human resource employee is a bit racist toward anyone who is white. They are forcing mandatory overtime daily for everyone. It is a horrible place to work for with absolutley zero employee appriciation
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything listed in description
Meh
S& b snacks driver/distributor (Former Employee) –  5 terminal rdApril 11, 2017
If a person just starts the distribution business dont try this company. Nobody had any answers..the district manager wasnt there long enough to know anything. Overall experience the worst.
Dsd representative
INDEPENDENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  SPRINGFIELD , MA.February 19, 2017
Your mentorship and defining your success, are the most important elements of operating this franchise . Take the time to operate your business optimally by maximizing sales and capitizing on opportunity , myservices are cost productive and affordable with a short learning curve .
Pros
Long productive days
great
Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
Working for this company gave me great experience in customer support and office work. Had a very friendly team of coworkers who made me feel like family
Great job with opportunity for growth
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 5, 2016
I have been working for Wise for more than a year now and couldn't be happier with the direction we are moving in. When it comes to the work environment it is a very family oriented team. Management is very supportive and I look forward to growing within the company.
Pros
Field work, not being stuck in office all day
A Life of Snack Foods
Administrative Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Moonachie, NJAugust 5, 2016
I have worked for Wise Foods for over 36 years. Through hard and conscientious work, I was given the opportunities to learn and advance myself to the position I hold currently. I have worked and still work with many great people. You work as a Team and doing so, you keep learning everyday and you become successful! This has been a great Company for me to work for. When life throws you personal challenges, Wise Foods understood and has been there to help.
Pros
You have healthcare, pension, retirement plans and the opportunity to improve yourself.
Cons
Healthcare too costly & everyone wants more $
Terrible place to work
Warehouse worker/route jumper/sales manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2016
You will be overworked with no extra pay. They pay you for 40 hours but you will work 60 hours a week. Upper management will not help with any training of any sort. Upper management will believe anything said by drivers and not consult with local manager. They threaten to fire you over any little thing no matter how good of a worker you are. STAY AWAY!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Just about everything
Tough job but certainly has rewards
IBO Independent Business Operator (Former Employee) –  route was in central NYOctober 9, 2014
I was an independent contractor for Wise foods. My route was a tough one with high mileage.
My day started at 5am and finished around 1ish. Schedule and organization is everything. Being self employed I did not really have any co-workers.
Pros
Independant work, great customers
Cons
The truck fuel and maintenance
work environment
Material Handler/ Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NYMarch 19, 2012
i would not recommend WISE as an employer in Syracuse NY ! Very tempermental and edgy environment to work in!!!!!
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
management