Wishard Health Services Employee Reviews

I do not wish to review
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
For a non-profit, this job was pretty profit-driven. No thought was given to dealing with a difficult population or the fact that most clients were severely mentally ill. Billing insurance was the main focus of leadership.
Eskenazi Health Services
Staff Nurse II/ PEP Preceptor, (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2017
Eskenazi Health is a state of the art brand new hospital in the heart of Marion County. There are many advantages to being employed at Eskenazi Health. Work life balance can sometimes be difficult. The Management Style is closed and can be threatening. There are many zero tolerance policies and immediate termination is frequently stressed without 100% compliance.
Pros
Eskenazi Health's Culture and Diversity
Cons
The Management Style
Very bad environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2017
If you want a place where management will not care about employees, work for Eskenazi
As in many companies, the people that likes you will give you a promotion, no matter your skills or education.
Pros
Good food at the cafeteria
Cons
Nepotism
productive work place with a 24 hour gym
Eligibility Resource Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day was busy working in the ER department there was never a boring day. I learned being there that you should always carry a smile on your face because its always somebody looking and you could be the one that builds them up or tear them down.
Pros
friendly employess
Cons
short breaks
The most enjoyable part of my job
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2016
When working at Wishard, I was reminded every day that I was there as part of their overall mission to serve the community of Indianapolis. As the public hospital, Wishard was there for the underserved. It was gratifying to know I was a part of such an important mission.
Pros
Working with different departments
Cons
The work load was difficult to manage at times
Good Experience
School-Based Clinician and Crisis Specalist PRN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2015
I had a good experience working for Wishard; they treated me well and gave me room to grow in my career. I left because I had a baby and could not work full time and pay for child care.
Co-workers were like family
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2015
Work day included meeting with not only employees and staff but interaction with patients was typical. I learned that not only did patients need assistance but from time to time co-workers and management did as well. The area I worked in gave an opportunity to interact with patients and doctors. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients you may have become friendly with leave although they were a lot better that part was bitter sweet. Loved getting to know interns, doctors etc.
Pros
Interacting with patients and doctors
RUN from ERA dept
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
if you are not desperate find another job. Wishard/eskenazi has amazing people working there, but Elegiblility Resource Advocate department is the worst place to work over there. Low salary, very hardy work days with patients, director and manager are difficult to deal with
Pros
co-workers and health benefit
Cons
parking, salary and managment
Good place for job growth
Human Resources Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Human Resources-RecruitmentDecember 12, 2014
Working here has given me many opportunities. The thing that I love most about working here is I was given a chance to work in various job titles and was able to experience different job roles. The knowledge I obtained in each area I worked has been helpful with each new job title I took on. It is a very fast paced environment and has given me the challenges that I needed so I could be where I am at today. In addition, most days I do not have to look at the clock to countdown when it is time to go home because I am so involved with my work and have such a love for.
Easy part time positions
Family Support Specialties (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2014
Good experience working directly with clients and learning about inventory.
Job was quiet everyone is alseep
Life Coach II (Former Employee) –  1001 West 10th StreetAugust 25, 2014
Walking around checking each floor for any and every noise that could be going on, Stock supplies for building. Clean hallways, mopped and kept office up to cleaning.,
Pros
quiet
Cons
quiet
Excellent environment and mission
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2014
Happy to be a part of this public hospital's management team.
Wishard was a small community in the larger community of Indianapolis
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2014
From custodial personnel through cafeteria workers up to Human Resources' Staff the culture and friendliness of Wishard was ever present. Nurses, secretaries, some physicians recognized that the work of Wishard was to better Indianapolis as a whole. I miss the camaraderie of "living the dream", caring for the under-served of Indianapolis was a duty and a privilege.
Pros
Great people, bedside staff especialy
Cons
some managers were not helpful
Excellent environment for skill development in a variety of patient populations with emphasis on continuing education.
LPN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2014
I began as a LTC nurse in one of the facilities connected to the hospital. Advancement was encouraged and I was able to transition to medical/surgical floor, then telemetry unit, then ICU step down unit and float thru the critical care department. From basic medication delivery to advanced cardiac life support, in house education was available and encouraged. Co-workers generally worked together and were positive influences in assisting each other to develop new skills. Consideration was given to provide inservices at beginning or end of night shifts. Breaks were allowed and encouraged. Lack of food service availability for night shift was frustrating. The compassion of co-workers during family emergencies was demonstrated several times. I was honored to be able to assist others thru a difficult time by sharing PTO, picking up shifts and direct care of loved ones. My child and family was on the receiving end of that same care and it really shows you how the work place becomes an extended family in times of need. If it had not been for a car accident I would still work there today. The hospital has transitioned under new ownership/management and no longer allows LPNs in the care delivery areas.
Pros
Encouragement, availability and financial reward for continued education and certifications was awesome.
Cons
The removal of experienced LPNs from the care areas in favor of new graduate RNs with no experience.
Clean environment
Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2014
It was a small medical office not very busy and or structued office. This office has since closed.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Not enough staff
Hospital Setting /Clinic Setting
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN.April 27, 2014
A wonderful place to work. Great Advancement Opportunities.
PAS - ERA: worst dept to work at Wishard/Eskenazi
ERA (Former Employee) –  All clinicsMarch 21, 2014
The ERA managers use bullying tactics all the time and the HR doesn't see what is going one there...The job duties is not bad but on this specific department the employees are terrorized all the time. It is like work under persecution and bad vibes all the time. It's a place that you suffer all kind of labor abuse and the supervisors are powerless to help the employees. The directors of this department make the staff moral low and turnover. The level of stress is high.
Pros
Other departments are better to work and have fair managers
Cons
abuse of power and hight level of stress
you don't wanna work in this department
Patient Resouce Advocate (Current Employee) –  financial accessDecember 26, 2013
i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management is allowed to treat employee like children. HR allows management to continue to keep their positions even after several grievances have been filed.
Pros
it's an earnest living
Cons
management sucks...bullies and HR allows it.
productive, face paced, stable workplace
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
hardest part of the day is getting attached to the patients. most enjoyable part of the job is making the patients feel a little better by trying to cheer them up while in the hospital, being a comfort to the patients when you can.
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SurgeryOctober 28, 2013
I've worked at Wishard for 20yrs and got good raises, loved my co-workers to death, but after changing managament it went down hill I worked in surgery department started in housekeeping workedy way up, I agree they do have skills to help you advance, I've never had a problem with anyone I worked with new employees come into surgery I trained them.HR is very nasty when they talk to you like your nothing and I feel they should talk to people the way they want to be talk to.
Pros
had breakfast, lunch brought in by sales rep
Cons
cool place to work learn just need good managent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wishard Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9