Wishard Health Services Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 22, 2017
Incredible teamwork. Everyone works together to care for patients. Worked there years ago in the old building where there were not many resources. Im sure it is much different today.
Too Stressful and noisy working conditions
Full time, salaried (Former Employee) –  Crisis Unit in the Psychiatric ERDecember 6, 2017
computer training was inadequate,
the EMR extremely difficult, not user friendly
worked one week for 70 hrs,
noisy,
no privacy for pt. or therapist
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Good initial MRO training for medicaid standards.
Cons
Pressure from mgmt to learn everything in 3 months, reach a productivity standard that was unreasonable, Very poor working conditions, The psychiatrists there all wore ear plugs when there in ER.
Difficult place to work
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2017
While I learned a lot a Wishard, what I learned was how not to treat people and what not to do in general. The department I was in was not conducive to helping one another but people focused more on how to screw your co-worker.
I really enjoyed my job
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2017
Is very busy and fast past

I learned a lot through working with the public I really enjoyed it

I had no problems with Management

was very diverse

seeing sick people

helping to make sure that the patient was very well taken of
Pros
was allowed holidays off
Cons
could get extra breaks
Effcient processes
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2017
Organized and proficient team. Great physician resources. Rewarding patient population. Worked for a short period of time and satisfied overall. Recommended
I do not wish to review
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
For a non-profit, this job was pretty profit-driven. No thought was given to dealing with a difficult population or the fact that most clients were severely mentally ill. Billing insurance was the main focus of leadership.
Eskenazi Health Services
Staff Nurse II/ PEP Preceptor, (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2017
Eskenazi Health is a state of the art brand new hospital in the heart of Marion County. There are many advantages to being employed at Eskenazi Health. Work life balance can sometimes be difficult. The Management Style is closed and can be threatening. There are many zero tolerance policies and immediate termination is frequently stressed without 100% compliance.
Pros
Eskenazi Health's Culture and Diversity
Cons
The Management Style
Very bad environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2017
If you want a place where management will not care about employees, work for Eskenazi
As in many companies, the people that likes you will give you a promotion, no matter your skills or education.
Pros
Good food at the cafeteria
Cons
Nepotism
productive work place with a 24 hour gym
Eligibility Resource Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day was busy working in the ER department there was never a boring day. I learned being there that you should always carry a smile on your face because its always somebody looking and you could be the one that builds them up or tear them down.
Pros
friendly employess
Cons
short breaks
The most enjoyable part of my job
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2016
When working at Wishard, I was reminded every day that I was there as part of their overall mission to serve the community of Indianapolis. As the public hospital, Wishard was there for the underserved. It was gratifying to know I was a part of such an important mission.
Pros
Working with different departments
Cons
The work load was difficult to manage at times
Good Experience
School-Based Clinician and Crisis Specalist PRN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2015
I had a good experience working for Wishard; they treated me well and gave me room to grow in my career. I left because I had a baby and could not work full time and pay for child care.
Co-workers were like family
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2015
Work day included meeting with not only employees and staff but interaction with patients was typical. I learned that not only did patients need assistance but from time to time co-workers and management did as well. The area I worked in gave an opportunity to interact with patients and doctors. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients you may have become friendly with leave although they were a lot better that part was bitter sweet. Loved getting to know interns, doctors etc.
Pros
Interacting with patients and doctors
RUN from ERA dept
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
if you are not desperate find another job. Wishard/eskenazi has amazing people working there, but Elegiblility Resource Advocate department is the worst place to work over there. Low salary, very hardy work days with patients, director and manager are difficult to deal with
Pros
co-workers and health benefit
Cons
parking, salary and managment
Good place for job growth
Human Resources Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Human Resources-RecruitmentDecember 12, 2014
Working here has given me many opportunities. The thing that I love most about working here is I was given a chance to work in various job titles and was able to experience different job roles. The knowledge I obtained in each area I worked has been helpful with each new job title I took on. It is a very fast paced environment and has given me the challenges that I needed so I could be where I am at today. In addition, most days I do not have to look at the clock to countdown when it is time to go home because I am so involved with my work and have such a love for.
Easy part time positions
Family Support Specialties (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2014
Good experience working directly with clients and learning about inventory.
Job was quiet everyone is alseep
Life Coach II (Former Employee) –  1001 West 10th StreetAugust 25, 2014
Walking around checking each floor for any and every noise that could be going on, Stock supplies for building. Clean hallways, mopped and kept office up to cleaning.,
Pros
quiet
Cons
quiet
Excellent environment and mission
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2014
Happy to be a part of this public hospital's management team.
Wishard was a small community in the larger community of Indianapolis
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2014
From custodial personnel through cafeteria workers up to Human Resources' Staff the culture and friendliness of Wishard was ever present. Nurses, secretaries, some physicians recognized that the work of Wishard was to better Indianapolis as a whole. I miss the camaraderie of "living the dream", caring for the under-served of Indianapolis was a duty and a privilege.
Pros
Great people, bedside staff especialy
Cons
some managers were not helpful
Excellent environment for skill development in a variety of patient populations with emphasis on continuing education.
LPN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2014
I began as a LTC nurse in one of the facilities connected to the hospital. Advancement was encouraged and I was able to transition to medical/surgical floor, then telemetry unit, then ICU step down unit and float thru the critical care department. From basic medication delivery to advanced cardiac life support, in house education was available and encouraged. Co-workers generally worked together and were positive influences in assisting each other to develop new skills. Consideration was given to provide inservices at beginning or end of night shifts. Breaks were allowed and encouraged. Lack of food service availability for night shift was frustrating. The compassion of co-workers during family emergencies was demonstrated several times. I was honored to be able to assist others thru a difficult time by sharing PTO, picking up shifts and direct care of loved ones. My child and family was on the receiving end of that same care and it really shows you how the work place becomes an extended family in times of need. If it had not been for a car accident I would still work there today. The hospital has transitioned under new ownership/management and no longer allows LPNs in the care delivery areas.
Pros
Encouragement, availability and financial reward for continued education and certifications was awesome.
Cons
The removal of experienced LPNs from the care areas in favor of new graduate RNs with no experience.
Clean environment
Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2014
It was a small medical office not very busy and or structued office. This office has since closed.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Not enough staff