As a part of the Hardware Development team, the RF Engineer will be responsible for the Radio Frequency (RF) design and verification of wireless products. The successful candidate will possess extensive knowledge and experience in radio design, integration and verification in a combination of LTE, UMTS, GSM, CDMA, GPS, Bluetooth and WLAN technologies.
- Design and verification of RF subsystems
- Responsible for vendor evaluation and component selection
- Define RF hardware verification plans and reports
- Develop RF verification test setups and ensure the RF design is compliant as per the physical layer requirements
- Interface regularly with other engineering groups (hardware, software, factory, component qualification etc.) and with
external component suppliers.
- Provide direction and leadership to junior engineers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in design/development and verification of LTE/UMTS/EDGE/GSM/CDMA RF
- Experience with GPS, Bluetooth and WLAN desired.
- Experience in high volume product development and production preferred.
- Experienced with RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, base station emulators (ex.
Agilent 8960, CMU/SMU)
- Work experience with RF design simulation techniques and tools such as ADS
- Experienced in DFM and DFT
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and responsibility in a team environment
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel internationally
Wistron Corporation is an ODM (original design manufacturer) of information and communication technology products. Wistron provides the design, engineering and manufacturing expertise behind some of the most recognized electronic products in the world. With design centers in Taiwan, China and the new North American design center in Rolling Meadows, IL Wistron continues to expand its presence in desktop computing, networking, mobile and wireless systems. For more information, visit www.wistron.com.
Be part of Wistron’s growing presence in North America, designing tomorrow’s leading edge computing and wireless products. Wistron and the Wistron logo are registered trademarks of Wistron Corp and may not be used without prior written permission from Wistron Corp.