The successful candidate will lead the team focused on the development and integration of leading-edge radio protocol stack software for standardized wireless technologies. The position will involve design, implementation and integration of L1/L2/L3 layers and RF device drivers for cellular and non cellular radios in mobile phone. In addition, the position will interface with HW development team for software driver support, schematic reviews and debugging, developing and integrating HW specific calibration methods and supporting RF certification/conformance testing activities. This position will involve leading an engineering team, tasks breakdown and mentoring.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Seven (7) years of experience in embedded software development for L1/L2/L3 layers and RF driver development for mobile phones.
- Two (2) years of experience providing technical leadership in the development and integration of Radio software for industrial products in any of the following wireless technologies: WiMax, LTE, HSDPA/HSUPA/WCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE or 802.11.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble and develop talented engineering teams including process for training, mentoring, recruiting, goal setting and providing feedback.
- Prior experience in current wireless technologies, particularly 2G/3GPP/LTE and WCDMA/HSDPA.
- Solid understanding of cellular protocol stack in various cellular technologies.
- Understanding of RF hardware programming, analog/digital hardware, radio components in RF chain and associated control loop algorithms (AFC,AGC,APC) is required.
- Real-time software development of radio subsystem.
- Experience in low-level programming and hardware level debugging.
- Ability to dissect a problem and form solutions that meet real-time constraints.
- Capability of taking on responsibility for a substantial portion of a project.
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms. Knowledge of DSP processor architectures.
- Familiarity with 3GPP/LTE standards, particularly those related to radio protocols.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is a plus.
Wistron Corporation is an ODM (original design manufacturer) of information and communication technology products. Wistron provides the design, engineering and manufacturing expertise behind some of the most recognized electronic products in the world. With design centers in Taiwan, China and the new North American design center in Rolling Meadows, IL Wistron continues to expand its presence in desktop computing, networking, mobile and wireless systems. For more information, visit www.wistron.com.
Be part of Wistron’s growing presence in North America, designing tomorrow’s leading edge computing and wireless products. Wistron and the Wistron logo are registered trademarks of Wistron Corp and may not be used without prior written permission from Wistron Corp.