WITTE MUSEUM Employee Reviews

Being a visitor associate has enhanced my communications skills and team building sills.
Visitor Services Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: seeing families, educational components of the museum
Working at the Witte Museum has improved how I work with people. I love going to work everyday and seeing families have a great experience at the Witte. I strongly value education and the museum has fostered the educational component of the museum experience in a fun way through the exhibits and programs. The most enjoyable part of my job ( I usually work at the rock wall) is seeing someone reach the top of the 25 ft rock wall. Seeing climber reach their goal and friends and families cheer climbers on gives me a really good feeling. My main priority of the job is to make sure visitors have a good experience. This may include asking visitors how their day is going or simply asking where they are from. Stimulating small talk can turn a bad museum experience into a good one. It shows visitors that the employees really do care.
Awesome.
Visitor Associate (Current Employee), San AntonioJuly 23, 2013
This is a great place to work if you are a college student. They are flexible with your hours and always ready to work with you.
Fun, creative workplace
Birthday Party Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: i only worked part-time
I worked at the Witte Museum part-time. I enjoy working with children and the creative persons who were also employed by the museum. I found the events department to be one of the most cohesive, collaborative, supportive departments in any organization where I have worked. Sometimes, guests became irritable, which required a great deal of patience. However, I overall enjoyed being active and busy throughout my days.
Good culture however, low wages with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Retail Services (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2012
The co-workers are all very professional and friendly. I never had to ask anyone to do something, they just did it. The management was very understanding and always worked to help you achieve what you needed while still remaining true to the values of the company. The hardest part of the job was achieving more then what was asked, but not only never receiving any recognition for achieving excellent results. Instead managment would simply add on additional duties, while expecting you to achieve the same results while offering no increase in wages or room for advancement. It created an environment where there was no incentive for achieving more than was asked.