WITTE MUSEUM Employee Reviews in United States

Very fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Probably the best buy in the region to work at, teaches you how to be very professional and hold others to higher standards of customer service because of the fact that store is dealing with a more professional clientele then other stores.
Pros
learning ability and benefits
Cons
short breaks, can be hectic
Run!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2016
What a joke! Worked here for almost a year and NOTHING got done correctly. Corrupt and unprofessional. People stay because it's their first job and don't know any better but those that do know how a 'top tier museum' is supposed to work, should run. Not a good work environment and managment will throw you under a bus. They talk about working as a team but the 'Witte Way' is managment's way. Forget your opinions, experiences and definetly don't step on the big wig's toes. Good riddance.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, negative work environment
Interesting and fun work environment!
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2016
loved working for the Witte's summer camp program. It taught me to be able to work with all ages of children and to plan engaging and fun lessons to learn from in addition to being provided the necessary tools and resources to do so. Never boring and always filled with fun.
Pros
real life connections and hands on activities and visuals.
Cons
not long enough! wish they had more camps for summer and spring breaks
Good culture however, low wages with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Retail Services (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2012
The co-workers are all very professional and friendly. I never had to ask anyone to do something, they just did it. The management was very understanding and always worked to help you achieve what you needed while still remaining true to the values of the company. The hardest part of the job was achieving more then what was asked, but not only never receiving any recognition for achieving excellent results. Instead managment would simply add on additional duties, while expecting you to achieve the same results while offering no increase in wages or room for advancement. It created an environment where there was no incentive for achieving more than was asked.
Witte Museum
Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJuly 16, 2015
Interviewed and employed for 3 years. Stressed a team approach to departments and organization. Found that in reality that was not the case. Many upper mangement/department heads were 20 plus year employees reluctant to change. Was called "The Witte Way". Stressful environment.
Pros
Witte Game Dinner Gala
Cons
Relucant to change, pet departments
Being a visitor associate has enhanced my communications skills and team building sills.
Visitor Services Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2014
Working at the Witte Museum has improved how I work with people. I love going to work everyday and seeing families have a great experience at the Witte. I strongly value education and the museum has fostered the educational component of the museum experience in a fun way through the exhibits and programs. The most enjoyable part of my job ( I usually work at the rock wall) is seeing someone reach the top of the 25 ft rock wall. Seeing climber reach their goal and friends and families cheer climbers on gives me a really good feeling. My main priority of the job is to make sure visitors have a good experience. This may include asking visitors how their day is going or simply asking where they are from. Stimulating small talk can turn a bad museum experience into a good one. It shows visitors that the employees really do care.
Pros
seeing families, educational components of the museum
Fun, creative workplace
Birthday Party Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2013
I worked at the Witte Museum part-time. I enjoy working with children and the creative persons who were also employed by the museum. I found the events department to be one of the most cohesive, collaborative, supportive departments in any organization where I have worked. Sometimes, guests became irritable, which required a great deal of patience. However, I overall enjoyed being active and busy throughout my days.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
i only worked part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WITTE MUSEUM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9