Wittenberg University Employee Reviews

Student Job
Office of Scheduling and Events (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 28, 2015
I worked four jobs during my time at Wittenberg University. All required organization, attention to detail and exceptional customer service. Skills that have readily prepared me for job opportunities ahead.
WIttneberg Call Center
Wittenberg Fund Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 13, 2015
Working at the Wittenberg call center, I got to see a whole other side to Wittenberg that I had never seen before: Through the eyes of the alumni and community members
Pros
Great management
Productive and family oriented work environment
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 21, 2015
A typical day involves interaction with students, as well as collaboration with not just the faculty in the department but also with the Administrative offices and other departments on campus. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of duties and working with the students. The most difficult part is when the students graduate and you have to say good-bye.
Pros
competitive benefits, great people
Cons
High turnover in administration
Great environment with efficient communication between co-workers while also working independently
Head Teaching Assistant- Psychology Department (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 7, 2015
I was hired by my supervisor (associate professor of Psychology) to be a teaching assistant in my second year of psychology before being promoted to head teaching assistant my third year because of my passion for it. I was in charge of creating the schedule for all of my co-workers, making sure they were informed of their responsibilities for each lab shift, and had them report back to me daily with positive and/or negative points that I could then try to improve upon. The hardest parts of the labs were ensuring that all of the workers had very open communication lines either by email, phone, or in-person to cover each shift. My supervisor usually was teaching so if one of us did not show up to lab, the class was not able to get let in to lab and proceed that day and, thus, would be a day behind. Fortunately, my assistants were all very willing to switch shifts to help each other and I greatly appreciated the teamwork. Also, I was forced to make many decisions in the absence of my professor that were difficult for a student to handle, however I was very fortunate to have these experiences because I gained confidence in my leadership abilities. The most enjoyable parts of the job were definitely getting to teach my passion for psychology and put what I had learned to use by getting the students to love the field as well. Being a psychology lab head teaching assistant was definitely one of the most memorable and helpful points of my college career.
Pros
Gaining teaching experience, great hours, laidback atmosphere
Cons
No breaks, lack of supervisor (at times)
Great place to grow
Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHIOMarch 29, 2015
Opportunities for employment at Wittenberg are diverse, whether for a student or professional. Student positions are flexible and are a great opportunity for students to get their foot in the door.
Great atmosphere and work environment
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Worked with students and faculty to streamline housing lotteries. I developed digital signage across campus to communicate upcoming events. Management was busy and very hard to communicate with, making it a tough environment to foster growth.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not ideal opportunity to learn or grow.
Great enviroment and gave me termendous exprience working in a Church
Weaver Chapel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 15, 2014
My work brought out all my positive enthusastic energy, it highlighted my ability and passion for serving others.
Enjoyable on deck experience
Student Intern Assistant Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 13, 2014
My time at this employer was one full of great learning experiences and opportunities to better my understanding of the sport of swimming. I was given a chance to work with my own group of swimmers every day and help better their experience in and out of the pool. It was an excellent opportunity to work with the sport I loved so much and get a hold on what to expect in the future of the position.
enjoyable work experience
Information Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 4, 2014
The work experience was very beneficial and enjoyed working with employees who were polite and offered positive feedback to improve productivity and performance.
Pros
flexible work hours
A challenging work environment.
Catalog Librarian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 10, 2013
Overall the University is very good but, at the time, the library was not a great place to work. I understand that many improvements have been made since then.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
n/a
Sales Representative in Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 12, 2013
learned how to work with visitors managers and fellow students.
All while studying when free time was available
Free Breakfasts on Tuesdays during meetings
Pros
work study
Cons
min wage
An exceptional university to grow and learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 14, 2013
This is a beautiful school in Springfield, OH which combines personal growth and community service to creating lifelong friends and a challenging curriculum.
Highly Sought-After Student Employment
Thomas Library Reference Desk Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 11, 2013
Manning the reference desk, answering the phone. You learn how to do the best research, which is extremely important as both an employee and a college student. The hardest part of the job was working with the microfilm. The most enjoyable part was spending time with the reference librarians
Cultural epicenter of the city
Summer Conference Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 8, 2013
Wittenberg university is a wonderful place to work, as well as to learn.
Fun atmosphere while still being professional
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 12, 2013
My work day, as a federal work study student, consists of two hours a day coming into the office and performing assistant duties. I learned how to be more organized and the workings of an office. The management was excellent, and my co-workers are the best, they are all extremely friendly. There aren't very many taxing duties I have, since I am a part time student worker, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of tasks they have me do.
typical liberal arts college
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 19, 2013
pretty campus, Lutheran but inclusive, competitive sports programs
Student employee
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 18, 2013
I would recommend working at this police station if looking for a financial aid job.
Slower pace
Provost Office Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 7, 2012
Didn't always have enough work for me to do. Sat around a lot. A good summer job - stress-free environment. Wanted to be more productive.