Wittenberg University Employee Reviews

Best University Job
Head Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 30, 2017
There are few jobs that I have enjoyed. Being a head tutor for this university was one of the best experiences of my life. Very relaxed and willing to be work with you
Great start to begin a wildlife career
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 20, 2017
Taught many skills that benefit the scientific process. By having a good mix of lab work with field work. Also by being part of a team I learned how to work well with others and complete the tasks at hand. But I also worked alone and was able to complete tasks on time.
Fun enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Springfield,OHMay 31, 2017
Sweep and mop in the classrooms, lockerrooms, bathrooms, the steps, cleaned the gym. The people there were nice and friendly. Cleaned the offices as well as other buildings.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Being pregnant
Fun job for those interested in handling prospectives
Overnight Host (Former Employee) –  Dorm HallsMay 9, 2017
I was really excited when I got hired for this job, but unfortunately we didn't receive as many prospective students as we planned, and I never actually got a chance to host a student overnight.
Witt
Overnight Host (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 28, 2017
I love Wittenberg University, it is my second home. This is just one of the many jobs available on campus. Overnight host just holds a student overnight.
Private University in Springfield, Ohio
Head Men's Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 1, 2017
Was a very competitive environment going through a huge transition and finding new leadership. Making big decisions to ensure its future.

Typical day at work ranged about 8-11 hours depending on our recruitment and training schedule for that day. Planning, following up on tasks, logistics and outreach consumed the mornings, then data analysis, personnel development, and set up and management of the training environment consumed the evenings.

Learned more than can be written down. I feel as though I am a completely different leader with a higher understanding of the needs of my personnel, as well as more organized and more effective and efficient.

The hardest part of the job was the unpredictability of the outcome. Hard work and planning on our end didn't always pay off with the desired result. Irregular hours made establishing a routine difficult.

The most rewarding part of the job was fostering a mentoring relationship with the athletes that I recruited to the University, and seeing them take big steps in their career paths.
Pros
Summers to fill with your own schedule, access to facilities, flexible hours, energetic staff
Cons
Irregular hours, low compensation, abundance of secondary duties
Great experience
Student Senate Finance Committee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Awesome culture, really wants students to get involved on campus and to make sure they have a fulfilling campus experience.
Good place
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 1, 2016
Taught sociology courses part time. Had two sections.
Large classes of students.
Faculty very hospitable, students were eager learners.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Be careful coming here
Office (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 14, 2015
It is not the same Wittenberg that it used to be. No raises, reduced benefits. No communication. High turnover. Hostile work environment.
Student Job
Office of Scheduling and Events (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 28, 2015
I worked four jobs during my time at Wittenberg University. All required organization, attention to detail and exceptional customer service. Skills that have readily prepared me for job opportunities ahead.
WIttneberg Call Center
Wittenberg Fund Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 13, 2015
Working at the Wittenberg call center, I got to see a whole other side to Wittenberg that I had never seen before: Through the eyes of the alumni and community members
Pros
Great management
Productive and family oriented work environment
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 21, 2015
A typical day involves interaction with students, as well as collaboration with not just the faculty in the department but also with the Administrative offices and other departments on campus. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of duties and working with the students. The most difficult part is when the students graduate and you have to say good-bye.
Pros
competitive benefits, great people
Cons
High turnover in administration
Great environment with efficient communication between co-workers while also working independently
Head Teaching Assistant- Psychology Department (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 7, 2015
I was hired by my supervisor (associate professor of Psychology) to be a teaching assistant in my second year of psychology before being promoted to head teaching assistant my third year because of my passion for it. I was in charge of creating the schedule for all of my co-workers, making sure they were informed of their responsibilities for each lab shift, and had them report back to me daily with positive and/or negative points that I could then try to improve upon. The hardest parts of the labs were ensuring that all of the workers had very open communication lines either by email, phone, or in-person to cover each shift. My supervisor usually was teaching so if one of us did not show up to lab, the class was not able to get let in to lab and proceed that day and, thus, would be a day behind. Fortunately, my assistants were all very willing to switch shifts to help each other and I greatly appreciated the teamwork. Also, I was forced to make many decisions in the absence of my professor that were difficult for a student to handle, however I was very fortunate to have these experiences because I gained confidence in my leadership abilities. The most enjoyable parts of the job were definitely getting to teach my passion for psychology and put what I had learned to use by getting the students to love the field as well. Being a psychology lab head teaching assistant was definitely one of the most memorable and helpful points of my college career.
Pros
Gaining teaching experience, great hours, laidback atmosphere
Cons
No breaks, lack of supervisor (at times)
Great place to grow
Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHIOMarch 29, 2015
Opportunities for employment at Wittenberg are diverse, whether for a student or professional. Student positions are flexible and are a great opportunity for students to get their foot in the door.
Great atmosphere and work environment
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Worked with students and faculty to streamline housing lotteries. I developed digital signage across campus to communicate upcoming events. Management was busy and very hard to communicate with, making it a tough environment to foster growth.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not ideal opportunity to learn or grow.
Great enviroment and gave me termendous exprience working in a Church
Weaver Chapel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 15, 2014
My work brought out all my positive enthusastic energy, it highlighted my ability and passion for serving others.
Enjoyable on deck experience
Student Intern Assistant Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 13, 2014
My time at this employer was one full of great learning experiences and opportunities to better my understanding of the sport of swimming. I was given a chance to work with my own group of swimmers every day and help better their experience in and out of the pool. It was an excellent opportunity to work with the sport I loved so much and get a hold on what to expect in the future of the position.
enjoyable work experience
Information Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 4, 2014
The work experience was very beneficial and enjoyed working with employees who were polite and offered positive feedback to improve productivity and performance.
Pros
Flexible work hours
A challenging work environment.
Catalog Librarian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 10, 2013
Overall the University is very good but, at the time, the library was not a great place to work. I understand that many improvements have been made since then.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
n/a
Sales Representative in Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 12, 2013
learned how to work with visitors managers and fellow students.
All while studying when free time was available
Free Breakfasts on Tuesdays during meetings
Pros
work study
Cons
min wage