WMS Gaming Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Regional Director, Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2016
Great work culture! Family atmosphere. Challenging, demanding and never boring. Great benefits. Company empowered employees. Leadership was awesome. Accomplishments recognized.
Building Slot Machines
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 7, 2016
Watching cameras, checking in visitors, employees who forget there ID's. Providing medical treatment for employees who are injured on the job. Provided transportation for drug tests, injured individuals. Management was easy to get along with, followed rules, worked with schedules. Co-workers worked together as a TEAM. Enjoyed everything about this job.
Worked there during transition and merger. Good management miss the job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 19, 2016
Remote technician position was challenging and fulfilling. Learned my value as a remote technician and customer service specialist. Management changed a lot during transition. Co workers were fabulous. Hardest part of the job was not knowing if i would have a position after merger.
Pros
Personal time management
Cons
the struggle of multiple bosses due to merger
Innovative and fun place to work
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IllinoisOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work. They are very innovative and emphasize on personally growing and develop each employee. There is a lot of potential for advancement and pay is very well. Management is great...but of course there is always the typical politics in a big company.
Pros
Free fountain drinks. Excersize room and entertainment lounge.
Cons
not everyone can go to the G2E expo :(.
Extremely busy sometimes stressful environment
Senior Associate Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 24, 2016
Responsible for answering phone, receiving/responding to emails or concerning technical issues. Interacted/assisted and communicated with Informational technical support (I.T.), maintained “shared drive”, problem solved, investigated transactions with QA Department concerning broken/defective parts, as well as completing proper quality control paperwork, and personally delivered needed parts. Took scan guns needing re-programming to proper department, experience using Oracle sofware
Maintenance:
Assisted pickers and line managers with shortages, tracked errors and purchase orders using “Oracle” to maintain accurate records. Filled bins with needed parts each day for “WPN” area. Changed out toner in printers and re-boxed old ones for recycling, emptied trash and swept floors daily.
Inventory:
Organized daily part request tickets two days in advanced by color that correlates with the day of the week. Maintained records with move order, line, color and number of tickets. Tracked “Drexel” fork truck hours, tracked missing parts on a shared file for daily picks, part sales picks, high dollar picks and audits. Tagged and inspected skids, tracked incoming inventory, verified and audited locations and quantities, used a scan gun. Assisted with new warehouse layout and inventory process, delivered parts to production lines and departments

High expectations from management made this position difficult. If you did one aspect of the job you were questioned on why you didn't do another area of the position.

Hardest part of the job was satisfying management even though you were
  more... working your hardest and to your fullest potential. It was not uncommon to work 116 hours over a two week period.  less
Pros
Overworked
Cons
Almost too much multitasking to the point of difficulty doing a good job
Its Great working at WMS Gaming with all Gaming terminals
Sr. Manager Software Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Its not only great but a lot of fun to work at WMS Gaming. Being a gaming company you'd have access to all the games; pool table, ping pong, WII, PlayStation, etc.
The compensation is very very good and the team in Chicago is great. WMS went trough two acquisitions.
Creative and energetic company
Principal Product Strategist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2013
A spirited company that is highly creative but gets bogged down tripping over its own feet. There have been some upper management that have been there a bit too long and IMHO they haven't worked in enough other companies to know there is a better way of doing things.

The egos are a bit much to handle at times, but the company treats employees VERY well with great benefits. I just wish the company would bother to work smarter instead of just harder sometimes.
Call Center Job, pretty simple
Customer Service / Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 31, 2015
This is a mail order pharmacy, so pretty much all day on the phone helping customers with their orders, either to place them, track them or help them with issues on their copays.... management is pretty good and the customer service well.... some are good some are just there...Pretty easy job...
The fun and exciting problems are gone.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILJuly 6, 2015
Was a great company, but the new direction that has been taken since the buy out by Scientific Games, and merger with Bally things have gone down hill. Less opportunity to innovate the day to day work has become very mandate.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Little opportunity to advance your career.
Great Place to Work, Unfortunately last day is upcoming.
SR. ASSOCIATE PLANNER MATERIAL (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2014
Great Place to Work, family environment. Hard Working. Unfortunately the merger with Sci-Games happened, and we were told 2 days ago, our last day is 3/28. We were offered a severance package, and medical for the short time.
Pros
Great Benefits, Salary is competitive
Cons
Merger, Closing various departments
Great Company
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing the daily orders scheduled to ship. Working with my staff to ensure all orders are pick released to ship per the allocated days. Work closely with many departments which include planning, compliance, trade compliance, etc. to ensure orders are processed and shipped correctly in they system. Handle internal and external customer calls. I have learned much from the great leadership I’ve had. I have grown within my role due to the wonderful mentor’s I’ve had within this company. My co-workers are amazing and we work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is trying to ship orders complete for casino installations. The most enjoyable part of the day is the satisfaction I receive when my staff and my internal and external customers are happy.
Pros
Healthcare and Employee Recognition Programs
Cons
Great overall company to work for
Invento (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 25, 2013
I worked for this company for almost 5 years. I was able to work my way up from a Warehouse Associate to a Team Lead, to an Inventory Analyst. Great place to work and they always want to keep learning and training.
Pros
benefits, culture, pay
A great place to work with great benefits
Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New MexicoNovember 12, 2013
I work as a Remote Technician installing and repairing gaming devices all over the state. On some days I will drive 300 to 500 miles and can be away from home for days or weeks at a time.
Working with WMS I have learned the vendor aspect of Gaming. I have learned about installing and maintaining Wide Area Progressive, (WAP) My coworkers are great and we make a good team. The hardest part of the job is not having a set scedule.and asked to travel at a moments notice and that is not easy on the home life. The most enjoyable part is not being in the same place all of the time and being able to go to diffrent locations.
Pros
Great benifets 401K 17day PTO the first year.
Cons
A lot of time away from home.
BEWARE Scientific Games now owns and manages
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 27, 2014
Management here is a joke you get ahead by being related to upper management. This is for the Wood Dale office. 90 percent of people employed at this office are contract employees and have no way to move onto permanent positions. The temp company is lousy and will do nothing for you. You are told you are the highest paid FST in the company but if true that does not say much for this company. Do yourself a favor and move on if this is for the Wood Dale office.
Pros
Paychecks every 2 weeks
Cons
NO CHANCE FOR MOVEMENT except down and out
Very compartmentalized, each department is run as a seperate company.
Associate NOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 13, 2014
WMS is a company that has great progress for its corporate office. However, its satellite offices are almost an afterthought when it comes to its people and the advancement of the lower ranks. The pay for NOC operators is not in alignment with that departments level of responsibility, as the position many years ago was established as an entry level position, however as the scope and level of responsibility changes the out look on the department did not.
Pros
Good health insurance.
Cons
No real advancment unless your office is next to a VP's
a typical day at WMS Gaming....very busy
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 10, 2015
WMS Gaming was a manufacturer and distributor, of Gaming machines (SLOTS)
My daily routine consisted of managing invoicing, contractual obligations and payments for more than 250 individual Casinos,and several National Accounts across the United States. My portfolio included Native American Casinos in California and Wisconsin. Billing was done daily, weekly and also monthly. ( daily rates and percentage rates) We also invoiced with Short Term Leasing,Capital Leasing and standard Loans.
Fun Great place to work
Director Procurement & Global Logistics (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 16, 2012
Very positive place great culture and people. WMS is a small company but has a big company feel.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the best place I ever worked
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 26, 2012
very good training, enjoy the people you work with. Great advancement. and wonderful management
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great working enviorment and well managed company
Principal Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work was normal, i had project completion date. I sometime had to work late night and weekends but that nothing to complain about. I enjoyed working for WMS.

I worked with Qa team remotely on most of the projects so i learned how to communicate with the team in time manner to get work done. Great management team too. I enjoyed working there not only with my QA team but everyone in the building.
Fun workplace
Software Solutions Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Relaxed environment, great work culture. Low salary but no job pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WMS Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.