WMS Gaming

Good Place to work
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Good Management
Good working environment
Lots of Fun activity at work
Great Place to Work, Unfortunately last day is upcoming.
SR. ASSOCIATE PLANNER MATERIAL (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, salary is competitive
Cons: merger, closing various departments
Great Place to Work, family environment. Hard Working. Unfortunately the merger with Sci-Games happened, and we were told 2 days ago, our last day is 3/28. We were offered a severance package, and medical for the short time.
Very compartmentalized, each department is run as a seperate company.
Associate NOC Operator (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good health insurance.
Cons: no real advancment unless your office is next to a vp's
WMS is a company that has great progress for its corporate office. However, its satellite offices are almost an afterthought when it comes to its people and the advancement of the lower ranks. The pay for NOC operators is not in alignment with that departments level of responsibility, as the position many years ago was established as an entry level – more... position, however as the scope and level of responsibility changes the out look on the department did not. – less
Summer hours enable u to leave two hours early with pay.
Security Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2014
Full Health, Dental and vision and 165 Paid time off from the first day on the job. Summers hours every Friday allows employees to leave 2 hours early with pay.
Constant travel and new challenges every month with the changing industry
Senior Staff Field Service Technician / CSR (Current Employee), Novato CaliforniaDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, traveling to alot of states
Cons: not alot of free time for family, always on call without beeper pay
Alot of traveling and overtime, great if you do not have a family.
Great working enviorment and well managed company
Principal Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work was normal, i had project completion date. I sometime had to work late night and weekends but that nothing to complain about. I enjoyed working for WMS.

I worked with Qa team remotely on most of the projects so i learned how to communicate with the team in time manner to get work done. Great management team too. I enjoyed working – more... there not only with my QA team but everyone in the building. – less
Production and Fun Place
Principal Test Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Benefits, including a gym!
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILNovember 19, 2013
Pros: there were summer hours & floating holidays ie: day after thanksgiving and even an employee gym.
Cons: i had to drive 50 miles to work.
Great place to work! When I worked there different people were picked each week to have "breakfast" with the CEO and discuss what was on your mind, work related. Work schedules were flexible. Upper management was very approachable and friendly. Everyone was treated respectfully. I loved it there!
A great place to work with great benefits
Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee), New MexicoNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great benifets 401k 17day pto the first year.
Cons: a lot of time away from home.
I work as a Remote Technician installing and repairing gaming devices all over the state. On some days I will drive 300 to 500 miles and can be away from home for days or weeks at a time.
Working with WMS I have learned the vendor aspect of Gaming. I have learned about installing and maintaining Wide Area Progressive, (WAP) My coworkers are great and – more... we make a good team. The hardest part of the job is not having a set scedule.and asked to travel at a moments notice and that is not easy on the home life. The most enjoyable part is not being in the same place all of the time and being able to go to diffrent locations. – less
coworkers are great
wms (Former Employee), Rochelle, ILNovember 1, 2013
good place to work good pay, shifts are great you work 12 hours a day three days a week,overtime if wanted.
Creative and energetic company
Principal Product Strategist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2013
A spirited company that is highly creative but gets bogged down tripping over its own feet. There have been some upper management that have been there a bit too long and IMHO they haven't worked in enough other companies to know there is a better way of doing things.

The egos are a bit much to handle at times, but the company treats employees VERY – more... well with great benefits. I just wish the company would bother to work smarter instead of just harder sometimes. – less
Productive and fun workplace with slot machines and many other entertaining games to keep you busy while working.
Security Associate/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago ILSeptember 1, 2013
WMS is a fun place and relaxing environment where all employees interact with one another positively. Employees are also very helpful and easy to communicate with, overall a great place to work.
If you know how and like to kiss up to your boss, this could be the place for you.
Software Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2013
Pros: there are still a lot of talented employees working there who managed to survive the layoffs.
Cons: no job security for people who know how to work.
In the early 2000s, WMS was a very good company with an innovative product and potential for success. The people who worked there did a lot to make it great. A lot of talented Engineers, Artists and other professionals were hired. The company moved forward thanks to this dedicated team.
Unfortunately, some people in upper management and human resource – more... got hired in the mid-2000s (I don't know if I can mention exact names on this website) and destroyed that whole chemistry. They felt it was better for their company image to hire newly laid off employees from nearby reputable companies and they did not care about the employees who were already putting in a lot of time (in many cases, unpaid overtime) and effort to make their company a success. So they laid off a bunch of good people, never providing valid justification in many cases, and hired a lot of their cronies. They also took advantage of the economy and hired some new people desperate for work at lower wages in an attempt to maybe turn some of them into loyal cronies as well.
The company did enjoy some success afterwards, thanks to the infrastructure left by the already mentioned good employees that they decided to get rid of, but the company itself got so bad it had to get bought by another company in order to straighten things out. Consequently, a lot of people who left the company, voluntarily and involuntarily, do not have many positive things to say about it. Hopefully, the new company that took over WMS can straighten things out but that is something that remains to be seen. – less
beautiful work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 19, 2013
Pros: convenient, pto is generous
Cons: lack of training for specific duties.
This company is one that strives to provide good benefits, which they do, but often there is a lack of communication and training for the positions you are required to perform.

Overall, the work environment is a nice one, and there is a feeling of being part of a team that wants to be the best in the field they are in.
Great overall company to work for
Invento (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, culture, pay
I worked for this company for almost 5 years. I was able to work my way up from a Warehouse Associate to a Team Lead, to an Inventory Analyst. Great place to work and they always want to keep learning and training.
Great Company
Sr. International Credit Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Milwaukee IlDecember 4, 2012
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: to far a commute
Good People to work with My day would begin with contacting the Casinos in my portfolio to get them current with the billings
n/a
Director Procurement & Global Logistics (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILOctober 19, 2012
Pros: free company
Cons: small
Good company to work for! Very postive workforce and great benefits
Fun Great place to work
Director Procurement & Global Logistics (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILOctober 16, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
Very positive place great culture and people. WMS is a small company but has a big company feel.
Very progressive thinking, takes great care of employees
Marketing Communications Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2012
Fun, young, and creative culture. I felt like I was given the opportunity to engage in work I was interested in. Combined analytical thinking with interesting subject matter.
n/a
Director Global Logistics and Indirect Procurement (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJuly 17, 2012
Pros: free drinks and great people
Cons: small company constant change
Typical day at work would consist many meetings and constant pressure to reduce cost. I have learned that life has many opportunities and so little time. The management was great once they had organizational change constant turn over. The hardest part of the job is getting people to change. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.

About WMS Gaming

The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading¬†manufacturer of casino – Read more

WMS Gaming Photos