WMS Gaming Employee Reviews in United States

Worked there during transition and merger. Good management miss the job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 19, 2016
Remote technician position was challenging and fulfilling. Learned my value as a remote technician and customer service specialist. Management changed a lot during transition. Co workers were fabulous. Hardest part of the job was not knowing if i would have a position after merger.
Pros
Personal time management
Cons
the struggle of multiple bosses due to merger
Its Great working at WMS Gaming with all Gaming terminals
Sr. Manager Software Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Its not only great but a lot of fun to work at WMS Gaming. Being a gaming company you'd have access to all the games; pool table, ping pong, WII, PlayStation, etc.
The compensation is very very good and the team in Chicago is great. WMS went trough two acquisitions.
Call Center Job, pretty simple
Customer Service / Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 31, 2015
This is a mail order pharmacy, so pretty much all day on the phone helping customers with their orders, either to place them, track them or help them with issues on their copays.... management is pretty good and the customer service well.... some are good some are just there...Pretty easy job...
a typical day at WMS Gaming....very busy
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 10, 2015
WMS Gaming was a manufacturer and distributor, of Gaming machines (SLOTS)
My daily routine consisted of managing invoicing, contractual obligations and payments for more than 250 individual Casinos,and several National Accounts across the United States. My portfolio included Native American Casinos in California and Wisconsin. Billing was done daily, weekly and also monthly. ( daily rates and percentage rates) We also invoiced with Short Term Leasing,Capital Leasing and standard Loans.
Innovative and fun place to work
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IllinoisOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work. They are very innovative and emphasize on personally growing and develop each employee. There is a lot of potential for advancement and pay is very well. Management is great...but of course there is always the typical politics in a big company.
Pros
Free fountain drinks. Excersize room and entertainment lounge.
Cons
not everyone can go to the G2E expo :(.
The fun and exciting problems are gone.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILJuly 6, 2015
Was a great company, but the new direction that has been taken since the buy out by Scientific Games, and merger with Bally things have gone down hill. Less opportunity to innovate the day to day work has become very mandate.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Little opportunity to advance your career.
Awful Operations Managers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 2, 2015
WMS Gaming c/o Scientific Games is now one of the worst companies you could work for. This was a great company prior to 2014, but has gone down hill ever since Scientific Games took over. Acquisition of Bally Gaming in 2014 just made it that much worse.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Management - Mid-Level and Senior
Relaxed monitoring
WAP Operator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 29, 2015
Monitoring multiple isolated networks for Gaming Jurisdictions, with all machines logged/tracked free time was plenty and relaxed.
Pros
Foosball games, plenty of internet browsing
Cons
Advancement of nonqualified individuals and lack of discipline
Stepping Block
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 9, 2015
A great place to gain experience in a call center, develop relationships with management and overall work on being a positive innovator. Coworkers were nice and management picks and choose whom to assist. Very easy to get lost or misplaced within the system.
Company review every 6 months some thing like: position of every employee, Incress the salary, trainning in special areas of job,.
Prod. Helper (ASSEMBLY+PACKG.LINES) (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 27, 2015
Good environment place, Friendly Supervisor. Attention in all details about the Production, Standard, and Safery . In my case Ihad a good times on work place areas , Desafourtunaly the company will moved to las Vegas very soon and the bussisness is too Slow (laid-off for 100 peoples in the first step.).
Pros
Good times for meeting and Schedules times on work w/ overtime when the company nededed.
Cons
Some people don't like working on dusting places
"fun" company
SENIOR STAFF MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
A lot of fun people. Games and TV in the lobby. Just got acquired however so cannot speak for new admin. Good people. Need more words so just have to include this.
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJuly 14, 2015
Excellent work place. Unfortunate it was sold and moved. Willing to accommodate workers. Definitely going to miss this place.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Moved
Great Company
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing the daily orders scheduled to ship. Working with my staff to ensure all orders are pick released to ship per the allocated days. Work closely with many departments which include planning, compliance, trade compliance, etc. to ensure orders are processed and shipped correctly in they system. Handle internal and external customer calls. I have learned much from the great leadership I’ve had. I have grown within my role due to the wonderful mentor’s I’ve had within this company. My co-workers are amazing and we work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is trying to ship orders complete for casino installations. The most enjoyable part of the day is the satisfaction I receive when my staff and my internal and external customers are happy.
Pros
healthcare and employee recognition programs
Cons
job security/advancement
BEWARE Scientific Games now owns and manages
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 27, 2014
Management here is a joke you get ahead by being related to upper management. This is for the Wood Dale office. 90 percent of people employed at this office are contract employees and have no way to move onto permanent positions. The temp company is lousy and will do nothing for you. You are told you are the highest paid FST in the company but if true that does not say much for this company. Do yourself a favor and move on if this is for the Wood Dale office.
Pros
paychecks every 2 weeks
Cons
no chance for movement except down and out
Very compartmentalized, each department is run as a seperate company.
Associate NOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 13, 2014
WMS is a company that has great progress for its corporate office. However, its satellite offices are almost an afterthought when it comes to its people and the advancement of the lower ranks. The pay for NOC operators is not in alignment with that departments level of responsibility, as the position many years ago was established as an entry level position, however as the scope and level of responsibility changes the out look on the department did not.
Pros
good health insurance.
Cons
no real advancment unless your office is next to a vp's
Great working enviorment and well managed company
Principal Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work was normal, i had project completion date. I sometime had to work late night and weekends but that nothing to complain about. I enjoyed working for WMS.

I worked with Qa team remotely on most of the projects so i learned how to communicate with the team in time manner to get work done. Great management team too. I enjoyed working there not only with my QA team but everyone in the building.
Creative and energetic company
Principal Product Strategist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2013
A spirited company that is highly creative but gets bogged down tripping over its own feet. There have been some upper management that have been there a bit too long and IMHO they haven't worked in enough other companies to know there is a better way of doing things.

The egos are a bit much to handle at times, but the company treats employees VERY well with great benefits. I just wish the company would bother to work smarter instead of just harder sometimes.
A great place to work with great benefits
Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New MexicoNovember 12, 2013
I work as a Remote Technician installing and repairing gaming devices all over the state. On some days I will drive 300 to 500 miles and can be away from home for days or weeks at a time.
Working with WMS I have learned the vendor aspect of Gaming. I have learned about installing and maintaining Wide Area Progressive, (WAP) My coworkers are great and we make a good team. The hardest part of the job is not having a set scedule.and asked to travel at a moments notice and that is not easy on the home life. The most enjoyable part is not being in the same place all of the time and being able to go to diffrent locations.
Pros
great benifets 401k 17day pto the first year.
Cons
a lot of time away from home.
Great Benefits, including a gym!
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 19, 2013
Great place to work! When I worked there different people were picked each week to have "breakfast" with the CEO and discuss what was on your mind, work related. Work schedules were flexible. Upper management was very approachable and friendly. Everyone was treated respectfully. I loved it there!
Pros
there were summer hours & floating holidays ie: day after thanksgiving and even an employee gym.
Cons
i had to drive 50 miles to work.
Very Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 7, 2012
A typical day at work started with checking e-mails, addressing them and starting your daily audits. Which meant reviewing games and if there we things that needed to be verified or changed to then locate the games and make the changes. I learned how to work under pressure and respond quick and effectively to time sensitive situations. The hardest part of the job was sharing the printer. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the manufacturing floor.