WNET Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Enjoyable Experience
Research Librarian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
My experience at WNET was a pleasant one. I worked within the library/archive department. The company is extremely diverse. The atmosphere is professional, yet relaxed. Our department assisted the writers and producers in obtaining background and historical information for projects. I left the company due to my family's relocation.
Workplace friendly
Associate Director of Local Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Typical Workplace with little communication amongst different departments.

I've learned there is a glass ceiling in most departments and learning is stunted. The hardest part was to propose your ideas to do things more efficiently and not being heard.

The most enjoyable part was working with people who are friendly and care about what they do.
Pros
Events
Cons
Dysfunctional Management
Great Work
Senior Coordinator of Legal Records (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2013
WNET has a great Work Environment. They could work on the Communication level between departments but that is the only downside.
Pros
friendly office, great schedule
Cons
communication
Excellent things being done but as an intern, sometimes got lost in the shuffle
OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2013
Learned a great deal from the legal department about corporate governance but sometimes projects got passed over me because I think the legal department forgot they had my services available to them.
Pros
excellent attitude on all accounts by everyone
Cons
would have liked more work.
WNET was a nice place to work.
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2013
A typical day at work involved drafting or reviewing contracts. I learned a great deal about contract drafting, and the importance of close attention to language nuances. The management was amazing- relaxed but also commanded respect. My boss was very cool and intelligent. My co-workers were motivated to succeed and had great senses of humor. The hardest part of the job was doing work with little direction from a superior. Sometimes it was unclear what my boss wanted and he was unable to articulate exactly what he was looking for me to produce. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on new initiatives, as I had the opportunity to engage in projects that were totally new to both me, and to the company itself.
Pros
fun lunches with co-workers, interesting projects
Cons
sometimes difficult to track down my boss

2.8