Wolfgang Puck Employee Reviews

Employee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2017
I've worked for this company for * years. A good work environment but if you work hard, make sure you know your worth and ask or demand fair compensation, especially if you go above and beyond.
Pros
Free lunch
High intensity work place with opportunities for advancement
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2017
Large dining space makes it difficult to serve customers as promptly as possible. Management unorganized and chaotic with scheduling. Division of tips often times a point of contention. Staff is friendly, hard-working, and enjoyable to be around. Amount of side-work often unreasonable (2 hours of side-work for a 3 hour shift at times).
Not a good place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2017
Wolfgang Puck is not a good place to work. Management did not follow basic labor laws. Breaks were not given to employees even after working 8+ hour shifts. Management did not accommodate to sicknesses or disabilities, if a staff member is obviously sick they are not sent home.
Cons
No breaks
Great Building, terrible management.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Atop reunion tower is the rotating restaurant that is 560 feet in the air. The view of Dallas is one of a kind. The food is exceptional. The management is terrible. Thugs from Las Vegas who are terrible people.
Catering
Waiter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
Great company great people and food I love wolf gang puck catering and management extremely friendly, I worked there for 2 summers and I loved it I would do it again
Good Workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Wolfgang Puck. It was a nice place to work although the pay was lower than most upscale Restaurant/Catering Companies. A typical day at work for me was very busy in the restaurant. I entertained many guests on a daily basis. I had the opportunity to learn many wonderful things about the fine dining industry. That was the highlight of my learning experience while working at Wolfgang Puck. The hardest part of the job was trying to get Upper Level Management to participate with our management team. They were never active or hands on. The most enjoyable part was working with my team as well as the visitors who frequently came to my restaurant.
Pros
Good Food and Association
Cons
Poor Upper Level Management
executive chef
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2017
great company to work for. chef driven culture helps keep the company vision going. very innovative, fast-paced, and highly diverse. i strongly recommend working for this company
Pros
you will learn
Cons
hard work
Great team
Private contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2017
The company cares a lot about their employees and I have nothing but positive things to say about them. I worked with WP for about two and a half years and It was hard to leave but sometimes you just have to check out the job market.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very fun, respectful and good pay
Server & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 21, 2017
I would make very good money here and I started off as a hostess then worked my way up after 6 months. The food is great and the managers were very kind and fair. I wasn't until the end when new management came and cleaned out the house. It could even be a lot more organized than before. I suppose. But overall I loved working here.
Pros
family meals, opportunity to move up and good staffing
would not recommend
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
very high turn over for a reason, performance is not based on actual work but on social circles. very cliquey. because of high turnover very hard to get answers because everyone is new and no one knows what the last person was doing. very disorganized, must be able to figure out everything on your own, no direction or help.
pay is good but not worth it. would not recommend to anyone
Pros
monthly lunches
Cons
poor management/leadership, high turn around
Best place to work
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2017
This place is one of my favorite place. I missed that place so much because I learned so much from that job. The people and the manager are perfect there.
Fun place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDFebruary 28, 2017
Each department gets a prep list to follow. The workplace is very chilled and you can listen to music on your phone during prep days. The chefs are very patient in teaching you new things or if you make mistakes. The hardest part of the job is closing down after an event or plating up because depending on what we are serving the food sometimes slide around on the plate and we have to make it look top notch at all times. The management is very supportive and is willing to listen to any concerns that you have. They are willing to work with you if you are in school or have another job or obligations.
Pros
Free lunches, fun work environment, willing to work with your schedule
Cons
unsteady hours
Earn kmowledge and skills
Cook/jr. Sous (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Started as a prep, then move up to cook/baker. After a new chef arrived he gave me responsabity of 5 different location make sure everything was made and delivery to them perfectly.
Pros
Fun and friendly staff
Great Part Time Job
Server (Current Employee) –  South Coast PlazaFebruary 20, 2017
Wolfgang Bistro is a small restaurant located in Macys at South Coast Plaza. Its a very unorthodox environment to work in but it also gives you the chance to be your own boss. The people that come in for you to serve are what really make the job worth it.
Pros
50% off food, 10% mall discount as well
Cons
No management
Great company
Senior Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDFebruary 8, 2017
I spent 9 years with WPC and would still work for the company if my personal life did not bring me to a market they do not serve. Upper management and executive team have an open door policy. This creates a familial environment; you truly feel like you are part of a team. You are recognized for your efforts and a job well done.
Pros
Great benefits, warm and welcoming executive team
Cons
Wheels of change are slow. Annual budget is set by accounting and not operations
Hospitality in a beautiful professional environmen
Microsoft Executive Briefing Center (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 31, 2017
Working at the Microsoft Executive Briefing Center Wolf Gang Puck delivered five star hospitality to visiting guests of Microsoft with seemless service.
Pros
Fabulous Food to enjoy after our shift.
Cons
None I worked with amazing people and enjoyed my job
Great Job
Corporate Executive Chef, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Growing company that requires excellent communication and computer skills. Position requires a lot of travel that may interfere with family life. Overall good place to work
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
expendable
Work
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Great place, good people just needed a place where I could grow there was no room for improvement there. Everybody had been there for years they are great at what they do and the chef loved them
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Great Place To Work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Amazing talent good place to learn and grow....the attention to detail is second to none, the opportunities to travel, work with other passionate leaders who's only goal is the to over deliver the guest experience
Discrimination often occurred
Administrative/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I really did learn a lot from the opportunity, however I find that discrimination and harassment reports are not taken seriously. Several people (including myself) reported people's actions and nothing happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolfgang Puck. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval