Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

A good company to work for
UX/UI Designer (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I was at WK for over 25 years in multiple roles and was always encouraged to learn new skills and grow. I had many opportunities to advance and I think their benefits package is very good.
Pros
You can work remotely full-time
Cons
It's all about tax and business law.
Toxic and Undisciplined
Order Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 11, 2018
The manager I worked for is unprofessional, greatly lacks in leadership and management skills. She also is quite deceptive and unappreciative when it comes to work related problems/solutions.
Stressful, Micro-managed Environment
Senior Tax Writer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my work colleagues and the work I did but the revolving door of upper management created an atmosphere of distrust causing the morale to be very low.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Lack of honesty by upper management and declining compensation for quanity of work requested.
Seasonal fast-paced environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 7, 2018
The company provides income tax preparation software to professional tax preparers. The seasonality of tax season support needs can create a fast-paced environment for most all employees in various departments.
Pros
room for career advancement
Cons
work-life balance
Disorganized
Sr. Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILDecember 28, 2017
Leadership is disorganized. Lett hand doesn't know what right is doing. No clear goals.You are expected to work on PTO and or holidays. Great co-workers and great benefits.
Very relax work ennviroment
Business Analyst (Technology Liaison) (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILDecember 23, 2017
Worked as a contractor. Flexible work schedule and able to work remotely. Overall, good place to work if you can get hired as a full-time. Many of my coworkers have been there for over 10 years.
Normal Environment
Production Associate / Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2017
Overall great place to work. Coworkers are easy to get along with and work load is acceptable. Depending upon the area of expertise there may not be much room for growth.
Soul crushing
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 6, 2017
This place will suck the life out you and crush your soul. They require 52-55 hours per week but do not divulge that in your interview. They do not care about their employees or the community we live in.
busy, non-stop Executive Support
Sr. Executive Assistant to CFO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
My CFO & 3 Executives are great. My day to day varies, days when all 4 are traveling the Global, I'm interacting with my counterparts, scheduling in multiple time zone, tracking their calendars & keeping them on schedule.

When they are all in the NY Office, my is day is AD HOC
Pros
work remotely
Great compensation and benefits but slow progress
Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILNovember 28, 2017
Wolters Kluwer is very keen to move forward. They are very keen to use new ideas and new technologies but a lot of the team is older and very comfortable in their roles so progress as a young developer is very slow. The working environment is extremely relaxed but if you may get frustrated if you're ambitious.
Nice Place to Work
WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  16522 Humters Green Pkwy, Hagerstown, MD 21740November 26, 2017
If they didn't out-sourced the warehouse would still be there, Fun and friendly place to work, Paid time off was wonderful, Management was great to work for and with
Industry is in decline
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
The company sets unrealistic expectations with no basis in reality. The viability of the sales model is unsustainable. The distribution of potential / viable business creates a feast or famine environment
Impressions
IT Administrative and Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 17, 2017
Overall a very good work experience. My immediate management was very very good. My job duties were overall a good fit, included a lot of incoming call phone work which tends to burns me out quickly if call volume is too high. But customers were very good to work with.
Really professional . Relaxed job
Content Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2017
The best place I’ve ever worked for . They are very friendly . Nice people . You have to work at a effecient but steady pace. Not micromanaged . The Boss is very flexible and understanding . The Director is very nice and professional .
great product
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 15, 2017
very high price subscription service annual renewal product very large hospital clients significant stress average management large territories good pay
Great company to work for.
Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Wolters Kluwer, but had reached the point where the product I was most familiar with had reached the end of its useful life, and had no interest in learning the new product.

The management was flexible and encouraging of those who wanted to advance in the company, and it was a pleasure to work for them.
A good work environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 12, 2017
Like the people. My team was a pleasure to work with and I plan on keeping in touch with them in the future. Good work/life balance. No issues if time off was needed.
Pros
Great people, liked my management and team
Cons
Slow moving
Great Company
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
No complaints, very fair compensation, friendly work environment. Great opportunities for growth and merit based pay increases. Large company with opportunity
Poor Management and Lack of Career Advancement
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILNovember 8, 2017
Management is out for their own gains. They do not offer annual raises to employee's. Increase workload and sales quotas with no increase in commissions.

There is a complete disconnect between what the CEO of the company puts out to their employees and what business units are doing. Senior level management is trying to drive a culture of internal growth and retention but will be unsuccessful as long as Middle Management is not willing to play along with these goals.
Pros
Great paid-time off.
Cons
low salaries. Pay 18% below market value for similar jobs and positions
Power User Group Representative III (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2017
I am not going to do a complete review of this job. It is stupid and not necessary so I will not be doing it this is all that you will get from me. Stop.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolters Kluwer. Our community is ready to answer.