Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Employer Reviews

Productive and fun plae to work
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Saint CloudMay 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: por working environment
This company did not promote fun in the workplace - I worked in a very hostile environment. Management sat in their offices and never interacted with their staff other than the monthly meetings and annual performance review.
Publisher
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
Called into pharmacies and hospitals selling drug reference in print and online.
Great place to work.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 16, 2014
Great place to work but unfortunately my position was eliminated. Job was good with work life balance. The hardest part of my job was the lack of involvement from the person I reported to.
Had great benefits!
WAREHOUSEMAN/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, onsite fitness center
Cons: continual outsourcing causing many job losses including mine
My typical day at work began with cycle counting and picking and pulling stock for the days orders using our SAP System. Over 20 years, I learned all the different aspects of a warehouse operation. I had the same manager for my entire 20 years, who was a hands-on guy. He was always open to my input and this helped our department run smoothly. The hardest – more... part of my job was leaving it after 20 years as my department had been outsourced to another company. The best part of my job was being able to assist in running our department which was the core of the company. It gave me confidence in knowing that my experience was valued. – less
Excellent pace to work
Regulatory Consultant/Compliance Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Washington DCApril 2, 2014
Most enjoyable place to work-wonderful and great people to be around
WKFS
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2014
• Sales of document management, risk mitigation and compliance software and services to banks, credit unions, and mortgage companies.
• Managed top tier financial institutions (Bank of America, Citigroup, Chase, etc.)
• Developed complex workflow solutions with various loan originations systems
• Developed alliance partners. Sold BPO services (business – more... processing outsourcing).
• position eliminated as mortgage market implodedA – less
Productive, exciting fun place to work
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee), UKFebruary 16, 2014
Typical day at work would be sat around my team providing technical support to customers.

I learned how to technically advise clients over the phone to come to a quick fix solution.

Management were always on hand to help and advise.

Co-workers were always supportive and there to help.

Hardest parts of the job were advising exasperated clients.

Most – more... enjoyable parts were finding quick fix solutions. – less
I learned how to be a remote employee
eLearning Product Mgr/Sr. Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 13, 2014
It was a totally new experience for me to work as a remote employee. I'm organized and self motivated, so doing the "work" was never an issue, but it took a long tome to get used to no social interaction the office setting brings.
GOOD Place to Work
SAP Security Admin (Current Employee), CHHFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, free coffee.
Cons: nothing
Some days are very busy but thank GOD work done on time.
Co-Workers are friendly in nature.
Allow to work remotely that my enjoyable part of the job
Good product
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: product
Cons: culture
They had a good competitive product in the market space but need time to develop the trust and relationships with vendors and hospitals. My immediate boss was great to work for however the rest of the corporate culture was very toxic.
Nice Work-Life Balance
Anonymous (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
WK understands the importance of work/life balance
Coworkers are very engaging
A very productive place to work.
Collections/Billing/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Manhattan, New YorkFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no over time.
This was only a contract position,
I do feel like it was a great company to work for.
If there was an opportunity for a permanent position in the company I would gladly except the position.
An interesting place to work
Publisher's Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: paid time off, health insurance, commission - if you hit your goal
Cons: no comment
Challenging, to say the least. A good starting point for those unfamiliar with the world of publishing.
interesting industry
account rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, pto, benefits
Cons: weak product, clueless upper management, poor management training, lacking sales training, overload on product training, incompetent managers, they do not pay you correctly
you work with some great individuals who actually care about their job and the company. unfortunately, upper management takes no pride in their employees and are unwilling to invest the time to look into on-going issues to allow for a seamless and more efficient environment
Very nice place to work
Test Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
It was good exposure on testing project activities. its all about publishing domain.
No room for growth
Former Employee (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: you have your own desk, good co-workers
Cons: no room for growth, won't give you pay increase, management doesn't know technology
The company does not really have any room for growth.

The management team does play favorites as to who gets hired despite what their website says. The managers have no real solid IT knowledge which makes it hard to communicate on ideas that increase productivity if they don't understand technology too well.

The pay is almost near poverty levels and – more... they will hold your pay increase hostage and find ridiculous reasons to not give you a pay increase. The work is fast paced and they expect you to know everything.

The only real good thing is the people you work with. Recommend only if this is your first job fresh out of high school. College graduates can do better working in better companies and making twice as much money than working here.

Recommended only for High School graduates who have rock solid Microsoft office skills and are looking for their first job only. – less
Great Position
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2013
Pros: self managed position
Cons: difficult location
Typically made outbound collections calls and processed payments.
Company's management is disconnected from customers
Account Executive (Former Employee), USDecember 28, 2013
Pros: product managers
Cons: senior management -sales managers
poor reaction to customer needs has put this company in a catch up position for last 5 years - trusted name, but does not compensate for product flaws - difficult to compete in this environment. Management constantly modifying sales compensation in their favor to the point where is became unmotivating
Proceed with caution
Editorial Consultant (Former Employee), Van Buren, ArkansasDecember 13, 2013
Pros: good breaks, great atmosphere
Cons: no training provided you must know everything right away
This company would do well to tell its prospective employees that they do not train. I was not told that I would be given little or no training. I arrived early and stayed late. They even said told my staffing agency that I had impeccable work ethics. A quote from my supervisor as well, " If I could keep people on personality alone you would be a shoe – more... in. You are such a sweet person. The position required more technical skill.' I worked as a contractor, so they terminated my contract because they didn't think want to train me at all. My advice ask a lot of questions in the interview. They told me they were willing to train. They did not keep their word. I believe this company should keep its word and realize that training is required for every job. – less
Busy and cooperative work environment, good for self-growth.
Sales Engineer and Training Manager (Current Employee), Beijing, ChinaDecember 4, 2013
Pros: travel to different places in the country and travel to overseas for the annual team meeting.
Cons: frequent travelling and less time being with my families.
Catch the early flight, grap a quick lunch after arriving at the hotel, do a training in the afternoon. Check emails and handle some works in the evening. Review and prepare for the training course or demo on the next day. Go to bed and pray that tomorrow all logistics at the training site will be just fine.

I have be trained to be a cool and intersting – more... presenter after giving so many training sessions to different audiences(young students, teaching staff, medical doctors and friendly librarians etc.)

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful manager.

We have a big team located in offices across the world, it is a perfect team,as a team we are the best.

The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking and time management, because there is only one training manager to serve 150 customers across China!

The most enjoyale part of the job is to realize how important what you are doing is to the company, to your customers and to your colleagues. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of – Read more

Wolters Kluwer Photos