Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

It is a good company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso ViejoMarch 20, 2017
It is a good company to work for, they seem to take care of their employees but as a contractor I was out of the loop. The headquarters are in NY so employees outside of the main office were a bit uninformed.
Productive, and creative workplace.
Journal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2017
I came in as an entry level employee. I was taught my job very thoroughly with a supportive positive group of people. Very friendly and pleasant work environment.
Pros
Good benefits package, as well as other perks and treats. Employees were appreciated, and, rewarded for their efforts.
Cons
Timeline pressure to submit journals.
Okay to work for
Senior Developmental Editor (CCH) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2017
People I worked with were great. There was a real team atmosphere. Unfortunately, team grew smaller and smaller. Upper management was non-responsive to employees' needs. Far too many reorganizations.
Very nice people to work with
Graphic and Digital Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Great management, very nice people. Perfect schedule. No overtime, easy to communicate with everyone. People are actually enjoying working there, no stresses.
Pros
Management, hours of work
Cons
Compensation
Account Executive responsible for attracting new business and maintaining existing relationships
Executive (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAFebruary 8, 2017
I would work with my designated financial institutions in eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and upstate New York that included banks and credit unions. I would schedule in-person and web meetings to review current products and demonstrate new software, forms, and compliance initiatives. I learned a new extensive line of services and products and develop relationships within a new vertical market.

The challenge was to meet the financial goals each year and demonstrate new products in a very competitive landscape. The sales cycle for software sales was long and challenging. I worked with a great team of executives but many times our products were not competitive in the marketplace. I also traveled extensively to meet with customers and had to maintain my sales activity in Salesforce.com.
Pros
Extensive customer interaction
Cons
Company culture and product deficiencies
Management does not mentor and there is little room for advancement
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw GAFebruary 7, 2017
Product slow to market standards, sales quotas high with little compelling events to support sales. No room for advancement.
Not what it seemed
Legal Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 7, 2017
I thought I was getting in with a good company just turned out that they were unprofessional. This is all I have to say about this and you forcing a minimum is ridiculous. So now I am just filling this with a bunch of nothing because I have nothing else to say.
Good place to work, friendly co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Good place to work, tax related company so for certain departments can have high stress times of the year. Friendly co-workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours can be expected
Healthy, friendly environment with a push for personal growth
WAREHOUSE LEAD MAN/RECEIVING (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 2, 2017
A fast-paced atmosphere yet with moments to take a breath.

Learning was encouraged and promoted.
All aspects of production and it's materials understood, the how from start to finish taught through time and patience

Management were caring and helpful in ways for guidance and growth.

Work environment:.fast-paced, diligent and nurturing for needs of the customer.

Hardest part of the job: Would be saying goodbye to it (Company shutdown in district)
In act of Job responsibilities would be time-management-This be said was still accomplished by day to day needs.

The most enjoyable: It's peoples
Pros
many free lunches, many caring people from The top-down; a light atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare pricing (Due to Insurance providers for the company) Company relocation-consolidation
Wolters Kluwer
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Pros: Good PTO, nice offices, nice people
Cons: Constant reorganizations and layoffs, no job security, bonuses cut with no reason, you don't get compensated any more for doing a good job as you would for doing a bad one, profit sharing cut in half in North America as they were unable to do that in Europe,
Old and atiquated
SaaS Software Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Old and antiquated. Seems like "Groundhog Day" where the same people are there forever (lifers). Pay has dropped significantly.
Ok workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 24, 2017
so so work place. not much room for growth or advancement. you are hired as a temp and they will hire you when there is room in their supposed budget to hire you. They rather have new employees come in as temps.
Great benefits
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2017
The best benefit package I have over had. Many changes within this company over the years. Never ending changes and down sizing.
Benefits
Cons
Downsizing
Toxic culture, nepotism, no opportunity without throwing others under the bus
HR Manager, Facility & Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2017
This company is run by friends or relatives and a tight knit group. No advancement. Toxic culture, everyone throws each under under the bus, no recognition, no trust - need to get rid of the senior management staff for there to be true change at this location.
Pros
PTO
Cons
culture, advancement, poor management, poor communication, lack of structure, processes, only friends get promoted and run the organization, very corrupt at the top
Wolter Kluwer is professional working place.
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Wolter Kluwer is professional working place. Facility are fantastic. Managers are so knowledgeable, Find a good guideline there and got a change to lot of new technology.
Wolters Kluwer
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Good environment but limited opportunity for advancement. Leadership at the top appears to be very good but those same skills and experience do not seem to trickle down in the organization.
Not discribable
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
In one of the projects I took part in. The Team I worked with spent three months on the community versions of the required framework. Finally, the team had to switch to the Enterprise version to get a verification with much effort wasted. I guess this because the least effort spent on reading engineering documents. Check the Rally, you barely see any complete English sentences not mentioning using Rally as an project management tool.
The manager encouraged conflict among team members and took a biased side. Gave bad review based on standard which the manager self did not follow.

They have a good training program. but apparently nobody applies the things they just learned. Eg. after a 'security' training. The product website still used non-secure HTTP all the way (including sending credentials).
Pros
un-ethical manipulative documentation, against non-retaliation
Cons
good benefits, some nice colleagues
Sr. Business Consultant
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Great Company and benefits, management needs to be more productive with employees, provide more training. Busy work environment and then no work as the project funnel dried up from lack of sales. Needs more oversight in the project, departmental management and the team development.
Pros
Great Company and benefits
Cons
Management needs to be more productive with employees, provide more training.
Inflexible employer, did not meet expectations from interview
Content Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2017
This review is regarding the "service excellence" division for Tax and Accounting and does not reflect other parts of the company. I was very disappointed after coming to work for this company and discovering that they were not willing to work with me on my class or extracurricular schedule even though they had said they would be willing to do that in my interview.
Pros
non-traditional accounting, good benefits
Cons
culture, no work-life balance, lack of help when necessary
Great benefits and learning opportunities
Business Tax Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2017
Wolterskluwer (aka CCH) is a good place to work with some great benefits and several learning opportunities for someone with an accounting degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolters Kluwer. Our community is ready to answer.

79%