Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Employer Reviews

Good people there, but not a great place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: very knowledgeable people
Cons: lots of tension; little support from management
You can learn a lot from the very knowledgeable people working there, but there's constant pressure and frequently shifting priorities. Individuals' goals often take precedence over the company's best interests and the company goals change often. Politics are a perpetual problem.
Great coworkers and low level management
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILJanuary 7, 2015
They're a little top heavy and tend not to find themselves in the situations where the right hand and left hands are oblivious to each other. There are a number of different divisions and while they all have their own strengths some of those divisions tend to be too proud to work together well (sometimes with reason but not always) which means a fair amount of re-inventing the wheel. The pay is average, low if you start there, but the healthcare isn't bad, and the PTO isn't bad. The people that work on the floor are great.
Great
Regulatory Consultant Contractor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2014
Great as a contractor. Enjoyed my time with the company. Would definitely continue.
Constant Change
Account Manager (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: unrealistic quotas
Multiple reorgs within a few years. Multiple CEO in 3 years. New compensation plans every year.
Productive, challenging, rewarding.
Sr. Machinist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes fun, lots of time off, relationships with co-workers good.
Cons: sometimes the balance of the job was overwhelming
My job everyday was multi-tasking, coordinating the ordering of parts to fix the machinery, ordering supplies for the different departments and ordering the materials for the special projects that I was building. All this was being done while working with the management of each department to keep the downtime to a minimum and product orders out on time. The challenge was good and sometimes fun, but at the same time could really be too much.
Enjoyed the client service aspect of the position
Account Manager Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2014
In this position I was in customer service traveling to client site. Enjoyable and rewarding.
Fast paced, dynamic environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2014
Pros: telecommuting
Cons: timezones
Never a dull moment dealing with on-line medical publishing. Always have new challenges to face. Legacy systems being converted to latest technology in .NET framework.
Information Support Specialist (Former Employee), Riverwoods, IlOctober 17, 2014
Pros: freedom to work individually and in group setting
Cons: they laid me off
I enjoyed my work. There is not to tell. I have there for over 20 years. It was a great fun place to work.
Best Work Environment
OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, holidays, and vacation time
I work with great management and co-workers that are truly patient with my training progress and very supportive with me when I need help or have several questions that need answered.

With that, the most difficult part of the position has been not knowing a particular aspect of the product when a customer needs help. At times, it can be hard to know how to answer them properly, although having my co-worker with me to help talk me through the process, has been the most enjoyable part of the position.
Manager, Full Text Design and Content Currency (Current Employee), Sandy, UTOctober 7, 2014
Productive yet relaxed atmosphere. Co-workers are great.
Challenging position where you learn many different facets of organization.
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work from home, set your own schedule
Working from home, I was very structured with my trainings, customer calls, followup and admin. I learned about legal publishing content, account management and what resources are best for the customer. My favorite part of the job was reviewing accounts and presenting new resources that would give the customer things they needed that they didn't even know was available. My coworkers were great. The most challenging part was moving the process along in the firm for approval. In this position you need to have a combination of good customer relationship and content knowledge.
Excellent place to work
Temporary administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Excellent place to work. Those in management where very friendly, as were the co-workers. Very quite, an easy place to get work done.
Great for those who work well unsupervised
Production Editor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, great insurance
Cons: not many opportunities for growth
Not a lot of communication with other employees outside of email and the occasional meeting. Great for independent workers. Supervisors are very trusting when you know what you're doing. Co-workers can be a little catty (female-dominated company), but some can make great friends.
Productive and every changing environment
Software Trainer/Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: design and develop new elearning projects, meeting new people
Cons: excessive travel
- Software Training/Implementation Consultant
- Working with financial institution, training staff on our new software
- Design and develop instructional materials including, books, web, elearning
Well at least the Public Sector does work - told you
Division Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2014
Pros: not much to list
Cons: pay, management, products
Management is bad, plain and simple. Bullies who use words likes losers when they talk about FSR's who are not doing well.

Public Sector works - you are welcome - signed the "Monster"

65% while having the lowest quota in years - embarrassing.
Provides a wealth of knowledge to caregivers around the world.
Author nursing literature as contracted (Current Employee), HomeAugust 6, 2014
Wolters Kluwer is a wonderful company to work for. Through their production of nursing, allied health and medical literature, data banks and online systems you know what you contribute can assist in the care of thousands of patients through the transfer of knowledge.
WKH produced quality educational materials for student use in both community college and university markets.
REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2014
As a regional sales director, I was responsible for an 11 state region with 8 remote educational sales reps covering these states. We were responsible for promoting and securing sales of the educational materials and worked closely with professors, deans, librarians, and students. Traveling with the reps to coach, mentor, and assist in securing sales was my primary responsibility. Goals were assigned yearly with commissions paid twice per year.

The most enjoyable part of this opportunity was working with the customers and the reps. Securing the sales was always a big win and it was rewarding to see the programs implement our educational materials for the betterment of their students.
Productive and fun plae to work
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Saint CloudMay 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: por working environment
This company did not promote fun in the workplace - I worked in a very hostile environment. Management sat in their offices and never interacted with their staff other than the monthly meetings and annual performance review.
Publisher
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
Called into pharmacies and hospitals selling drug reference in print and online.
Great place to work.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 16, 2014
Great place to work but unfortunately my position was eliminated. Job was good with work life balance. The hardest part of my job was the lack of involvement from the person I reported to.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of – Read more

Wolters Kluwer Photos