Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

didn't work there long
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Yardley, PAJuly 15, 2015
worked with multiple sales consultants

learned how to do expense reports

management was mediocre

co-workers were enjoyable
Great place!
Publisher (Current Employee), NYJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Hard to move higher or even laterally
BUSY! Hardworking team trying to get to the next level. Positive environment allowing plenty of autonomy. Each day brings a new challenge and that is the best part!!
Strong reputation
Director of Corporate Global Sales (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Well recognized. Needed information
Cons: Move away from the corporate market
Ovid/Wolters Kluwer Health has a very strong reputation in the markets they serve including corporates, academics and hospitals. They have a very effective search engine and great content.
Account Manager- Sales
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Baltimore Camden YardsJune 28, 2015
Pros: hours are good, continued education on products you are selling to present and future customers, good pay and benefits, free parking, good happy hours after work as well, weekly meetings to discuss good and bad things that come up in your daily work, ways to make them better
Cons: Poor Management leadership-
A great company to work for, when I started I was temp to hire, was brought in to increase revenue for the online division. , The company was Williams And Wilkins Publishing, 3 months later the company was purchased by Wolters Kluwer, .
The responsibilities stayed the same but feel the employees began to feel lost not knowing what will happen with the jobs they had,,
The best working enviroment that I've ever for at.
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Management, co-workers and fullfilling job
Cons: Expensive software which makes it challenging to justify the cost
1. Calling customers to get them to renew their software subscription and to address any objections including price and technical difficulties.

2. I've learned to not only lead my when it's called for but to also follow when it's best for business.

3. My immediate management team supports my division and does everything within their power to put me in a position to succeed.

4. I have – more... amazing co-workers. Everyone is invested in being a team player.

5. My problem is not with the customers. I think it's more challenging overcoming unexpected issues that need to be address immediately.

6. Talking to customers. At the end of the day customers are just people who want to be treated with class and to deal with a person and company and they feel is interested in meeting their needs. – less
Minneapolis/Health Division- Disaster
Customer Service (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, work from home (only for certain people though)
Cons: Management, shady business practices, losing money, discrimination
This portion of the company has very little respect for their employees and upper management has little to no experience in their field. Most of the VPs are friends or colleagues of the old owners of the acquired companies or the confidants of the VP of clinical solutions, Arvind. There is no room for advancement, management feels as if they know everything and many of the companies are hemorrhaging – more... money, the only group that is saving them is UpToDate because it is a historic and well known company with well known and used products in the medical field. They bring in new talent, but if new talent questions the ethics, management or the way things are done the individuals are boxed out until they either leave or the company makes up some excuse to fire them. I saw many people get fired not because they didn't do their job well, but because they had two sick days in a row or they questioned policies and procedures or stood up and challenged something that was not right or because the employee needed to be fired to make space for a buddy or friend with no experience who needed a job. In addition, they have multiple people on staff in certain departments that do not work and live on the paychecks, only coasting by because they are a friend or a family member of upper management. A large percentage of the staff is either related or knew each other outside of the office before they started there, the company even received a warning from internal HR to hide this or hire more unknowns because it was starting to look suspicious from an EEOC perspective. The only positive for my position was that it was work from home flexible, otherwise there were no other positives. The benefits were good until they decided to get rid of the MN health plan through Medica and change us all to the BCBS plan that is used by the rest of the firm, which is two to three times more expensive than what we were receiving. Either way, I am surprised that this company still runs without regulatory intervention or multiple employment suits with the way they run their business and hire/fire people.

NOTE: This is only for the health, specifically clinical solutions division in Minneapolis. I also worked with corporate on items as well as other business units and found overall that WK was a great company, this portion of the company is the main bad apple of the bunch. – less
Good market position, internal/technical issues
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2015
I worked at a marketing manager for a year on the med practice side. The products were interesting, I enjoyed learning about medical specialties. Leadership often had a pathetic grasp of technology, leading to substantial issues with SEO/web dev/app dev/internal tools. Marketing department was a mess organizationally, with a clueless VP.
productive
Cognos Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Transactional Sales environment
Business Development - Solution Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Low Paying
The company has a nice culture for individuals that enjoy transactional sales. The salary is low but paid time off is sufficient,
Great people, not for the overqualified
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 28, 2015
The people who work there are wonderful, but the pay is very low, raises are once a year and it's a lot of work for a very small salary. Vacation time is good, but there isn't a whole lot of advancement. Having a degree is useless, you're put in the same boat with high school grads who are 50 years old.
Was great while they were around
Purchasing Specialist, Contract (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2015
Pros: location, employees
Cons: Company relocating procurement to East Coast
Worked a contract position at this company which was later bought out by a company on eth east Coast. Would have loved to have stayed but they closed the West port location.
Good place in which to work
Writer/Analyst (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILMay 14, 2015
Wolters Kluwer was a very good place in which to work. The editorial positions utilized your background and education, but still permitted an excellent work/life balance.
It provided me with lifetime skills.
Knowledge Organization Information Specialist (Former Employee), Riverwoods, Il.April 29, 2015
It was a productive time. I learned with knowledgeable people.

The skills I learned with stay with me for life.

The opportunities for growth were fine.
Writer/Analyst (Former Employee), Riverwoods, ILApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance
Cons: Little chance for advancement
It was a good place to work for many years. The work was interesting and challenging. The co-workers were kind and responsive.
Fun
Title Examiner / Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Fun pleace to work if you likr retial - great training program, decent beneifits - lots of fun interacting with the kids and families.
amazing growth and progress
Product Marketing Manager/Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 7, 2015
Wolters Kluwer is a large company spanning many countries. The divisions and operating units all function as individual companies but with the overall goal of making sure that the customer will use their product "when they have to be right".
Great benefits, good training and excellent tech support
BO Developer (Former Employee), swedenApril 3, 2015
Great benefits, good training and excellent tech support both inside and for outside customers.WK is an extremely professional but socially agreeable workplace, with a strong sense of teamwork and very little egocentricity. Its pay and leave always felt generous, but above that, it was filled with a large group of exceptionally agreeable people.
Used to be a good place to work, not anymore
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2015
It used to be a very good place to work - challenging and interesting projects; dedicated people; good environment and benefits.. Unfortunately, the company is to relying on offshore resources now. As a result, a lot of positions were eliminated.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work. Friendly coworkers, great advancement, and a variety of things to learn.

Preformed both manual and automated software testing on multiple platforms.
Loved my Job
Sales Manager & Supervisor, Loislaw (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARMarch 15, 2015
Loved my job. Worked 10 years, was the best. the people and personalty were great, Had to choose the best job this is it. However we were bought out and closed, after 10 years it seem like a divorce.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of – Read more

Wolters Kluwer Salaries

$105,000 per year
Account Manager
$55,000 per year

Wolters Kluwer Photos

Deze foto heeft een collega van mij genomen tijdens het werk.