Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 16, 2014
Great place to work but unfortunately my position was eliminated. Job was good with work life balance. The hardest part of my job was the lack of involvement from the person I reported to.
Had great benefits!
WAREHOUSEMAN/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, onsite fitness center
Cons: continual outsourcing causing many job losses including mine
My typical day at work began with cycle counting and picking and pulling stock for the days orders using our SAP System. Over 20 years, I learned all the different aspects of a warehouse operation. I had the same manager for my entire 20 years, who was a hands-on guy. He was always open to my input and this helped our department run smoothly. The hardest part of my job was leaving it after 20 years as my department had been outsourced to another company. The best part of my job was being able to assist in running our department which was the core of the company. It gave me confidence in knowing that my experience was valued.
Excellent pace to work
Regulatory Consultant/Compliance Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Washington DCApril 2, 2014
Most enjoyable place to work-wonderful and great people to be around
WKFS
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2014
• Sales of document management, risk mitigation and compliance software and services to banks, credit unions, and mortgage companies.
• Managed top tier financial institutions (Bank of America, Citigroup, Chase, etc.)
• Developed complex workflow solutions with various loan originations systems
• Developed alliance partners. Sold BPO services (business processing outsourcing).
• position eliminated as mortgage market implodedA
I learned how to be a remote employee
eLearning Product Mgr/Sr. Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 13, 2014
It was a totally new experience for me to work as a remote employee. I'm organized and self motivated, so doing the "work" was never an issue, but it took a long tome to get used to no social interaction the office setting brings.
Good product
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: product
Cons: culture
They had a good competitive product in the market space but need time to develop the trust and relationships with vendors and hospitals. My immediate boss was great to work for however the rest of the corporate culture was very toxic.
Nice Work-Life Balance
Anonymous (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
WK understands the importance of work/life balance
Coworkers are very engaging
A very productive place to work.
Collections/Billing/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Manhattan, New YorkFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no over time.
This was only a contract position,
I do feel like it was a great company to work for.
If there was an opportunity for a permanent position in the company I would gladly except the position.
An interesting place to work
Publisher's Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: paid time off, health insurance, commission - if you hit your goal
Cons: no comment
Challenging, to say the least. A good starting point for those unfamiliar with the world of publishing.
interesting industry
account rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, pto, benefits
Cons: weak product, clueless upper management, poor management training, lacking sales training, overload on product training, incompetent managers, they do not pay you correctly
you work with some great individuals who actually care about their job and the company. unfortunately, upper management takes no pride in their employees and are unwilling to invest the time to look into on-going issues to allow for a seamless and more efficient environment
Very nice place to work
Test Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
It was good exposure on testing project activities. its all about publishing domain.
No room for growth
Former Employee (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: you have your own desk, good co-workers
Cons: no room for growth, won't give you pay increase, management doesn't know technology
The company does not really have any room for growth.

The management team does play favorites as to who gets hired despite what their website says. The managers have no real solid IT knowledge which makes it hard to communicate on ideas that increase productivity if they don't understand technology too well.

The pay is almost near poverty levels and they will hold your pay increase hostage and find ridiculous reasons to not give you a pay increase. The work is fast paced and they expect you to know everything.

The only real good thing is the people you work with. Recommend only if this is your first job fresh out of high school. College graduates can do better working in better companies and making twice as much money than working here.

Recommended only for High School graduates who have rock solid Microsoft office skills and are looking for their first job only.
Great Position
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2013
Pros: self managed position
Cons: difficult location
Typically made outbound collections calls and processed payments.
Company's management is disconnected from customers
Account Executive (Former Employee), USDecember 28, 2013
Pros: product managers
Cons: senior management -sales managers
poor reaction to customer needs has put this company in a catch up position for last 5 years - trusted name, but does not compensate for product flaws - difficult to compete in this environment. Management constantly modifying sales compensation in their favor to the point where is became unmotivating
Proceed with caution
Editorial Consultant (Former Employee), Van Buren, ArkansasDecember 13, 2013
Pros: good breaks, great atmosphere
Cons: no training provided you must know everything right away
This company would do well to tell its prospective employees that they do not train. I was not told that I would be given little or no training. I arrived early and stayed late. They even said told my staffing agency that I had impeccable work ethics. A quote from my supervisor as well, " If I could keep people on personality alone you would be a shoe in. You are such a sweet person. The position required more technical skill.' I worked as a contractor, so they terminated my contract because they didn't think want to train me at all. My advice ask a lot of questions in the interview. They told me they were willing to train. They did not keep their word. I believe this company should keep its word and realize that training is required for every job.
wolters kluwer
Business Tax Support Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 30, 2013
A typical day at work was support on the phone for our clients. I learned to navigate and test tax software. Also basic accounting methods. Management is good for the most part. My co0workers were intelligent and hard working. The hardest part of the job was learn tax methods and laws. The most enjoyable part of my job was the classes we took and hitting goals.
Stay Away
Accountant (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaNovember 26, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: low pay, no work/life balance
Accounting department is dysfunctional at best. They currently use Great Plains, but are supposed to go to SAP in the future. When that happens there will be more laid-offs. Accounting is organized by Division so there is no security. All of G&A type accounting (payroll, fixed assets, cash, etc.) has been outsourced to India. Management is not clear on expectations and there is a clear lack of leadership. Technology is backward. There are too many fulfillment systems and some are ancient. SAP would solve the problems caused by having too many fulfillment system (each BU has their own), but with the way they handle system implementation it would be poorly handled. Benefits are not great. Pay is on the low side. There are also technical issues each month with the FTP site and GP in general. IT help is limited. Dutch own company that does not respect US Holidays. You will work most.
Proceed with caution if you interview in Philadelphia office with accounting.
Wonderful people.
IT Admin & Support Analyst III (Current Employee), Saint CloudNovember 18, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: ...
Work with wonderful people, no real negatives for the position I am in.
A remote position
Due Diligence/Putback Reviewer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: remote position
Cons: stuck in house for atleast 10 hours per day.
Team meeting via teleconference. Gather files to review. I loved working from home and all the managers were only a call away,
Up Down Up Down
Instructional Designer/Senior Customer Trainer (Current Employee), Chicago, IL - home based in Raleigh, NCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: compensation, freedom, benefits
Cons: poor management
I have been associated with this company for many years, first, as an employee, then as a contractor and, finally, as an employee again. I work from home which is great. I have been given a lot of freedom to manage my time. I am respected and very good at what I do. Over the years I have moved from a strict customer training focus to one of training development. This company has been in transition for so long that it is difficult to understand the overall strategy. Management has been inconsistent. My co-workers are 'virtual' but are all competent. The hardest part of this job is waiting for management to make a simple decision. The best part is that I continue to learn.

About Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Professionals in the areas of – Read more

Wolters Kluwer Photos