Wolverine World Wide Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible
Packer (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJune 19, 2016
I worked for WWW in BR over the summer and it is honestly a terrible place. The hours are long, OT is suddenly sprung upon you, (I don't mind the extra hours) and the people that work there are all very rude and unintelligent. I've worked in a few factories, and honestly the only way to describe most of the workers is "white trash" because they are the scum you see climbing out from under rocks when something happens that they want to see in town.
Pros
Four 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, alot of hours
Cons
Nasty building, very hot, awful people, belligerent passive-aggressive supervisor
Loved my job
Sr. Key Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 14, 2016
Work with factories in China/Bangladesh... put orders through from customer that would ship directly from our west coast facility right to the customer, bypassing any of WWW's warehouses.
How to manage inventory, schedule factories, get product to customer on time.
Co-workers willing to help each other out.
Hardest part was keeping a positive attitude. As the company lets people go every year around the same time and just trying to stay positive at that time. Lost my job there when they let about 100 of us go in 2014.
Loved working with production and the factories.
Pros
Benefits -
Great Outlet with great Wolverine products
Extraordinary Customer Service in shoe sales (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MINovember 19, 2015
I loved working at Rockford Footware Depot. I had fun co-workers however management could use management classes. Hardest part of my job was standing and walking and steps to the warehouse all day long. Only 20 minute paid lunch. Was very hard on my feet and back. LOVED MY CUSTOMERS, LOVED THE NEW SHOES, LOVED BEING AROUND PEOPLE!
Pros
GREAT DISCOUNTS ON NAME BRAND SHOES
Cons
ONE 20 MINUTE LUNCH, AND being on my feet all day long.
Typical Day at Work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MINovember 7, 2015
They only cared about the quantity and not the quality of the boots. We were treated in humanly as workers cussed at and talked down to if we did not get our numbers out. Workers are injured and the lie and try to blame it on the worker , But in all honesty there machines are unsafe. I would not go back to work for them, they also encourage the line leaders to scream at the employees and they will get a raise. If other employees treat other employees wrongfully the also reward that awful employee.
Pros
Lots of hours decent pay
Cons
Not worth being treated so poorly
Overall a good place to work-
Key Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 7, 2015
A relaxed environment, with a great life/work balance. Starting pay is good, but slow to promote. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, sick time, and floating holidays, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Environment is sometimes a little too lax
jobs are mainly military contracts
Industrial Sewer (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 7, 2015
most of the jobs orders are military contracts for footware. unfortunately if regulations change there may be less jobs available and cause company future to be unstable.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours and stressful invironment
Great managers to work with
picker/packer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIJuly 23, 2015
Love my job with Wolverine World Wide. I am looking for different work due to lack of work at Wolverine. I am currently laid off and seeing employment for full time work with competitive pay.
Pros
Benefits, 401K match, great people to work with
Cons
Economy is hard on company currently, no work to keep us busy
good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INJune 29, 2015
its a good company to work for. good staff. good loyalty program for customers. everything is old school. full time benefits are good. they dont pay part time time and a hlf for holidays worked though.
Fun work place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
I had a lot of fun working with Wolverine World Wide threw Manpower. I was only a temp. at this job. Working in my position at wolverine was difficult at times because there was no room for error. This job had steady hours.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Only Temp
Productive work place and well organized
Administrative Manager & Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 10, 2015
I did the industrial engineering like layouts for production lines and machinery needed to produce product and number of people needed. The job could be stressful at times when starting new production. It was always a pleasant experience to see the finished product.
Pros
Safety Dinners monthly
Cons
Lots of long hours
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIApril 7, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working in many different areas from warehouse, cash applications, freight auditing, customs and compliance.
Pros
Good benefits
Hardly any advancement opportunities, no management of workers
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford,MIMarch 4, 2015
Very little opportunities to advance within the company, and the company cares absolutely nothing about family and commitments other than getting product out the door. Managers do not manage people or process problems, its the same today as it was 15 years ago.
A very nice place to work
Key Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIFebruary 20, 2015
I loved working with Wolverine World Wide. I felt as though the people I worked with from upper management to co workers and dealers were more like family than just co workers and dealers.
I would still be with this company if not for the fact that they needed to do what was best for the company and relocated our complete Customer Service department to Indiana.
Pros
very flexible with letting you make up time when needed.
Cons
not getting pertinent information in a timely matter.
Great place to work.
Desktop Support Tech (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Wolverine World Wide, their call center in Richmond, Indiana, the work was easy and pretty standard day to day. Unfortunately, this was only a contract position with no room for growth or enhancement. Working for a call center was pretty straight forward.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
An environment that is very busy and requires multi-tasking
Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIDecember 18, 2014
A fast pace environment with doing many different jobs. I processed credit card payments daily. I authorized checks to various accounts. I answered the phones. I also did what ever was needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was that there was no overtime allowed. I really enjoy inputting data and doing paperwork.
Good hours and Good Pay
Reverse Goods Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIOctober 13, 2014
Good job, but fluctuating business affects hours and layoffs.
Pros
pay and health benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
ehhhhh
Bottom Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2014
depends what line your on if you like working there or if you hate it .
Executive Assistant Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIOctober 2, 2014
Great place to work. Busy but productive. Exciting and challenging. Fun but serious. All levels of personnel are friendly and family culture business.
Great place to work with good company Culture
Consumer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MISeptember 4, 2014
Rockford Business Center: Great place to work, nice people and good company culture.
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Great company to work for
Customer Service Rep (CSR)-Major Accounts (Former Employee) –  Rockford MIAugust 28, 2014
This was great job I enjoyed speaking with shoe dealers all over the US in helping them place their weekly orders, checking shipping status and tracking if necessary.

This was a job you needed to be able to multi-task in a fast pace enviroment, Answering phone calls to place shoe orders, answering email requests and working on releasing orders to the warehouse for processing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolverine World Wide. Our community is ready to answer.