Wolverine Worldwide

Wolverine Worldwide Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with an excellent team.
Salesperson/keyholder (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2017
I am currently employed by a multi outlet brand referred as Hush Puppies Merrel Sebago which is owned by Wolverine Worldwide. I have been working here for about six months now, and I enjoy every minute working with my team. Alongside providing our customers service, we build dignified relations with our customers. Working with this company has improved me in the retail industry.
Pretty typical retail job
Assist customers in selection of footwear (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 9, 2017
The pay scale seems to be slightly less than comparable jobs at the management level, but the company makes up for it with bonuses for making each quarter.
Family Friendly people where learning is fun
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 12, 2017
i would come in and start my day with responding to emails and there will be new projects ready for me to go if i wasnt already working on a project for a vendor. My manager was great she taught me alot and was a great person as well as the rest of the team. It felt like family.
fast pased and busy days
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Typical days were busy with employee questions regarding their benefit(s). While employed, we completed the process of an acquisition of another company. The process was stressful, however, we worked together as a team and completed the steps necessary. It was a great learning experience. The HR team was great, we supported one another and worked together as a team. The part of my position that I enjoyed most, was assisting employees with understanding their benefits. During a typical day, I received 50 - 75 e-mailed messages and 20-30 phone calls.
Pros
the opportunity to assist and work closely with employees
Cons
nothing
kid and shoe lover
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2016
working with many different styles of shoes from baby walking shoes to girly teen shoes.
you get a free pair when working
have a lot of patience
managers are very understanding
Great coworkers.
Past Employee (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIOctober 14, 2016
WWW has many wonderful and talented individuals working there. The work life balance is poor. Unfortunately it is common when someone leaves the company to pass on those responsibilities to coworkers or direct reports instead of filling the position. It was a great place to work.
Fun brands, new office space!
Product Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 12, 2016
people are great, brands are good. Lack of transparency from upper management and tend to promote from within instead of hiring outside talent. Pay is pretty low, but the work life balance is great.
Fun work environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OHAugust 5, 2016
I really loved working at Wolverine Worldwide. There are some issues that I think should be corrected but overall not a bad place to work.
has its pros and cons
SHOE INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 27, 2016
The hardest part of the job would be scrubbing the shoes in a fast efficient time. I am very detail oriented so I like to make sure my finished product looks presentable. When I have to get certain shoes out in a matter of minutes, it adds stress to my work day.
Very helpful & easy to apply
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40258June 28, 2016
Very helpful & easy to apply , easy to communicate, worked various jobs & gained much more experiences., picking and packing out boxes driving cherry pickers to return and ship packages , unloading trucks that came too the warehouse, throwing boxes on line for costumers too get, & many of the employees where very friendly and helpful.
easy going place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIMay 23, 2016
Wolverine world wide is a fun and easy place to work but do not miss one day or you will be let go from your position. It is repetitive work so you do not have to try and remember a lot of steps. with that being said the repetitive work can make you sleepy early in the morning. Good pay and friendly people to work with.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 26, 2016
This place had a very good atmosphere. Most people were willing to help you any anyway possible. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to work with customers over the phone and just be involved with the everyday business.
Hard Working
E-commerce merchandise specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 26, 2016
I had the pleasure of working at Wolverine Worldwide for the last 8 months and learned a great deal. The employees are the hardest working and passionate individuals that I have ever worked with.
Productive and friendly establishment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 11, 2016
During my time at Wolverine I learned a lot of new ways and strategies on how to work effectively without overdoing yourself. The shift started out with a mandatory start up meeting, we disperse and report to our areas assigned to us for the day. Upper level management was caring, helpful and hopped in and helped when need be. My fellow co-workers were friendly and always willing to assist on matters that I did not know of. The hardest part of my job was mainly physical. Once I worked and stretched for a few days the job was a breeze. We were offered free snacks, lunches, and prizes on special occasions. Overall I enjoyed myexperience working at Wolverine Worldwide.
Rewarding and Challenging
IT associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MINovember 12, 2015
It has been an experience. I liked Wolverine Worldwide in the middle portion of my employment.

However, the company in it's desire to be Footwear/Apparel is missing the beat. It is about product not how much work you can get of associates.

Too much power is concentrated in few management. For example head of IT also responsible for travel, warehouses, and supply chain!
Pros
Nice community
Cons
Work too many hours
awesome company to learn from
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2015
International company with awesome benefit and incentives for full time and upper management.

Will transfer employees if desired.
A lot of potential growth.
Great place to work!
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIAugust 24, 2015
I loved working there but the opportunity for growth was limited. Loved the discounts. Disliked rate of pay for length of time on the job.
Great Job for Location, Clean Workplace, Advancement not possible
Saucony Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 10, 2015
Wolverine Worldwide is a great company to work for within the city of Richmond, IN. It is about the highest paying position in the city for those without a four year degree. The job does tend to need overtime, which isn't always approved to have.
they have a place for us to relax on break
E-commerce Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 8, 2015
I come in at 8 am and our phones turn on at 9 am. I answer phone calls from consumers to place orders, returns , returns of defective products, and product information. In between calls I process orders for replacement footwear, issue gift cards as needed, and reach out to consumers that have negative reviews on our websites and product. Management has given us the tools to do what we need to delight the consumer. Most of my coworkers are great and we work well together. Hardest part of my job is not allowing a negative call affect the rest of my day. Most enjoyable part of my day is talking to a wide range of people
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a lot of room to move up in the company
good place to learn and grow in retail environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAApril 8, 2015
typical work day consists of shipment and customer service balanced effectively.....I have learned to grow business and oversee inventory and cash controls .....while learning to develop sales team and grow staff into potential assistants and store managers....hardest part of job is juggling all of the day to day functions of LP, safety, inventory, cash controls, hiring, training and keeping up with all the changes to paperwork that seems to grow instead of shrink
Pros
bonuses, employee discounts, excellent benefits
Cons
constant changes to upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolverine Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.