Womack Army Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great company overall
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Center, NCJanuary 19, 2016
I loved working there because of the care that was given to the military families as well as the servicemembers. I learned a lot about the medical field working at this job.
Excellent Medical Facility
Family Medicine Residency Clinic, Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 28, 2015
Great professional atmosphere. Provides excellent healthcare to America's patriots and their families. The benefits and opportunity to exceed are above average.
Experienced Medical Receptionist - And Veteran
Front Office Assistant / Manager of OB/GYN Clinic (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 22, 2015
I was a medical assistant and I loved assisting all the physicians. I greeted each patient and took their vital, checked their Urine specimens, charting, and assisting the physicians when needed. I also restocked supplies, cleaned out area with the clinic. I also organized the ordering process while working in the clinic. Re-directed the schedule for patients waiting time for physicians.All of my co-workers were smart, hard working, dedicated women that loved what they were doing. Each and everyone of them were also top notch soldiers. I think the hardest part of the job is that we could not help each and every patient in a timely manner. We were only a few with an extremely large patient load. However, we would stay late if necessary to ensure every patient was seen. We never turn away anyone, whether the walked in or had an appointment. I learned so much about the medical industry. It encouraged me to go back into the medical industry today. Helping others always make me feel good about myself and what I have done at the end of the day.
Pros
Assisting patients, assisting physicians. learning the day to day operations of medical office
Cons
under staffed for the amount of patients were seen
Training Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 10, 2015
Working in Hospital Education, it allow me to work with all staff of the Medical Facility. My people person skills worked well in this position.
Great place to work, with great mentoring and opportunities to advance.
Staff Nurse Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 27, 2015
A Typical day, a nurse would be assigned 4-5 monitored Patients with a possible admission. Code blue and rapid response may happen least once a week, with most being resolved on the unit or transfer to ICU. A nurse would average 1-2 total care patients if charge nurse made good assignments. Management was excellent with the schedule and accommodating with time off. Hardest part was working nights. Enjoyed the team approach and patient centered care. Best Job ever.
Pros
Great team work, and plenty of management support. None blame environment.
Cons
Fayetteville is very boring. Social life was limited.
Fabulous Work Environment
IMD Clinical Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ft Bragg, NCAugust 27, 2015
Great work environment; good benefits, and outstanding customer service driven organization. Flexible and accomodating for all work-life styles. Would recommend this organization.
Unfair and showed favorism
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 26, 2015
This was a very unfair place to work. There was jobs made for people. Some people who wanted to go part time couldn't but others could. People could come in late and do nothing all day and get by with it. Not a good experience. Only kept me there was the benefits.
Pros
Hour lunches health benefits and most holidays off
Cons
un fair work conditions to many to list
Rewarding
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort BraggMay 5, 2015
It is always a pleasure to work with the patients. I have learned how to respond calmly to a patient who is miserable and cranky because they don't feel well. Manage for the most part is ok but I have found that what they say and what they end up actually doing is two very different things which leaves the employees always having to fight for what they want or need to progress their own careers. My co-workers are great. Most of them have no fear of doing on the spot corrections if you not doing something correctly and I appreciate that. The hardest part of my job at the moment is fighting to get the schedule I want so I can continue nursing school and get my ADN. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients. I like to be around people.
Pros
good work environment, and benefits
Cons
Trying to get approval for a schedule so I can continue school
Medical Coder
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 2, 2015
Work from home. Loving my job but would love to gain experience in the fascinating world of medical coding and all that this job can offer.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Working from home!
Glad this was a locums position.
Nurse Practitioner Locum Tenems (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 22, 2015
WAMC and the contractor worked for were absolutely horrible. Could not wait to leave the place even after being offered a full-time position. Too many patients and unrealistic turnaround for documentation
Pros
good salary, supportive ancillary staff
Cons
no breaks, uncaring
great job
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  fort bragg, nc 28316November 19, 2014
my day consist of data entry lab work and blood draws. great place to be.
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
differnt shift
Great Work Enviroment.
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 23, 2014
I really loved my collegues at Womack. The work enviroment was challenging, but rewarding. My sergeants and officers where very supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of my job was my last day...the day my Medical discharge was finalized. I miss my Womack team.
Pros
chance for advancement, full benefits, and holidays off work
Cons
difficult patients
Nice to work in a military environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 2, 2014
I typically show up at 7am to begin my workday. I review emails and voicemails and plan my day accordingly. The hardest part of the job is when we have all doctors in clinic. I have to provide for all of their needs, and each thinks their needs are top priority. My coworkers are good people. We all get along like family.
Pros
fellowship time after working hours
Cons
very stressful when we are short staffed
Very good nurse/patient ratio
pediatric LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg North CarolinaAugust 25, 2014
Holistic approach to nursing. Treated the entire patient and entire family.
A top-notched military hospital
Office Automation Clerk, GS-0326-03/06 (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 5, 2014
My work days were full and productive. It was by far the best place I have ever worked!
Red Cross Volunteer
American Redcross (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 15, 2014
paperwork for incoming residents, nursing students and employees of the hospital.
US Army
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2014
There is always something to learn when serving in the armed forces. Lots of people to meet and learn from.
Military Position
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, North CarolinaMarch 31, 2014
Excellent Military Position. Enjoyed the staff and patients.
Fun interesting place to start off as an RT
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 20, 2014
Not a bad place just needs more work. Very slow work pace. It is the US. Army so we don't get to see that many differant cases
New Experiences
Clinical Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 17, 2014
As an intern, I got first hand knowledge what it was like to be in the Clinical Research field. This experience showed me what it was like to work as a Clinical Researcher from a different perspective. Where most would think a Clinical Researcher has patient contact, this internship had minimal patient contact. Instead, literature searches, writing, reviewing protocols, developing presentations, and participating in IRB meetings was a typical day at Womack. This experience was nothing like I imagined, but an experience I thoroughly enjoyed.
Pros
great shadowing experience and great mentors

4.4