Womack Army Medical Center

Womack Army Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great Work Enviroment.
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: chance for advancement, full benefits, and holidays off work
Cons: difficult patients
I really loved my collegues at Womack. The work enviroment was challenging, but rewarding. My sergeants and officers where very supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of my job was my last day...the day my Medical discharge was finalized. I miss my Womack team.
Nice to work in a military environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fellowship time after working hours
Cons: very stressful when we are short staffed
I typically show up at 7am to begin my workday. I review emails and voicemails and plan my day accordingly. The hardest part of the job is when we have all doctors in clinic. I have to provide for all of their needs, and each thinks their needs are top priority. My coworkers are good people. We all get along like family.
Very good nurse/patient ratio
pediatric LPN (Former Employee), Fort Bragg North CarolinaAugust 25, 2014
Holistic approach to nursing. Treated the entire patient and entire family.
A top-notched military hospital
Office Automation Clerk, GS-0326-03/06 (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 5, 2014
My work days were full and productive. It was by far the best place I have ever worked!
Red Cross Volunteer
American Redcross (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 15, 2014
paperwork for incoming residents, nursing students and employees of the hospital.
US Army
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2014
There is always something to learn when serving in the armed forces. Lots of people to meet and learn from.
Military Position
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, North CarolinaMarch 31, 2014
Excellent Military Position. Enjoyed the staff and patients.
Fun interesting place to start off as an RT
Shift leader (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 20, 2014
Not a bad place just needs more work. Very slow work pace. It is the US. Army so we don't get to see that many differant cases
New Experiences
Clinical Research Intern (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great shadowing experience and great mentors
As an intern, I got first hand knowledge what it was like to be in the Clinical Research field. This experience showed me what it was like to work as a Clinical Researcher from a different perspective. Where most would think a Clinical Researcher has patient contact, this internship had minimal patient contact. Instead, literature searches, writing, – more... reviewing protocols, developing presentations, and participating in IRB meetings was a typical day at Womack. This experience was nothing like I imagined, but an experience I thoroughly enjoyed. – less
Guard
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 5, 2014
. Ensured compliance with established procedures for issuing and control of access and security badges. Monitors access control into designated areas of the medical center through the use of security systems and patrol operations. Conducted periodic security badges/identification card verification to ensure compliance with established polices and regulations. – more... Conducted periodic foot patrols in and around the medical center to deter criminal activity and detect physical security breaches. Operated security system equipment (monitors, cameras, radios, computers, etc.) designated to aid in the protection of the medical center. Follows prescribed special procedures in the event of a major military or natural disaster emergency situation to ensure safety of personnel. – less
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: leaders left very often (military)
Nice people
Great learning facility
Leaders left very often
structure was there
I learned most of my skills at this facility from great doctors, nurses, and techs
Sterile Processing Tech
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee), Ft. Bragg, NCJanuary 14, 2014
Perform specialized recurring responsible work in the cleaning, sterilizing, packaging, storing and issuing of sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for the care and treatment of patients.
Operating Room Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 14, 2013
It is an awesome work environment. Everyone in my department works as a team. People tend not to leave.
Good job
System Specialist II/Hardware specialist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: -
Get to work a few minutes before 8:00 am, speak to all my co-workers and grab some breakfast. Go to my desk and begin the work day, by strategically planning how to be most effective completing my tasks and work orders, in order to be able to complete them for that day.

I learned that hard work and dedication is not enough to be successful in any job.

Everything – more... here is very political being a military installation. And the management is no different. Sometimes the tension is so thick it feels like you can cut it with a knife.

The hardest part of my job is staying motivated, the position of a contractor doesn't receive much praise in a military setting. However, motivation is not hard to come by on my own.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have built with my co-workers. – less
Emotionally stressful but professionally rewarding job at Womack army Medical Center
CLINICAL NURSE I - NICU (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, pay, retirement opportunities, state of art technology, equipment, and supplies, excellent opportunity to provide care to neonates in a facility with state of the art equipment, an excellent staff of neonatal nurse practitioners and neonatal nurses.
Cons: excessive probationary period, covert attempts to get individuals fired, lack of support from direct line managers, little or no flexibility with scheduling. no option for self-scheduling.
The institution provides health care to active duty and retired military, spouses, and dependents. It is extremely rewarding to provide service to those who give so much in the defense of this country. The facility is well organized, and offers a wide variety of services for military personnel and family members. Often fast paced, and unorganized it – more... can be challenging on a day-to-day basis. Probation is 365 days, and individuals have been known to be discharged days prior to the probationary period ending. This is extremely stressful for individual who have families that depend solely on this income. Unfortunately, management is not forthcoming with these details when hiring begins. The only information offered is that the probationary period is 365 days, an extreme since most jobs only require 60 - 90 day probation periods. Co-workers are known to sabotage new employees so one must be constantly on guard for covert actions against those who are deemed "not the right fit". The hardest part of the job is watching out for those who want to undue the probation. The most enjoyable part of the part of the job is interacting with military personnel and family. Most importantly helping them to recover and get back to the jobs they love best "Defending our nation". – less
Enjoyable and rewarding
Red Cross Volunteer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 28, 2013
Being a Red Cross Volunteer at Womack Army Medical Center has been an enjoyable and rewarding experience for me, I have learned how to take patients' vitals. I have two(2) children in the military, and this was my way of giving back.
very nice place
Medical Assistant,CNA (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 18, 2013
Pros: honor to serve
productive and fun work place people are military was honer to serve them and the community
Time to work in field of study
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nice patients
Cons: not good staff not professional supervisor
repetitive, and not rewarding for upward mobility. the supervisor was very racist and unfair with staff. Not professional towards all employees.
Exceptional work and family values.
Officer in Charge (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 17, 2013
Another great place to work. It is just like one big family there.
Work Day
Health Insurance Technician (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 6, 2013
Pros: federal government job
Cons: no advancement or proper training
My work day includes billing health insuranc companies for the service provide by Womack.I have learned from this job how to read and understand billing statements from insurance companies. The hardest part of my job is finding ICD codes for the bills and not being able to advance. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers are willing to assist – more... with tasks. – less

Womack Army Medical Center Photos