Womack Army Medical Center Employee Reviews

ER has poor EMR but great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 16, 2017
ER high volume but low equity see a lot of sick call stuff and very understaffed due to Gov hiring freeze, takes a long time to get hired and high turnover of leadership
Pros
Easy patients
Cons
Understaffed
Fast paced job.
ER DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJune 6, 2017
This was a contract job with the military. So I would not rate it as working for the hospital which was a much better place to work. The manager was manipulative and hard to get along with. I moved and gave a three week notice. The contract ended two weeks after I left and she gave no warning to the other employees.
Pros
Got to work at night and weekeds by myself.
Cons
Very stressful job. You could not fix any mistakes you made. What kind of system is that?
Enjoy working here
Clinical Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 1, 2017
Experiencing a much needed change in leadership. Wonderful employee support now and building a great team. Enjoy working with my group of nurses. Can be short staffed depending on the day
This is a secure job.
REGISTERED NURSE - LEVEL II (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 29, 2017
This is a federal job which an overall job security. Good retirement and benefits. The population of the patients here are mostly young and healthy.
Federal job
Chief of Occupational Safety & Health (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 23, 2017
Federal employment
Secure federal employment with typical federal benefits. Difficult environment to work in. Senior leaders are rotated out every two years. Program sustainability is challenging.
Great work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 22, 2017
Great place to work. Clean hospital. Friendly staff. Management is excellent. Everything and everyone is very professional. I would recommend this job to anyone
More with less
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 21, 2017
Many competing obligations and everything is a priority. Little opportunity for staff development/training due to push for access. Quantity over quality.
Pros
Pay, security
Cons
High expectations for very little training
Outstanding environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 20, 2017
Outstanding leadership, good quality nurses, incredibly team work between the staff nurses and assistants. Quality patient care. It was a pleasure to work in an environment such as this one
Logistics
U.S. Army Staff Sergeant, Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 10, 2017
Coordinated all medical supply purchases and re-supply schedules for hospital laboratory services. Managed medical inventory valued over $350,000 including sensitive items. Handled the task of reviewing, analyzing and forecasting inventory and logistical needs
Love working for the Army
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgey Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with active duty military and to the veterans who have served this great country!!! I also enjoy the training holidays that we have off from work !
Great experience
Bariatric Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 17, 2017
I loved evolving in this position which was new to the facility. My patients still contact me regarding the time I spent with them as they transition through the process of bariatric surgery.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
limited room for growth as a civilian nurse
Military treatment facility
Clinical Workflow Analyst (Current Employee) –  Information Management DivisionMarch 14, 2017
Womack Army Medical Center is an Army medical treatment facility that provides care (primary and specialty) to eligible beneficiaries (active duty soldiers their families, retirees and their families).
Assistant Ward Master (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 4, 2017
Steady typical work in the health field. Consistent practices and standards. It is a military installation so rules and policies have to be followed.
Loved the environment and staff
Nursing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 6, 2016
Great place to work. everyday is a challenge, but rewarding. Truly enjoyed the patients and staff. Being a part of the Lactation and training program has been a highlight in my career.
Great company overall
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Center, NCJanuary 19, 2016
I loved working there because of the care that was given to the military families as well as the servicemembers. I learned a lot about the medical field working at this job.
Excellent Medical Facility
Family Medicine Residency Clinic, Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 28, 2015
Great professional atmosphere. Provides excellent healthcare to America's patriots and their families. The benefits and opportunity to exceed are above average.
Experienced Medical Receptionist - And Veteran
Front Office Assistant / Manager of OB/GYN Clinic (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 22, 2015
I was a medical assistant and I loved assisting all the physicians. I greeted each patient and took their vital, checked their Urine specimens, charting, and assisting the physicians when needed. I also restocked supplies, cleaned out area with the clinic. I also organized the ordering process while working in the clinic. Re-directed the schedule for patients waiting time for physicians.All of my co-workers were smart, hard working, dedicated women that loved what they were doing. Each and everyone of them were also top notch soldiers. I think the hardest part of the job is that we could not help each and every patient in a timely manner. We were only a few with an extremely large patient load. However, we would stay late if necessary to ensure every patient was seen. We never turn away anyone, whether the walked in or had an appointment. I learned so much about the medical industry. It encouraged me to go back into the medical industry today. Helping others always make me feel good about myself and what I have done at the end of the day.
Pros
Assisting patients, assisting physicians. learning the day to day operations of medical office
Cons
under staffed for the amount of patients were seen
Training Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 10, 2015
Working in Hospital Education, it allow me to work with all staff of the Medical Facility. My people person skills worked well in this position.
Great place to work, with great mentoring and opportunities to advance.
Staff Nurse Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 27, 2015
A Typical day, a nurse would be assigned 4-5 monitored Patients with a possible admission. Code blue and rapid response may happen least once a week, with most being resolved on the unit or transfer to ICU. A nurse would average 1-2 total care patients if charge nurse made good assignments. Management was excellent with the schedule and accommodating with time off. Hardest part was working nights. Enjoyed the team approach and patient centered care. Best Job ever.
Pros
Great team work, and plenty of management support. None blame environment.
Cons
Fayetteville is very boring. Social life was limited.
Fabulous Work Environment
IMD Clinical Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ft Bragg, NCAugust 27, 2015
Great work environment; good benefits, and outstanding customer service driven organization. Flexible and accomodating for all work-life styles. Would recommend this organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Womack Army Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3