Woman's Hospital

Woman's Hospital Employer Reviews

very productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: only 10percent off lunch
start work day at 6:30
always call each patient around 8am to make sure they all have eaten
my coworkrs were always on the same page
the hardest part was rush hour
i love being able to help and be a great customer service representative
Productive workplace with opportunity for career advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaOctober 31, 2014
I work on a fast pace unit with a high patient volume. My position requires quick decision making and the ability to prioritize patient needs and time management skills. I am able to provide patient care at the bedside and within minutes shift to a circulating nurse in the operating room. The most rewarding part of my job is to be a part of bringing new life into this world. The hardest part of my job is perinatal loss and having to provide care to grieving families through such a tragic time.
Full of smart people with defined mission and goals
Bariatric Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 20, 2014
Great place to work! Busy, evolves, always striving to improve as an organization, improve patient outcomes and standards within the industry.
An awesome place to work, if it wasn't for moving 400 miles home, I would not even think about leaving.
Manager, Biomedical/Electrical (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work, friendly people. Easy to move up the ladder and admin really works with staff.
Specialist hospital with good community outreach.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: annual bonus
Cons: recent shift diiferential cuts
A specialist hospital with emphasis on the health of women and
infants. Several programs with outreach to community on these
issues. Mostly happy environment with new additions to family.
Coworkers like family and very knowledgeable. Several tenured
employees in every area of hospital. Management works for
betterment of patients and employees. Most difficult part is loss of
infants. Most enjoyable part is coordinating patient care with
other departments.
Baton Rouge Level III NICU well designed and managed
Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse, Transport Team (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 6, 2014
12 hr shifts
team work exemplified in this unit they really pull together and support each other

top notch equipment and people

hardest part was saying good bye after 10 years but it was time to move on
A wonderful place to work
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Tech (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2013
The NICU is one of the most closest unit or departments that I have ever been apart of as far as being helpful.
Woman's Hospital
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 25, 2013
It is a great place to work. Some of the best people and co-workers that you will ever have.
There was always something that they did to make sure the employees was happy
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: you know that you had a job and no one was going to take it from you.
Cons: nothing
Everybody smile there and love their job. I am so sorry that I had to move with my family. That hospital was my family. The employees did not back talk another employee. If a coworker did not do something some one else would do it and then tell them that they help them out. Even the Doctors are a part of that family.
Great company to work for.
Cook (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 18, 2013
Mostly every works together. My environment was very nice.
Great place to work.
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2013
Pros: great bonuses.
Cons: low pay
Loved working for Woman's Hospital. Management supported the employees.
Voted Best place to work
Registered Nurse- OB Float Pool (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2013
very busy unit but a very rewarding job. learned to care for pregnant patients. Team work is very big on this unit
my review
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed my time at woman's hospital. I worked in the child development center. Everyone got along and it felt like family.
Excellent place to Work!
Director of Materials Management (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 29, 2013
It's a real pleasure to come to work. If not for having to be separated from my wife during the work week, as I live in another state, I would never, ever want to leave this facility. Wonderful management and staff members across the board. The hardest part of working here is living here during the week without a family to go home to. The most enjoyable part of my job....a top-notch staff that is as passionate about their jobs as I am about mine.
Fantastic Place to work
Director of Materials Management - Director (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: an absolutely wonderful environment, great management team and supporting staff.
Cons: working out of town away from my family, i wish i could move this facility about an hour east of baton rouge.
From the atmosphere, senior management, Directors, Managers, staff workers, this is a great place to work. A typical day is where you arrive to work, feel good about being at work and knowing your staff and management support what you and your team are doing on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job (if you're coming from a corporate world) is remembering your environment. This is a non-profit facility. If you understand that some things take longer to complete than others, be like a Chameleon, change day to day depending on the challenges placed before you. The most enjoyable part of the job, working with a phenomenal staff that supports you in all of your endeavors.
Great place to meet people of all walks of life.
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2012
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: extremely long periods of time without a break.
answering phone lines and effectively transfering callers or answering their questions. Data/Updating/Verify demographics/faxing/copying/listening and assessing requested desires and assisting to satisfy their needs. Management was very helpful most of the time. Co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job would have to be not being able to find anyone to cover your shift after working on weekends or holidays and when calling manager she tells you that you have to stay if you can't find anyone (the longest was 2 days). The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the miracle of life.
Wonderful work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 5, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Very great hospital to work for enjoy my time while I was employed with this hospital.
Used to be a great place to work
RN (Former Employee), Baton RougeMay 16, 2012
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management and values
Woman's Hospital used to be a great place to work and I was proud to be an employee. In the last couple of years their values have changed. As long as you go to work and don't "rock the boat" (such as reporting inappropriate behaviors of co-workers or concerns about staff related issues) you will be fine. They want "robots" and people who don't question their decisions. If you decide to stand up for something you believe in, watch out!!

June 5, 2012

I used to work there years ago and yes thing have changed for the worst. Moral is low and seems like most people don't have that urgency to go to work there.

Very organized and raises the bar for hospital standards
Labor and Delivery PACU Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaMay 8, 2012
Pros: orgnaized, well staffed, clean, kind employees, great training, great benefits
Cons: judgemental
I absolutely loved working at Womans Hospital. I always felt at home with my co-workers and management. Womans hospital is a well orgnized and lovable place to work. Definitely raises the bar for hospital standards. Definitely my favorite place to work thus far
Fun and caring work place
Unit coordinator/ Certified Nursing Assistance (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 29, 2012
Woman's hospital was the best place I have ever worked for. I enjoyed working with all my friendly co workers. I really miss Woman's Hospital. I was there for six years and had to make the hardest decision to leave because I was working over night and my mother was to sick to care for my child. Woman's hospital is a great place to work.