Woman's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

High stress/Very rewarding
RRT (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 22, 2015
Loved and worked well with coworkers - doctors, nurses, techs, fellow respiratory therapists. As floor therapist- responsible for every area of the hospital including codes. As NICU therapist - responsible for all codes, deliveries and infants. The most enjoyable part of the job was handing an infant to his/her mother for the first time...incredible feeling. The hardest part of the job was losing an infant. Advancement was not common; upper management was about my age - not retiring any time soon.
Pros
rewarding feelings
Cons
no advancement potential
Productive and exceptional patient care
Part-time Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day would include coordinating a clean and safe work site for employees, patients, and visitors passing by. Inspecting equipment, setting up work area. Completing work thats needed. Replacing work area in way its needed for the next business day. Taking all equipment to be cleaned and stored along with supplies to be used the next business day.
Pros
Helping patients, and the compliments on a job well done. Pride in the craft.
Cons
Only a part time job.
Friendly Environment
Labor and Delivery Unit Secretary/ PRN (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 24, 2016
A very relaxed atmosphere, everyone works together to accomplish a project. Management is very professional, willing to help even if they do not know the answer. Always looking for individuals to advance within their position or taking on another position.
Pros
Cafeteria Discount, advancement opportunities
Cons
Can be slow at times on the weekends
Great working environment. Every one is a team player
Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 22, 2016
Enjoyed working for Woman's Hospital. Great Administration team. A Great working environment. Working for Woman's over the years was a great pleasure. At times the job became stressful, as with any job. Overall I loved the job and the people.
Pros
Meeting Great people everyday.
Not what it seems.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 14, 2016
Woman's has a great reputation in Baton Rouge, but my experience was far from great during my time there. The health benefits is what keeps people there.
Excellent place to work
Director of Materials Management - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2016
An excellent place to work all the way around. Senior Leadership is fantastic to work for and with. Director's, Manager's, Supervisor's, and staff strive for perfection and truly care about the mission of Woman's Hospital.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Sometimes people do get complacent and expect everything to go their way, all of the time and that's not possible.
Excellent workplace, very employee oriented
Health Information Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2015
One could not ask for a better management team. Co-workers consider each other as extended family members. Most have worked with each other for over a decade. "Do unto others" is the golden rule and it is followed.
Very organized and raises the bar for hospital standards
Labor and Delivery PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LaMay 8, 2012
I absolutely loved working at Womans Hospital. I always felt at home with my co-workers and management. Womans hospital is a well orgnized and lovable place to work. Definitely raises the bar for hospital standards. Definitely my favorite place to work thus far
Pros
orgnaized, well staffed, clean, kind employees, great training, great benefits
Cons
judgemental
Great workplace and Great doctors to work with
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Flowood MsSeptember 28, 2015
Great workplace and wonderful doctors to work with. I had wonderful co-workers and everyone was like family to me. I had a great experience working in the surgery dept. from August 2011-April 2015 until I was terminated. I since then have gotten back into a steady routine and would love nothing more than to be an employee again with Merit Health Woman's Hospital.
Used to be a great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeMay 16, 2012
Woman's Hospital used to be a great place to work and I was proud to be an employee. In the last couple of years their values have changed. As long as you go to work and don't "rock the boat" (such as reporting inappropriate behaviors of co-workers or concerns about staff related issues) you will be fine. They want "robots" and people who don't question their decisions. If you decide to stand up for something you believe in, watch out!!
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management and values
There is truly no better place to work!
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 10, 2015
Staff always willing to help co-workers. Attention to detail throughout the facility, including well-staffed units. Many continuing education opportunities offered to employees. Great benefits package.
Pros
positive atmosphere, striving to provide more excellent care
great hospital and staff
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2015
If ever a person is looking for employment or just retired and need place to spend some quality time with folks that appreciate life womans hospital is the best place to work and volunteers. Even its title says it all. A very warm hospital it really is but don't just take my word for it go and find out for yourself! if i did not have to move it would have been my place of employment.
Fantastic Place to work
Director of Materials Management - Director (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2013
From the atmosphere, senior management, Directors, Managers, staff workers, this is a great place to work. A typical day is where you arrive to work, feel good about being at work and knowing your staff and management support what you and your team are doing on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job (if you're coming from a corporate world) is remembering your environment. This is a non-profit facility. If you understand that some things take longer to complete than others, be like a Chameleon, change day to day depending on the challenges placed before you. The most enjoyable part of the job, working with a phenomenal staff that supports you in all of your endeavors.
Pros
an absolutely wonderful environment, great management team and supporting staff.
Cons
working out of town away from my family, i wish i could move this facility about an hour east of baton rouge.
Productive workplace with opportunity for career advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaOctober 31, 2014
I work on a fast pace unit with a high patient volume. My position requires quick decision making and the ability to prioritize patient needs and time management skills. I am able to provide patient care at the bedside and within minutes shift to a circulating nurse in the operating room. The most rewarding part of my job is to be a part of bringing new life into this world. The hardest part of my job is perinatal loss and having to provide care to grieving families through such a tragic time.
Great place to meet people of all walks of life.
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2012
answering phone lines and effectively transfering callers or answering their questions. Data/Updating/Verify demographics/faxing/copying/listening and assessing requested desires and assisting to satisfy their needs. Management was very helpful most of the time. Co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job would have to be not being able to find anyone to cover your shift after working on weekends or holidays and when calling manager she tells you that you have to stay if you can't find anyone (the longest was 2 days). The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the miracle of life.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
extremely long periods of time without a break.
Specialist hospital with good community outreach.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2014
A specialist hospital with emphasis on the health of women and
infants. Several programs with outreach to community on these
issues. Mostly happy environment with new additions to family.
Coworkers like family and very knowledgeable. Several tenured
employees in every area of hospital. Management works for
betterment of patients and employees. Most difficult part is loss of
infants. Most enjoyable part is coordinating patient care with
other departments.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
recent shift diiferential cuts
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2015
Woman's has a great environment, and the team is dedicated to helping those women and infants who come through the doors. There is a sense of pride that comes with working at the hospital.
Excellent place to Work!
Director of Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 29, 2013
It's a real pleasure to come to work. If not for having to be separated from my wife during the work week, as I live in another state, I would never, ever want to leave this facility. Wonderful management and staff members across the board. The hardest part of working here is living here during the week without a family to go home to. The most enjoyable part of my job....a top-notch staff that is as passionate about their jobs as I am about mine.
Nice place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 30, 2015
Patient levels where not to high, so cooking orders tickets was not to hard. Getting to create desserts was nice and the best part. I was able to be creative.
Diet Hostess
Diet Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
Woman's Hospital Was okay working environment the staff wasn't always full and the managers had no sympathy. Overall everything was quiet okay working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woman's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7