Woman's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great working environment. Every one is a team player
Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 22, 2016
Enjoyed working for Woman's Hospital. Great Administration team. A Great working environment. Working for Woman's over the years was a great pleasure. At times the job became stressful, as with any job. Overall I loved the job and the people.
Pros
Meeting Great people everyday.
Excellent place to work
Director of Materials Management - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2016
An excellent place to work all the way around. Senior Leadership is fantastic to work for and with. Director's, Manager's, Supervisor's, and staff strive for perfection and truly care about the mission of Woman's Hospital.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Sometimes people do get complacent and expect everything to go their way, all of the time and that's not possible.
Great workplace and Great doctors to work with
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Flowood MsSeptember 28, 2015
Great workplace and wonderful doctors to work with. I had wonderful co-workers and everyone was like family to me. I had a great experience working in the surgery dept. from August 2011-April 2015 until I was terminated. I since then have gotten back into a steady routine and would love nothing more than to be an employee again with Merit Health Woman's Hospital.
High stress/Very rewarding
RRT (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 22, 2015
Loved and worked well with coworkers - doctors, nurses, techs, fellow respiratory therapists. As floor therapist- responsible for every area of the hospital including codes. As NICU therapist - responsible for all codes, deliveries and infants. The most enjoyable part of the job was handing an infant to his/her mother for the first time...incredible feeling. The hardest part of the job was losing an infant. Advancement was not common; upper management was about my age - not retiring any time soon.
Pros
rewarding feelings
Cons
no advancement potential
Excellent workplace, very employee oriented
Health Information Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2015
One could not ask for a better management team. Co-workers consider each other as extended family members. Most have worked with each other for over a decade. "Do unto others" is the golden rule and it is followed.
great hospital and staff
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2015
If ever a person is looking for employment or just retired and need place to spend some quality time with folks that appreciate life womans hospital is the best place to work and volunteers. Even its title says it all. A very warm hospital it really is but don't just take my word for it go and find out for yourself! if i did not have to move it would have been my place of employment.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2015
Woman's has a great environment, and the team is dedicated to helping those women and infants who come through the doors. There is a sense of pride that comes with working at the hospital.
There is truly no better place to work!
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 10, 2015
Staff always willing to help co-workers. Attention to detail throughout the facility, including well-staffed units. Many continuing education opportunities offered to employees. Great benefits package.
Pros
positive atmosphere, striving to provide more excellent care
Nice place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 30, 2015
Patient levels where not to high, so cooking orders tickets was not to hard. Getting to create desserts was nice and the best part. I was able to be creative.
Diet Hostess
Diet Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
Woman's Hospital Was okay working environment the staff wasn't always full and the managers had no sympathy. Overall everything was quiet okay working there
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 9, 2015
start work day at 6:30
always call each patient around 8am to make sure they all have eaten
my coworkrs were always on the same page
the hardest part was rush hour
i love being able to help and be a great customer service representative
Pros
breaks
Cons
only 10percent off lunch
Productive workplace with opportunity for career advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaOctober 31, 2014
I work on a fast pace unit with a high patient volume. My position requires quick decision making and the ability to prioritize patient needs and time management skills. I am able to provide patient care at the bedside and within minutes shift to a circulating nurse in the operating room. The most rewarding part of my job is to be a part of bringing new life into this world. The hardest part of my job is perinatal loss and having to provide care to grieving families through such a tragic time.
Full of smart people with defined mission and goals
Bariatric Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 20, 2014
Great place to work! Busy, evolves, always striving to improve as an organization, improve patient outcomes and standards within the industry.
An awesome place to work, if it wasn't for moving 400 miles home, I would not even think about leaving.
Manager, Biomedical/Electrical (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work, friendly people. Easy to move up the ladder and admin really works with staff.
Specialist hospital with good community outreach.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2014
A specialist hospital with emphasis on the health of women and
infants. Several programs with outreach to community on these
issues. Mostly happy environment with new additions to family.
Coworkers like family and very knowledgeable. Several tenured
employees in every area of hospital. Management works for
betterment of patients and employees. Most difficult part is loss of
infants. Most enjoyable part is coordinating patient care with
other departments.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
recent shift diiferential cuts
Wonderful workplace
Accounts Receivables Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, La.June 25, 2014
Woman's Hosptial's Home health department was a wonderful area to work. Everyone always pulled together to help others in need and each other. It was the best place I ever worked.
A wonderful place to work
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Tech (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2013
The NICU is one of the most closest unit or departments that I have ever been apart of as far as being helpful.
Woman's Hospital
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 25, 2013
It is a great place to work. Some of the best people and co-workers that you will ever have.
There was always something that they did to make sure the employees was happy
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2013
Everybody smile there and love their job. I am so sorry that I had to move with my family. That hospital was my family. The employees did not back talk another employee. If a coworker did not do something some one else would do it and then tell them that they help them out. Even the Doctors are a part of that family.
Pros
you know that you had a job and no one was going to take it from you.
Cons
nothing
Great company to work for.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 18, 2013
Mostly every works together. My environment was very nice.

4.8