Woman's Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and a great learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2017
The best place to volunteer
Great workers
Everyone is a team player
Management is great
The environment is clean and also safe
This is a great opportunity for someone that's willing to pursue a career in the medical field.
Great Place to work overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with our clients and members.

Not a lot of advancement opportunities for someone in customer service.
Great place to increase knowledge
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2017
During a typical day at Woman's Center for Wellness, I met with 10-20 clients to review success, goals, and implement a plan for the next week. During my time there, I increased my skills on motivational interviewing, learned how to make accurate assessments on a clients health profile, worked along side a Registered Dietitian, and learned many skills it takes to be a successful Health Coach.
Pros
Diverse clients
Cons
No room for growth
wonderful hospital
OR Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 2, 2017
treatment of employees is excellent. Everyone works hard and work well together. Turnover is low. Employee benefits are great. Excellent pay, culture of learning, high standards, patient care comes first
High motivated
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoston TexasApril 7, 2017
Over 10 years of experience in a hospital as a floor technician service. Employee of the month award. Very punctual to work, reliable, honest, trustworthy and proven to communicate well with other with respect.
nice atmosphere
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
I worked contract from November to February and it was an excellent contract. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful. Customer service was their most important concern.
Excellent Place to Work
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2016
Working for Woman's Hospital is a rewarding experience. You feel appreciated from Management to Co-Workers. I would encourage anyone who likes working in a diverse atmosphere where your work is appreciated to apply at Woman's Hospital.
Depends on department, shift, and who your friends with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 16, 2016
Patient ratios are to high with no acuity system in place to help decrease ratio when acuity levels are high. Company only follows the national recommendations that they choose. Equipment for pt care is never working or can't be found. No lunch breaks. . No communication between departments. Only get advanced if yours friends with the right people. Lots of favorites played.

The best part of my job is my co-workers and my patients. When I have the time to education new parents and see them becoming more confident in themselves that is priceless.
Pros
Pay, benefits, teamwork, patients
Cons
Patient:Nurse ratio, No acuity system, Mgmt plays favorites.
Fantastic place to work!!
Coder (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 20, 2016
This is a truly fantastic place to work. There are a lot of employees that have been here 20-35 years. It's amazing how everyone enjoys their job. Everyone is always friendly and ready to help each other. They are appreciative of the employees and it really shows. I plan on working here until I retire and that's at least 25 yrs from now. I highly recommend working here!!
Pros
Happy environment and employees are appreciated!!
Cons
Can't think of any.
Team Work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 13, 2016
my manager was fare with everyone the company was a good place to work great bonus. no hard work .i love my coworkers. never had a problem that was not solved this company is the best,very caring about the workers
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Friendly Environment
Labor and Delivery Unit Secretary/ PRN (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 24, 2016
A very relaxed atmosphere, everyone works together to accomplish a project. Management is very professional, willing to help even if they do not know the answer. Always looking for individuals to advance within their position or taking on another position.
Pros
Cafeteria Discount, advancement opportunities
Cons
Can be slow at times on the weekends
Not what it seems.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 14, 2016
Woman's has a great reputation in Baton Rouge, but my experience was far from great during my time there. The health benefits is what keeps people there.
Productive and exceptional patient care
Part-time Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day would include coordinating a clean and safe work site for employees, patients, and visitors passing by. Inspecting equipment, setting up work area. Completing work thats needed. Replacing work area in way its needed for the next business day. Taking all equipment to be cleaned and stored along with supplies to be used the next business day.
Pros
Helping patients, and the compliments on a job well done. Pride in the craft.
Cons
Only a part time job.
Great working environment. Every one is a team player
Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 22, 2016
Enjoyed working for Woman's Hospital. Great Administration team. A Great working environment. Working for Woman's over the years was a great pleasure. At times the job became stressful, as with any job. Overall I loved the job and the people.
Pros
Meeting Great people everyday.
Excellent place to work
Director of Materials Management - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2016
An excellent place to work all the way around. Senior Leadership is fantastic to work for and with. Director's, Manager's, Supervisor's, and staff strive for perfection and truly care about the mission of Woman's Hospital.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Sometimes people do get complacent and expect everything to go their way, all of the time and that's not possible.
Great workplace and Great doctors to work with
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Flowood MsSeptember 28, 2015
Great workplace and wonderful doctors to work with. I had wonderful co-workers and everyone was like family to me. I had a great experience working in the surgery dept. from August 2011-April 2015 until I was terminated. I since then have gotten back into a steady routine and would love nothing more than to be an employee again with Merit Health Woman's Hospital.
High stress/Very rewarding
RRT (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 22, 2015
Loved and worked well with coworkers - doctors, nurses, techs, fellow respiratory therapists. As floor therapist- responsible for every area of the hospital including codes. As NICU therapist - responsible for all codes, deliveries and infants. The most enjoyable part of the job was handing an infant to his/her mother for the first time...incredible feeling. The hardest part of the job was losing an infant. Advancement was not common; upper management was about my age - not retiring any time soon.
Pros
rewarding feelings
Cons
no advancement potential
Excellent workplace, very employee oriented
Health Information Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2015
One could not ask for a better management team. Co-workers consider each other as extended family members. Most have worked with each other for over a decade. "Do unto others" is the golden rule and it is followed.
great hospital and staff
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2015
If ever a person is looking for employment or just retired and need place to spend some quality time with folks that appreciate life womans hospital is the best place to work and volunteers. Even its title says it all. A very warm hospital it really is but don't just take my word for it go and find out for yourself! if i did not have to move it would have been my place of employment.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2015
Woman's has a great environment, and the team is dedicated to helping those women and infants who come through the doors. There is a sense of pride that comes with working at the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woman's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7