Womanline Counseling Center, located in Dayton, OH has a long history of treating women with a history of childhood sexual abuse. We are developing a new program focused on eating disorders, and are looking for professionals to help get this new program off the ground and growing over the next several years. This is an exciting opportunity for physical health and mental health care professionals to be a part of much needed service in the Dayton area.
Visit our website, womanlinedayton.org, to learn more.
POSITION TITLE: HEALTH EDUCATOR (Part Time)
SUMMARY: Designs, schedules, and conducts education programs on eating disorders for the general community, for clients and families, and other professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches existing literature and stays current on emerging literature on eating disorders.
- Develops audience-specific (youth and adult, family, professionals) educational programs.
- Schedules and conducts educational programs in multiple public venues (schools, libraries, etc.)
- Develops and provides in-service training on relevant eating disorders topics for other health and mental health professionals
- Arranges and manages workshops for other professionals.
- Prepares and delivers educational literature suitable for various audiences and for general publication (newspapers, company newsletters, health fairs, community events, etc.)
- Develops and maintains a library on health, mental health and eating disorders for clients, families, and friends, and other professionals.
- Schedules and facilitates educational sessions for clients, family, and friends.
- Provides health information to clients.
- Assists marketing consultant in development of public information on eating disorders.
Education and Experience
- Minimal BA degree in a related health field (counseling, dietetics, education, nursing, psychology, or social work); MS or MA with licensure, preferred.
- Minimum of five years in health related or mental health field
- Minimum of three years in health education, preferably around eating disorders
- Demonstrated teaching and/or group leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills as demonstrated in writing and oral delivery
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with medical and mental health professionals.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques, including curriculum design, group and individual teaching techniques.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Microsoft Office Products