POSITION TITLE: Program Specialist - Shelton/ Naugatuck Valley based
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 - $35,000
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Programs and Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time; Exempt
REQUIRED TO APPLY: Resume & Cover Letter
WBDC, Inc. is a post-secondary educational organization focused on entrepreneurial training, financial education and professional development. WBDC provides training programs, workshops, one-on-one consulting and coaching and special events. WBDC’s main office is in Stamford with offices in Shelton and Waterbury and training sites in other cities and towns throughout CT.
OBJECTIVE: The Program Specialist is responsible for managing the implementation of WBDC’s programs and services, including outreach, facilitation, delivery, logistics, achieving program goals and compliance.
- Manages and safeguards all prospect, applicant and client paperwork/files for accountability and compliance;
- Manages and monitors WBDC program intake process;
- Assists the Senior Manager of Programs and Services in monitoring the tracking of all WBDC client information and outcomes;
- Monitors grant requirements for compliance;
- Assists the Senior Manager of Programs and Services in developing all WBDC program and services;
- Develops program schedules and assists in the distribution of schedules/collateral;
- Assist Senior Manager of Programs and Services with recruitment, management and monitoring for quality control of all WBDC Volunteer Instructors and Counselors;
- Promotes all programs and services, including representing WBDC throughout the state;
- Ensures efficient and timely preparation and delivery of materials for all WBDC programs and services;
- Provides all necessary reports to the Senior Manager of Programs and Services;
- Ensures that all WBDC programs are properly staffed; may make on-site decisions;
- Enhance existing client tracking systems to increase and improve client data collection and program outcomes/measurements; Other duties as assigned
Required: Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, business administration or liberal arts;
(significant work/life experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
Desirable: BS/BA degree
- Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset; creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic;
- Prior office experience in community development and/or non-profit sector with considerable management and training experience;
- Small business or women economic self-reliance experience and/or interest
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel; PowerPoint and Database software;
- Sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base; Out-going and client focused;
- Sales and customer-service oriented;
- Must have own transportation as this position requires travel between locations;
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.