As a women’s global advocacy organization, WEDO works to ensure that women’s rights; social, economic and environmental justice; and sustainable development principles – as well as the linkages between them – are at the heart of global and national policies, programs and practices. WEDO works toward three interlinked strategic goals:
- Goal 1: Women are empowered as decision-makers and leaders, especially in environmental and sustainable development arenas;
- Goal 2: Sustainable development policies, plans and practices are gender responsive; and
- Goal 3: Global governance is transparent, accountable and effective.
WEDO is dedicated to supporting women’s leadership and engendering environment and development policies and programmes, allying with women’s organizations; environmental, development and human rights organizations; governments; and intergovernmental organizations, including the United Nations, to achieve its mission.
WEDO is currently seeking a Finance Manager to manage its ~$1.5 million dollar annual operating budget. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing WEDO’s day-to-day financial, accounting and administrative operations. The Finance Manager works closely with a small international staff, as well as WEDO’s international Board of Directors, liaising regularly with the Board Treasurer.
Oversee fiscal policies and procedures, budgeting, audits, and financial management for the organization.
Maintain and update all accounting records using Fund EZ and Excel. Allocate expenses to diverse funding sources to ensure compliance with funders and to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
Coordinate with staff to prepare and modify the annual budget and revenue and expense reporting, as well as to develop and manage project budgets (for current grants, proposals and reporting.)
Perform analytical work and prepare all required documents and reports in preparation for the annual independent audit and tax returns, as well as for project-specific audits, as necessary. Serve as liaison with WEDO’s independent auditors. Ensure organizational compliance with all regulatory tax filing and audit requirements. Prepare for project audits, as needed.
Prepare internal and external financial reports to the Director, Board and funders. Prepare financial statements, including statement of financial position, revenue/expenses and cash flow analysis reports on a monthly basis.
Maintain current cash balance reports for transfer of funds from investment account to operating account.
Manage business relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
Process domestic and international payments, receivables, and cash receipts processed by checks, electronically or wire transfer.
Assist the Director, as necessary, in managing lease agreements and the relationships/agreements related to the office premises.
Serve as human resource coordinator, which includes employee benefits and retirement funds administration. Negotiate renewal of health and other insurances with broker(s). Keep current records of employees’, consultants’ and partners’ files and provide information as requested by government agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, verification of employment and salary requested by banks, prospective landlords, and others.
Process payroll online using Paychex.
Recruit and supervise finance assistants/interns to ensure smooth operations of the office and computer systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will have
- BA or BS in Accounting or Business Administration;
- At least three years experience in the nonprofit sector;
- Familiarity working with multiple and diverse sources of funding;
- Proven skills and experience with GAAP, execution of annual audit and internal controls, financial reporting and budgeting;
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and fluency in English;
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Experience with computerized accounting software is required (Fund- EZ preferred);
- Sense of humor and ability to work well with diverse staff; and
- Interest in WEDO’s portfolio of work and personal commitment to its vision and mission.
WEDO offers a salary and benefits package commensurate with comparable NFPs. Start date will be immediate.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references by January 31, 2013. Only email applications will be accepted; incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls, please.
Job Description can be downloaded here: http://www.wedo.org/news/wedo-looking-for-new-finance-manager-come-join-our-team