JOB TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: President
MISSION: WORC’s mission is to promote social and economic self-sufficiency for economically disadvantaged people. WORC provides training, individual business assistance, job placement, and access to business and financial resources.
DESCRIPTION: The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia that promotes social and economic self-sufficiency for economically disadvantaged women and their families. WORC provides training, individual business assistance, a savings program, support services, and access to business and financial resources. WORC received the “2001 Presidential Award for Excellence in Microenterprise Development: Poverty Alleviation” from the United States Department of Treasury.
WORC is seeking a Part-Time Development/Executive Assistant to assist the President in editing reports, grant requests, news releases, policy and research, event planning, travel arrangements, preparation of all documents, memos and correspondence for Board members and meetings. Responsibilities also include scheduling appointments and managing and organizing President’s office.
- Experienced grant writer or demonstration of equivalent skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and carry through projects from beginning to end
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work under pressure
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications, particularly Excel, Access and Word
- Interest in community development, economics, and/or microfinance
- Organized self-starter
- Minimum 2-5 years experience
Please submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements. If you have any questions please feel free to call 215-564-5500.