Women Employee Reviews

Fast paced WIC program in urban environment
Supervising Dietitian (Current Employee) –  234 East 149th Street, Bronx, NY 10451August 17, 2015
Fast paced WIC program in urban environment, typically providing service to approximately 150 clients per day. I have been exposed to every aspect of the program from clerical to nutritionist to supervisory/administrative functions.
I work with a dedicated group of people who do their utmost to provide quality service to our clientele. The job becomes difficult when dealing with disgruntled participants; otherwise, the job is rewarding when you are able to help meet participants' needs.
Pros
The ability to promote/introduce new services
Cons
Human Resources Department is slow to fill vacancies, which leads to over worked staff.
Sales Company
Sales Representative, AVON (Former Employee) –  Suisun City, CAJuly 30, 2012
AVON was a work-at-home type of job where I could set my own hours and manage myself, but I had a leader to report to for inquiries. I have learned how-to present myself professionally and personally. The only management was my leader. I never met my co-workers at meetings due to a family illness. The hardest part of the job was getting customers during that difficult time, and the most enjoyable part about AVON was learning new things.
Pros
side cash
Cons
no mailed paystub or medical for sales reps
Fun and very helpful facility for greater Haverhill
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 9, 2015
This is an excellent group of people to work with. There was never a day I felt as if I belonged to a company that really put their whole heart into everything they did. Management was great. My favorite part of volunteering here were the people i worked amongst Friendly, work oriented individuals, who unknowingly drove me to excel in my personal life. i.e. college with a 4.0.
Pros
friendly staff
An Outstanding Career
Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAFebruary 28, 2014
The had the opportunity to improve my Spanish skills, refer clients to other programs for needy families, teach nutrition and breastfeeding classes, lead a team of 8-10 employees, train up to 150 staff members, present to crowds up to 150, learn adult education techniques, talk to legislators in Washington DC, use Motivational Interviewing to help families achieve their health goals and to counsel participants on nutrition.
Fun and productive
Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 16, 2013
A typical day at work would be inputting online orders, making phone calls to customers, and delivering orders to customers. Every day I learned that it is wonderful to have a job that you love doing. The hardest part about the job was balancing family (2 children), full time college course (5 classes), and full time work (data entry and delivery of client orders). The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day.
Great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2015
Consist of helping women in their OB/GYN care. I learned great medical procedures. The hardest part of this position was when women found out that they were not able to have children or lost a child during delivery. The most enjoyable part was when a patient was cleared of any medical diseases and was able to proceed with life as normal.
Pros
Professional staff
Cons
No cons
Hard work but rewarding by helping people
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 22, 2015
Providing Nutrition Education at certification or subsequent certification, tailor food packaged accordingly, determine risk criteria to approve benefits and provide vouchers. Provide nutrition Education individual or in group based on high risk criteria and outreach in the community.
Pros
working with participant that I had no experience before
Cons
not enough privacy
Fair and professional work environment
Clinical Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Counseled pregnant women in the WIC Program as to proper nutrition at a critical time in their lives. Also counseled young mothers as to the nutritional care for their infants and children. Enjoyed the diversity of people I met everyday and loved interacting with the general public.
FUn
Clinic Office Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSDecember 2, 2015
Good place to work for!
Nice people!
The workload could get challenge but it is all worth it.
Love helping people it is the most enjoyable part of the job
Learned so much about FAFSA, ISIR, and Financial Aid laws
A culturally diverse environment
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Evans, COOctober 25, 2013
A truly enjoyable environment to work in with caring colleagues. Provided nutrition counseling in Spanish and English to women during pregnancy as well as for children from birth to 5 years of age.
Pros
job tasks
Cons
location, only part time
Fun
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, IllinoisMay 12, 2015
Helping set up and seeing a customer face when they taste a really good dessert is so satisfying, I really enjoy being a volunteer helping her promote her business with cards, word of mouth, samples, and parties.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Great place to work due to ability to help others in need.
Registered Nurse/CPA (Former Employee) –  Lake Station, INSeptember 19, 2015
Offer ideas to correct nutrition deficiency. Hardest part was seeing participants who were in abusive homes. Best part helping those in need.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Seeing abuse.
Wonderful place to work.
CPA, Certified Professional Authority (WIC Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Incirlik, AB TurkeyNovember 25, 2012
The WIC office provided me the chance to work independently and be able to make a difference in the lives of mothers and their children.
Pros
working independently
Cons
manager in a different country.
Nordies
Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I had a great experience here! politics suck! be prepared to live and die for nordstrom. They take over your soul.
Pros
could make a lot of money
Cons
politic!!!
Fun, challenging and stimulating environment
Reporter (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 17, 2015
I want to be challenged and be in a newsroom where free flow of ideas can be exchanged and where we can all learn, work, develop and grow as a team.
stressful
CNS (Former Employee) –  arizonaMarch 25, 2015
stressful and staff is undervalued.

poor and under qualified management.

patients yell at you all the time

would not recommend
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
need to work with difficult people
mismanaged by grant writers
HIV Educator, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2013
extremely needed service, ruined by grant writer corruption and greed
Pros
needed service to impact hiv, hepc transmission
Cons
greed of director caused company to lose all grants
Weekends and holidays are off
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with infants and children by teaching them how to eat healthy by choosing healthy foods
I loved helping breastfeeding moms
Good people working relationship was not great
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 12, 2014
Wrong people in leadership position.. The clients were more important to me than to others working at the facility.
WEMN
Assistant to the Director (Former Employee) –  MISeptember 14, 2015
Involved pairing up mentors and mentees.
Arranging events.
Assisting women in engineering
It had flexible working hours, and good funding,