Project Manager with Experience Managing IT Infrastructure Projects
Technical/Functional Skills :
- Leadership: Ability to showcase enterprise level infrastructure programs through the use of MS
Office (Visio, Powerpoint, Project, Word)
- Influencing / Collaboration: Able to quickly learn and communicate concepts and best practices.
Collaborates extensively with fellow team members
- Ability to make use of standard procedures and techniques in work environment to bring the
best of the team experience
- Project Management experience of working with Infrastructure team for maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer systems.
- Work with Infrastructure team to plan operating system enhancements that will improve the
reliability and performance of the system.
- Project Management experience on Servers (including SQL, Oracle database servers), networks
and Blade system technologies
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Responsible for overall planning, execution and monitoring of the upgrade project.
- Monitors the overall migration progress and outstanding issues
- Assists the team in resolving issues, coordinating with various stakeholders and ensuring
timely closure of open action items
- Reports progress of the project to management
- Implements a standardized Project Management Methodology - PMP preferred
- Manages the scope and baseline for this project
- Allocates the tasks to the team members and tracking the status on a regular basis
- Recommends final sign-off acceptance on deliverables
- Assists in Change Management
- Identifies, escalates risks and plans mitigations
- Issue tracking and Closure
- Responsible for managing and maintaining quality for the deliverables
- Evaluates organizational readiness for change
- Conducts status meeting with the infrastructure team
- Oversees project communications
- Develops implementation plans, roadmap and schedule
- Engages with customers for consultation, analyze their business needs and align them to
technology that will help them meet their goals
Generic Managerial Skills :
- Communicates at the highest levels.
- Works as part of a team and work towards meeting the goal as a team
- Demonstrates collaboration with team members, and solid leadership skills when leading others.
- Co-ordinates with multiple teams/stakeholders during upgrade planning, execution and post
Relevant Experience (Yrs) :
- 10+ years of total IT experience with significant time spent hands on
- 5+ years of Infrastructure Project Management experience
- 3+ years of managing two or more projects concurrently
- 3+ years in a consultative role
- Not necessary but nice to have a Computer Science/Electrical Engineering degree