Wood Consulting

Wood Consulting Employer Reviews

Wood Consulting, Inc.
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2013
Cons: job security depends on federal contract funds
Great management, and work atmosphere. Opportunity to learn a lot.
No Follow Thru and No Communication
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 7, 2013
Pros: free hmo plan
Cons: no communication with headquarters, poor leadership
I worked at Wood for almost 3 years. In the beginning everything was wonderful - there were promises of career advanced, tuition reimbursement, training, salary increases, etc. Overtime all of this changed. HR steadily went downhill. Communication with management was almost nil and since I was on assignment I never had any interaction with Headquarters.
They – more... quickly began to do away with all incentives to stay with the company. Stipulations were added to all benefits making them almost impossible to receive. By year two increases dropped significantly and when I asked about career advancement HR refused to discuss it. When I interviewed for another position within the company I found the other offices disorganized and management confusing. Despite the protocol I never heard back from anyone and ended up having to call HR myself - and they were unable to give any information.
Despite referring friends to Wood consulting and being promised referral bonus' I never received one. Wood is known for suddenly finding "unwritten" stipulations making you "ineligible to receive" what they have previously promised you. There is no communication with headquarters and no way of discussing with management.
I would never refer anyone to work for Wood Consulting. They hire quality people and treat them horribly - the only reason ppl hung on was for the hope of being picked up by the government. – less