WOOD COUNTY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great environment with great people.
Welcome Center Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 2, 2017
I always felt uplifted when I went in to work my shifts. I was trained very well. The environment was healthy. I learned a lot about healthcare and customer service.
frantic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 29, 2017
Management only concerned about the bottom dollar. nurse burn out is not a concern, that really should be addressed. patient load not at a safe level.
The hospital is s great place to work, the employees not so much
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 19, 2017
Good place to work, nice, clean environment.
Learned a lot from the employees. Kitchen is very clean. Trainers are knowledgeable and very proactive.. The employees need a dose of reality.
Pros
Meet tons of people, most of the staff is friendly
Cons
Alot of highschool drama from kitchen staff. Schedule is all messed up, recieved a suspension for unknown causes, called management, they told me the manager got fired?
best job ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 9, 2017
the staff was amazing and worked as a team should. I learned so much from that company and it really helped me advance my phlebotomy career. Everyone was very friendly and the entire hospital had a sense of "you belong here" type of vibe. very family oriented.
Pros
best job ever
Cons
no breaks and got bumped to send shift when hired in as 1st
Wood County Hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Great people to work with, management needs to discipline better and try and motivate their employees. Benefits could be much better and better raises and wages could be given.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job has been assisting in the care of others in a fun, laid-back atmosphere. I have learned a lot and have gained valuable experience in the areas of hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, microbiology, and blood banking
Student aid
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Hospital worked with my school to give students opportunity to work and explore the health care system. Great opportunity and absolutely loved the nurses and staff I worked with.
Don't waste your time working there
Hospital employee (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 8, 2016
Very small hospital. There's no room for advancement and they don't give out performance raises or raises of any sort. Not only that, the benefits are so expensive and they suck. You also don't get sick time or personal time. It is by far the most boring place I've ever worked not enough to do and way too much drama. The only people who matter are the salaried employees. Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there.
I enjoyed the team work and customer service there
Dietary aide II (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Our days varied depending on the position we were scheduled for. All the members of our department rotated positions weekly. I was trained in cashier, barista, food prep, and other kitchen oriented tasks. My co workers were easy to get along with.However, it turned out to be easy in no time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with the customers as this was a community based hospital it was nice to get to know them.
Busy department
laboratory technologist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 5, 2014
I work in the laboratory. The department gets busy at times. Management doesn't want any additional hours even if they are needed. Benefits are not even close to any other job, ONE week of vacation and very expensive health insurance.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
ONE week of vacation and expensive health insurance
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 13, 2014
I was only an intern at the company, but if I was a regular employee this would be a great job, with many opportunities to make advancements.
Nice place to work, unfortunately, pay is very unbalanced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green OHJuly 14, 2014
Friendly place to work, surrounded by hard working professionals.
Nice smaller hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 5, 2014
I enjoyed being the only phlebotomist on second shift. I worked with the techs performing some routine testing in the lab. Got my certification to draw ABGs.
Pros
Smaller, homelike atomosphere
Cons
Small cafeteria
Small community hospital
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 13, 2014
It's a very friendly atmosphere where patients come first. Many staffers are long term employees making advancement difficult.
Wood County Hospital
Certified Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day at work is completely atypical. I am constantly having to deal with new situations, and I would not want to have it any other way. I enjoy the fast pace environment nursing has to offer. I attain vital signs from patients, assist the Registered Nurse with the physical assessment, meet any requests from the patient, keep the patient and family informed (per HIPPA policies), monitor intake and output, document and chart using an EMR. Time management is very crucial in my field, especially when I am assigned up to seven patients. I have come to learn my way of organization to abide by the time restraints. My co-workers are very pleasant, and one of the most enjoyable parts of my day. All employees, even down to dietary are extremely wonderful. I could not have asked for a better hospital staff. Medical staff members are willing to help out in any situation and will give it their all. The hardest part of my job is dealing with families who do not have the same intended wishes as their loved ones who are unable to speak for themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job consists of all of the different people I get to meet on a daily basis. I enjoy meeting new people and figuring out what I can do to make their day just a little better.
Director
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 31, 2013
•Provided personal care and professional excellence by planning, organizing, leading, controlling and the budgeting of a two plus million dollar budget operation. A breakdown of the areas included: the Kitchen, Catering, Retail, Clinical Dietetics, Outpatient Dietetics, the Diabetes Education Program and Meals on Wheels.
•Established and implemented departmental policies and procedures in conformity with those of administration and the requirements of third party regulators.
•Managed and supervised a staff of 50 paid employees including registered dietitians, registered nurses, chefs, production managers, administrative staff, diet office and a full contingent of kitchen workers.
•Lead a local operation of the Meals on Wheels organization including a board and over 100 volunteers.
Pros
A large unit to oversee
Cons
The institution is losing money.
LPN/Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 27, 2013
Great Nurses and Doctors. Great place to work. Busy surgical suites, and hard working people.
Pros
Communication
Cons
management
great community atmosphere
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  bowling green, ohApril 22, 2013
organization supports professionals in education and job growth.
A lot to fix in a hospital
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green OHMay 27, 2012
I would fix the things that I would have work orders for and if I would run out of work orders I would help other maintenance men

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOOD COUNTY HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

WOOD COUNTY HOSPITAL Reviews by Location